Destination Films | Release Date: September 1, 2000
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 24 Ratings
Watch Now
BenJ.Aug 30, 2001
Good movie... But kinda depressing and sad.... Made me think about how my x is a stupid slut and how she screwed me over!!
0 of 2 users found this helpful
MannyJ.May 15, 2006
While I am a fan of Amanda Peet and her work in other comedies, this movie has poor comedic value. There are very few comical moments and they are all saved until the closing credits.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
BP.May 27, 2007
If you are thinking of watching Whipped, do yourself a favor and just smash your hand in a car door instead.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
RJKNov 14, 2011
The film was mostly preposterous but Linda Udd as Subway Girl was a vision of loveliness for all of her five seconds. If the director knew enough to make a film worth watching he would have seen her radiance and centered the film around her.
ahkeecawkoJan 27, 2012
This movie is truly awful. My friend and I sometimes challenge people to sit thru it, "The Whipped Challenge". Odd thing, only at the very end is there any redemption of what you painfully endured.
jmorris724Dec 9, 2014
this was a very original movie and it DID make me laugh, but there are some things about it that are so cheesey and over the top that it's just ridiculous. it has a lot of style. i liked the direction. but the underdevelopment of Mya is athis was a very original movie and it DID make me laugh, but there are some things about it that are so cheesey and over the top that it's just ridiculous. it has a lot of style. i liked the direction. but the underdevelopment of Mya is a huge flaw that can't be overlooked. supposedly these 3 guys are all in love with her, yet there's no reason for it, not even exceptional looks. as i type thise, the current user average is 5.9...that's about right. Expand
nathanboJun 6, 2015
The only thing that works in this film is the chemistry among the four main leads. Repulsive and sleazy writing is the replacement of what could of have been an intriguing screw-ball comedy. Every unfunny joke will make the film feel like itThe only thing that works in this film is the chemistry among the four main leads. Repulsive and sleazy writing is the replacement of what could of have been an intriguing screw-ball comedy. Every unfunny joke will make the film feel like it is going slower and slower. The characters were not acted very well and were created to be more like gimmicks than actual human beings. Not to mention that the characters are not relatable or likeable at all. The last thing you want as filmmaker is make something hard to sit through, unless that is your goal. If that is your case then Whipped is the perfect blueprint on how to achieve that. Nothing feels natural or realistic about how people act or interact with people in this movie, which makes it hard for the viewer to delve into the lore of what is happening. The film is also very grounded, which kills the possibility of over-the-top fun. Some people can tell you it's funny, but they are probably not able to explain why. The humor in this film is very acquired and 99% of the audience will probably prefer to actually be whipped then watch this. Expand