5.9

1. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a fantastic movie. The action is top quality, there's lots of changes in the situation as the movie goes along, it's a grand time to watch. I mean, yes, the plot is totally silly when you get down to it, but that's totally fine because the lead-up to the scenario isn't really as much the point as the scenario itself. You should watch this movie.
  2. Sep 7, 2013
    White House Down starring John Cale (Channing Tatum) and President James Sawyer (Jamie Foxx) is a current events type movie making you think what the country would do if really put into a situation of the president being killed.

The movie starts with Emily Cale waking up due to a breaking news alert on her phone and see's helicopters out her window (containing the president.) She is upset with her dad (John Cale) because he missed her performance at the talent show. Her talent was flag twirling and by this time we learn that she is a "White House know it all." John is going to an interview for the head of security and invites his daughter to come to make it up to her.

John basically blows the interview and on their way out a man asks if they are there for the White House Tour and he says yes to make his daughter happy. Without revealing too much, Emily goes to the bathroom on the tour and the White House is taken over, given the name of the movie. White House Down is the fight for John to both save the president, and his daughter.

At the screening, the audience, including myself were laughing constantly at little bits of humor such as President Sawyer changing into his Air Jordan shoes when he knew he would need to fight. Again, I will say that White House Down was one of the most entertaining action movies I have ever seen.

Though other critics over thought this movie saying the president looked too much like Obama, being a teen reviewer, I focus on the actual movie and not the political aspect. In closing, I definitely recommend the movie to anyone looking for an entertaining action film. I would definitely see it again with friends and think White House Down is a clear choice to anyone wanting a mix of action and comedy in a movie.
  3. Jan 24, 2014
    This is a must watch movie for anyonw who loves action and explosions.
    Channing Tatum does a great job and Jamie Foxx is a great fake president.
    hopefully people will not look at the overall average for this move and think there are some better films out there, they should watch this
  4. Aug 31, 2014
    Here we go again. Its one favorite movie after another. THIS IS WHY I LOVE ROLAND EMMERICH and his movies! From the director of Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, and 2012 comes in a fun summer popcorn flick with great action, great actors that are just so lovable and great fun action/destruction in the white house. Yes, the 3 pervious movies I mentioned here are all my favoritesHere we go again. Its one favorite movie after another. THIS IS WHY I LOVE ROLAND EMMERICH and his movies! From the director of Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, and 2012 comes in a fun summer popcorn flick with great action, great actors that are just so lovable and great fun action/destruction in the white house. Yes, the 3 pervious movies I mentioned here are all my favorites which made me look up to Roland Emmerich. He is outstanding. Jamie Foxx and Channing Tantum had great chemistry and I just LOVED joey King in this movie! I just freaking love her, she's a cute teenage actress. Loved this movie, became one of all-time favorites. Great work everyone Expand
  5. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is great. It's about some bad dudes who try to blow up the white house, 2 men, (1 dies at around the middle from the other guy putting grenades on a necklace around his neck),(pretty scary scene:o) and a little girl who saves the white house (and goes on a helicopter yay :D) So that is a GREAT movie! 10/10 Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2014
    It was worth seeing at the films... by a longshot. Action films never get any better than this. From beginning to end: nonstop, epic thrills that make you jump out of your seat. I'm gonna give it a 9 because it had a couple of flaws but other than those flaws, this is one monster of a movie.
  7. Oct 12, 2014
    This movie is yet another well made film by Roland Emmerich! The destruction of D.C. was so realistic and the special effects were amazing. I would recommend this film to anybody!

1. Reviewed by: Mark Kermode
    Sep 15, 2013
    This bona-fide big-budget Hollywood flop at least has the good grace to laugh at itself as it rolls out the dingbat-daft action-movie cliches.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Sep 10, 2013
    The outcome may be pre-ordained, but Emmerich’s knack for a witty pop-culture reference, a pulse-pounding gun battle or a sneaky political undercurrent (the film has drawn fire in the US for being leftie propaganda) hasn’t deserted him.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lincoln meets Sudden Death: a corny but raucous throwback to when Planet Hollywood was hip. Gary Busey popping out of a rose bush wouldn’t feel out of place.