White Noise

4.6

1. LarryR.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Just slightly scarier that Scooby battles the Pirate Ghosts. The movie is more "hole" than plot. An conclusion that has "let's end it and get out of here" written all over it. Makes as much sense as the revenge of the Three Stooges, which by the way concludes this rediculous bore of a picture.
  2. MartyR.
    Jan 10, 2005
    I can usually find SOME redeeming value in nearly any movie, but I sat in my seat for long minutes after the credits had rolled, really angry at having spent money for a creepy but ultimately stupidly incoherent experience.
  3. JL
    Jan 7, 2005
    Really really bad...avoid at all cost!
  4. NickB.
    Jan 8, 2005
    If you are looking to be a little scared watch White Noise while it is in theaters, because once it is on dvd without the huge screen it won't be. Overall White Noise was stupid and confusing, but it was funny laughing at all the stupid corny parts.
  5. VireshD
    Jan 9, 2005
    I have just been to see the film... my advice is spend your money on a haircut or a new t-shirt. You have been warned.... It's very poor compared to the RING or SAW.
  6. ScottM.
    Jan 9, 2005
    I was so excited about seeing this film. It sucked. You've been warned.
  7. RafaelC
    Mar 7, 2005
    Really bad and boring movie, sad story, almost fell asleep. Doesnt even scare a 7 years old kid. I want my Money back!
  8. Bill
    Jul 13, 2005
    What the heck?? I like(d) Michael Keaton a lot from his older flicks. But what in the world would possess him to take this role? Good god, this has to be the worst movie I've seen in years. Could somebody please please tell me why those 3 stupid ghosts were out to get him?? The producer of this flick needs a good 'ole whipping to let a movie end like that. Just plain stupid.
  9. GermanG.
    Jan 7, 2005
    No sense, no style, no conclusion. I expected a far superior movie, since the subject is very interesting. It wasn't worthed!
  10. CodyK.
    Jun 11, 2005
    What do you get when you have an interesting premise and a retarded plot?
  11. TylerC
    Jul 15, 2005
    I only gave this a 3 because i think Michael Keaton is a great actor, i think the concept of contacting dead people is cool, and i did not spend 10 bucks at a theatre to see this. Why couldn't they find another star to be in this movie? Michael Keaton is the only one. Even the commentary sucked! Keaton left halfway through it because "he was on vacation." I only watched the I only gave this a 3 because i think Michael Keaton is a great actor, i think the concept of contacting dead people is cool, and i did not spend 10 bucks at a theatre to see this. Why couldn't they find another star to be in this movie? Michael Keaton is the only one. Even the commentary sucked! Keaton left halfway through it because "he was on vacation." I only watched the commentary to try to make some sense of the movie but in the end it still makes no sense!! Expand
  12. BonehoC.
    Jul 4, 2005
    The first hour or so of the movie is so incredibly awesome as you watch the tired Micheal Keaton continously obess over his wife's death about a year after it even happens. Next thing we know we're being treated with an over-weight crazy "professor" who has apparently figured out that ghosts can easily be heard with nothing more than an AV camera and a couple of telivisions. The first hour or so of the movie is so incredibly awesome as you watch the tired Micheal Keaton continously obess over his wife's death about a year after it even happens. Next thing we know we're being treated with an over-weight crazy "professor" who has apparently figured out that ghosts can easily be heard with nothing more than an AV camera and a couple of telivisions. Thankfully, the audience is blessed when it all comes down to the fact that the main character's telivision just so happens to tell him when people are about to die. Along the way we recieve some cheap attempts at scares from three randomized ghosts who like scaring people because they're "BAD!" The thing I was most pleased with though is how the movie ends suddenly without an ounce of intelligence or thought. Expand
  13. MattB
    Jul 6, 2005
    How many times do we have to see the same movie made over and over and over? For a better movie with almost the same story, watch The Sixth Sense, The Ring, Stir of Echoes.... It's amazing how many movies get made about dead people trying to get living people to do stuff when that's not even possible. This one wins the trophy for being the least scary and making almost no sense.
  14. SheonaB.
    Jan 15, 2005
    Im only 13, but it takes alot to scare me. Honestly that movie was crap! I paid for a ticket so something would scare the crap out of me, not so i could sit there and almost fall asleep watching an idoit save other ppl when he couldnt even relize to save himself too.
  15. AlexH.
    Feb 16, 2005
    I honestly have to say that I was so pumped up to see this movie. I forced everyone around me to go see and the day it came out we went to see it. I was so throughly let down I can't begin. The acting was not the best, the plot went nowhere, and there were maybe three scary parts. The VERY end, not that blasphmy involving demons they call an end, but the actual end was clever. Other I honestly have to say that I was so pumped up to see this movie. I forced everyone around me to go see and the day it came out we went to see it. I was so throughly let down I can't begin. The acting was not the best, the plot went nowhere, and there were maybe three scary parts. The VERY end, not that blasphmy involving demons they call an end, but the actual end was clever. Other than that there is no other reason that you should be compelled to see this movie ever. Expand
  16. AD
    May 22, 2005
    Nice as a horor film but the reviews did not clue one in! It should have rated more than PG13!!!!
  17. unibrow
    May 26, 2005
    Pros: Can't wait til the end to kow what happens. Cons: boring!!!!, stupid ending. Overview: The first hour of the movie=5; last half-hour=-1.
    Mar 13, 2007
    I rented it for 99 cents and still felt like I got ripped off after watching it. I would call it a piece of crap, but that would be insulting to crap.
  19. Mar 31, 2013
    A concept that is interesting but a movie that was made horribly and didn't make sense at all. Half the time your watching Michael Keaton watch a screen with a look on his face that he well knows he is in a garbage of a film.
  20. Aug 27, 2012
    The most boring uneventful "horror" movie that I ever laid eyes on. Such a pathetic movie with absolutely nothing to offer except misery. Who could possibly sit through this. Dreadful with a clueless dull story.

1. There's nothing at all scary about White Noise, which goes bump in the night so often it's easy to mistake it for clumsy.
  2. What might have been a rote horror exercise becomes instead a twitchy, mannered, often amusing rote horror exercise.
    No, this isn't an adaptation of Don DeLillo’s great 1985 novel, but a muddled talking-ghosts movie.