Why Did I Get Married Too?

6.6

1. BarbaraK
    Apr 5, 2010
    Wonderful,wonderful. Keep doing what you are doing.
  2. AA
    Apr 5, 2010
    WDIGMT gives Perrys target market something to watch. There are people that actually identify with the characters in this film. There is only one part that is over the top, but the rest of it happens daily. Though it had funny parts, I don't think it was meant to be a comedy. It was more of a drama which is what I expected when I think about the title. He shows a mans point of view WDIGMT gives Perrys target market something to watch. There are people that actually identify with the characters in this film. There is only one part that is over the top, but the rest of it happens daily. Though it had funny parts, I don't think it was meant to be a comedy. It was more of a drama which is what I expected when I think about the title. He shows a mans point of view and a woman's point of view. He shows their lives together, how they fall apart and how they support one another. The lines could use some polishing. I hope to see Tyler Perry's work get better over time. All things considered he is off to a great start. Expand
  3. ChrystalT.
    Apr 4, 2010
    I think the movie was great. It gets the point across that life is too short and don't sweat the small stuff. Every relationship has ups and downs and you have to work through them. Great job Tyler! Don't listen to the haters. You have your target audience who loves your work. The sold out shows says it all!
  4. DoyleG.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I really enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster of Mr. Perry's movie. It seems that when you thought things couldn't get any worse, he found a way to make it worse. I was constantly on my seat trying to see what twist he would up next. I think the ending of this movie was definitely not one that I would have thought would happen.
  5. TammyW
    Apr 3, 2010
    I think every thing Tyler Perry works on is a work of art!!This movie included the story line was great and the acting was superb.Tyler deserves and award for this movie along with Janet Jackson. Come on America give this man his just do!! Bravo Tyler well done.
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    WDIGMT is a much better installment in this series then the first one. Iâ
  7. Jul 9, 2012
    This movie is for people who like hardcore drama movies. If you don't like drama then don't watch it. Its that simple! This movie is very well written with a serious, and realistic plot that delivers. This movie demonstrates why Tyler Perry is so wealthy...BECAUSE HIS MOVIES ARE ART! This movie is heart-wrenching, realistic, entertaining, and humorous! The ONLY movies that can make me cryThis movie is for people who like hardcore drama movies. If you don't like drama then don't watch it. Its that simple! This movie is very well written with a serious, and realistic plot that delivers. This movie demonstrates why Tyler Perry is so wealthy...BECAUSE HIS MOVIES ARE ART! This movie is heart-wrenching, realistic, entertaining, and humorous! The ONLY movies that can make me cry are Lion King and Tyler Perry films, and this is one of them. I also love Janet in this film, never knew she could act so well! Expand
  8. LuisG.Z
    Apr 3, 2010
    Cliche to say but its rare that a sequel lives up to its original the case is the same here- a disappointment - the end will literally kill you - long- stale- and aside from ANGELA and MARCUS the rest of the couples lack any charisma-bravura.
  9. ToddH.
    Apr 3, 2010
    The movie was overdramatic. the quality of sound was very poor. really couldn't hear it. My wife ask the attendants about the volume,and they said that iys the way Tyler makes his movies. Too much why did I cheat. The one lady just to annoying to really understand anything else.
  10. Paul
    Apr 3, 2010
    Crap. Pure crap. Don't bother to waste your time or money on this.
  11. ChadS
    Apr 4, 2010
    Respect Tyler Perry. He's so successful, you have to. If winning over the hearts and minds of his many detractors was a going concern to this culturally polarizing filmmaker, Madea(his most hated...and loved creation) would have been put out to pasture by now. Thankfully, contemporary cinema's most recognizable transvestite(who must have Billy Wilder rolling in his grave), sits Respect Tyler Perry. He's so successful, you have to. If winning over the hearts and minds of his many detractors was a going concern to this culturally polarizing filmmaker, Madea(his most hated...and loved creation) would have been put out to pasture by now. Thankfully, contemporary cinema's most recognizable transvestite(who must have Billy Wilder rolling in his grave), sits this one out, the sequel to 2008's "Why Did I Get Married", although her spirit is alive and well in Patricia(Janet Jackson), a representational drag king. The filmmaker doesn't dress Jackson up in men's clothing, but she's a male impersonator in the sense that she wears the "pants" in her matrimonial relationship with Gavin(Malik Yoba). After Patricia calls it quits at the couples retreat(where the dialogue is so mundane, all the film needed was a digital video camera to make it blaxploitation mumblecore), the best-selling author emasculates Gavin for his claim that he has a right to half of all her publishing royalties. After all, she's the bread-winner, and since a good portion of "Why Did I Get Married Too" uses the beach as a setting, it can be said that Gavin is like the wind beneath her wings. In order to restore the natural order of things, the p****-whipped architect gets violent. Because Patricia changed the locks, Gavin re-asserts himself as the dominant sex by breaking and entering with a potted plant through the front window of his former home. For the moment, he has the upper hand, but Patricia is no shrinking violet. Still fuming over her husband's power grab at the divorce proceedings, Tyler Perry(as Terry, who is there at the scene like a kind of conduit), seemingly transfers Madea's propensity for violent outbursts over to Jackson, who demolishes the house with a golf club. In a later scene, Patricia taunts Gavin by repeatedly calling him a "little bitch"(evocative of Madea's sass), but is punished for assuming the patriarchal role(which goes against the Christian ideal that a woman "love, honor, and obey" her husband) with a sudden tragedy that is absurd in its southern fried operatic-ness. A pair of balls is unbecoming on a Perry-styled woman, so the filmmaker cuts them off by making Patricia sorry for her mannish behavior. "Why Did I Get Married Too" is not a good movie, but it's infinitely more interesting than most Hollywood romantic comedies. That's a fair assessment, right? Expand
  12. AronJ
    Apr 5, 2010
    I live in Mississippi, so it's hugely popular here. The crowd is so into the movie. I hated it personally, im tired of Perry's redundant, cliche' plots, every one of his movies are the same, this one's no different.
  13. Dec 28, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ***Spoiler Free Zone [I'll warn you when we get to the spoiler part ;-)]***
    Why Did I Watch This Movie Too? I Hated this movie!!! Total waste of money and I am talking about $5 pay per view money! It seriously made absolutely no sense at all especially the end. I searched it on Wikipedia just in case I misunderstood something! This movie left me angry and confused. Do you know how many movies ever left me angry and confused??? Just this one!!!

Typical Tyler Perry melodrama but I must applaud him on not completely following his standard formula of: drug addict + woman who was raped by her mother's boyfriend/husband + reeeaaalllly evil guy + public service announcement poorly disguised as a "conversation" = Tyler Perry Movie.

Jokes were lame. Acting was poor and the story at times did not add up or make any kind of sense.

If you do not want to know what happens here is where you cover your eyes and go to the next review ***Spoiler Alert*** What was the deal with Patricia??? It is never explained why she and Gavin are divorcing which he looked as surprised as we are, nor why she is so bent in not letting him have any of her book money. Then she causes his death (heeeyyy didn't she kill their child too in an "accident") and happily end up with the Rock after pretty much making his life and last moments miserable then cashing in on his death (which may go along with Gavin's claim of how he was the test subject in her books and therefore entitled to half). Perry I believe tries to vilify Gavin towards the end in what appears to be an attempt to justify bumping him off but it does not work because Patricia is some sort of raving lunatic that would not explain anything. I though, "ok, maybe she's some sort of a sociopath" but there is nothing that shows that that is the case unless is he trying to pull an "M. Night Shyamalan" move by adding a twist. I am starting to think that there will be a third one and that is when we will find out that she is a psychotic killer... who's on drugs... and was raped by her mother's boyfriend/husband... and we find this out while she is conversing in a way that sounds like a Public Service Announcement.
  14. NobantuA
    Apr 4, 2010
    The reality of four couples and an ex showing up for an annual get together doesn't seem likely in real African American lives. Some of the same scenarios from previous movies seem a bit repetitive. However, it is a good movie to stimulate discussion among couples regarding their own relationships' authenticity.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Married offers a positive, if melodramatically heightened, portrait of upper-middle-class African-American life, one broadly appealing enough to satisfy even the Nancy Meyers set, if only they'd give it a chance.
  2. You won’t find anything new here: the sequel is basically a retread of the original, in which Scott delivers the strongest emotional moments, while an amusingly over-the-top Smith perpetually breaks the tension.
  3. WDIGMT? serves up speeches about trust and fidelity and rolling with the punches and blah blah blah. But it does so with so little energy that the actors might as well be saying the words blah blah blah.