• Release Date: Apr 29, 2005

May 1, 2005
    Great 3 D experience.
  2. Beth
    Sep 6, 2005
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Having grown up in the South African bushveld, the memories came flooding back. It's about as close as you can get to the real thing. Some have criticized this movie because of all the footage that consists of simply driving through the bush looking for the animals. Well--that's how it really is out there! People have a warped ideas that when I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Having grown up in the South African bushveld, the memories came flooding back. It's about as close as you can get to the real thing. Some have criticized this movie because of all the footage that consists of simply driving through the bush looking for the animals. Well--that's how it really is out there! People have a warped ideas that when they go on safari, the animals will be right there -a sort of glorified zoo. No, this is much more accurate and true to life. Overall, an excellent movie...but next time, they need a narrator who can actually pronounce "Hluhluwe" correctly! Collapse
  3. tomb.
    May 1, 2005
    This is an excellent film, I took my kids to the film at the IMAX in Tempe. It was just like being there. We all enjoyed the film. The 3D was outstanding.
  4. AlexZ.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Loved it. Knowing how tough it is to shoot 3D films, it is not surprising Wild Safari 3D is the first ever 3D wildlife documentary. This is not your traditional National Geo docu. But it is a far better experience.
  5. CarolS.
    May 24, 2005
    I went to see great 3D effects and was disappointed. I have seen better 3D movies. Too bad the elephant's trunk or some of the animals didn't jump out at you. As for the content, I've seen better watching TV. After seeing this, I don't think I'll go on a safari.
  6. ConnieP.
    Jun 14, 2005
    We saw thes in New York City, what a great way to see the animalsand how they live in Africa. It really felt as though we were there.

1. For close-up views of large African animals in the wild, this IMAX spectacle is hard to beat. However, the film takes up too much of its brief running time tracking down the photogenic beasts.
  2. The cinematic safari's simple pleasures are best experienced with the littlest ticket-holders, who get an edifying thrill ride and a computer-assisted sense of a wider world.
    The 3-D effects are among the most effective ever shot.