7.8

1. Jul 30, 2014
    I REALLY don't want to spoil this movie, so here is couple of things about it.
    Great Soundtrack. Movie is not boring and pretty funny. Watch it! You won't regret it
    It's magnificent on my opinion.
  2. Aug 2, 2014
    This is the project that Zach Braff co-wrote/directed/stars in and famously raised the money on Kickstarter. When I saw it, one contributing member of the audience stayed thru the credits to see her name…alas, she was not one of the few selected from the 46K contributors. She was disappointed and so was I (for different reasons). Braff plays an unsuccessful actor, who's supported by wife Kate Hudson and trying to raise 2 kids. It has tastes of the quirky style he demonstrated in "Garden State," but it's trying too hard to find that left-field charm. Then comes his father's death, which permeates the final act with tedious drama. While it's well enough directed and the performances are fine, his ambitious but unsuccessful script drags the whole thing down. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jul 23, 2014
    Patinkin and King’s characters’ wrangling with spirituality is sincere, and specific. Everything else in this everything-and-the-kitchen-sink film feels like too many ideas stored up over an especially long winter.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Jul 18, 2014
    Everything is written to theme. Everything moves the film forward. When it comes down to the last half-hour, Braff manages a long sustained emotional crescendo packed with both laughs and tears, and it is accomplished work, carefully balanced, beautifully constructed.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Braff plays Aidan with easygoing exasperation and Hudson is better than I’ve seen her since “Almost Famous.” As a director, Braff touches on lots of Big Themes: mortality, marriage, fatherhood, the disillusion of dreams. Nothing quite comes to full boil, though.