Wolf Creek

5.9

1. Jan 22, 2013
    Terrible and short. Just another mix up with horrible twist with The Happiest Little Elf which is a great movie compared to this c*** which really is true.
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    stretch of boredom, followed by pointless nastiness. an ugly film, not what i call entertainment. was angry i paid to see this. another reviewer aptly said after watching the hobbit, 'did we need this movie?' the comment seems perfect for wolf creek...
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    Wolf Creek can not cause any feeling, fear, tension, surprise, or even entertainment, presents us with a dumb villain who presents a weak slaughter, poorly made, poorly directed, no creativity, no nothing.
  4. Sep 18, 2015
    This is NOT HORROR! This is a violent drama and that is all. A bunch of kids get lost. Bad guy find them. End of story. Seriously, that is it. The movie is very monotonous and I kept waiting for something interesting to happen, or something shocking, or even funny and it never came. This was a movie for the sake of making a movie, not a movie meant to entertain. Not good.
  5. BrianM
    Jan 2, 2006
    Awful. If you want to be disturbed just for the sake of being disturbed take a look in the toilet bowl. And this is what this movie is. Nothing revelatory about it. There are more intriguing ways to examine dark human nature than this pointless excercise.
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    The first half hour of the movie was completely irrelevant to the whole plot. The rest was just pure gore for the sake of it. Nothing really made sense...why would the bad guy let some of the victims escape so easily ? And why would they go through all the trouble of actually getting away, only to be slaughtered like cattle in the end anyway ? Redemption in this genre comes from one, andThe first half hour of the movie was completely irrelevant to the whole plot. The rest was just pure gore for the sake of it. Nothing really made sense...why would the bad guy let some of the victims escape so easily ? And why would they go through all the trouble of actually getting away, only to be slaughtered like cattle in the end anyway ? Redemption in this genre comes from one, and only one thing: reversal of roles, which means, somebody has to go after the bad guy, and get him. That never happened, and leaves you with a very empty feeling. There was just too much stuff from other movies, such as 'Wrong Turn' and 'House of Wax' in here to be really refreshing. It seems like the director just threw various plots from these and other movies on one big pile, and pushed the 'On' button on the camera. Very disappointing... Expand
  7. Jason
    Jan 1, 2006
    Worst movie ive ever seen. Period.
  8. JuanS.
    Jan 25, 2006
    i wish they'd have charged me only half price for this... seeing as nothing happens at all for the first half... i already know what people sitting, talking, walking around a bit and smoking dope looks like... i know this was meant for us to care about the characters before they got massacred, but it didn't. the rest was just sick for the sake of sick, and i'm really not i wish they'd have charged me only half price for this... seeing as nothing happens at all for the first half... i already know what people sitting, talking, walking around a bit and smoking dope looks like... i know this was meant for us to care about the characters before they got massacred, but it didn't. the rest was just sick for the sake of sick, and i'm really not sure about how stupid they made the victims look. after all, these WERE real people, and it's not too considerate to show them, for example, pushing a car/truck (can't quite remember) off a cliff instead of either trying to drive away or running the killer over. for the other stupidity moments you'll have to watch the film, but you'll see what i mean. i also didn't know that crucification was so easy to escape from... there must be thousands of dead people looking at this and thinking "why didn't I try that when the Romans got me?". the 1 point is for the pint i had before i watched the film, it was good and i enjoyed it. the pint, not film. it made me want to walk out of the cinema for only the 2nd time ever... (the first was in 'down with love'... dear god that was awful too). Expand
  9. VictoriaD
    Jan 4, 2006
    It was borrible. biggest waste of 105 minutes. I cant believe they actually have it playing in a theatre. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
  10. KatieR.
    Dec 31, 2005
    I regret going to see this movie. It was so boring, and took a long time before the action started. It's not even scary. Wolf Creek is nothing compared to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Save your money and don't go and see it.
  11. ChrisC.
    Jan 5, 2006
    Just stupid, mean-spirited, and awful. Not one single redeeming quality, and I'm a fan of the genre. Save your cash.
  12. billh.
    Jan 6, 2006
    The only part of horror in this movie is the word horrible... DO NOT RECOMMEND.
  13. Kim
    Feb 15, 2006
    This movie is horrible!! If I want to watch about nasty old men torturing and raping women I would turn on the news. Its sick! Why would someone even think of this stuff?
  14. GaborA.
    Apr 27, 2006
    Possibly the most uninspired movie of all time. Upon taking a random sample of say five year olds id say 80 percent of them can come up with a more engaging story than the one not found in Wolf Creek.
  15. Mike
    May 22, 2006
    a very very boring begining. After an hour of boredom. The movie started to get intresting for about 10 mins! and then it became very stupid!! Stay away from this movie. Boring and not scary.
  16. WayneM.
    Jun 11, 2006
    it wasnt even scary in fact it sucked and I think if this is horror I will stick to comedy.
  17. SinDee
    Sep 29, 2006
    This was the worst movie that I have ever seen. What a load of crap. "Based on a true story" you say? Pretty hard to base it on a true story when the only survivor doesn't even know what happened to the rest of his friends. If you are thinking about watching this movie...DON'T! It is far more entertaining watching rain on a rooftop for 2-hours. BY FAR THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE.
  18. JoelT.
    Jan 12, 2006
    Wow..talk about a slow...slow movie. You are bored to death and nearly asleep before you even meet the villain. Sadly, things don't get much better after that. Total snorefest.
  19. MikeA.
    Sep 28, 2006
    A truly awful movie. The previews looked great. With its delayed release, I was thrilled to pay $10 to see it on opening day. This must be one of the absolute worst movies I'd ever seen. There goes an hour and a half of my life totally wasted!
  20. Carolyn
    Dec 31, 2005
    There wasn't enough killing in the movie. The story line was too long. And we don't know what happened to the killer.
  21. JoaoS.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I think this movie drinks in "Chainsaw Texas Massacre" and "Blair Which", but without the family reunion and the "witchy effect" is hardly the creek of the title.Even the field trip stimuli it's undercover Sometimes it takes you to guess what's coming next but then it never reaches to real shock or scare. The beginning of the movie is cool, but there is simple no explanation for I think this movie drinks in "Chainsaw Texas Massacre" and "Blair Which", but without the family reunion and the "witchy effect" is hardly the creek of the title.Even the field trip stimuli it's undercover Sometimes it takes you to guess what's coming next but then it never reaches to real shock or scare. The beginning of the movie is cool, but there is simple no explanation for all the apparent evilness of the vilan. There are some good interpretations, the soft parts are pleasent but it end's like..."that's all folks!" and you realize that all the story could had been told in a 30 minutes short without loss. Sold as "Horror", "Wolf Creek" dissapoints. Expand

Every single performance is the result of a cast that has gone to the far reaches of acting ability and even exceeded them.
  2. The ambitions are so paltry that our response should be too: Wolf Creek is unimaginative, light on the grue and heavy on the faux-serious desperation.
  3. Writer-director Greg McLean, who has many shorts and commercials under his belt, makes a significant feature debut here, with unapologetic horror that doesn't compromise.