5.3

1. JohnF.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Very emotional movie. THe acting was excellent and you never know how it will end until it is over. Great movie.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    My Dad was on that plane when it hit, it was a very sad and traumatic experience for me. I remember the time when he called me right before the plane hit, his last words still comfort me today, right before he died this is what he spoke to me: ALLAHU AKBAR
  3. Kurt
    Aug 9, 2006
    This was gutwrenching to watch but truly well done and healing. I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal in particuler was amazing.
  4. AnnaK
    Oct 23, 2006
    It showed the actual feeling of the captured people inside of the twin towers. Highly Recomended.
  5. JoeG.
    Aug 10, 2006
    The film is not as good as Flight 93, but these are two totally different films. Both films focus on the heroism of that day, but Stone took a different and no less admirable route here. The film was not supposed to be about the crackpot conspiracies that many of you were probably expecting and wanting it to be. The film is ultimately about the patriotism and unity that took place during The film is not as good as Flight 93, but these are two totally different films. Both films focus on the heroism of that day, but Stone took a different and no less admirable route here. The film was not supposed to be about the crackpot conspiracies that many of you were probably expecting and wanting it to be. The film is ultimately about the patriotism and unity that took place during that time, and then quickly vanished. I honestly believe that there are many individuals that have either forgotten about 9/11 or don't even believe it happened to the extent that it did. At the showing of Trade Center that I was at, and one that my friend was at the following day, there were teenaged members in the audience laughing throughout the movie, cheering for the terrorists. To me, the major tragedy that came from 9/11 is that all of these lives that were taken have been forgotten by so many people. Expand
  6. HectorM.
    Aug 12, 2006
    This Movie Deserves a 10 out of 10. have some common scense. R.I.P. WTC
  7. ElizabethF.
    Aug 13, 2006
    Oliver Stone did a great job depicting the tragedy from the eyes of two Port Authority Police Officers on the ground as if we were there. This movie is definitely a cathartic experience that will make you cry. This movie shows the strength of America and how we pull together in times of crisis.
  8. AlexF.
    Aug 4, 2006
    WORLD TRADE CENTER is a film which dramatically needs a touch of the Oliver Stone some love and others hate. No, not some absurd "conspiracy theory" about "placed charges" or deplaning a whole plane-load of passengers at Cleveland-Hopkins, but just a few questions. Who was responsible for selling the police and firemen two separate, incompatible phone systems? Why was there officials at WORLD TRADE CENTER is a film which dramatically needs a touch of the Oliver Stone some love and others hate. No, not some absurd "conspiracy theory" about "placed charges" or deplaning a whole plane-load of passengers at Cleveland-Hopkins, but just a few questions. Who was responsible for selling the police and firemen two separate, incompatible phone systems? Why was there officials at every level but that of the first responders so slow and incompetent in their reaction to the swiftly growing tragedy? Those questions at least might have come up in the purview of the film. As it is, WORLD TRADE CENTER is a simple story of individual heroism and growing brotherhood among the first responders, the rescuers, and the families who had to wait. It is well worth anyone's time. Expand
  9. KieshaC.
    Aug 4, 2006
    great artwork and cinimatic achivement...a instant hollywood classic.
  10. Michellec.
    Aug 9, 2006
    How anyone could hate this movie is so far beyond me. This movie is an amazingly beautiful tribute to the heroics that were seen 9/11. This movie is so well done it is almost impossible to believe that it isn't five years earlier and we aren't watching this unfold again. It is hauntingly realistic. Michael Pena is at his finest as Will Jimeno.
  11. JaredB.
    Jan 26, 2007
    I absolutely loved this movie! At first, I was a little unsure of this movie, given the fact that these events are still fresh in the minds of many americans. I loved the fact that, instead of focusing on the horror America faced that day, Oliver Stone chose to focus on the courage and brotherhood shared by the two cops at the center of this movie. An excellent movie with great I absolutely loved this movie! At first, I was a little unsure of this movie, given the fact that these events are still fresh in the minds of many americans. I loved the fact that, instead of focusing on the horror America faced that day, Oliver Stone chose to focus on the courage and brotherhood shared by the two cops at the center of this movie. An excellent movie with great performances, especially by Nicholas Cage and Michael Pena. Expand
  12. MarkusG.
    Oct 10, 2006
    A deeply touching, slowly evolving must-see for everyone who ever thought of giving up hope. People who weren't touched by this film have a rock where others have a heart. Highly recommended.
  13. StuQ.
    Aug 11, 2006
    The movie tells the story. and does a great job telling it. the effects and set design is amazing.
    Aug 15, 2006
    A good film with great pacing. Keeps you interested the whole two hours. Truth is stranger than fiction and this film proves it. The whole thing is handled very tastefully through the eyes of the men who were there. Must see.
  15. MannyF.
    Aug 16, 2006
    Drew... you're an idiot. if this movie was indeed a satire while being based on one of the most tragic events in U.S. history, anyone in their right mind would be disguisted. you, however, say that it would make your top ten list.... what a moron. sometimes, it's ok to get something positive and uplifting out of something so horrible. that's how we as normal human beingsDrew... you're an idiot. if this movie was indeed a satire while being based on one of the most tragic events in U.S. history, anyone in their right mind would be disguisted. you, however, say that it would make your top ten list.... what a moron. sometimes, it's ok to get something positive and uplifting out of something so horrible. that's how we as normal human beings deal with tragedy from time to time. duh. Expand
  16. ryanjones
    Aug 22, 2006
    I
  17. BillyS.
    Aug 9, 2006
    9/11 will always be remembered as the single most frightening and horrific day in American history, but no one will remember that it was perhaps, for a brief moment, the only time in the history of civilization that the whole world came together without boundaries or borders in sympathy and support and hope and faith in the American ideal. Flight 93 dealt with the former, World Trade 9/11 will always be remembered as the single most frightening and horrific day in American history, but no one will remember that it was perhaps, for a brief moment, the only time in the history of civilization that the whole world came together without boundaries or borders in sympathy and support and hope and faith in the American ideal. Flight 93 dealt with the former, World Trade Center focuses on the latter. Oliver Stone has made a movie without an agenda, no theories or allegations, just a simple movie about two ordinary cops on a day that changed the world that reminds us of the good in all humankind. World Trade Center is the best movie yet from Mr. Stone, it's a devastatingly emotional masterwork that i'm proud to say, I cried all the way through it. Expand
  18. RhondaL.
    Aug 9, 2006
    An excellent, honest film. Too much fuss is being made that this was directed by "controversial" Oliver Stone. See the movie for what it is, and check your baggage at the door.
  19. EdL
    Sep 11, 2006
    Very hard to watch thinking back to that day. But I also think very important to see.
  20. RadioS.
    Oct 1, 2008
    This film is so absolutely stunning due to the strong bond it creates between protagonists and viewers. I have never seen a movie that is so intensive in the way it shows us some of the great heroes of our days, people that really saved lifes.
  21. Mar 11, 2013
    Stone's best movie in years and Nicholas Cage best role. By keeping the perspective on that of the first responders, the film provide an heartbreaking story of courage. Yes, this is the story of two very lucky men but they were as brave as any who died and by learning their story we get a little glimpse of the sacrifice so many made that day.

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    World Trade Center celebrates the ties that bind us, the bonds that keep us going, the goodness that stands as a rebuke to the horror of that day. Perhaps, in the future, the times will call for more challenging, or polemical, or subversive visions. Right now, it feels like the 9/11 movie we need.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    World Trade Center yields lovely and touching moments but proves a slow-going, arduous movie experience.
  3. This is a film of terrific selectivity. By focusing on two of the few who did survive the collapse, the film achieves emotional power and an uplifting ending.