6.8

1. Jul 24, 2014
    BRAD PITT COLLECTS ANOTHER PAYCHECK ....and audiences continue to get dumbed down into paying for lazy trash like wwz

don't expect to be horrified, expect to be bored and annoyed
  2. May 9, 2014
    One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I was literally yawning while watching a plain crash from inside the plane. Total snooze fest. The whole time I wasn't invested with bland characters and absurd plotlines. At least the disaster movie 2012 knew it was being absurd, but this movie seems to take it's absurd unpolished ideas seriously.

I owe this movie this, it inspired me to

I owe this movie this, it inspired me to read the book, and the book really is a superb reflections of the times we live in. It's such a shame they took the idea and skewered it so bad.
  3. Mar 1, 2014
    I think the Z stands for Zzz. A banal, wishy-washy showcase of faceless people running away from faceless zombies. World War Zzzz quacks and farts around like a gutted 28 Days Later for the stupid, but what's really weird is that it shows little to no real gore, the result is an bloodless chase by rasping extras in bad make-up.
  4. Jan 21, 2014
    How best to describe this movie? Umm... Well have you ever sat through a 2-hour film and at the end just uttered the sound Blah? Well this is that movie. World War Z is full of uninspiring characters, a woeful script and a narrative without any meaningful content. Yes the ridiculous turbo charged zombies with cat like reflexes do capture your attention, if that’s what you think a zombieHow best to describe this movie? Umm... Well have you ever sat through a 2-hour film and at the end just uttered the sound Blah? Well this is that movie. World War Z is full of uninspiring characters, a woeful script and a narrative without any meaningful content. Yes the ridiculous turbo charged zombies with cat like reflexes do capture your attention, if that’s what you think a zombie should look like. The truth however is this, World War Z doesn't spend enough time making you believe, evoking emotion between characters and developing the story in an intellectual manner. Each scene feels like its made out of toilet paper and then stuck to the next with super glue, you may think I'm being harsh but this is a movie with an enormous budget based on a fantastic book. Its certainly action over content my friends.

On a positive note Brad Pitt does have some gravitas and the solution to conquering the Undead is pretty cool, but that said it's still a very disappointing outcome to what should have been a great movie.
  5. Dec 10, 2013
    While I am a fan of both Brad Pitt and zombies, I was pretty disappointed. It had action and the CGI was pretty good, but apart from that, everything else was just another interpretation of an overused theme: zombie survival/a zombie apocalypse. The movie felt rushed; but with all the trouble World War Z had during production I'm surprised it wasn't a complete disaster If you're a zombieWhile I am a fan of both Brad Pitt and zombies, I was pretty disappointed. It had action and the CGI was pretty good, but apart from that, everything else was just another interpretation of an overused theme: zombie survival/a zombie apocalypse. The movie felt rushed; but with all the trouble World War Z had during production I'm surprised it wasn't a complete disaster If you're a zombie gore fan than you'll be disappointed since the violence was toned down. (Though I appreciated the lack of bloody gore, since I'm honestly not a huge fan of it. However, you could get the Unrated version if you want to see blood and gore.) If you're also a fan of the book, please note: The movies nothing like the book. The only things the book and movie have in common are the title. Nothing else. It's like I Am Legend, just with more people and zombies. I did not like the script, and I think there should've been more depth to the story and characters. The movie was kinda anticlimactic. You should watch The Walking Dead instead.

If you liked this review, read my other work by clicking on my name and mark this as helpful. I review movies, TV shows, and videogames.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under t
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    While I am a fan of both Brad Pitt and zombies, I was pretty disappointed. It had action and the CGI was pretty good, but apart from that, everything else was just another interpretation of an overused theme: zombie survival/a zombie apocalypse. The movie had a lot of plot holes; felt rushed; and was somewhat predictable. If you're a zombie gore fan than you'll be disappointed since theWhile I am a fan of both Brad Pitt and zombies, I was pretty disappointed. It had action and the CGI was pretty good, but apart from that, everything else was just another interpretation of an overused theme: zombie survival/a zombie apocalypse. The movie had a lot of plot holes; felt rushed; and was somewhat predictable. If you're a zombie gore fan than you'll be disappointed since the violence was toned down. (Though I appreciated the lack of bloody gore, since I'm honestly not a huge fan of it.) If you're also a fan of the book, please note: The movies nothing like the book. The only things the book and movie have in common are the title. Nothing else. It's like I Am Legend, just with more people and zombies. I did not like the script, and I think there should've been more depth to the story and characters. The movie was kinda anticlimactic. You should watch The Walking Dead instead.

7. Oct 27, 2013
    Why does this movie have a PG-13 rating is this Hollywood's answer to making more money?
    I really liked 28 weeks later best zombie movie ever, alright plot great suspense great gore.
    This is not that movie, this is boring actors, dumb story and eventual who cares. Why do we need PG-13 zombie movies? I would not take my thirteen year old to this movie unless it was having sleeping
    Why do we need PG-13 zombie movies? I would not take my thirteen year old to this movie unless it was having sleeping difficulties.
    If you like zombie movies this probably isn't for you.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    I'll start by saying as an adaptation it is a failure. That said not comparing this to the book and looking at it as it's own movie with nothing else, I have to say this movie is boring and on more than one occasion I was actively hoping Brad Pitt would die and we could follow some other more interesting character that is around him.

The story follows a complete Mary Sue or Gary Stu

The story follows a complete Mary Sue or Gary Stu who is incapable of failing at literally anything he does. Even in his failures he succeeds! He robs a pharmacy and find the exact looter who is not only willing to help him but then encourages him while complete chaos break out around him and did I mention he gets the exact last bit of medicine that he need? After being led on to believe it is all out the looter shows up to ask him what he is looking for and give it to him and wish him luck. Oh but it was just humanity helping each other out. It would be if it happened again or maybe if while he wasn't looking for it his wife wasn't about to get raped. He and his children survive a car crash, not just a fender bender but a full of T-bone collision while his asthmatic daughter isn't buckled up and the only problem she has is that she is hyperventilating but she is still capable of running since at that exact moment they are swarmed by "zombies". We are introduced to much more interesting characters all through the movie only to watch them die or just leave. Brad Pitt tells people he need to get back to his family, only to have a random no named soldier try to reprimand him by questioning why he thinks he is so special since they all have families that want to get back to and he never gives a reason why he is so important. In fact his character has no importance there is nothing that makes him so special. They say he was a reporter at one time and that he was good but he does nothing that no one else can't do. Everything about this movie is boring or bad. I'm a fan of the original book but I knew going into this it had nothing to do with it in anyway other than title and I still came out disappointed and upset that it cost me after matinee.
  9. Sep 27, 2013
    I sat down to watch this movie with no expectations whatsoever, but it was hard to ignore the fact that this is not a zombie movie at all, because, you know there are some indications in the title that led me to believe that this in fact will be a zombie movie, so I'll stick with that from now on.
    I did not red the book, I merely saw this sorry excuse for a zombie apocalypse movie a genre that I love and cherish as it is. I grew up on George A. Romero's zombie movies, the ones with sluggish undead people craving for human "braaainz!". I realize of course that that type of monsters are too slow for our modern movie munching society but consider this, if the British were managed to make a fast paced zombie movie with great action scenes and compelling story from a marginally smaller budget (28 Days Later), then why could not the Americans achieve the same?
    The protagonist the average male figure who is just looking out for his loved ones is common enough in these movies (and video games of the genre), but this movie failed to utilize him the way it meant to be. We got Brad Pitt loosened on a wild goose chase across continents and countries achieving virtually nothing, and without skills relying on sheer luck to survive and magically save the whole world at the end.
    The story was not engaging and the climax came too late to stimulate my attention, although it would have been great for a family drama, but clearly not for a thriller/horror show.
    My verdict is that this movie is a one time popcorn movie which did not deserve the £13 fee I had to spend on it.
  10. Sep 8, 2013
    Movies will almost always fall short of the books they are based on, this is no exception. I did not read the book since i am not a fan of the genre but i can clearly see why this falls short of its book counterpart. The story is unoriginal, story telling is like jumpcuts that fail to immerse the viewer into itself. I had the idea that film was made to milk the genre that bulls..t seriesMovies will almost always fall short of the books they are based on, this is no exception. I did not read the book since i am not a fan of the genre but i can clearly see why this falls short of its book counterpart. The story is unoriginal, story telling is like jumpcuts that fail to immerse the viewer into itself. I had the idea that film was made to milk the genre that bulls..t series called walking dead (first season was the only good part) and it is a great excuse for cgi and expensive action scenes.

tl&dr: This film is made for stupid people that like pew pew, eye candy and badly portrayed cliche relationships with an unoriginal storyline.
  11. Sep 6, 2013
    Dont understand what the fuss is about this movie. its more of an extended episode of Walking Dead. Everybody in this movie is stupid with the exception of Pitt which I find annoying! This is a Zombie flick for women plain and simple! When i watched the movie at the local cinema girls where wearing minis and hot pants and there was an unusually large number gay men in the movie house! OkDont understand what the fuss is about this movie. its more of an extended episode of Walking Dead. Everybody in this movie is stupid with the exception of Pitt which I find annoying! This is a Zombie flick for women plain and simple! When i watched the movie at the local cinema girls where wearing minis and hot pants and there was an unusually large number gay men in the movie house! Ok its a chick flick, starring Pitt! grrrrrr Expand
  12. Aug 19, 2013
    This movie has the problem of poor planning. The action and the zombies are great, don't get me wrong there, but in terms of plot its clear to see the writers, director, and editors were all infected. The movie jumps from plot point to plot point without real cohesion or significance. As each point is presented we are left wanting more, we are left to assume that it will have greaterThis movie has the problem of poor planning. The action and the zombies are great, don't get me wrong there, but in terms of plot its clear to see the writers, director, and editors were all infected. The movie jumps from plot point to plot point without real cohesion or significance. As each point is presented we are left wanting more, we are left to assume that it will have greater significance in the end. But by the end every fertile plot is hollow and sour, every point made left undeveloped and thus left to waste our time.
    This lack of plot development, this lack of depth, carries over with the characters. Every character is a cardboard cutout, they say their line and they vanish with no attachment to the audience. Even the driving force, the family, is abandoned by the film makers not even a quarter of the way through the film. The same goes for every other character as well. Each one is introduced, spotlighted, and then tossed away without having any kind of impact.
    In short, the movie is a jumble of undeveloped ideas and weak characters. Zombies were scary.
  13. Aug 8, 2013
    This film has the honor of being one of the worst movies that I remember ever seeing. It´s like a throwback to a 50´s horror B-movie. It often is more funny than horrific. It has no pretensions of philosophical nor ecological undertones. It is just zombies being nasty zombies biting people and getting hacked off. I am very surprised that Brad Piitt would accept to participate in suchThis film has the honor of being one of the worst movies that I remember ever seeing. It´s like a throwback to a 50´s horror B-movie. It often is more funny than horrific. It has no pretensions of philosophical nor ecological undertones. It is just zombies being nasty zombies biting people and getting hacked off. I am very surprised that Brad Piitt would accept to participate in such a production disaster. I am giving it 1 point for special effects in mass zombie attack scenes. But terrible makeup. Expand
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    Pitt and Enos are very satisfying leads, The acting overall is rather solid and I have no complaints. While the film may look impressive, It's really just...nothing. The plot is ok but I'd have liked to see more depth to it, A little more story you know instead of just the straight forward story that it is. The biggest problem with World War Z is that it tries so hard not to be anotherPitt and Enos are very satisfying leads, The acting overall is rather solid and I have no complaints. While the film may look impressive, It's really just...nothing. The plot is ok but I'd have liked to see more depth to it, A little more story you know instead of just the straight forward story that it is. The biggest problem with World War Z is that it tries so hard not to be another zombie movie but it ends up being just that. There is nothing that really separates it from any other zombie film I have seen and that was the real killer in my opinion. Expand
  15. Aug 2, 2013
    Kind a thrilling and exciting but the thing that makes this movie so unrealistic are the zombies.The zombies merge together so they can reach the wall and one thing the zombies are aggressive because of the sounds.Lastly I thought Brad Pitt will go to Russia.
  16. Jul 31, 2013
    Absolutely nothing like the book. and I mean nothing. Did I mention it is an entirely different franchise? It's like they suckered in people by buying rights to the name. It is garbage what they did to the story. Skip this in theaters, go read the book instead.
  17. Jul 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After taking time and reflecting on this Film I still cant give this Movie any higher than a 4

Not having read the book and just watching this Film on a whim the only takeaways I got from this movie were;

Pandering to a larger movie audience by dropping the Rating from R to PG 13 kills the fact that this is a "zombie" film, 13 does not a better movie experience make.

Having our Lord and Savior Brad Pitt go all across the globe to search for a cure is mind numbing, the perfect background for a character, the perfect training from picking up details such as timing infection time during a huge panic to being able to sever a hand and dress the wounds keeping infection at bay, and finally single-handedly saving the world from complete destruction.

Lets not forget this is the perfect movie for him because lets face it there are no other characters here to get in the way of what is Brad Pitt's radiant aura. (lets not mention his forgettable kids one with asthma that plays a minor inconvenience role and the other with a bear that allows Brad to count time, Paco the Olympian outrunning his zombified parents, his complacent lamb of a wife, and colonel Mutumbo who's 32 million dollars are yours if you can cash his check in your bank account)

Finally when you are in a zombacalypse and you just found the cure to save the world have a moment to yourself and grab a nice refreshing pepsi because we all need a little product placement in our lives.
  18. Jul 17, 2013
    Terrible...... This is a Resident Evil wannabe on Steroids with very little plot and makes absolutely no sense. At least Resident Evil had suspense and a story line. This was predictable, ridiculous and at times, pretty funny. A solid C
  19. Jul 16, 2013
    This movie was probably one of the worst zombie/post-apocalyptic films I have ever seen, especially for a movie in this time period. It was cheesy, unoriginal, and on top of all it was a major waste of time and money.
  20. Jul 15, 2013
    Absolute balls, although spot on if you were to add zz to the title. Brad 'the' Pitts once more shows us his Jesus hairdo, especially in a ridiculous halo lit scene that proves he's not the second coming, 'just a very naughty boy'. Oh, and any film that doesn't properly utilize Peter Capaldi and his prolific use of the word c**t when it's more than apt, should be put to sleep, preferablyAbsolute balls, although spot on if you were to add zz to the title. Brad 'the' Pitts once more shows us his Jesus hairdo, especially in a ridiculous halo lit scene that proves he's not the second coming, 'just a very naughty boy'. Oh, and any film that doesn't properly utilize Peter Capaldi and his prolific use of the word c**t when it's more than apt, should be put to sleep, preferably not to come back from the dead for a sequel. Expand
  21. Jul 13, 2013
    HORRIBLE! I am a Sci-Fi lover and couldn't wait for this to come out. However, the story is so stupid it reminds me of the my other pick for Worst Ever Sci-Fi, "The Day After Tomorrow". From Brad's idiotic expressions and shallow sentiments ("No, Government Guy, I just CAN'T bring myself to help save the world because I need to be here to tuck my kids into bed at night when they areHORRIBLE! I am a Sci-Fi lover and couldn't wait for this to come out. However, the story is so stupid it reminds me of the my other pick for Worst Ever Sci-Fi, "The Day After Tomorrow". From Brad's idiotic expressions and shallow sentiments ("No, Government Guy, I just CAN'T bring myself to help save the world because I need to be here to tuck my kids into bed at night when they are safe on this big military ship") to the absurd ridiculousness of many of the plot points (like are they REALLY going to waste a military helicopter in an extreme EMERGENCY to remove his family from the ship just because he went MIA? Did they really eat that much food? WTF!). This movie was an EPIC failure. Nothing wrong with the action scenes, but if you like your mind engaged while you watch a movie, you will be sorely disappointed. Expand
  22. Jul 12, 2013
    If you enjoy zombie movies or read the book do not go see this movie. There are no zombies in the movie just a bunch of things that run 4 times faster than a humans, so I guess it's a superhero movie with brad pitt as the star.

If you like zombies, read the book, its amazing. This film is an insult to it and writing in general. There were so many straight up stupid moments I almost left the movie. The whole reason zombie movies are scary is because there is this huge hoard of unfeeling creatures which will never stop coming after you, just like Jason or Freddy or plenty of others they don't need to hurry...because they always catch you. Unlike a human they never tire out, that's creepy. So why make them run at ludicrous speed?!

Uber-stupid writing moments from the movie:

Example 1: You are a highly trained group of soldiers, a plane needs refueling, and there are creatures running around that are attracted to sound. Do you: Go out in the night when its raining and completely dark or hmmm wait a few hours for some sunlight...

Example 2: Singing on loudspeakers causes zombies to get smarter, adapt and climb a 100 ft wall....

Example 3: We are safe on an airplane and after a very long flight the zombie (who normally runs at ludicrous speed) decided to come out of hiding as the plane makes its final descent! OMG ...(I'm picturing the zombie sitting on some luggage drinking a fruit juice as we waits for his perfect moment....)

Dramatic moments don't have to be stupid and not follow logic. The book is full of creepy moments and it all feels real. THE BOOK ALL FEELS REAL and that is truly scary to convince you of what the a world war against zombies would really look like. You arent questioning it, but just immersed which is quite an achievement, which this movie missed altogether.

This movie is a brad pitt film. The book was not about a hero it was about surviving. Brad Pitt does his normal character and he is the hero, the story is random stuff to send him jetsetting across the world so he can save it. Oh brad...the world does not revolve around you buddy. He should not be producing. He had the perfect script and ignored every bit of it to create an insulting film made merely to take your money.
  23. Jul 11, 2013
    BORING !!!

BORING !!!

......NO SCRIPT......annoying characters out of aTommy Hilfiger ad.......and enough already with the hyper caffeinated zombies who can merge into "wooshes of energy" and CLIMB WALLS .......that hurt !.....come on guys- I`m not THAT stupid !.............I only wish that whoever wrote the half-baked script for this turkey had had a fraction of the energy and ability to focus as those zombies !.....and finally to all the people who gave this film 9s and 10s and found it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I say "Please get A Life
  24. Jul 9, 2013
    "World War Z" is a perfect example of how to turn a very good book into a total nonsense, spending in the process a few hundred million dollars.

The score of 1 is just for the reference to the book. Otherwise it should be ZERO. Or less.
  25. Jul 8, 2013
    There were so many eye rolling moments that the movie became ridiculous. In the theater I was in people were laughing at the teeth chattering zombies. This was not a scary film at all, but how can you possibly be scared when the camera is moving so erratically that you can't see anything that is happening? The trendy "constantly moving camera" that is so in favor with directors theseThere were so many eye rolling moments that the movie became ridiculous. In the theater I was in people were laughing at the teeth chattering zombies. This was not a scary film at all, but how can you possibly be scared when the camera is moving so erratically that you can't see anything that is happening? The trendy "constantly moving camera" that is so in favor with directors these days must end! I shouldn't have to take a motion sick pill to watch a movie, and it is simply a trick that Hollywood uses so they don't have to properly choreograph scenes. The Brad Pitt character is obviously a super genius. He figures out how to stop the zombies with only one or two VERY minor clues. This is not the worst film I've seen this year, but I was sorry I wasted my money on it. Expand
  26. Jul 6, 2013
    This is going to be a short review. I make it no secret that I hate zombies. Not the zombies themselves, but how they are shown in different medias. Why? Because the all feel the same if you have seen one zombie movie you've seen them all. You know what? World War Z is no different. It's your standard zombie movie that we already have too much of. This movie is based off of the 2006 bookThis is going to be a short review. I make it no secret that I hate zombies. Not the zombies themselves, but how they are shown in different medias. Why? Because the all feel the same if you have seen one zombie movie you've seen them all. You know what? World War Z is no different. It's your standard zombie movie that we already have too much of. This movie is based off of the 2006 book of the same name. I haven't read the book because, well, I can't care. Not that it matters seeing as this movie has nothing to do with the book it is based on. But whatever. I would talk about the story, but again standard zombie flick. What I will say is plot holes a plenty. The biggest problem I have is how pointless all of the characters really are. They are nothing but a bunch of read shirts whose only purpose is to appear give out exposition and die. Even characters who seem important will die quickly and be forgotten even quicker. The only character who survive the zombies beside Pitt and his family is an Israeli soldier whose name you won't remember so you will just call her Israeli soldier. The only thing quicker than the red shirts' deaths is the poor pacing of the movie. the character will spend only seconds in a scene before it ends. There are important scenes where you think something will happen or be explained, but instead it is over within seconds. I find this really lazy as it takes up the films entire running time almost two hours, leaving an unsatisfied feeling from the watcher. Also there is a lot of things that just happen to happen, like when Pitt gets to Israel and the zombies get through the wall. Why? Because the peoples chanting, because as we know Israel is known for how quiet it is. The actors bring nothing to the table. Alonso Duralde of The Wrap put it best when he said, "For all its effectiveness at portraying the horror of possible human extinction, the film's actual humans are so soulless that this could just as well be the movie version of the video game Plants vs. Zombies." If you see the actions of the zombies you will find it just as funny. Finally the ending, I will say I am one of those who was surprised and impressed with how they defeated the zombies as it made total sense. However, Brad states, that despite this, that it isn't over yet. Which makes no sense as literally the next scene has some guys setting a mountain of zombies on fire. All Paramount is trying to do is give a reason to make a sequel. No. Really. They have confirmed that World War Z will be a trilogy. I look forward to nothing changing in the future. As for this movie, it has to be a 3/10. This was a lazy movie even by zombie standards and to think that a movie like this warrants a sequel just increases my annoyance with the capitalism in the movie. Disagree comment below. Expand
  27. Jul 6, 2013
    My very first review. This is not a horror movie no blood no gore, it has tons of cheesey lines
    This is very disappointing for a zombie genre. Myself i have never read the book but what i have heard it's not the same as the book. You also get to barely know the characters there just some family. The story is very unintresing. Some effects can be good at times but that's all to it.
  28. Jul 6, 2013
    Unbelievable. This summer the most-anticipated movies turn out to be mere shells of entertainment. After an infantile Iron Man 3, a superficial Superman, we are not treated to the dumbest movie of them all. At least I hope so. Because for some reason enough critics and customers seem to enjoy this picture. So the studios might be tempted to create more of this lowest-common-denominatorUnbelievable. This summer the most-anticipated movies turn out to be mere shells of entertainment. After an infantile Iron Man 3, a superficial Superman, we are not treated to the dumbest movie of them all. At least I hope so. Because for some reason enough critics and customers seem to enjoy this picture. So the studios might be tempted to create more of this lowest-common-denominator stuff.

Brad Pit does his thing, the fx are decent enough. but the story is an insult for any adult thanks to a plethora of plot holes and obvious inconsistencies. The purpose of the story seems limited to being a vehicle for all-American family values. There is not even enough content to appreciate the picture as a fun and relaxing joke.

Read the book or watch a decent movie like 'Oblivion', or even a superb one like 'Shaun of the Dead'.
  29. Jul 6, 2013
    Ok so this was mildly entertaining.
    The first act was by far the best section of the movie...very tense, fast paced action and great presentation.
    Ok so this was mildly entertaining.
    From this point on the movie went downhill on a grand scale. I mean, the Israel sequence was bordering on insanity...what the hell was going on there? It seemed as soon as Pitt showed up all hell broke loose wherever he went. Better for him to have just stayed at home.
    The 3rd act just drove home how poor this film was and perhaps how great it could have been.
    The lab sequence relegated this in to Hollywood tosh with the generic hero saves the day nonsense. Tired formula...
    If the film had followed the book more closely (Yonkers could have been epic) and not have been a vehicle for brad pitt to once again show us how he cant act, we would have ended up with a film that wasn't just a bunch of chase sequences mashed together with a ridiculous plot line.
  30. Jul 6, 2013
    Boring. Really just epically boring. Once you've wrapped your head around that, you've the additional problem with the fact that whoever called the shots on this film didn't once bother to listen to their military advisors. I was gonna give this movie the benefit of the doubt, until I watched a C-whateverthatwas launch off an aircraft carrier (or was it a helicopter carrier?)... that'sBoring. Really just epically boring. Once you've wrapped your head around that, you've the additional problem with the fact that whoever called the shots on this film didn't once bother to listen to their military advisors. I was gonna give this movie the benefit of the doubt, until I watched a C-whateverthatwas launch off an aircraft carrier (or was it a helicopter carrier?)... that's when I kew, this movie was gonna suck.

Wherever Brad Pitt goes (Camp Humpheys, S.Korea; Tel Aviv, Israel; Cardiff, Wales), whatever was working for the survivors up that point just suddenly fails, and the zombie onslaught ensues. No one in the movie really matters, and so you don't care about any of them either, which is fine, since there's like an 80% chance they'll be dead in the next 5~10 minutes.

What was the point of this movie anyway? I mean, it's not really a zombie movie, or at least not a very convincing one. It's not really a disaster movie either. It's not a moving drama, on any level, despite the annihilation of human civilization, which, if you remember, we don't care about anyway! It's not even a good action movie. It is however a disaster OF a movie.

The pacing is awful, since it's in a big damn rush to get somewhere, and ignores anything that's interesting along the way, to arrive at, well, what feels an awful lot like a sneaking around video game (think MGS, or Splinter cell, only stupid, boring, and not really that tense). The solution, once finally arrived at, is haltingly stupid. War of the planets stupid. "Oh, it was all just a dream" kind of stupid.

And then, right when we've done all the heavy lifting, suspended all disbelief, given the last of the benefit of the doubt we can afford, right when our ultra-megaviolence should kick in, we get a montage ending that looks suspiciously like a middle finger. Not a proper middle finger either. A metaphorical one.

And rumor has it they wanna make another one of these.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jun 29, 2013
    World War Z is the most gratifying action spectacle in years, and one reason for its success if the Pitt doesn't play a superhero. [1 July 2013, p.76]
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Director Marc Forster is very good at amping up the terror, but after a while, we reach zombie overload and we might as well be watching an infestation of Transformers.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jun 21, 2013
    Given how efficiently World War Z has delivered jolts and screams over the course of its sleek 116-minute running time, it’s easy to forgive this rushed and slightly muted finale.