6.8

1. Dec 5, 2014
    This is the only Zombie movie/show that makes you believe a zombie apocalypse could actually spread. Most zombies move slow and it takes hours or days for the bitten to turn but these zombies are fast and it takes 10 seconds to turn this makes you think the scenario is possible, slow zombies could never spread and would easily be contained. Forget the book, it was good and the movie isThis is the only Zombie movie/show that makes you believe a zombie apocalypse could actually spread. Most zombies move slow and it takes hours or days for the bitten to turn but these zombies are fast and it takes 10 seconds to turn this makes you think the scenario is possible, slow zombies could never spread and would easily be contained. Forget the book, it was good and the movie is good but the only thing in common is the tittle. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    Summary: World War Z is thrilling, scary and fast-paced. 82/100 [B+]

Summary: World War Z is thrilling, scary and fast-paced. 82/100 [B+]

Who hadn't fun watching this? Seriously, the first minutes of the film are so damn good, everything happens so fast. I saw it at 2am and believe me, it was an experience. World War Z is an exciting movie filled with intense sequences of violence, horror and fun. I'm not a huge fan of the zombie sub-genre and I haven't read the book. However this one was very surprising to me, I felt engaged with the main character and I cared about his family.

Yeah it has a few flaws but it delivers lots of astonishing moments, memorable action sequences and great performances. Brad Pitt performs Gerry Lane's character and he does a pretty good job during the whole film. His character is believable and well... he's actually the smartest character in the movie. In addition, shout out here to Daniella Kertesz, she performed "Segen" a very important character in the film. She and Brad Pitt are awesome here.

WWZ relies on human perspective and how we would react if something like this happens. Moving on, its final act is scary and makes you feel claustrophobic. Even though the ending does not explain some important issues about the plot, the whole film was pretty solid and never dull. I recommend you to see it on a huge screen with a loud sound system. So, overall, it is a good flick. World War Z is a tense thriller, decently directed and terrifying at times. [B+]
  3. Nov 13, 2014
    "World War Z" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Good: When the infected start attacking as a mass of humanity, it is very well done and creepy. While it diverges from the book quite a bit, I like the direction. A well written idea and a solid performance from Brad Pitt. The Bad: When the infected aren't attacking en mass, they aren't scary or creepy at all. In fact, they are
    "World War Z" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Bad: When the infected aren't attacking en mass, they aren't scary or creepy at all. In fact, they are silly and humorous, causing most of the crowd to burst out in laughter when they appeared on the screen ... which isn't what they were shooting for. While I enjoyed the final scenes in the end, I disliked some of the events that led up to it. I can suspend belief to an extent, but I can only watch the lead actor survive so many impossible situations and have so many things go his way.
  4. Nov 9, 2014
    World War Z aces as a thrilling action flick with good acting and great action sequences, however, it isn't scary for a horror-action fil and emotion lacks its necessary limelight.
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    I won't lie, I was hesitant to see Brad Pitt in a zombie movie, but I will be the first to admit he played his part good. This movie was really good and had a ton of action and at times it left you on the edge of your seat. It also has some very sad parts which I won't spoil for you, but it is a bit heart wrenching. You have to see this movie if you like zombie movies, if not then itI won't lie, I was hesitant to see Brad Pitt in a zombie movie, but I will be the first to admit he played his part good. This movie was really good and had a ton of action and at times it left you on the edge of your seat. It also has some very sad parts which I won't spoil for you, but it is a bit heart wrenching. You have to see this movie if you like zombie movies, if not then it probably wouldn't appeal to every person, more so just the zombie lovers. Expand
  6. Sep 26, 2014
    This is a great thriller, filled with impressive visual effects and intense suspense. The set design of this film felt grandeur and spectacular, which I felt was great but it inhibited some much needed emotional human moments. Something this film had plenty of were jump scares, which can only be seen as effective in a zombie movie. I did like the realistic tone that was present throughout,This is a great thriller, filled with impressive visual effects and intense suspense. The set design of this film felt grandeur and spectacular, which I felt was great but it inhibited some much needed emotional human moments. Something this film had plenty of were jump scares, which can only be seen as effective in a zombie movie. I did like the realistic tone that was present throughout, making me believe that a zombie outbreak could really happen. Unlike I Am Legend, I thought the way World War Z solved this global catastrophe was believable and eye-opening. Of course the star of World War Z is Brad Pitt, and he does a great job in my opinion portraying the character. My real problem is with the actual character itself. It seems as if this guy is invincible and can overcome any obstacle that comes in his way. I didn't read the book so I'm not sure if that's how the character is written, but it did draw me out of the movie at times. The ending felt very rushed which did affect my grade of the movie; however this is a solid film with more style than substance. Expand
  7. Sep 1, 2014
    After much delay, its an impressive surprise--and as a Walking Dead fan, a surprise which left me in awe and more in love with WWZ. Brad Pitt is as good as ever and we love his take on Zombie-culture.
  8. Aug 31, 2014
    "Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has. That's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature." - Jurgen Warmbrunn

Ok, so this is my opinion.Zombies in movies...only in this movie and "The Walking Dead" is masterpiece..
  9. Aug 30, 2014
    Went to see this movie with my mom, and we both loved it. I mean, the film diverges from the book but who cares? I don't read too much but what matters is if the movie is good, right? And it was! It really was!! It's throughouly entertaining from beggining to end. Brad Pitt is pretty f*cking cool, the action sequences are awesome (despite some shaky cameras) and the pacing in this movie isWent to see this movie with my mom, and we both loved it. I mean, the film diverges from the book but who cares? I don't read too much but what matters is if the movie is good, right? And it was! It really was!! It's throughouly entertaining from beggining to end. Brad Pitt is pretty f*cking cool, the action sequences are awesome (despite some shaky cameras) and the pacing in this movie is pretty good as well. Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2014
    I had the misfortune of reading a couple lines from a review before entering the cinema, which spoiled a few scenes for me (scenes which may have been otherwise surprising, but could not be seen coming a mile away). Also, I entered thinking that this movie wouldn't be that good, which seems like a good strategy: I enjoyed War World Z.

In the aftermath, the story seems like a highly

In the aftermath, the story seems like a highly condensed view into a world overrun by a virus that resembles zombies, but doesn't quite get there. Also, it seems like we get a very narrow view with glimpses of something greater and vaster on the outside, and the overall story-building might have benefited from expanding the experience. Now, the emotional baggage seemed elusive and the audience has a harder time actually feeling the emotional layers that are supposed to be there.

The action, actor performances and CGI were nothing out of the ordinary. All in all, the movie was nothing out of the ordinary. The low rating kept the action rather tame, with a lot of off-screen violence, and save for a few jumpy moments, there was nothing scary about the movie, although there were nice seconds of suspense here and there.
  11. Aug 13, 2014
    The action begins really soon in the movie,and there is action non-stop.The zombies are really fast and they are more intelligent than the others.The only bad point is the blood,there is no blood in the movie.In a zombie movie we are expecting to see blood but in this one there is none.
  12. Aug 11, 2014
    Just a real big movie. I don't know the numbers. But this probably cost them too much. The story is not classic. It's great. The scenes are really amazing. I've never seen something similar. How did they do this? It seems real, not like the usual cut scenes and other tricks. I liked this movie, and I really wanted it to be much longer
  13. Jul 27, 2014
    The story is very well-paced. The plot can constantly keep me interested. Acting is good. A lot of intense moment and action. Special effect / CG is also excellent. Quite a lot of unrealistic scene that don't really make sense though. I also think that the movie ends too suddenly. If you a fan of the book you can straight up give this movie a zero but if you are new to World War Z andThe story is very well-paced. The plot can constantly keep me interested. Acting is good. A lot of intense moment and action. Special effect / CG is also excellent. Quite a lot of unrealistic scene that don't really make sense though. I also think that the movie ends too suddenly. If you a fan of the book you can straight up give this movie a zero but if you are new to World War Z and simply want to watch an action-packed movie, this is the movie for you. BUT you are warned, if you are seeking for a horror movie, don't watch this. This is an exciting movie only. Expand
  14. Jul 24, 2014
    BRAD PITT COLLECTS ANOTHER PAYCHECK ....and audiences continue to get dumbed down into paying for lazy trash like wwz

don't expect to be horrified, expect to be bored and annoyed
  15. Jul 14, 2014
    This movie was not surprising, and neither too creative nor groundbreaking. You shouldn't be shocked by this movie, but you’re the zombie lover then you should leave content. Brad Pitt was not brilliant with the role he was given but his attempt was decent. World War Z strays away from the novel it once became and left as a just another movie.
  16. Jun 25, 2014
    When you read this complete review, you'll be very surprised that I still gave World War Z (WWZ) this rating. That's because WWZ has one very big problem, which I will talk about. It's amazing though, that outside of that one problem, everything in WWZ is good enough for it to get a 9 out of 10. WWZ is very different from other zombie flicks. It's not filled with gore, and it's not likeWhen you read this complete review, you'll be very surprised that I still gave World War Z (WWZ) this rating. That's because WWZ has one very big problem, which I will talk about. It's amazing though, that outside of that one problem, everything in WWZ is good enough for it to get a 9 out of 10. WWZ is very different from other zombie flicks. It's not filled with gore, and it's not like The Walking Dead where they try to survive in a post-apocalypse world. It basically is, well, a world war with zombies. In terms of acting, WWZ's only shining star is Brad Pitt. Everybody else is basic. WWZ mixes up genres, too. It is a thriller, horror, and action movie. However, if you are a true die hard horror fan, you might be disappointed (wasn't a problem for me). WWZ's action is hard to describe. It is definitely intense and has good fear building, but it's not the kind of violence you'd expect. I loved the zombie action, but it's not exactly what Transformers fans would want. That's okay. It's beautifully shot, too. Some of the best parts come from when thousands to millions of zombies are piling up on each other to wreck havoc. I loved every single part of WWZ except....THE STORY AND ENDING. It starts off fairly good. As it progresses though, it just becomes so jumbled and convoluted. The plot can get dumb at times, too. It was a big problem as it went on. The conclusion leaves so much to be desired and it's one of those types that just screams "SEQUEL!". I hate those kind of endings. Besides the story and ending, WWZ is constantly entertaining. Expand
  17. Jun 17, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I have not read the comics.
    Review: Disjointed film with isolated incidents. Same old zombies stuff. The film was only saved by its last act. Not worth watching.
  18. May 25, 2014
    World War Z is a entertaining movie but the fact that is shares the same name as the best-seller book is an insult. This film has nothing to do with the book and it should have never been called World War Z to begin with. I was expecting so much from this movie since it was going to be a Blockbuster zombie film staring Brad Pitt so what was not to like. With all the production problemsWorld War Z is a entertaining movie but the fact that is shares the same name as the best-seller book is an insult. This film has nothing to do with the book and it should have never been called World War Z to begin with. I was expecting so much from this movie since it was going to be a Blockbuster zombie film staring Brad Pitt so what was not to like. With all the production problems this film had id have to say i was actually pretty surprised by how much it didnt suck. Sure i would have loved a different director i just dont think Marc Forster can do action movies i think we all remember how bad Quantum of Solace was. Another thing is the fact that its a PG-13 movie makes it a hard sell there was barely any gore in the movie and thats what zombie movies thrive on even the uncut version they released was weak. Watching the trailer though i thought the CGI was going to be crap esspecially the Israel part but i was wrong and it ended up looking pretty decent. The editing was a mess and it felt like we would go to one place kill some zombies then go to another place and do the same thing it was pointlesss. The ending was crap though i see that they opened it up for a sequel but id rather hope this film doesnt get one.

Overall i give it a 6.5
  19. May 9, 2014
    One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I was literally yawning while watching a plain crash from inside the plane. Total snooze fest. The whole time I wasn't invested with bland characters and absurd plotlines. At least the disaster movie 2012 knew it was being absurd, but this movie seems to take it's absurd unpolished ideas seriously.

I owe this movie this, it inspired me to

I owe this movie this, it inspired me to read the book, and the book really is a superb reflections of the times we live in. It's such a shame they took the idea and skewered it so bad.
  20. Mar 25, 2014
    World war z follows he story of a UN employee (brad Pitt) on his mission to halt a zombie pandemic. The film starts off great and gets abit dull in the middle but towards the end it picks up. It is tense from start to finish the only thing I would heavily criticise is the fact they barely go into detail as to how the outbreak started, they could of added a whole new layer to the story butWorld war z follows he story of a UN employee (brad Pitt) on his mission to halt a zombie pandemic. The film starts off great and gets abit dull in the middle but towards the end it picks up. It is tense from start to finish the only thing I would heavily criticise is the fact they barely go into detail as to how the outbreak started, they could of added a whole new layer to the story but instead they just used the main character as the focal point without adding anyone else into the fray. The film has got some bad press but generally I'd say its worth watching as it's not your usual zombie movie, it's actually believable and the zombies actually seem intelligent rather than walking around aimlessly. The acting as a whole is pretty bad imo, the only actors that really deserve credit are the kids, as brad Pitt barely says anything and all his wife does is look into the camera looking **** scared. I would of gave the movie a much higher rating if they would of just built on the plot, which I have heared the book does very well. Expand
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    I was expecting World War Z to be an over the top zombie movie, but it actually had a good story, and was fun to watch.I have not read the book, so I have no clue if it will live up to the expectations of those who have.
  22. Mar 20, 2014
    I put off watching this film for a long time because I hate and avoid Zombie movies. Having said that, this was a pretty good action film. Surprise, surprise. The Zombies weren't overly gory and the race to find a cure kept me interested throughout the film.
  23. Mar 11, 2014
    i love brad pitt's world war z it is the most exciting zombie film and marc foster film i have ever seen in my life . if there's a sequel then i cant wait to watch it
  24. Mar 8, 2014
    It has its moments, but they're not enough. The script falls short in places, and it needs more emotion. The film does offer us effective suspense and tension in several scenes, and it will be a good film for zombie fans.
  25. Mar 1, 2014
    I think the Z stands for Zzz. A banal, wishy-washy showcase of faceless people running away from faceless zombies. World War Zzzz quacks and farts around like a gutted 28 Days Later for the stupid, but what's really weird is that it shows little to no real gore, the result is an bloodless chase by rasping extras in bad make-up.
  26. Feb 16, 2014
    It did not live up to what we all were hoping for. It has a few interesting scenes here and there but if you go in and watch it expecting a grand and epic zombie film, you're going to be disappointed. There's not a whole lot of "zombie" elements to the movie as it's not very gory at all. And that's fine, there are movies like that but this one didn't do it right. If you enjoy zombie films,It did not live up to what we all were hoping for. It has a few interesting scenes here and there but if you go in and watch it expecting a grand and epic zombie film, you're going to be disappointed. There's not a whole lot of "zombie" elements to the movie as it's not very gory at all. And that's fine, there are movies like that but this one didn't do it right. If you enjoy zombie films, it's not for you. If you want something to watch and you have nothing to do, go for it. Expand
  27. Jan 24, 2014
    One of the best zombie films I've seen. Heard lots about the production problems but if you put that to one side you get a taught, believable and exciting drama. Some of the acting is superb, though personally I thought Brad Pitt was out of his comfort zone playing this character - they should have got someone else to do it. For me he was actually the weakest character in the film. TheOne of the best zombie films I've seen. Heard lots about the production problems but if you put that to one side you get a taught, believable and exciting drama. Some of the acting is superb, though personally I thought Brad Pitt was out of his comfort zone playing this character - they should have got someone else to do it. For me he was actually the weakest character in the film. The epic nature of the plot captures the end of humanity in a very convincing way, last film I saw when it felt this good was war of the worlds. Some of the set-pieces, such as the attack on Jerusalem, are exhilarating. Ending felt very tacked on (as it actually was) and the change of pace at the end let the film end on a slightly disappointing note. However if you want a great zombie film then give this a try. Expand
  28. Jan 21, 2014
    The move was ok, but It could have been better. If you haven't read the book, Go ahead and watch it. If you have, you might be a little disappointed, but overall, it is a good movie i would watch again
  29. Jan 21, 2014
    How best to describe this movie? Umm... Well have you ever sat through a 2-hour film and at the end just uttered the sound Blah? Well this is that movie. World War Z is full of uninspiring characters, a woeful script and a narrative without any meaningful content. Yes the ridiculous turbo charged zombies with cat like reflexes do capture your attention, if that’s what you think a zombieHow best to describe this movie? Umm... Well have you ever sat through a 2-hour film and at the end just uttered the sound Blah? Well this is that movie. World War Z is full of uninspiring characters, a woeful script and a narrative without any meaningful content. Yes the ridiculous turbo charged zombies with cat like reflexes do capture your attention, if that’s what you think a zombie should look like. The truth however is this, World War Z doesn't spend enough time making you believe, evoking emotion between characters and developing the story in an intellectual manner. Each scene feels like its made out of toilet paper and then stuck to the next with super glue, you may think I'm being harsh but this is a movie with an enormous budget based on a fantastic book. Its certainly action over content my friends.

On a positive note Brad Pitt does have some gravitas and the solution to conquering the Undead is pretty cool, but that said it's still a very disappointing outcome to what should have been a great movie.
  30. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent! I love the zombie's in this picture. They mound into giant piles! whats not to love. Brad Pitt does a wonderful job leading this film though adventure, carnage and excellent zombie encounters.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jun 29, 2013
    World War Z is the most gratifying action spectacle in years, and one reason for its success if the Pitt doesn't play a superhero. [1 July 2013, p.76]
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Director Marc Forster is very good at amping up the terror, but after a while, we reach zombie overload and we might as well be watching an infestation of Transformers.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jun 21, 2013
    Given how efficiently World War Z has delivered jolts and screams over the course of its sleek 116-minute running time, it’s easy to forgive this rushed and slightly muted finale.