6.8

1. Aug 24, 2014
    I had the misfortune of reading a couple lines from a review before entering the cinema, which spoiled a few scenes for me (scenes which may have been otherwise surprising, but could not be seen coming a mile away). Also, I entered thinking that this movie wouldn't be that good, which seems like a good strategy: I enjoyed War World Z.

In the aftermath, the story seems like a highly
    condensed view into a world overrun by a virus that resembles zombies, but doesn't quite get there. Also, it seems like we get a very narrow view with glimpses of something greater and vaster on the outside, and the overall story-building might have benefited from expanding the experience. Now, the emotional baggage seemed elusive and the audience has a harder time actually feeling the emotional layers that are supposed to be there.

The action, actor performances and CGI were nothing out of the ordinary. All in all, the movie was nothing out of the ordinary. The low rating kept the action rather tame, with a lot of off-screen violence, and save for a few jumpy moments, there was nothing scary about the movie, although there were nice seconds of suspense here and there.
  2. Aug 13, 2014
    The action begins really soon in the movie,and there is action non-stop.The zombies are really fast and they are more intelligent than the others.The only bad point is the blood,there is no blood in the movie.In a zombie movie we are expecting to see blood but in this one there is none.
  3. Aug 11, 2014
    Just a real big movie. I don't know the numbers. But this probably cost them too much. The story is not classic. It's great. The scenes are really amazing. I've never seen something similar. How did they do this? It seems real, not like the usual cut scenes and other tricks. I liked this movie, and I really wanted it to be much longer
  4. Jul 27, 2014
    The story is very well-paced. The plot can constantly keep me interested. Acting is good. A lot of intense moment and action. Special effect / CG is also excellent. Quite a lot of unrealistic scene that don't really make sense though. I also think that the movie ends too suddenly. If you a fan of the book you can straight up give this movie a zero but if you are new to World War Z and simply want to watch an action-packed movie, this is the movie for you. BUT you are warned, if you are seeking for a horror movie, don't watch this. This is an exciting movie only. Expand
  5. Jul 24, 2014
    BRAD PITT COLLECTS ANOTHER PAYCHECK ....and audiences continue to get dumbed down into paying for lazy trash like wwz

don't expect to be horrified, expect to be bored and annoyed
  6. Jul 14, 2014
    This movie was not surprising, and neither too creative nor groundbreaking. You shouldn't be shocked by this movie, but you’re the zombie lover then you should leave content. Brad Pitt was not brilliant with the role he was given but his attempt was decent. World War Z strays away from the novel it once became and left as a just another movie.
  7. Jun 25, 2014
    When you read this complete review, you'll be very surprised that I still gave World War Z (WWZ) this rating. That's because WWZ has one very big problem, which I will talk about. It's amazing though, that outside of that one problem, everything in WWZ is good enough for it to get a 9 out of 10. WWZ is very different from other zombie flicks. It's not filled with gore, and it's not like The Walking Dead where they try to survive in a post-apocalypse world. It basically is, well, a world war with zombies. In terms of acting, WWZ's only shining star is Brad Pitt. Everybody else is basic. WWZ mixes up genres, too. It is a thriller, horror, and action movie. However, if you are a true die hard horror fan, you might be disappointed (wasn't a problem for me). WWZ's action is hard to describe. It is definitely intense and has good fear building, but it's not the kind of violence you'd expect. I loved the zombie action, but it's not exactly what Transformers fans would want. That's okay. It's beautifully shot, too. Some of the best parts come from when thousands to millions of zombies are piling up on each other to wreck havoc. I loved every single part of WWZ except....THE STORY AND ENDING. It starts off fairly good. As it progresses though, it just becomes so jumbled and convoluted. The plot can get dumb at times, too. It was a big problem as it went on. The conclusion leaves so much to be desired and it's one of those types that just screams "SEQUEL!". I hate those kind of endings. Besides the story and ending, WWZ is constantly entertaining. Expand
  8. Jun 17, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I have not read the comics.
    Review: Disjointed film with isolated incidents. Same old zombies stuff. The film was only saved by its last act. Not worth watching.
  9. May 25, 2014
    World War Z is a entertaining movie but the fact that is shares the same name as the best-seller book is an insult. This film has nothing to do with the book and it should have never been called World War Z to begin with. I was expecting so much from this movie since it was going to be a Blockbuster zombie film staring Brad Pitt so what was not to like. With all the production problems this film had id have to say i was actually pretty surprised by how much it didnt suck. Sure i would have loved a different director i just dont think Marc Forster can do action movies i think we all remember how bad Quantum of Solace was. Another thing is the fact that its a PG-13 movie makes it a hard sell there was barely any gore in the movie and thats what zombie movies thrive on even the uncut version they released was weak. Watching the trailer though i thought the CGI was going to be crap esspecially the Israel part but i was wrong and it ended up looking pretty decent. The editing was a mess and it felt like we would go to one place kill some zombies then go to another place and do the same thing it was pointlesss. The ending was crap though i see that they opened it up for a sequel but id rather hope this film doesnt get one.

Overall i give it a 6.5
  10. May 14, 2014
    Consensus: World War Z despite its flaws, is thrilling, well acted, extremely intense and directed with energy. 83/100 (B+)

Who hasn't fun watching this? A completly unlikable and embittered person, it's really hard to hate this film because it was so exciting and intense every minute. I watch this film at 2:00 AM and believe me, it was an experience. World War Z is full of intense
    sequences of violence, astonishing horror and fun.

Not a big fan of the zombie sub-genre, but this one was very interesting, and one of the last year's greatest films. It's worth it, if you're reading this right now and you haven't seen the film yet, please stop reading and watch it!, just don't expect a well executed plot and a complex and smart screenplay. World War Z (as i said) has lots of fun, lots of action and lots of violence plus good performances... no more.

Brad Pitt performs Gerry Lane's character and he does a remarkable job during the hole film, he was so believable and probably the smartest character in this film. Also spotlight here to Segen (performed by the talented woman Daniella Kertesz), she and Brad Pitt make a good couple.

Its final act i found it confusing, unbelieveable and dumb. But still scary at times. Overall this film was great (despite its final act, that is very surreal and dumb) World War Z is an instant classic that has some flaws but all the action, all the tension and vibrant direction makes this film special, a must watch. Visit my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx and follow me on Twitter: @MemoBosque
  11. May 9, 2014
    One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I was literally yawning while watching a plain crash from inside the plane. Total snooze fest. The whole time I wasn't invested with bland characters and absurd plotlines. At least the disaster movie 2012 knew it was being absurd, but this movie seems to take it's absurd unpolished ideas seriously.

I owe this movie this, it inspired me to
    read the book, and the book really is a superb reflections of the times we live in. It's such a shame they took the idea and skewered it so bad. Expand
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    World war z follows he story of a UN employee (brad Pitt) on his mission to halt a zombie pandemic. The film starts off great and gets abit dull in the middle but towards the end it picks up. It is tense from start to finish the only thing I would heavily criticise is the fact they barely go into detail as to how the outbreak started, they could of added a whole new layer to the story but instead they just used the main character as the focal point without adding anyone else into the fray. The film has got some bad press but generally I'd say its worth watching as it's not your usual zombie movie, it's actually believable and the zombies actually seem intelligent rather than walking around aimlessly. The acting as a whole is pretty bad imo, the only actors that really deserve credit are the kids, as brad Pitt barely says anything and all his wife does is look into the camera looking **** scared. I would of gave the movie a much higher rating if they would of just built on the plot, which I have heared the book does very well. Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    I was expecting World War Z to be an over the top zombie movie, but it actually had a good story, and was fun to watch.I have not read the book, so I have no clue if it will live up to the expectations of those who have.
  14. Mar 20, 2014
    I put off watching this film for a long time because I hate and avoid Zombie movies. Having said that, this was a pretty good action film. Surprise, surprise. The Zombies weren't overly gory and the race to find a cure kept me interested throughout the film.
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    i love brad pitt's world war z it is the most exciting zombie film and marc foster film i have ever seen in my life . if there's a sequel then i cant wait to watch it
  16. Mar 8, 2014
    It has its moments, but they're not enough. The script falls short in places, and it needs more emotion. The film does offer us effective suspense and tension in several scenes, and it will be a good film for zombie fans.
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    I think the Z stands for Zzz. A banal, wishy-washy showcase of faceless people running away from faceless zombies. World War Zzzz quacks and farts around like a gutted 28 Days Later for the stupid, but what's really weird is that it shows little to no real gore, the result is an bloodless chase by rasping extras in bad make-up.
  18. Feb 16, 2014
    It did not live up to what we all were hoping for. It has a few interesting scenes here and there but if you go in and watch it expecting a grand and epic zombie film, you're going to be disappointed. There's not a whole lot of "zombie" elements to the movie as it's not very gory at all. And that's fine, there are movies like that but this one didn't do it right. If you enjoy zombie films, it's not for you. If you want something to watch and you have nothing to do, go for it. Expand
  19. Jan 24, 2014
    One of the best zombie films I've seen. Heard lots about the production problems but if you put that to one side you get a taught, believable and exciting drama. Some of the acting is superb, though personally I thought Brad Pitt was out of his comfort zone playing this character - they should have got someone else to do it. For me he was actually the weakest character in the film. The epic nature of the plot captures the end of humanity in a very convincing way, last film I saw when it felt this good was war of the worlds. Some of the set-pieces, such as the attack on Jerusalem, are exhilarating. Ending felt very tacked on (as it actually was) and the change of pace at the end let the film end on a slightly disappointing note. However if you want a great zombie film then give this a try. Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    The move was ok, but It could have been better. If you haven't read the book, Go ahead and watch it. If you have, you might be a little disappointed, but overall, it is a good movie i would watch again
  21. Jan 21, 2014
    How best to describe this movie? Umm... Well have you ever sat through a 2-hour film and at the end just uttered the sound Blah? Well this is that movie. World War Z is full of uninspiring characters, a woeful script and a narrative without any meaningful content. Yes the ridiculous turbo charged zombies with cat like reflexes do capture your attention, if that’s what you think a zombie should look like. The truth however is this, World War Z doesn't spend enough time making you believe, evoking emotion between characters and developing the story in an intellectual manner. Each scene feels like its made out of toilet paper and then stuck to the next with super glue, you may think I'm being harsh but this is a movie with an enormous budget based on a fantastic book. Its certainly action over content my friends.

On a positive note Brad Pitt does have some gravitas and the solution to conquering the Undead is pretty cool, but that said it's still a very disappointing outcome to what should have been a great movie.
  22. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent! I love the zombie's in this picture. They mound into giant piles! whats not to love. Brad Pitt does a wonderful job leading this film though adventure, carnage and excellent zombie encounters.
  23. Jan 6, 2014
    Grande título de 2013, um dos filmes que mais gostei do ano
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    Brad Pitt and his long, luscious locks star as the main character Gerry Lane in this supposedly political thriller. Director Marc Forster unsuccessfully tries to emulate the mix of exciting and political effects which others (George A Romero, Danny Boyle) have done so well. The action scenes are clear and don't overuse shaky cam, even though there is a lot of it. While the acting is quite good and benefits from Tyler Durden himself Brad Pitt (and the new Doctor Who Peter Capaldi), the story is eerily familiar cough cough 28 Days Later cough cough and the resolution is just ****
    When the most exciting thing about a movie is Brad Pitt's new haircut, you have to accept that it's failed at being enjoyable. World War Z is nothing special, pretty much everything about it is just satisfactory.
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    When the first World War Z book was published it took young readers by storm and climbed to the top of the New York Times Best Sellers list. It was destine to become a movie, especially now, with the popularity of zombies, but ultimately, the highly anticipated film fails to deliver anything different. U.N. Employee, Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), is out with his family when a recently discovered virus hits the United States and all hell breaks loose. The first 45 minutes of this film were literally like the pilot of The Walking Dead. No one knows what's going on, people are panicking, it was all very predictable. The film does go into a different direction after that, but how many different ways of doing a zombie film are there? Lane starts traveling the world seeking a cure for the disease, while at the same time trying to avoid being attacked. The unfortunate fact is that no matter how good the acting or the writing, there is very little you can actually do with a zombie film. The zombies and the circumstances behind the outbreak are always a little different, but ultimately it becomes about survival or the race to find a cure. Brad Pitt is terrific, and as I have been saying for year, it doesn't matter how good looking the guy is, he belongs in action films! This is the genre where he excels and even though World War Z was painfully predictable, Pitt makes it worth watching. He is the focus of the story and it takes a lot of quick thinking and tremendous stunts to keep him alive. For me that was the best part of the film. There was a lot of hype behind World War Z and it was a very intense film, but like I said, there is very little you can do with an end of the world/zombie film that hasn't been done over and over again. While some what entertaining, World War Z is ultimately just another copy cat. Expand
  26. Dec 23, 2013
    The movie is great at what it aims to be: a disastermovie. It has not much to do with the book besides the name. If you want a scarry horrormovie this isn't for you. But if you want an entertaining adventure/disastermovie World War Z is great!
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    It was a very wonderful film! The best film about zombies I've ever seen. I don't like a lot of blood and guts, severed limbs and toilet humour in zombie-films. Yes, this film of course has some stupid or impossible moments, but the film, despite all bad, is fantastic. I enjoyed it in 3D and I watch it at home sometimes... seldom. Cool film!
  28. Dec 13, 2013
    No question about it: 10 our of 10. The whole movie is intense from the opening scene, to the happy ending. Those zombies were so intense and awesome i cried The movie did have some scary moments that just made it all the more better. The movie was really fast paced for some people which is understandable (super quick zombie), but hey, if i have thousand of zombies sprinting towards me, i'll be running for my life.

This is personally for me is my favorite movie (apart from the Fast and Furious series. R.I.P. Paul Walker.) it is by far my most favorite zombie movie. This is honestly the only thing that could have been better than The Walking Dead TV Series.

Bottom Line: Best Zombie Movie; World War Z.Best Zombie TV Show; The Walking Dead. (also 10 out of 10)
  29. Dec 12, 2013
    Jumping straight into the action is both a blessing and a curse. Most of it seems recycled, but is sure to please fans of the zombie genre. The lab scene was by far the best part.
  30. Dec 10, 2013
    While I am a fan of both Brad Pitt and zombies, I was pretty disappointed. It had action and the CGI was pretty good, but apart from that, everything else was just another interpretation of an overused theme: zombie survival/a zombie apocalypse. The movie felt rushed; but with all the trouble World War Z had during production I'm surprised it wasn't a complete disaster If you're a zombie gore fan than you'll be disappointed since the violence was toned down. (Though I appreciated the lack of bloody gore, since I'm honestly not a huge fan of it. However, you could get the Unrated version if you want to see blood and gore.) If you're also a fan of the book, please note: The movies nothing like the book. The only things the book and movie have in common are the title. Nothing else. It's like I Am Legend, just with more people and zombies. I did not like the script, and I think there should've been more depth to the story and characters. The movie was kinda anticlimactic. You should watch The Walking Dead instead.

If you liked this review, read my other work by clicking on my name and mark this as helpful. I review movies, TV shows, and videogames.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under t

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jun 29, 2013
    World War Z is the most gratifying action spectacle in years, and one reason for its success if the Pitt doesn't play a superhero. [1 July 2013, p.76]
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Director Marc Forster is very good at amping up the terror, but after a while, we reach zombie overload and we might as well be watching an infestation of Transformers.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jun 21, 2013
    Given how efficiently World War Z has delivered jolts and screams over the course of its sleek 116-minute running time, it’s easy to forgive this rushed and slightly muted finale.