6.8

1. Jun 26, 2013
    nice movie. decent storyline. not too corney. brad pitt pulls off a decent performance. nice scenes of philie and jerusalem. its the first of a trilogy. good special effects. its a solid movie.
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    I haven't read the book, but awesome movie. Fast zombies, intelligent, forward thinking main characters, and a believable plot. The last time I enjoyed a zombie movie this much I was 16, and I was easy to impress back then. The fact that a zombie movie was able to seem so solid and well-done now is a testament to its quality.

I hear they changed the ending from the book, however, so a

I hear they changed the ending from the book, however, so a lot of people are probably upset about that.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    I love this movie. Kinda like the Walking Dead on steroids. Great acting by Brad and the whole cast. I'm hoping they do a sequel because I would like to see where the storyline goes. Seeing as this did not follow the book very closely they have many options where they could take it. I would like to see the characters expanded on a bit and then of course the solution, search for the cure orI love this movie. Kinda like the Walking Dead on steroids. Great acting by Brad and the whole cast. I'm hoping they do a sequel because I would like to see where the storyline goes. Seeing as this did not follow the book very closely they have many options where they could take it. I would like to see the characters expanded on a bit and then of course the solution, search for the cure or just the journey to how they got where they are. Expand
  4. Jun 22, 2013
    The characters are actually really intelligent. In most horror movies, I catch myself thinking "Don't do that, don't do that you idiot!" over and over again. There was none of that here; lots of people die, but the people who live don't live because of plot armor or random chance. They survive because they're determined and intelligent, and that's rare in most movies. Even the minorThe characters are actually really intelligent. In most horror movies, I catch myself thinking "Don't do that, don't do that you idiot!" over and over again. There was none of that here; lots of people die, but the people who live don't live because of plot armor or random chance. They survive because they're determined and intelligent, and that's rare in most movies. Even the minor characters are capable of taking hints and taking measures to defend themselves and each other. Even crowds of people are not just mindless lemmings.

Also, there are several strong female and minority characters. The protagonist's wife gets a bit too weepy, but that isn't enough to bring down a suspenseful and intelligent movie.

I really liked how no one wasted time trying to figure out what zombies were. The characters don't break down in disbelief or have long, drawn out arguments about the nature of their enemy. We know what zombies are, the characters know what zombies are--they're perceptive. There's no tacky "IT CAN'T BE!" sequence in which most of the characters deny the threat, a moment most zombie movies fall victim to.

The special effects are also really good. It's just a shame most of the subtleties flew over peoples' heads.
  5. Jun 24, 2013
    I actually really loved this movie! I was worried it was going to suck, but it played with my emotions so well that I am embracing this. I would recommend seeing it in the theater though, because I felt like I was connected with the audience because of all the reactions! I will be seeing it again soon!
  6. Jul 7, 2013
    As an action film, World War Z is a great film! It is an exciting film filled with loads of action and very few boring scenes. It is no similarity between the movie and the book, but it is still a great movie. It is a must-see!
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    Really fun and awsome. I like the massive zombie scenes and i like Brad Pitt as an actor. World War Z is for me one of the best zombie movies i ever seen. GO WATCH IT!
  8. Jun 25, 2013
    If your not a child or an idiot, but like Zombie movies, you will love this. The poor ratings are as baffling as the nonsensical comments, not scary enough, fake looking zombies, slow paced and boring. I'm clearly missing something. This movie has tons of class, sharp direction, amazing effects, and best of all, it has what so many Zombie movies, now days lack, a SOUL. This is by far theIf your not a child or an idiot, but like Zombie movies, you will love this. The poor ratings are as baffling as the nonsensical comments, not scary enough, fake looking zombies, slow paced and boring. I'm clearly missing something. This movie has tons of class, sharp direction, amazing effects, and best of all, it has what so many Zombie movies, now days lack, a SOUL. This is by far the best Zombie flick I have ever seen. And for those who want more gore and a realistic story and believe that to be something like the WALKING DEAD, then check your Logic that actually retarded. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2013
    From someone who hasn't read the book to this movie i really enjoyed it. Id highly recommend this movie to my friends.
    Its full of action and suspense.
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    Wow, I am actually shocked. After years of horrible, homogeneous zombie apocalypse movies, this movie is a breath of fresh air. When I saw brad pitt on the cover, I knew it couldnt be terrible, and it turned out to be worthy of such a top rated actor. I am really glad they made this because the R.E films were a huge disappointment, and if I have to watch another british port of 28 adderolWow, I am actually shocked. After years of horrible, homogeneous zombie apocalypse movies, this movie is a breath of fresh air. When I saw brad pitt on the cover, I knew it couldnt be terrible, and it turned out to be worthy of such a top rated actor. I am really glad they made this because the R.E films were a huge disappointment, and if I have to watch another british port of 28 adderol later I think I would puke. If you want a good modern zombie flick, this is it. Who cares if it isnt like the book, its not like this is a Tolkien port, and it's still a great movie. I dont understand how people are saying there was no plot. The plot was easily the most intricate of any zombie series other than R.E. which actually had too long and complex of a manifestation. There is plenty of suspense rather than simply relying on gore and zombies popping out of nowhere at easily predictable moments. The character development and conflict resolution were brilliantly written and acted. Some of these people putting down Brads acting should try their own hand at theatre and see if they can even get in the door of a film studio.

****************MINOR SPOILER********************

Best part of the film: after days of running and killing zombies, Brad Pitt finally figures out a way to "avoid" the zombies "smell". So what does he do? He sits down in a hallway full of them and pops a can of soda.
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    Stand alone it was a great movie. Having read the book however I think they should have changed the title to avoid false expectations, after all only a few details went along with the book. If you have read the book DON'T go in expecting Max Brooks brilliance, but don't worry you will enjoy it. Frankly I am kinda happy they didn't do Yonkers I don't believe Hollywood would have been ableStand alone it was a great movie. Having read the book however I think they should have changed the title to avoid false expectations, after all only a few details went along with the book. If you have read the book DON'T go in expecting Max Brooks brilliance, but don't worry you will enjoy it. Frankly I am kinda happy they didn't do Yonkers I don't believe Hollywood would have been able to do it justice, crazy high budget or not. Brad Pitt was excellent for the non book roll they made for him. Expand
  12. Jul 7, 2013
    Certainly the best zombie apocalyptic movie I have ever seen! Kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire movie. Great story, and plot. Definitely worth watching at your local theatre!
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    its the best zombie movie currently out there!better than zombieland, 28 weeks later and many more.im a huge zombie fan and i can say this is fantastic .zombie fans will be thrilled with this.its action packed from start to finish.plots very good, zombies are even better because theyre different,they dont walk they run like ants and theyre making a sequal!a must see! probably the bestits the best zombie movie currently out there!better than zombieland, 28 weeks later and many more.im a huge zombie fan and i can say this is fantastic .zombie fans will be thrilled with this.its action packed from start to finish.plots very good, zombies are even better because theyre different,they dont walk they run like ants and theyre making a sequal!a must see! probably the best movie of 2013 soo far and its actually already one of my favourite movies! Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Wow it's powerful. Literally keeps you at the edge of your seat and throws twists and turns relentlessly. It's smart, scary and a joy to watch.

The story acts more as a preview of the book rather than a full adaptation. But, I was delightfully surprised that the movie was able to include so many perspectives of the outbreak in various countries.
  15. Jun 26, 2013
    Finally does the zombie brand justice. Don't expect a bunch pf gore-horror or anything similar to the book, but this movie definitely delivers it on its own- and it's a thriller, 100%, with the most suspenseful and ridiculous conclusion I have EVER seen in one (unless of course horror movies count)
  16. Jun 22, 2013
    So it wasn't like the book? Get over it. It happens pretty often. I thought it was still a very entertaining movie and am looking forward to the sequel.
  17. Jun 21, 2013
    It was a real solid movie that was structured well and took you along for the ride. I will say that it does stray in many key ways from the book but it does work. Pitt's role did not exist in the book and to tell the story through so many different charters, as Brooks did in the book, would be more suited for a tv series. A must see!
  18. Jun 22, 2013
    Wonderful Cinematography! Love this movie so much more than 28 Days Later and I love that movie! Great depth and subtext, I will absolutely buy the 3D version when it's available. If you like pandemic or zombie flicks at all GO SEE THIS MOVIE!
  19. Jun 23, 2013
    An action-packed zombie. Each second of the movie is breath-taking. Best zombie movie ever made. Each of the character played their role very well and each moment will let make you ran out of breath.
  20. Jun 24, 2013
    Going into a movie like The Internship you already know what you're going to get and if you have convinced yourself of what this will be and have set your expectations to a certain level then this PG-13 comedy of misfits will have you more impressed than those initial standards might have inclined you to believe.
  21. Jul 1, 2013
    This movie was by far the best zombie movie ever, it had me on the edge of my seat, eyes locket to the screen. Everyone in the theatre was very interactive. And had our complete attention with the crazy action scenes. My favorite part is hard to choose. It made me sad, afraid, and happy all in about 2 hrs. The zombies looked great, the graphics were great. The story line made sense. AndThis movie was by far the best zombie movie ever, it had me on the edge of my seat, eyes locket to the screen. Everyone in the theatre was very interactive. And had our complete attention with the crazy action scenes. My favorite part is hard to choose. It made me sad, afraid, and happy all in about 2 hrs. The zombies looked great, the graphics were great. The story line made sense. And It had a satisfying ending. The Scene in Israel with the gate was awesome, So was the plane scene, and ending scene in the Research facility was awesome. BRad Pitt played a loving husband and father, striving to keep them safe. Along with saving lives of many others. and i liked that he was just a regular guy, who observed the zombies behavior to come up with a solution GREAT MOVIE A MUST SEE Expand
  22. Jul 5, 2013
    I loved this movie. The action takes right off 5 minutes in and doesn't stop. Brad, as well as the other actors, do a fantastic job. I'm hoping they do a sequel.
  23. Jul 21, 2013
    My new favorite zombie/infected movie of all time, and quite possibly my favorite movie of the year thus far. Yes I went into this movie expecting it to be like the book, but once I dropped that and took it as a standalone feature, the plot still had me on the edge of my seat. It has all you can want in a movie and more!
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm surprised this movie got a 6.8 out of 10. I find this movie amazing, easily in my top 5 list. Although some people get old of the idea of zombie, I love it. 10/10
  25. Aug 25, 2013
    A very good zombie movie. A little bit underrated. For me it's a very good movie with very beautiful soundtracks by Marco Beltrami. The most important is that it's not a scary movie but a very good adventure movie. Brad Pitt was amazing at his role. Watch this film and have fun!!
  26. Sep 11, 2013
    Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much Love this movie so much
  27. Dec 13, 2013
    No question about it: 10 our of 10. The whole movie is intense from the opening scene, to the happy ending. Those zombies were so intense and awesome i cried The movie did have some scary moments that just made it all the more better. The movie was really fast paced for some people which is understandable (super quick zombie), but hey, if i have thousand of zombies sprinting towards me,No question about it: 10 our of 10. The whole movie is intense from the opening scene, to the happy ending. Those zombies were so intense and awesome i cried The movie did have some scary moments that just made it all the more better. The movie was really fast paced for some people which is understandable (super quick zombie), but hey, if i have thousand of zombies sprinting towards me, i'll be running for my life.

This is personally for me is my favorite movie (apart from the Fast and Furious series. R.I.P. Paul Walker.) it is by far my most favorite zombie movie. This is honestly the only thing that could have been better than The Walking Dead TV Series.

Bottom Line: Best Zombie Movie; World War Z.Best Zombie TV Show; The Walking Dead. (also 10 out of 10)
  28. Dec 22, 2013
    It was a very wonderful film! The best film about zombies I've ever seen. I don't like a lot of blood and guts, severed limbs and toilet humour in zombie-films. Yes, this film of course has some stupid or impossible moments, but the film, despite all bad, is fantastic. I enjoyed it in 3D and I watch it at home sometimes... seldom. Cool film!
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    i love brad pitt's world war z it is the most exciting zombie film and marc foster film i have ever seen in my life . if there's a sequel then i cant wait to watch it
  30. Sep 27, 2013
    A surprisingly realistic take on the zombie movie genre. The plot is smart and the information it presents is plausible. Characters act like real people and make intelligent decisions quickly and when their back is against the wall. Also the acting is superb. Surprisingly this is a zombie movie that shy's away from blood and gore by hiding the bloodier moments just off screen. This movieA surprisingly realistic take on the zombie movie genre. The plot is smart and the information it presents is plausible. Characters act like real people and make intelligent decisions quickly and when their back is against the wall. Also the acting is superb. Surprisingly this is a zombie movie that shy's away from blood and gore by hiding the bloodier moments just off screen. This movie is tense, exciting, and most importantly smart. If the zombie apocalypse does happen it will be a lot like this movie. So if you're a zombie fanatic like myself this is a must watch. Expand
  31. Jun 23, 2013
    I have not read the book so I cannot comment on any parallels or compare the two in any way, shape or form. So for those of you that think that "the book is way better" or "this movie has not done the book justice" to you all i see "fair enough but i don't care"

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and considering how much of a troubled production it has had, it has left me astounded that it has turned out so well.

This movie puts its characters first. Unlike most Zombie movies, this one feels like it has purpose and lets you feel like you are on a journey with Gerry Lane. There is no real blood or gore in the movie at all and this serves the movie very well as it is a story of how will the human race survive this and focuses on the story elements it needs to in order to portray this.

Its been a while since Pitt has been in a movie (that i have seen anyway) and for me he did very well and was a welcome return to the screen for him. Props too for him partly funding this movie himself if i am not mistaken to help it get finished.

Hope this film does well at the box office, it deserves to be seen for bringing something fresh to a tired genre.
  32. Jun 23, 2013
    This was a very entertaining movie. I feel that they could've made the movie about 20 minutes longer and added more to the "discovery and research." I hope the extra content in the DVD/BluRay release has the alternate endings and extra content.
  33. Aug 16, 2013
    Based on it's trailer, I went into WWZ expecting a ton of eye candy and splatter, that's it. Thank God I was completely wrong as this brilliant film turned out to be the biggest and best cinematic surprise of '13! It is full of substance, storytelling, edge of your seat moments with the script and the zombies stealing the show. The undead actors deserve Oscars as I've yet to be thisBased on it's trailer, I went into WWZ expecting a ton of eye candy and splatter, that's it. Thank God I was completely wrong as this brilliant film turned out to be the biggest and best cinematic surprise of '13! It is full of substance, storytelling, edge of your seat moments with the script and the zombies stealing the show. The undead actors deserve Oscars as I've yet to be this terrified in a film of this genre. Yes, the epic images from it's trailer do contribute to it's wowfactor however it is WWZ' s ddelivery and anti-heroes that make this film shine. I adored this movie so much that I saw it again the next day and read the book. Do yourself a favor, let go of any preconceived notions and see this on the big screen while you still can. After that, you'll be reading the book in no time. Expand
  34. Aug 4, 2013
    World war z was a pleasant surprise i loved it. the only thing i would take away points for is it was not a rated R film. For me it was one of the best releases of the year so far to this date. Great story and action.
  35. Jun 24, 2013
    Ok..I read the book. It's not like the book. Calm down. This was a GREAT movie. Trust me. You will like it. Great popcorn movie. It's not like walking dead. Calm down. I love the walking dead. I loved the book. And I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Brad Pitt does a good job. Lots of action. See it.
  36. euu
    Jun 30, 2013
    As strange as it sounds, this is probably the most original zombie movie in at least a decade. I walked into this movie with low expectations and the first half hour did little to improve them. This really seemed like just another movie about a guy trying to protect his family as the world around him descended into madness. But after the first half hour Brad's annoying family has gottenAs strange as it sounds, this is probably the most original zombie movie in at least a decade. I walked into this movie with low expectations and the first half hour did little to improve them. This really seemed like just another movie about a guy trying to protect his family as the world around him descended into madness. But after the first half hour Brad's annoying family has gotten less screen time and our hero went to do what no other protagonist in a zombie flick thought of doing, and that is to find a cure. And what fallowed is probably the most fun I had watching a movie this entire year, with the Jerusalem sequence deserving special mention. If you are looking for a deep plot, complex characters or even the kindergarden-level social commentary of the Romero movies you will not find that here. But if you are looking to spend one afternoon watching a movie with action, tension and (mostly involuntary) humor, World War Z is perfect. My only criticism is the fact that the movie is not as violent as other zombie flicks. Expand
  37. Jul 6, 2013
    Smart, immensely entertaining and terrifying to the bone. World War Z is what summer blockbusters should be, limited but intense action with a good story. You probably won't see a better action film this year.
  38. Jul 2, 2013
    "World War Z" is a post apocalyptic zombie film, but unlike other zombie based shows/movies/games, these zombies are super fast, super strong, and super dangerous. The film tackles themes of survival and the camaraderie of others in troubled times. It’s a movie that feels very much like a big budget summer blockbuster, but it doesn’t lack any depth. The director, Marc Forster, does a great"World War Z" is a post apocalyptic zombie film, but unlike other zombie based shows/movies/games, these zombies are super fast, super strong, and super dangerous. The film tackles themes of survival and the camaraderie of others in troubled times. It’s a movie that feels very much like a big budget summer blockbuster, but it doesn’t lack any depth. The director, Marc Forster, does a great job of creating tension and an ambiance where danger is lurking in every corner. There are some really nice slow points in the film, where we can feel for the characters and sympathize with their situation, that build towards a heart pounding action sequence. I really enjoy how this film sort of throws us into the fray instead of slowly building up to the threat. It really shows how fast this disease and threat is really spreading. This bumps up the tension and the stakes.

The actors do a good job of bringing to life these interesting characters. Brad Pitt, while not his best performance, really makes Gerry into a relatable character. He’s a family man that is well equipped with survival knowledge and tenderness to make others feel safe. Daniella Kertesz is a real standout as Segen. She plays a Israeli soldier that helps Gerry through his journey. She’s strong, confident, and able to hold her own, while keeping Gerry safe. The rest of the cast is in the film for a short amount of time, but serve their roles well. Some characters can be unintentionally annoying, mainly Gerry’s youngest daughter, but luckily they’re not in it for very long. The zombies are extremely scary and dangerous. There make-up is well done and they’re not like any other zombies that I’ve seen.

Overall “World War Z" is an extremely entertaining and well made film. It is both fun, action packed, and well worth your time. The score is one of the best I’ve heard all year. It is epic, quiet when needed, and really puts us on the edge of our seats. It has interesting characters and a great story about survival with a goal that doesn’t become some aimless expedition. I give it 4.5/5, a big budget summer movie that not only delivers on thrills, but also is packed with depth.
  39. Jun 24, 2013
    Post apocalyptic perfection. Without a doubt this is a summer movie that will go above and beyond. The movie pushed the limits of zombie action to create an intense and amazing movie that all zombie fans will be talking about for months.
  40. Jun 28, 2013
    World War Z is not a zombie film, it's an action-drama movie with zombie swarm against worldwide armies. I personally don't usually like horror movies because the plot is uninteresting and the characters act idiotically. If you are like me, you are going to like this movie because there is none of this. If you like gore, putrefy zombies and fear, there is none of this, but this movie haveWorld War Z is not a zombie film, it's an action-drama movie with zombie swarm against worldwide armies. I personally don't usually like horror movies because the plot is uninteresting and the characters act idiotically. If you are like me, you are going to like this movie because there is none of this. If you like gore, putrefy zombies and fear, there is none of this, but this movie have other qualities.

The plot: this time it's not some young collegians trying to escape the building in the middle of a party, it's a worldwide pandemic of zombies that collapse most of governments, had already destroy half of mankind and threaten the rest. So the UN investigator Gerry Lane and best dad of the world must travel around the world to find a way to stop the ``virus``, alongside some allies, the most interesting being Segen, the short-haired woman soldier. the first two acts are of the same qualities: good to great. Big scale battle against zombies, few politics undertone and...people get kill by zombies. The third act is different from the rest and the ending maybe feel anticlimactic, but it's understandable because they remade the entire third act after seeing how bad was the original.

The cast
    Brad Pitt as Gery Lane: a fifty-year old man playing the protagonist in an sort-of zombie movie is refreshing. Even better, his character isn't dumb. How brilliant it is to see someone in an sort-of horror movie doing clever things. But even if he seem stoical and used to carnage, he lack of personality. But that's not so important.
    Daniella Kertesz the israeli's woman as Segen, the israeli's soldier who go through hell with Gerry. She manage to get a place in the club of side character who get to be almost as attractive as the protagonist, even more for some. She doesn't have many lines of dialogue and come in screen at half of the movie, but her acting is...well, I came to care more about her than Gerry's family, or Gerry himself.
    The family of Gerry: Who care about them?

Generalities: The new, swarming-running are way more dangerous than the classic one, so the character don't have to act stupidly to get kill. The CGI effects are great, and this is maybe the clever zombie movie I ever watch.

Best action part: big battle between armmies and lots, lots, lots of running zombies.
    Best other stuff part: Character (and I mean Segen).
  41. Sep 14, 2013
    Ive didnt watch this on theater due to bad reviews; I was stupid! this movie has everything going for a Zombie movie; and it's not afraid to use the Z world like they do nowadays. Don't know if the cut on bluray is very different from theaters, but it was thrilling from beggining to end. Great job too from mr. Pitt.
  42. Sep 12, 2013
    First off, I did not read the book. It seems that most people who have, hated the movie. Me? I went in to it thinking it would be just like the rest of the zombie flicks, and I already have zombie burnout. But, low and behold Pitt fits the role perfectly, a baddass, but also an every-man who takes us through both well done suspense and outrageous action. The plot has a couple weak spots,First off, I did not read the book. It seems that most people who have, hated the movie. Me? I went in to it thinking it would be just like the rest of the zombie flicks, and I already have zombie burnout. But, low and behold Pitt fits the role perfectly, a baddass, but also an every-man who takes us through both well done suspense and outrageous action. The plot has a couple weak spots, yes, but as far as big action movie plots these days go, it's above average, and not a total slap in the face like many movies are. It's a popcorn munching thrill ride, and one of the better "overall experience" movies I've seen all year. That said, don't expect too much, because that always ruins it lol. Expand
  43. Jul 5, 2013
    This is like missing start episode of walking dead.Nice scientific thriller with awesome 3D effects,Can't wait till the sequence out.Story flows so fast so the viewer may not get chance to even blink.
  44. Jun 24, 2013
    This is a must see. Went to see this over the weekend with my mother, and I will admit that I have not read the book, but this was an awesome movie. The 3D isn't great, but does have it's moments. When I look for Zombie movies I like as much realism as is possible, and the way this works on a domestic, and international scale is just that.
    There are some saying there were no scares, but
    There are some saying there were no scares, but that simply isn't true. I jumped once or twice, and my mother (and the people behind me) jumped so many times it was funny. Probably not the greatest movie of the year, but for zombie movies, it's in my top 5.
  45. Jun 23, 2013
    I was simply blown away with how amazing this film really was. It's safe to say it's up there as one of the best zombie films, but its also one of the more unique zombie movies that has been made as they put a real twist on the genre. Brad Pitt leads the way in a cast of no other real stand-outs as family man Gerry trying to get his loved ones to safety along with working out what startedI was simply blown away with how amazing this film really was. It's safe to say it's up there as one of the best zombie films, but its also one of the more unique zombie movies that has been made as they put a real twist on the genre. Brad Pitt leads the way in a cast of no other real stand-outs as family man Gerry trying to get his loved ones to safety along with working out what started an outbreak. It had minor flaws but they were overshadowed by effective scenery & impressive CGI. Top stuff! Expand
  46. Jul 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. world war z is far from a faithful retelling of the book the only thing they share is the title Israel and the patient zero idea but that does not mean it's a bad film. the story basically consists of Brad Pitts character traveling to different country's around the world looking for answers to where the outbreak began and how to stop it. He goes to one place it all goes wrong he escapes and that is basically the film so it gets repetitive. Despite this the mass amounts of zombies and chaos is fun to watch and means you sort of forget about the repetitive nature of the story. Towards the end the film goes for a more calm suspenseful take which kind of makes it feel disconnected from the rest of the film but it still works. The idea that to make our troops invisible to the zombies by giving them a disease is interesting but I question how effective it would be i mean you cant expect an army of sick soldiers to fight the zombies it will be interesting to see how the idea works in the sequel. the ending is a bit abrupt but it works. Overall this is a great movie and defiantly worth a watch. Expand
  47. Aug 31, 2014
    "Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has. That's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature." - Jurgen Warmbrunn

Ok, so this is my opinion.Zombies in movies...only in this movie and "The Walking Dead" is masterpiece..
  48. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The level of shock and awe that this movie gives off is astounding. Proving to be a happy surprise I have seen this summer, World War Z is quite a chilling thriller. The feeling of hopelessness is on par with the 70's remake "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", as their is literally almost no place safe on the once life filled planet we all love. The movie is scary to bet, but the most surprising aspect of the story is how emotional it is. The characters almost always react at how they would in certain situations. The expressions and emotions are felt as the characters themselves understand the horrifying situation they are in. It's what the world would be like in the middle of an apocalyptic crisis such as this. My only problem with any failed reaction is the little boy the family picks up early in the film. This kid narrowly escapes the bloody massacre of his family and is even chased by his undead parents and yet you hardly see any fear or state of shock from this poor kid whose life had just been completely destroyed within a day. While I am at it I should point out the ridiculousness this film has offered a few number of times. The so called "spectacular" zombified wall climb isn't impressing to me at all. This is where CGI get's overdone in many movies. The way they make the zombie break in scene is absolutely ridiculous. Their is no way sound would make the zombies attract themselves to the walled structure so much, that they would be able to pile on top of each other and scale a 200 ft wall! There could have been many more logical problems that could have arisen for the zombies to overtake the city. Things like these are what makes the movie slip whenever the tension that drives the story forward, come off as overdone and cheaply slapped on. The clumsiness of the zombies massing over each other like marbles are sometimes dumb as well. Still I praise the originality this movie has to offer. Brad Pit does an excellent job acting as the father of a desperate family trying to survive the terror. Now I have heard many people critic over the amount of violence in this movie. Well if you want to see an over the top blood and gorefest (their's enough horror movies made every year), than you came to the wrong place. You don't need to see everything and frankly it's what you don't see that will scare you the most in this film. Wherever you go you can almost feel the infected are going to pop up anywhere at anytime. Granted the INTENSE and violent nature of this film will leave you on the edge of your seat. The zombies are absolutely ruthless, doing whatever it takes to kill you. Just at how they hurl themselves at the characters and the speed at which they do will make you jump. Without a doubt, the last scene in the movie the most pulse pounding. Truly one of the most tense driven times I ever experienced in the cinema. It's really at the end where it all comes down to for originality. I love how ending is played out and it's uncertainty is faced. Give this flick a look. Expand
  49. Aug 25, 2013
    This movie is great! quit downvoting this movie just because it isn't just like the book. movies based on books are almost always different than the book. (this is supposedly part one of three so quit complaining. you probably will get your battle of yonkers in part 2 or 3)
  50. Jul 2, 2013
    In my opinion this movie was awesome.It was no where near perfect,but it was fun and had me engaged the whole time.The story was amazing,but it had its fun and tense moments.Especially the first days after the outbreak and the final hallway scene.Actually any moment that involved infected was tense and fun.I really enjoyed this movie and i recomend it to any zombie fan.
  51. Jun 23, 2013
    Bred Patts is good ector. He be all in zombie face like the face of a zombie. Zombies also have good act and moksup and stuff. Movie sucks. 3/10 stars.
  52. Jun 23, 2013
    First off, I have not read the book, but I get what the general idea of it is. I went into this film with low expectations, with Brad Pitt being the main draw for me, but this film was fantastic! It more than exceeded my expectations and features an unusually smart script, a great performance by Brad Pitt, and surprisingly scary and intense sequences. But the biggest shocker of the film isFirst off, I have not read the book, but I get what the general idea of it is. I went into this film with low expectations, with Brad Pitt being the main draw for me, but this film was fantastic! It more than exceeded my expectations and features an unusually smart script, a great performance by Brad Pitt, and surprisingly scary and intense sequences. But the biggest shocker of the film is that the PG-13 rating actually works! It forced the filmmakers to be more creative and focus on actual tension and horror, rather than a zombie in the dark chewing on a human arm. The characters in the movie actually call them "zombies" unlike every other zombie film where people say "walkers" or something along those lines. Overall, a really fun, scary, and smart film that constantly surprises you and, while it doesn't re-define the genre, it effectively freshens up the zombie film genre. Expand
  53. Jun 23, 2013
    We finally get the zombie film we needed! There's plenty of zombie frights in this movie, unlike Resident Evil, and Brad Pitt brings a great performance to this film! Though the ending was rushed, its a great movie from beginning to end!
  54. Jun 21, 2013
    An edge of your seat, never let's go, smart and powerful thrill ride. The film makers achieved a great blend of a global perspective with out loosing the personal story. I haven't enjoyed a film this much in years.
  55. Jun 23, 2013
    This was a great summer blockbuster with a thrilling plot that kept you engaged. It was an impressive amount of science fiction and story for an action/zombie movie. Far superior to any other Zombie movie in history...and yes...even better than Night of the Living Dead.

The negative reviews must be from those that abhor action, zombie, and/or science fiction movies. No clue why you would watch this if you weren't into at least one of those categories (and I am not a big fan of action movies...tired of the car jumping the hill in downtown San Francisco...know what I mean).
  56. Jun 23, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of zombies, but I really liked this movie.
    I though the idea was very original, the way they figure out the 'cure' for the disease and even the kinda open ending, was very good. It has a little bit of everything, the love Gery shows for his family, a little bit of mistery and one or two surprise moments that make you jump of your seat. I don't regret seeing it in the movies.
  57. Jun 24, 2013
    This is not a horror film, not really a zombie film either. It's a plague film, and any gore porn fan will be disappointed to find that this is not a scary zombie film filled with guts and gore. What you will find is a very good story, a well paced and thrilling romp through the mind of a survivor. The story is solid, and has many harrow and life affirming moments for many of theThis is not a horror film, not really a zombie film either. It's a plague film, and any gore porn fan will be disappointed to find that this is not a scary zombie film filled with guts and gore. What you will find is a very good story, a well paced and thrilling romp through the mind of a survivor. The story is solid, and has many harrow and life affirming moments for many of the characters. Brad Pitt does a very good job in this film, and seems less plasticky than he does in some of his other films for me. I really liked the gasps from my fellow audience members, and the fact that I was on the edge of my seat during certain parts. I appreciated the lack of gratuitous gore, as it would have distracted from what this movie is really about, which is the human condition and it's ability to adapt and survive. It certainly made me want to go home and throw together a doomsday backpack of my own. Expand
  58. Jun 24, 2013
    Max Brooks has stated that the movie has nothing to do with his book, only that it has the same name. So there's no point in comparing the book to the movie, they're entirely separate things. Despite the lack of blood and gore, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I went for the "thrill" of having zombies sprinting and throwing themselves at people, it had everything an action movie wasMax Brooks has stated that the movie has nothing to do with his book, only that it has the same name. So there's no point in comparing the book to the movie, they're entirely separate things. Despite the lack of blood and gore, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I went for the "thrill" of having zombies sprinting and throwing themselves at people, it had everything an action movie was supposed to look like, can't say it's a horror genre though. The wall climbing of the zombies, that was new, and that was interesting to see. Only negative thing I can say about is the bad CGI effects, you couldn't even tell the zombies from the humans so it made the hordes of zombies really messy. But I have to say, the movie wasn't bad especially when people stop comparing it to the book (again, it has nothing to do with the amazing story of Max Brooks). Expand
  59. Jun 25, 2013
    Coming from knowing little of the books contents apart from it setting after the event of the film.This film grasped my attention quite quickly as for most of it not as predictable as most films in it genre which surprised. Worth a watch
  60. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a popcorn movie and a pretty intelligent one at that given the global threats of HIV/AIDS; hantivirus; SARS; Ebola and just the effing flu FCOL. We live in the a country (if you live in the USofA) where they are allowed to atomize pig and dead pig parts into the air and water. Where they feed dead diseased animals to chickens and then kill the chickens and send them to SAFEWAY and KFC.

I was on the edge of my seat until after the lab. SUPER film!!!!
  61. Jun 29, 2013
    This movie was one of the Brad Pitt's fine ones for now. Even though it was not really a parallel, complex and confusing movie yet the CGI and SFX was really a great job. One thing that really good about this movie is how they raise this "Geo-politic" issues that happened now. But, even though this zombie war in epic scale movie was great enough for zombies align movie, still no such thingThis movie was one of the Brad Pitt's fine ones for now. Even though it was not really a parallel, complex and confusing movie yet the CGI and SFX was really a great job. One thing that really good about this movie is how they raise this "Geo-politic" issues that happened now. But, even though this zombie war in epic scale movie was great enough for zombies align movie, still no such thing as memorable things and the solution was really cleared in the first state. Expand
  62. Jun 29, 2013
    As a huge fan of the book and someone who works 2 jobs at the movies and a book store, I had low expectations for the film. It definitely exceeded my expectations and another co-worker who loves the book even if it was entirely different, The third act that was added late at the lab definitely changed the movie, but I've seen worse from Resident Evil movies. It was well-acted, and thereAs a huge fan of the book and someone who works 2 jobs at the movies and a book store, I had low expectations for the film. It definitely exceeded my expectations and another co-worker who loves the book even if it was entirely different, The third act that was added late at the lab definitely changed the movie, but I've seen worse from Resident Evil movies. It was well-acted, and there was still a sense of humanity left when Gerry had to leave his family. For those who are complaining about the virus origin or the Battle of Yonkers being left out, understand that this is the first of a planned trilogy! Expand
  63. Jul 2, 2013
    To start off by saying that the movie was absolutely amazing. For once the zombies looked real it followed the story of the book well and had good characters. One complaint of mine about the movie was that they made it a bit difficult to follow because of skipping days and time. Another complaint is that they tried too hard to advertise company's like Pepsi and certain cars. Other thanTo start off by saying that the movie was absolutely amazing. For once the zombies looked real it followed the story of the book well and had good characters. One complaint of mine about the movie was that they made it a bit difficult to follow because of skipping days and time. Another complaint is that they tried too hard to advertise company's like Pepsi and certain cars. Other than that the movie was top notch. Expand
  64. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a good zombie movie Close to the universe of Brooks' books The film starts immediately and is rhythmed all long. The only drawbacks I can see are an "americanized" movie a bit caricatural and an ending a bit quick But it doesn't affect at all the fact that this movie is a great movie !

I recommend it
  65. Aug 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although the ending resembles other movies with hollywood cheese, the movie has a great word from the cast, awesome premise, and very intense and fun scenes. Expand
  66. Sep 5, 2013
    Started as mundane zombie movies, but the banality was removed at the end with a message. Generally, a movie is supposed to supply a good message and i believe this one did it pretty well "fight if you can, help each other, be prepared for anything". A good one to watch.
  67. Sep 20, 2013
    Great movie! Maybe is not like the book, but is really funny, creepy (in some moments), cool, the performances are great, the effects WOW amazing. World War Z is one of my favorite movies of this year.
  68. Sep 29, 2013
    I found this movie very enjoyable. I was nervous it was going to be like any other "zombie" movie, kind of like the Vampire fad had gotten really played out, but it wasn't anything like that. Honestly who gives a crap if it was nothing like the book. I haven't read the book, nor do I plan too. Reading is just not enjoyable for me. Only giving it a 9 because I am hoping they make a sequel.
  69. Dec 23, 2013
    The movie is great at what it aims to be: a disastermovie. It has not much to do with the book besides the name. If you want a scarry horrormovie this isn't for you. But if you want an entertaining adventure/disastermovie World War Z is great!
  70. Jun 25, 2014
    When you read this complete review, you'll be very surprised that I still gave World War Z (WWZ) this rating. That's because WWZ has one very big problem, which I will talk about. It's amazing though, that outside of that one problem, everything in WWZ is good enough for it to get a 9 out of 10. WWZ is very different from other zombie flicks. It's not filled with gore, and it's not likeWhen you read this complete review, you'll be very surprised that I still gave World War Z (WWZ) this rating. That's because WWZ has one very big problem, which I will talk about. It's amazing though, that outside of that one problem, everything in WWZ is good enough for it to get a 9 out of 10. WWZ is very different from other zombie flicks. It's not filled with gore, and it's not like The Walking Dead where they try to survive in a post-apocalypse world. It basically is, well, a world war with zombies. In terms of acting, WWZ's only shining star is Brad Pitt. Everybody else is basic. WWZ mixes up genres, too. It is a thriller, horror, and action movie. However, if you are a true die hard horror fan, you might be disappointed (wasn't a problem for me). WWZ's action is hard to describe. It is definitely intense and has good fear building, but it's not the kind of violence you'd expect. I loved the zombie action, but it's not exactly what Transformers fans would want. That's okay. It's beautifully shot, too. Some of the best parts come from when thousands to millions of zombies are piling up on each other to wreck havoc. I loved every single part of WWZ except....THE STORY AND ENDING. It starts off fairly good. As it progresses though, it just becomes so jumbled and convoluted. The plot can get dumb at times, too. It was a big problem as it went on. The conclusion leaves so much to be desired and it's one of those types that just screams "SEQUEL!". I hate those kind of endings. Besides the story and ending, WWZ is constantly entertaining. Expand
  71. Jul 27, 2014
    The story is very well-paced. The plot can constantly keep me interested. Acting is good. A lot of intense moment and action. Special effect / CG is also excellent. Quite a lot of unrealistic scene that don't really make sense though. I also think that the movie ends too suddenly. If you a fan of the book you can straight up give this movie a zero but if you are new to World War Z andThe story is very well-paced. The plot can constantly keep me interested. Acting is good. A lot of intense moment and action. Special effect / CG is also excellent. Quite a lot of unrealistic scene that don't really make sense though. I also think that the movie ends too suddenly. If you a fan of the book you can straight up give this movie a zero but if you are new to World War Z and simply want to watch an action-packed movie, this is the movie for you. BUT you are warned, if you are seeking for a horror movie, don't watch this. This is an exciting movie only. Expand
  72. Dec 5, 2014
    This is the only Zombie movie/show that makes you believe a zombie apocalypse could actually spread. Most zombies move slow and it takes hours or days for the bitten to turn but these zombies are fast and it takes 10 seconds to turn this makes you think the scenario is possible, slow zombies could never spread and would easily be contained. Forget the book, it was good and the movie isThis is the only Zombie movie/show that makes you believe a zombie apocalypse could actually spread. Most zombies move slow and it takes hours or days for the bitten to turn but these zombies are fast and it takes 10 seconds to turn this makes you think the scenario is possible, slow zombies could never spread and would easily be contained. Forget the book, it was good and the movie is good but the only thing in common is the tittle. Expand
  73. Jun 24, 2013
    Not sure if the "Z" means the last World War or if it stands for zombie. Either way, there's a worldwide outbreak of undead and Brad Pitt is dispatched by the UN to solve the crisis. The plot is standard formula (there's even a kid with asthma) and dotted with leaps of logic. The frantic fervor of the zombies is the only cool special effect. Throughout his worldwide quest, the action neverNot sure if the "Z" means the last World War or if it stands for zombie. Either way, there's a worldwide outbreak of undead and Brad Pitt is dispatched by the UN to solve the crisis. The plot is standard formula (there's even a kid with asthma) and dotted with leaps of logic. The frantic fervor of the zombies is the only cool special effect. Throughout his worldwide quest, the action never loses momentum and borders on gripping. Expand
  74. Jan 24, 2014
    One of the best zombie films I've seen. Heard lots about the production problems but if you put that to one side you get a taught, believable and exciting drama. Some of the acting is superb, though personally I thought Brad Pitt was out of his comfort zone playing this character - they should have got someone else to do it. For me he was actually the weakest character in the film. TheOne of the best zombie films I've seen. Heard lots about the production problems but if you put that to one side you get a taught, believable and exciting drama. Some of the acting is superb, though personally I thought Brad Pitt was out of his comfort zone playing this character - they should have got someone else to do it. For me he was actually the weakest character in the film. The epic nature of the plot captures the end of humanity in a very convincing way, last film I saw when it felt this good was war of the worlds. Some of the set-pieces, such as the attack on Jerusalem, are exhilarating. Ending felt very tacked on (as it actually was) and the change of pace at the end let the film end on a slightly disappointing note. However if you want a great zombie film then give this a try. Expand
  75. Jul 12, 2013
    Despite its mixed reviews, I went to see World War Z with no expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised. Interesting and clever, I can't think of any dull moment throughout.

I would guess that a lot of the disappointment comes from the relative lack of gore. The are plenty of scares, but they are the occasional jump scare and well-executed suspense, not grisly disembowelment and macabre set pieces.

There are a lot of comments that World War Z doesn't fare well as a zombie film, and I'd agree but with the caveat that it really isn't one. This is a thoughtful outbreak film, more along the lines of Contagion than visceral Romero massacre porn. Not to say that it's purely cerebral no excuse for apocalyptic carnage is passed up, with excellently executed special effects and a shocking explosion at least every twenty minutes, guaranteed.

It's not perfect I have to concede that the ending feels abrupt (although it came exactly when I was ready for it). Nevertheless I'd thoroughly recommend World War Z as a very entertaining and slightly brainier than average action contagion movie. NOT as a zombie flick.
  76. Sep 18, 2013
    I should preface this review by stating that I have not read the novel that this movie is based loosely off of. Therefore, my entire review is ignorant to any source material and is judging the movie as a stand alone film. As far as that goes, I thought this was one of the best zombie films ever made. Yes, it is plagued by the same exaggerations all zombie films suffer from. However, WorldI should preface this review by stating that I have not read the novel that this movie is based loosely off of. Therefore, my entire review is ignorant to any source material and is judging the movie as a stand alone film. As far as that goes, I thought this was one of the best zombie films ever made. Yes, it is plagued by the same exaggerations all zombie films suffer from. However, World War Z is actually a genuinely good movie, zombie nonsense aside. The acting, led by Brad Pitt, is fantastic and the plot develops well. The intensity in the movie starts up right away so there's no lag time to deal with while they develop the setting. The setting is already familiar... it's America today. The discovery of the zombie outbreak is part of the joy in watching the film and the initial sequence where you're first introduced to the situation is one of the most intense segments in recent memory. The action itself feels very realistic, aside from the aforementioned exaggerations that is. Pitt isn't made out to be some superhero or anything so he feel real too. The only real flaws for me were the exaggerations and that the ending felt like it was rushed. The entire two hours builds to this culmination that just ends right away and doesn't give you much closure. I suppose they were going for that with how they set the scene in the closing moments but from a viewer's perspective, I would've liked it a bit differently. Overall though, this is a great movie that most people will almost certainly enjoy. Expand
  77. Sep 20, 2013
    Like gold dust, a hefty-invested blockbuster with a problematic partial re-filming (including a complete overhaul of the ending owing to its financial curb) and a procrastinated release date could actually trounce its foreboding karma and pans out to be a competent money-maker in the bloodthirsty summer season, not to mention has earned itself a sensational caption as the highestLike gold dust, a hefty-invested blockbuster with a problematic partial re-filming (including a complete overhaul of the ending owing to its financial curb) and a procrastinated release date could actually trounce its foreboding karma and pans out to be a competent money-maker in the bloodthirsty summer season, not to mention has earned itself a sensational caption as the highest grossing film ever for the mega-star Brad Pitt”.

Directed by Marc Forster (QUANTUM OF SOLACE 2008, 7/10; STRANGER THAN FICTION 2006, 7/10; STAY 2005, 8/10; FINDING NEVERLAND 2004, 7/10; MONSTER’S BALL 2001, 7/10), who is to some extent oscillating between a major company’s hack and an accomplished auteur in the indiewood. WORLD WAR Z craftily grafts mind-blowing visual feasts onto an apocalyptic milieu with rapid-running zombies infected by unknown virus, and keep contaminating the residual humankind. The backstory sounds familiar but film constructs an alternative coda, not the hackneyed one-man-saves-the-world heroism, instead, it offers a more plausible expedient to both avoid the callow overkill and underscore the future with a bleaker hope for the story to continue.

The film never stray from a standard zombiefest routine, but the execution is commendable, an indeed white-knuckle experience from A to Z, the process of this prerogative family’s running away from a zombie-invading Philadelphia has been handled even-handedly, although Pitt’s wife and daughters would only be the burden for his further mission.

Bounding from South Korea to Jerusalem, then a considerably smaller-scaled finale inside a secular lab in Scotland, the film brings us a gripping journey but there is no superhero to save mankind.

In the South Korea chapter, an unexpected self-shooting accident happens out of the left field, in view of the executor’s seemingly essential role as the last straw to stop this mess. This is a wonderful surprise I don’t mind watching more on screens nowadays. Moreover, the treatment of silence is another feat creatively applied here, pretty contrasts to the common hubbub in the action pack, but as a corollary, there will be an inconvenient silence-breaker thanks to the unwitting wife’s timely call, otherwise, the act is too smooth and casualties can never be spared in this case (farewell, James Badge Dale).

However, the pinnacle no doubt should attribute to the raiding of City of David, excellent airborne shots render viewers a stately sacredness to witness the havoc, a sarcastic indication of a rabble of Muslims hymning cheerfully would insanely precipitate zombies to rally outside the bulwarks and eventually break into the city thanks to their umpteen quantities, which is a tad offensive but from the prospect of a non-believer, the irony is a bonanza since we are in desperation for some gallows humor under the circumstances.

Most dissenters would argue the reshoot of the final act (an original plan includes a massive combat sets in Moscow) is a letdown simply because it is not epic enough to culminate the prescribed “the bigger the better” adrenaline drive, nevertheless, this thriftier approach options a no-gut-no-glory scheme which turns out to be a fairly conducted indoor thriller, and one can even laugh about the ostentatious plugging of the beverage company during the revelational discovery. The cast is inherently viable, Pitt underplays his charisma to be more approachable, it is rather comforting to see Enos clench a major film role and she could have been a better fighter than her screen hubby.

In a nutshell, WORLD WAR Z is an entertaining popcorn fare, and doesn’t try to patronize and outsmart its audience and showboats its CGI stunts to offer a bombarding sense of instantaneous grandiosity, which ultimately will fall bland in aftertaste. This alone can make most tentpoles pale in comparison!
  78. Jun 27, 2013
    World War Z
    Director: Marc Forster
    Starring: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, James Badge Dale Runtime/Rated: PG-13, 1hr.55min Brad Pitt stars in and only BRAD PITT in the zombie war epic ‘World War Z’. What I mean with Mr. Pitt is that he’s the only character that matters, the movie shall be called ‘World War Brad Pitt’. Pitt plays Gerry Lane, a retired United Nations employee who must
    World War Z
    Director: Marc Forster
    Starring: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, James Badge Dale
    Runtime/Rated: PG-13, 1hr.55min

Brad Pitt stars in and only BRAD PITT in the zombie war epic ‘World War Z’. What I mean with Mr. Pitt is that he’s the only character that matters, the movie shall be called ‘World War Brad Pitt’. Pitt plays Gerry Lane, a retired United Nations employee who must travel the world to find a way to stop a zombie pandemic.

This movie is based on the book called (World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War) written by Max Brooks. I personally never read the book, but after watching the film, it has my interest in reading the book. I really enjoyed ‘World War Z’ very much, now it’s not the best summer movie out right now and with a competitive summer, I don’t know where it will rank afterwards, but still a very good movie overall. What I admired the most about this zombie film was the realism that it brought. From the extremely realistic acting from lead great Brad Pitt, to the realistic style of directing and techniques that Marc Forster brought. One of the biggest attributes to that tale was the shaky camera technique. The feel of the shaky camera felt terrifyingly real, where you didn’t really see the zombies that much but you knew they were lurking around trying to kill our protagonist. Another aspect of the film that I valued a lot was the focused and development on our main character Brad Pitt. The movie really didn’t feel like a zombie move at all, not until the end that is. The movie focused on it’s main character throughout the whole film and never shied away from it. You feel all the emotions that our main character goes through, which is very beneficial for this type of genre. (Again, this movie shall be called ‘World War Brad Pitt’. The movie is very entertaining from beginning to end. The first act of the movie is very surreal, it’s the opening act to a zombie outbreak, and boy is it full of chaos. The third act of the movie is even more intense and thrilling then the first act of the film, which is very interesting because the makers of the film had to re-shoot and re-write the entire third act of the movie. Therefore, it was very intriguing to see how they play out the third act. The whole movie is intense and thrilling and has great visuals effects; it’s a great summer flick. Yeah, it’s not the best summer movie out right now only because it’s been a great summer for movies so far but ‘World War Z’ is still a great movie, which it’s worth every penny, defiantly a full price film.
  79. Sep 8, 2013
    Must watch for all zombie movie fans.
    A surprisingly intense movie. Awesome acting by Brad Pitt.
    Did not have much expectation,pleasantly surprised.Bring on the sequel.
  80. Jul 4, 2013
    World War Z has a familiar feel to it considering all the zombie and apocalyptic movies that have been coming out lately, but it is certainly among the best of those movies. I was on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole movie and I liked how they wasted no time before starting the action. If I was to complain about anything it probably be the ending where it seemed like they wereWorld War Z has a familiar feel to it considering all the zombie and apocalyptic movies that have been coming out lately, but it is certainly among the best of those movies. I was on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole movie and I liked how they wasted no time before starting the action. If I was to complain about anything it probably be the ending where it seemed like they were setting the stage for a sequel. Expand
  81. Sep 5, 2013
    I read the book, and yes the movie isn't exactly like it.

Now that we got past the obvious... While the movie is not exactly like the book and clearly been redone for a movie it does follow the same premise of a journalist type guy trying to piece together and find out what happened to cause zombies. The book is really good, so if you liked the movie go read it. The movie itself
    I read the book, and yes the movie isn't exactly like it.

Now that we got past the obvious...

The movie itself starts really bad and is all about annoying kids, then once Brad Pitt gets separated it gets good. If you like zombie type movies you'll like it.
  82. Jan 6, 2014
    Grande título de 2013, um dos filmes que mais gostei do ano
  83. Mar 24, 2014
    I was expecting World War Z to be an over the top zombie movie, but it actually had a good story, and was fun to watch.I have not read the book, so I have no clue if it will live up to the expectations of those who have.
  84. Oct 5, 2013
    The first one and a half hour was a roller coaster ride. It was splendid. Fighting in South Korea, in the streets of Israel and inside a plane. The climax, unfortunately, dragged the tempo to a halt. Where it was epic in scale before, the movie decided to draw inward and concern itself with a petty WHO facility. That wasn't a very important event in the face of the worldwide pandemic. ItThe first one and a half hour was a roller coaster ride. It was splendid. Fighting in South Korea, in the streets of Israel and inside a plane. The climax, unfortunately, dragged the tempo to a halt. Where it was epic in scale before, the movie decided to draw inward and concern itself with a petty WHO facility. That wasn't a very important event in the face of the worldwide pandemic. It should have been resolved quickly and the scope once again returned to epic. That event, even if it was very difficult to resolve, was not worthy of the climax and should have not been afforded more than ten minutes. The climax should have been something more in tune with what had happened before it. The production values are of course brilliant and it shows. The zombies, in my opinion, have not been done better than this. Brad Pitt plays his usual suave self, unflustered by anything going on about. It could have been better. The Israeli actress was a pleasant surprise. She played her character with resolve and skill. Expand
  85. Jul 5, 2013
    For some parts of this movie, I was actually on the edge of my seat and found it rather thrilling. Brad Pitt is good and the others act decently enough, though the backgrounds of the characters aren't really explained thoroughly enough to make an impression, at least for me. The zombies are pretty cool, and scary to think about fast, strong, and more violent.

The lack of much blood and

The lack of much blood and gore is a disappointment, to be sure, but it still had some decent action scenes. There were several rather questionable parts where there was either a lack of logic or a big leap in it.

A decent movie.
  86. Jun 24, 2013
    Fairly speaking, World War Z the movie does NOT respect the original novel at all, however it is still a very good movie if it was not overshadowed by its novel counterpart.
  87. Jun 22, 2013
    this was one of the best zombie movie ive ever seen. its like dawn of the dead and left 4 dead mixed together. the story and characters were good though the ending could have been better and less... happy. the zombies in the movie were fast and unpredictable (Zombie ladder wtf XD) overall great film glad i saw it.
  88. Jun 27, 2013
    I thought that Max Brooks' "World War Z" was overrated because it lacked any real connection to any of the characters. The movie adaptation solves that problem to an extent, mostly because Brad Pitt can pretty much carry any movie he stars in. It's by no means a great movie, but it's suspenseful, thrilling entertainment for a few hours and worth seeing.
  89. Oct 30, 2013
    Its great game, I loved it...Great story,setting and acting.... This zombie movie however is totally different from Classic zombies where zombie bite you,walk terrible etc. This one, they move very fast like sport car and bite you and you turn in 12 seconds...Great film!
  90. Sep 12, 2013
    I originally had low expectations for this movie (even as a huge fan of
    the Walking Dead, I'm feeling "zombie-fatigued"). But the idea that
    zombies are both fast and "swarm" (like ants crawling on top of each other) to climb a huge wall is a unique twist that could make this movie fun to watch (written May 2013). And it ended up being a blast. It introduced an original story-line to
    I originally had low expectations for this movie (even as a huge fan of
    the Walking Dead, I'm feeling "zombie-fatigued"). But the idea that
    zombies are both fast and "swarm" (like ants crawling on top of each
    other) to climb a huge wall is a unique twist that could make this
    movie fun to watch (written May 2013).

And it ended up being a blast. It introduced an original story-line to
    the zombie-apocalypse genre. First, an origin to why the zombie plague
    started. Second, the potential for a cure? And lastly, Brad Pitt as the
    best dad/survivalist ever. If I had to pick my team to battle the
    zombie apocalypse, I'd want Brad on my team, no matter that he is 20
    times more handsome than me. (written July 2013)

After-note: If you saw the movie, don't read the book. In this rare
    case, the book falls short of the movie. The book is told in
    "documentary-style" based on memos etc. that recall the events "after"
    World War Z. The movie tells it in real-time which is how it should be
    experienced.
  91. Sep 11, 2013
    When you watch this film, don't expect the book. They've had to adapt it to the hollywood screen and I feel it's a fantastic adaption. The story is told at a good pace, with really solid acting throughout especially from Brad Pitt. It's mostly an action film, with occasional moments of gore and horror. But all in all, an entertaining film well worth a watch.
  92. Jul 19, 2013
    If Left 4 Dead had a movie, World War Z is the prequel in the military government view of a zombie scenario. Forget about the name, The famous World War Z book.
  93. Jun 29, 2013
    Thoroughly entertaining, tense, and visually awesome. Only minor complaints here.
    This is probably the best summer movie I've seen so far. Liked it better then Iron Man 3 (uneven, and not quite fun enough), Star Trek 2 (didn't get into the story, but liked the special effects), Great Gatsby etc.
  94. Jun 23, 2013
    Good summer movie. They should of made it R rated. CGI could of been better. Script needed more work. But with all that said, it will entertain you. The ending wasn't as bad as some made it out to be, just to abrupt.
  95. Jul 4, 2013
    World War Z is a movie that (thankfully) got to the action parts of the movie very close to the beginning and at the same time got you very informed as to what was going on. This movie let other subjects and problems intervene into the story but unlike many other zombie movies, managed to not let the fact that there was a giant zombie invasion turn into a minority.
  96. Jun 23, 2013
    With a world-sweeping plot reminiscent of Steven Soderberg’s Contagion, an intense, kinetic pace tastefully interspersed with snappy dialogue, and a leading man, in Brad Pitt, up to the task of anchoring it all in the realm of suspended disbelief, World War Z may very well be the best modern zombie film yet to grace cinemas.

To say it was an arduous task to deliver the movie might be

To say it was an arduous task to deliver the movie might be this year’s movie-related understatement, and there have been and there still remain many doubts as to whether or not it would all be worthwhile.

Based on the novel, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, penned by Max Brooks, the son of comedy filmmaking legend Mel Brooks and actress Ann Bancroft, the movie’s script went through several difficult and drastic alterations before filming wrapped in October of last year. Initially adapted in 2008 by sci-fi and comic book scribe J. Michael Straczynski, the screenplay went through a complete overhaul by Matthew Michael Carnahan, whose debut film, The Kingdom, delivered the kind of politically-infused action Paramount Studios and Pitt’s production company, Plan B, were looking for.

For the rest of the review, please visit:
  97. Jun 24, 2013
    Have not read the book- but it was as a movie, so captivating, enjoying and terrifying. Much of it seemed too real.
    there were weak points, yes, but I would see it again, and soon. well-done and I think it did it's job as a movie.
  98. Jun 26, 2013
    I'm a HUGE fan of Post-Apocalyptic movies, and even more so of ZOMBIES. Waiting around for this movie to be released was far from easy, being that I rarely struggle waiting for releases. Before watching it, I had read few reviews and I was worried. As an zombie-genre lover, I had high expectations, especially with how mass-scale World War Z's approach seemed. (FYI- I have not read theI'm a HUGE fan of Post-Apocalyptic movies, and even more so of ZOMBIES. Waiting around for this movie to be released was far from easy, being that I rarely struggle waiting for releases. Before watching it, I had read few reviews and I was worried. As an zombie-genre lover, I had high expectations, especially with how mass-scale World War Z's approach seemed. (FYI- I have not read the book, and my critique is strictly from a ZOMBIE-Fanatic perspective)

Immersion is what I look forward to the most with these types of films, and while I did manage to experience several moments of shock/surprise- moments that led me to laugh at myself.... my immersion was broken due to stupidity and foolishness exhibited in certain moments of the film.

When the hits the fan, anyone that makes it out unscathed does so due to Darwinistic principles. Survival of the fittest. Survivors don't survive out of luck, they do so out of anxiety and precaution that led them to make the right choices. These wrong vs right choices/moments, while providing the plot with "cool scenes of epic chaos and fearful madness" ultimately pissed me off. The reason they pissed me off is because instead of sticking to that survivalist theme, there was a serious lack of common sense exhibited by the characters during many moments, which broke my immersion because instantly I found myself saying "WTF?! Who does that!?" or "How can you be so careless, how did they make it this far?"

Overall, the film does a decent job of taking you from Point A all the way to Point Z. Unfortunately, the way it does so does not always hit each letter with excellence, and at times makes it seem like they skipped over a few important letters. In the end, it gives viewers enough action to feel the rush, enough resolution to walk out of the theater happy about life, but not enough emotion to feel satisfied with the complete package.

This 3 course meal has a great appetizer, an above average main course, and a sweet-yet poorly structured dessert that cheapens the meal, and makes it harder to stomach especially for those whom have patiently waiting, and starving for a good zombie-flick. I would give it a 7.5, but instead I'm giving it an 8.

If it weren't for the low expectations I had after reading these reviews, I wouldn't have enjoyed the film as much as I did.
  99. Nov 25, 2013
    Unlike other zombie movies ‘World War Z’ isn't scary or disturbing. It has a resourceful hero played by Brad Pitt, a constant race against time in various regions of the world, large-scale, well-directed action (the opening sequence in the city center conveys the sense of panic and death) and secondary characters who aren't decorative. There are some plot holes (no armour is used againstUnlike other zombie movies ‘World War Z’ isn't scary or disturbing. It has a resourceful hero played by Brad Pitt, a constant race against time in various regions of the world, large-scale, well-directed action (the opening sequence in the city center conveys the sense of panic and death) and secondary characters who aren't decorative. There are some plot holes (no armour is used against the undead, the Israelites do not supervise the area beyond their wall) and the climax is not strong enough but generally this is a satisfying film.
    argonautis.eu
  100. Jul 8, 2013
    World War Z is, despite dull moments and being uneven sometimes, it is thought provoking, intense and a powerful movie about the collapse of humanity. World War Z has a great action build up and a clever plot that will stay with you for some time. The acting is first rate and truthful with some dazzling visuals and practical effects. World War Z has good editing and a great directing.World War Z is, despite dull moments and being uneven sometimes, it is thought provoking, intense and a powerful movie about the collapse of humanity. World War Z has a great action build up and a clever plot that will stay with you for some time. The acting is first rate and truthful with some dazzling visuals and practical effects. World War Z has good editing and a great directing. Watch it as soon as possible and often you get some good "end of the world" movie type. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jun 29, 2013
    World War Z is the most gratifying action spectacle in years, and one reason for its success if the Pitt doesn't play a superhero. [1 July 2013, p.76]
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Director Marc Forster is very good at amping up the terror, but after a while, we reach zombie overload and we might as well be watching an infestation of Transformers.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jun 21, 2013
    Given how efficiently World War Z has delivered jolts and screams over the course of its sleek 116-minute running time, it’s easy to forgive this rushed and slightly muted finale.