8.5

1. May 25, 2014
    Such a wonderful film i can not believe i did not see this in theaters. Everything from the dialog to the CGI was perfect. One of the best films of 2012 and the movie that iv'e had the most fun watching in 2013 so far. For me it's the best video game related movie ever easily. all the characters all the little references had me laughing from start to finish.

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was
    perfect i don't think they could have picked anyone better for the voice acting. Vanellope(Sarah Silverman) was my favorite character for sure she was so cute and so funny and almost everything she said had me smiling. Felix(Jack McBrayer) was like his every day person well at least how he acts like how he acts in all his movies or t.v. shows a funny but still kinda shy guy still he is great. Calhoun(Jane Lynch) was great and funny but still brutal for her character got to love a woman that can kick some butt =P

Im so glad that i finally watched this movie i had bought it off Playstation network but the blu ray release is soon and i will be buying this on blu ray. Overall i give this movie a solid 8.5 and i will for sure be watching this movie a couple more time this year
  2. May 22, 2014
    I Love Video Games so much! This is one of them. some them I know. Hero's Duty? Good joke for that! HA! Love that Joke! Other jokes like when ralph goes into the chocolate river and does that darth Vader Breath. Nice!!!
  3. May 10, 2014
    Wreck It Ralph is one of the best movies that Disney's made so far in this century. For me, its somewhere between Frozen and Tangled. Wreck It Ralph is very creative, and will likely appeal to gamers more than anyone else. That's not to say that there isn't something here if you're not a gamer, in fact there's a hell of a lot here to enjoy. There's a lot of heart and fun in the movie, and it delivers a strong message for the kids. Although I enjoy Tangled as a whole more, I think Wreck It Ralph has far superior themes and messages. The relationship between Ralph and Vanellope is really touching and believable. Although the two characters are not related, Wreck It Ralph conveys a much stronger sibling bond than Frozen managed to achieve. Wreck It Ralph is great, and its definitely one of Disney's more underrated films. Expand
  4. Apr 27, 2014
    I have loved John C Reilly ever since I watched Chicago. Now this is the perfect voice role for him, you never have trouble believing that Ralph is exactly how he looks, which is odd. Wreck it Ralph is so unique, the people at Disney are just getting more and more creative. Wish I had their imaginative talent! This is amazing, I loved the way they could travel from game to game via wires, so creative! The characters are lovable and Vanellope is so cute! The fact the movie centres around 3 main game worlds shows how much they have thought about it. Wreck it ralph is kind of neutral ground, Heroes duty is aimed more at the male population and then of course Sugar Rush is aimed more at the female population. That is so clever as regardless if you agree with those stereotypes there will be one world you prefer, but this keeps everyone interested at some point of the movie. Thumbs up! Expand
  5. Apr 24, 2014
    Wreck-it Ralph is one of the most original, sweet, and funny Disney movies to come out in years. Everything in the movie is colorful and dazzling, and it takes you back to the retro era of video gaming. It's message and heart are the best parts about it.
  6. Apr 18, 2014
    This was silly Epic! I was surprised to find myself loving everything about it. It`s great in every way. It`s funny and has a good message. The characters are easy to like and root for.
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    The Greatest Video Game movie of all time! I loved it. I thought Disney did a masterful job on this movie! It has a lot of great references to different video games out there like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Tapper, Super Mario Bros and many others! Of course it's not just the references that make the movie brilliant, I also thought the story was fantastic, it had some good humor and a lot of "heart" to it. I do agree with a lot of people with the whole fact that this movie may have spent a little too much time in the Sugar Rush game; I would've liked it if they would've just explored other different games. Of course I understand that Disney couldn't just pull references out in every nook in cranny probably due to the copyrighting section of their budget. But I love what this films offers, I think that anyone could enjoy this game even if you are not a gamer. It so great to finally see a movie about video games that is actually good, because there are so many video game movies made out there that have been epic fails, but Wreck-It Ralph is a huge exception. Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    i love wreck it ralph its everything i seen in an animated film but not like this . there should be more violent but still loved it . but sugar rush is for gay girls and boys which i hated in this film
  9. Mar 12, 2014
    Let me tell you: I am not a fan of Disney movies at all, but this one right here, is one that just can't be ignored. Wreck It Ralph is one of the most cleverly written and created films ever made by Disney, possibly even further than just Disney.
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a clever, entertaining video-game based movie. It's also funny, touching, and I had a lot of fun with this film. What I would have liked to have seen more were characters based of from video games in reality. But other than that, this movie was just great.
  11. Mar 4, 2014
    The concept and animation is just brilliant. Although the constant cameos and popular references, the occasional over-use of wordplay and a slight lack of emotional connection drag it down slightly, especially when compared to other recent Disney entries, it's still a great family film.
  12. Feb 5, 2014
    Classic video games character cameos and video games come to life in a hyper detailed CGI world. Sold. Unfortunately this movie falls flat overall. Too many characters, overly tricky plot twists and really is two plots smashed together. This movie really should have been called "Sugar Rush" because Ralph's overarching plot seems lost in the meat of the film's race and betrayal story.

The ensemble video game cast of characters never really gels for me in the same way as the toys do in Toy Story or Finding Nemo. I'm still waiting for an awesome video game move. Like Tron this one falls short of the mark.
  13. Jan 23, 2014
    An excellent tribute to games that have passed, Ralph features an outstanding voice cast, amazing visuals, and hilarious video game references that will make anyone smile.
  14. Dec 31, 2013
    Um das animações mais divertida dos estúdios Dinsey, e com certeza uma das minha favoritas. História, cenários, efeitos sons são bem trabalhado e personagens divertidos.
  15. Dec 29, 2013
    This movie is my most absolute number 1 favourite disney movie, its cleaver, funny and IT HAS GAME CHARACTERS IN IT! which is brilliant because this title has limitless potential for future sequals, its got something for everyone you could possibly want in a Disney film, I never used to be a huge fan but now I am!
  16. Dec 27, 2013
    Manichean characters are some typical things in Disney features but in "Wreck-It Ralph" tries to call into question this. Neither good people are so good neither bad people are so bad. "Tangled" is good, "Wreck-It Ralph" is better.
  17. Dec 26, 2013
    A surprisingly brilliant film, has plenty of both funny and sad parts, as per usual from Disney, and as a gamer the multitude of game references were nice.
  18. Dec 21, 2013
    At first, just not convincing, but after half hour of movie, he turns, the characters take you, and come on, a happy ending once in a while is always good.
  19. Dec 11, 2013
    I love this movie! It's great for kids and adults.(I'm 17-years-old). The voice acting is phenomenal and the animation is terrific! There was never a point in the movie where i felt bored, it was pretty funny and it had a heart-touching story line!! I SERIOUSLY recommend for people of all ages to watch this movie.
  20. Dec 9, 2013
    This is one of the greatest animated movies that I have ever seen. I would say that it is amazing to a level par to Toy Story. Every character was portrayed well. The plot was exciting and not too predictable. My favorite part, however, was that the characters weren't people. They had their own issues, and the making it relate-able to the human viewers was executed magnificently. The humor was rich and the story decently captivating. Amazing. Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph is easily one of the best animations i have ever seen, the idea behind it is so creative and so beautiful that keeps you in excitement and anticipation the entire time, it's a class A movie with all it's element, from the voices to the story to the picture. and this one deserved the Oscar for best animated film more than Brave by miles.
  22. Nov 13, 2013
    Oh yeah. This movie is HILARIOUS! If you are a big fan of video games, then you will fall IN LOVE with this movie. I used to think this movie was stupid, then I watched it, and I changed my mind. It's anything but!
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Excellent film....it has a lot of excitement and diversity in the plot....but......it will never match the impact that has given us by the "Toy Story" series.....
  24. Nov 4, 2013
    A charming, funny, and heart-warming animated movie that acts as a love letter to video games. Honestly it's impressive to see an animated movie this good come from Disney and it not have Pixar's name attached to it. The characters and story are charming, the animation is superb, and the voice acting is excellent. The movie may be about the title character, but it's Sarah Silverman's "Vanellope" that ends up stealing the show.

Kids are going to love this for it's characters, humor, and all around kid friendliness. However adults will love it for the exact same reason, and for it's numerous video game references. Honestly this is an excellent movie for gamers of all ages. It provides an excellent look at the interactive form of entertainment so many of us love. There are also numerous references to popular video games hidden throughout the film, some more subtle than others. This film pleased both the gamer and the movie fan within me.

"Wreck-It-Ralph" is a real treat, and just like the best Pixar movies both kids and adults will love every second of this film. A perfect movie for parents to watch with their kids. Heck it's good enough that parents don't even need their kids to watch this. This is a must watch for gamers alone just for the references hidden throughout. It's nice to see a film that portrays video games, not just as a worthless waste of time, but as a form of entertainment that is filled with characters and stories we can all love. Needless to say I highly recommend this movie.
  25. Oct 27, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph Movie Review

Wreck it Ralph is one of the greatest animated movies that is thrilling, hilarious, creative, and full of emotions. Audiences can understand Ralph’s perspective of feeling like a “nobody.” The story line flows very well and is great for children of all ages. The movie is about a game character who struggles to become a hero by obtaining a medal. Ralph
    strives to become a hero by surviving in another game called “Hero’s Duty.” Although he won the medal, he accidentally brings a “cy-bug” with him which can jeopardize the whole game system. Ralph and Vanellope have explored Candy Land adventures and met an enemy called “King Candy” which then gives a great twist to the story. In my perspective, Wreck it Ralph does not need any improvements since it effectively presents a successful story of Ralph finding his own true meaning of himself and is seen as a hero all along. I think the director of this movie did a wonderful job in creating each scene and making sure it flows smoothly until the very end. Overall, the movie is thrilling and did not fail to entertain the audience and myself.

Literary: The spoken language is completely English and each of the main characters changes through out the film by further exploring their inner personality. The main issue of the movie is that Ralph fails to become a hero since he is always the “bad guy.” Ralph's situation with the cy-bug caused more problems and have jeopardized the game system.. The story was very interesting to me since the plot was well developed and characters had very unique personalities.
    Dramatic: The setting of this movie was very extraordinary. All the features in “Candy Land” were made out of candy and most of these candies were from Willy Wonka Company. The colorful backgrounds and scenery were very impressive and creative.
    Cinematic: In several scenes of the movie, the music flowed very well with the action of the characters. I believe the music is appropriate and fits well with the scenarios. The music is fun, playful, and great for children.
  26. Oct 11, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is a unique film for Disney because it does not feel like a Disney movie at all. Its atmosphere and characters are more reminiscent of that of an old school Pixar film (ex. Monsters Inc.). That being said it is not a great film. It can be tad cliché at times and the characters could have used a bit more development but for a Disney film it was pretty impressive. It is great to see Disney break away from their traditional formula and create something more original and inspired. As a result, Disney was able to create an enjoyable film, more original than Brave, that is definitely worth a watch. If you felt that Brave was good but unoriginal and want something more inspired than definitely check this film out. Wreck-It Ralph feels more like a Pixar film than a Disney film and if Disney keeps this sort of creativity up, I’m sure they’ll get back to their heyday soon enough. Expand
  27. Sep 7, 2013
    I'll be honest, I went into Wreck It Ralph thinking it would be a cheesy kids movie with little plot, just 90 minutes of childish humor. I admit that I was way off. After seeing this movie four times, I can say that I still laugh and enjoy the film.

Our main character is Ralph (John C. Reilly) who belongs in the arcade game Wreck It Ralph. Ralph's home is moved and replaced by a complex
    full of people knows as "NiceLanders." Ralph upset by this wrecks the building and it is fixed by Felix (Jack McBrayer.) That is the game that the arcade users play.

On the games anniversary, Ralph is not invited and wrecks the building for real this time because all he wants is a medal and to be a good guy for once. He decides to leave his own game and try to win a medal in others. He meets Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch) in one game (Heroes Duty) and takes accidently flies a space pod into a candy racing game, (Sugar Rush) where he meets a girl named Vanellope von Schweetz. (Sarah Silverman)

We first meet Vanellope when she takes Ralph's medal. Throughout the movie we see her character evolve into a better person. Ralph starts to show emotion toward Vanellope which we can clearly see especially when Ralph teaches her how to drive a racecar. Vanellope usually gets picked on because she is called a glitch. She isn't allowed to race because if she crosses the finish line the entire game resets so she used Ralph's medal to enter the race. The movie takes a very unexpected turn and has a powerful ending.

I loved Wreck It Ralph enough to see it multiple times with friends and independently and have had great reactions from friends who watched it. Disney/Pixar really got this movie right and I am hoping for a sequel in the future.
  28. Aug 7, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph was a huge surprise to me. Not only it has excellent graphics but it is really touching and moving. I don't really watch animation movies but this movie was a simply perfection. I saw Brave too which was good but not as good as wreck-it Ralph. I can't say something about the acting but all this atmosphere of the games and everything in that film made me feel like a little child again. It is one of the best animation movies that I have ever seen and I would recommend it to everyone regardless their age. Should have won that Oscar as it was much much better than Brave A must-watch Expand
  29. Aug 2, 2013
    Wow, Wreck-it-Ralph is great (not that I'm surprised)! It's a nice, geeky and comedic movie which brings game characters old and new together. It has a charming story of how a bad guy wants to become a good guy; the story manages to be emotional and thrilling most likely it would appeal to all age audiences (except from maybe old people with their "Back in my day!" thing...). One thing that is done really well is that it lets you get to know the characters and what they're like; basically the characterization is done well (especially with Ralph and Venelope.). To conclude: this film is exciting and emotional and would appeal to most audiences with it's light-hearted humour and... annoying world wide liked music (witch: unfortunately... Do not like, but it does fit in with the film very well). So I give this film a... 90/100! Expand
  30. Jul 22, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is another fantastic animation from Disney. If you are a fan of videogames, you cannot afford to miss this treasure trove of nods and references. Better still, the movie has real heart and soul. And some good laughs to boot.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.