8.4

1. Apr 24, 2014
    Wreck-it Ralph is one of the most original, sweet, and funny Disney movies to come out in years. Everything in the movie is colorful and dazzling, and it takes you back to the retro era of video gaming. It's message and heart are the best parts about it.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    This latest animation from Disney takes place in a world of video games. John C. Reilly voices the titlular character, who's frustrated with being the bad guy and escapes into other games to prove himself. The pacing never lags and the visuals are snappy and colorful. Supporting voices like Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch add personality. I never played video games, so someThis latest animation from Disney takes place in a world of video games. John C. Reilly voices the titlular character, who's frustrated with being the bad guy and escapes into other games to prove himself. The pacing never lags and the visuals are snappy and colorful. Supporting voices like Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch add personality. I never played video games, so some of the old game references were lost on me, but there weren't that many inside jokes for grown-ups. Kids should find this cute and sweet. BTW, there's a charming, but very grown up black and white animation that preceeds the feature. Expand
  3. Nov 4, 2013
    A charming, funny, and heart-warming animated movie that acts as a love letter to video games. Honestly it's impressive to see an animated movie this good come from Disney and it not have Pixar's name attached to it. The characters and story are charming, the animation is superb, and the voice acting is excellent. The movie may be about the title character, but it's Sarah Silverman'sA charming, funny, and heart-warming animated movie that acts as a love letter to video games. Honestly it's impressive to see an animated movie this good come from Disney and it not have Pixar's name attached to it. The characters and story are charming, the animation is superb, and the voice acting is excellent. The movie may be about the title character, but it's Sarah Silverman's "Vanellope" that ends up stealing the show.

Kids are going to love this for it's characters, humor, and all around kid friendliness. However adults will love it for the exact same reason, and for it's numerous video game references. Honestly this is an excellent movie for gamers of all ages. It provides an excellent look at the interactive form of entertainment so many of us love. There are also numerous references to popular video games hidden throughout the film, some more subtle than others. This film pleased both the gamer and the movie fan within me.

"Wreck-It-Ralph" is a real treat, and just like the best Pixar movies both kids and adults will love every second of this film. A perfect movie for parents to watch with their kids. Heck it's good enough that parents don't even need their kids to watch this. This is a must watch for gamers alone just for the references hidden throughout. It's nice to see a film that portrays video games, not just as a worthless waste of time, but as a form of entertainment that is filled with characters and stories we can all love. Needless to say I highly recommend this movie.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Spearheaded by pristine animation, an intricate story, and a talented vocal cast, Disney Animation's love letter to video games proves to be both affecting and amusing.
  5. Mar 10, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph is the best animated film since Toy Story 3. All the characters in this film help to create a story that could become a very nice franchise.
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    i love wreck it ralph its everything i seen in an animated film but not like this . there should be more violent but still loved it . but sugar rush is for gay girls and boys which i hated in this film
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is another fantastic animation from Disney. If you are a fan of videogames, you cannot afford to miss this treasure trove of nods and references. Better still, the movie has real heart and soul. And some good laughs to boot.
  8. Nov 4, 2012
    If you ask me, this is great enough to be a pixar film. Its the most fun i've had with an animated film since "Toy Story 3". If you were one of many who were dissappointed by "Brave", then check this out. It has the charm and great characters of a Pixar movie, coupled with some great humor that seems to take inspiration from Dreamworks Animation. At first, the title character Ralph seemsIf you ask me, this is great enough to be a pixar film. Its the most fun i've had with an animated film since "Toy Story 3". If you were one of many who were dissappointed by "Brave", then check this out. It has the charm and great characters of a Pixar movie, coupled with some great humor that seems to take inspiration from Dreamworks Animation. At first, the title character Ralph seems mean-spirited, but he later turns out to be a great hero. Older viewers will recognize the games shown and feel the nostalgia, and younger viewers will appreciate the colorful animation. But what older and younger viewers can agree on is that Wreck-it Ralph's storytelling and emotion is top notch. Expand
  9. Nov 18, 2012
    A 3D cinema-going for the weekend of this latest Disney animation (by the luckiest chance I found one in its mother tongue). Being mainly ignorant towards the video games territory, which surprisingly did
  10. Feb 3, 2013
    Wreck-It-Ralph is hilarious, smart, heartwarming, and manages to bring you into a fantastic world. It features great voice acting and clever jokes for all ages. I give this film 96%.
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    Saw it in theaters, in 3D, loved it. Smart, funny, touching, different...W-I R was a great experience. I really like seeing Disney making great movies again.
  12. Apr 18, 2013
    Fear not, there's enough pop culture references and nostalgic homages to go around, for Wreck-It Ralph is a true bow to a culture and time that only now seems to live on in the arcade.
    Ralph (John C. Reilly) is fed up of being the villain in the Fix-It Felix game, he has no friends, lives in a dump (literally) and longs of being accepted in the wide world of his video game counterparts. As he makes it his point to get a medal and be accepted, we are introduced to childhood heroes reborn, everyone from the Pac-Man universe to Street Fighter and even a little Metal Gear Solid reference.
    There is a whole protocol within each game machine that when the arcade closes, they are free to explore each machine, and the film references on countless occasions just how limited technology was in these games, pixels fill the movement of various characters, showing the comparison between then and now (look at that High Definition, your face; its amazing).
    The film attempts to of course paint the sort of Toy Story picture of what do toys do when nobody is around, they live their lives, all the villains of all the games meet up at Pac Mans machine, where Blinky holds a support group for the villains, and this is truly one of the funniest parts of the film.
    The story does see Ralph trying his best to get a medal, but unfortunately creates an event which could destroy his own gaming machine for good, as he stumbles into the candy world which unfortunately has the cutest and most loveable glitch in small girl Vanellope, who just wants to race her sweet kart (it is literally made up of sweets). But Ralph must be careful because as Sonic says, if you die in another game, you cannot regenerate, ever.
    In regards to visuals, Wreck-It Ralph manages to achieve both the 2-D and 3-D universe seamlessly, which brings past characters to life while also bearing the resemblance of how we remember them.
    The story has the perfect voice cast with Reilly joined by Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch,
    Its the visual gags that really make this film funny, taking cues from Pixar, and this very well could be mistaken for a Pixar film, but Disney have managed to make kids and adults happy alike whether the characters are running through the high-def world of Hero's Duty or indeed the Pac-Man word, Wreck-It Ralph is a wonderfully funny and well written piece that will amuse everyone.
  13. Feb 10, 2013
    Inspired writing elevates this ingenious and delightful toon high above many of the more recent anaemic offerings. The visuals and design aspect of the animation is truly innovative. Eye poppingly imaginative in its colour and beauty and there are some great gags and one liners that will appeal to adults whilst the kids get caught up in the technical wizardry of the computer game worlds.Inspired writing elevates this ingenious and delightful toon high above many of the more recent anaemic offerings. The visuals and design aspect of the animation is truly innovative. Eye poppingly imaginative in its colour and beauty and there are some great gags and one liners that will appeal to adults whilst the kids get caught up in the technical wizardry of the computer game worlds. John C Reilly provides a perfect fit for the voice of Ralph and Jane Lynch matches him all the way as the take no prisoners Sgt Calhoun. It is also refreshing to have a surprise villain hijack the picture at the end. In most animated films the villains are usually obviously presented or signposted well in advance. Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2013
    Video game adaptations are always terrible, from Doom (only memorable for its 2 minute FPS sequence) to the god awful Max Payne (unlike Doom it has no redeeming features at all). This simple fact meant I wasn't looking forward to Wreck it Ralph at all. The film follows Wreck it Ralph (John C Reilly), the main villain in the game Fix it Felix Jr, a game where Ralph feels nothing but underVideo game adaptations are always terrible, from Doom (only memorable for its 2 minute FPS sequence) to the god awful Max Payne (unlike Doom it has no redeeming features at all). This simple fact meant I wasn't looking forward to Wreck it Ralph at all. The film follows Wreck it Ralph (John C Reilly), the main villain in the game Fix it Felix Jr, a game where Ralph feels nothing but under appreciated. Because of this he decides to game jump and in search of more pixilated pastures. This brings hum to a game called Sugar Rush where he meets Penelope (Sarah Silverman), a young girl with problems that he decides to help due to their similarities. Meanwhile Felix searches for Ralph to get him to return to the game so it doesn't get unplugged for good. The film cleverly creates a world of games instead of concentrating on just one. This is how Wreck it Ralph manages to avoid the curse of the video game adaptation. It manages to be original while referencing old games in passing. The film acts as an homage, not just to retro games but the culture of gaming in general making for a very moving and culturally relevant film that will resonate with kids, adults and even the more hardcore gamers. It's story is well constructed as it establishes a world with endless franchise possibilities but it also creates a genuine conflict and risk for these characters making their journey throughout the film quite tense at times. The adventures they go on are dangerous and because of this they are thrilling. The film does drag in its opening 30 minutes but so did the first Toy Story, its a film creating a world from scratch and ultimately you have to give it the time to do so. The film however does lack a decent villain with its ending suffering in some ways because of it but as a problem it is only a subtle one. The film engages with the viewer through Ralph, who is a thoroughly empathetic lead and incredibly entertaining in both his clumsiness and his heart. The father daughter relationship between him and Penelope is the heart and soul of the picture and makes for an emotional finale even though there is no real tense climax. Ultimately its a film that works because of how clever it is and how good a lead character Ralph is. John C Reilly is a dynamic lead and gives Ralph an everyman kind of quality that makes it easy to like him. It's a Disney film with the heart and power of a Pixar movie and after 2010's Tangled it bodes well for Disney animations in general. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    I really enjoyed the look of the movie, and the 3D is good as well. The script, however was a little weak. I loved the originality of the story, but it simply wasn't funny enough. Even the kids in the theater weren't laughing all that much. I was also a little disappointed that Ralph didn't visit more games. The previews made it look like he was a rogue character that escaped from hisI really enjoyed the look of the movie, and the 3D is good as well. The script, however was a little weak. I loved the originality of the story, but it simply wasn't funny enough. Even the kids in the theater weren't laughing all that much. I was also a little disappointed that Ralph didn't visit more games. The previews made it look like he was a rogue character that escaped from his game and went to others, but he only visited two other games and most of the movie took place in the Candy game. That's where the movie got a little too routine for me. Still, it was entertaining enough to give it a pass. Not one of Disney's best movies, and certainly not in the league of "Tangled". Expand
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is a unique film for Disney because it does not feel like a Disney movie at all. Its atmosphere and characters are more reminiscent of that of an old school Pixar film (ex. Monsters Inc.). That being said it is not a great film. It can be tad cliché at times and the characters could have used a bit more development but for a Disney film it was pretty impressive. It is greatWreck-It Ralph is a unique film for Disney because it does not feel like a Disney movie at all. Its atmosphere and characters are more reminiscent of that of an old school Pixar film (ex. Monsters Inc.). That being said it is not a great film. It can be tad cliché at times and the characters could have used a bit more development but for a Disney film it was pretty impressive. It is great to see Disney break away from their traditional formula and create something more original and inspired. As a result, Disney was able to create an enjoyable film, more original than Brave, that is definitely worth a watch. If you felt that Brave was good but unoriginal and want something more inspired than definitely check this film out. Wreck-It Ralph feels more like a Pixar film than a Disney film and if Disney keeps this sort of creativity up, I’m sure they’ll get back to their heyday soon enough. Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a clever, entertaining video-game based movie. It's also funny, touching, and I had a lot of fun with this film. What I would have liked to have seen more were characters based of from video games in reality. But other than that, this movie was just great.
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    It's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film prettyIt's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film pretty much had everything to be the success that it was. Overall a must-see for Disney fans out there! Expand
  19. Apr 13, 2013
    I love a tremendous movie from disney that wasn't a part of Pixar, yet like "Tangled" it captivates the heart just like most Pixar movies. The movie really struck me with it's amazing anamation, along with bringing in some beloved games of our time like "Pac-Man", "Sonic" and even "Mario", (I'm talking about Bowser). But never the less, it took me by surprise. As far as storytelling, it'sI love a tremendous movie from disney that wasn't a part of Pixar, yet like "Tangled" it captivates the heart just like most Pixar movies. The movie really struck me with it's amazing anamation, along with bringing in some beloved games of our time like "Pac-Man", "Sonic" and even "Mario", (I'm talking about Bowser). But never the less, it took me by surprise. As far as storytelling, it's seems typical, but once you start to go for the ride, your having a blast. Plus, the characters are really interesting and captivate your heart with great voiceovers such as John C. Reily, Jack McBryer, Sarah Silverman and even Jane Lynch. And at the end, you will have had a heart warming experience. Overall, it's a wondorous non Pixar movie. Expand
  20. Mar 13, 2015
    I can easily say with clear confidence that Wreck-It Ralph is the greatest video game movie ever made. Brilliantly combining the surreal childhood nostalgia of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" with the emotionally deep storytelling of the Tory Story trilogy, this is one of those rare animated movies that appeals just as much to kids as it does to adults. The characters are genuinely likable andI can easily say with clear confidence that Wreck-It Ralph is the greatest video game movie ever made. Brilliantly combining the surreal childhood nostalgia of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" with the emotionally deep storytelling of the Tory Story trilogy, this is one of those rare animated movies that appeals just as much to kids as it does to adults. The characters are genuinely likable and consistently funny, the brightly colored visuals are fantastically detailed, and the ingenious references to classic video games like Pac-Man and Streeth Fighter are a ton of fun to point out. Not only is this one of the most creative and entertaining films I've seen in 2012, but it actually made me feel like a kid again. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    One of the best animated films of 2012.
  22. Nov 4, 2012
    WOW!, Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most amazing movies that I have the oportunity to watch this year. The story can sounds simple, but the magic of the movie start when you watching the cameos of all the famous characters that we know. The animation is really incredible, is like watch much movies in one. The screenplay can be the weak point of the movie, but don't have much importance whenWOW!, Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most amazing movies that I have the oportunity to watch this year. The story can sounds simple, but the magic of the movie start when you watching the cameos of all the famous characters that we know. The animation is really incredible, is like watch much movies in one. The screenplay can be the weak point of the movie, but don't have much importance when you watch a funny show, and Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most funny "shows" of this year. Amazing movie. Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2013
    Hilarious, flawlessly made and great entertainment for all viewers. Wreck-it Ralph will please both gamers and film goers alike with its utterly beautiful and brilliant execution and will keep both the young and the old constantly entertained.
  24. Aug 7, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph was a huge surprise to me. Not only it has excellent graphics but it is really touching and moving. I don't really watch animation movies but this movie was a simply perfection. I saw Brave too which was good but not as good as wreck-it Ralph. I can't say something about the acting but all this atmosphere of the games and everything in that film made me feel like a littleWreck it Ralph was a huge surprise to me. Not only it has excellent graphics but it is really touching and moving. I don't really watch animation movies but this movie was a simply perfection. I saw Brave too which was good but not as good as wreck-it Ralph. I can't say something about the acting but all this atmosphere of the games and everything in that film made me feel like a little child again. It is one of the best animation movies that I have ever seen and I would recommend it to everyone regardless their age. Should have won that Oscar as it was much much better than Brave A must-watch Expand
  25. Apr 18, 2014
    This was silly Epic! I was surprised to find myself loving everything about it. It`s great in every way. It`s funny and has a good message. The characters are easy to like and root for.
  26. May 25, 2014
    Such a wonderful film i can not believe i did not see this in theaters. Everything from the dialog to the CGI was perfect. One of the best films of 2012 and the movie that iv'e had the most fun watching in 2013 so far. For me it's the best video game related movie ever easily. all the characters all the little references had me laughing from start to finish.

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was perfect i don't think they could have picked anyone better for the voice acting. Vanellope(Sarah Silverman) was my favorite character for sure she was so cute and so funny and almost everything she said had me smiling. Felix(Jack McBrayer) was like his every day person well at least how he acts like how he acts in all his movies or t.v. shows a funny but still kinda shy guy still he is great. Calhoun(Jane Lynch) was great and funny but still brutal for her character got to love a woman that can kick some butt =P

Im so glad that i finally watched this movie i had bought it off Playstation network but the blu ray release is soon and i will be buying this on blu ray. Overall i give this movie a solid 8.5 and i will for sure be watching this movie a couple more time this year
  27. Mar 12, 2014
    Let me tell you: I am not a fan of Disney movies at all, but this one right here, is one that just can't be ignored. Wreck It Ralph is one of the most cleverly written and created films ever made by Disney, possibly even further than just Disney.
  28. Jun 4, 2013
    "Wreck It Ralph is a wonderfully delight, pure imaginative treat. That has set a new bar for Disney films everywhere including PIXAR. It has tons of heart and humor, Without a doubt the best animated film of the year. Maybe even quite possibly a classic." A+
  29. Nov 8, 2012
    Finally a film (excluding Argo) that actually lives up to the hype. Wreck-It Ralph is pure fun entertainment. It'll have you laughing out loud, and it'll even have you tear up a bit. You really get a great feel for the characters. Disney did a very solid job with this movie. Great story, great characters, good fun, what more can you ask for? Wreck-It Ralph is definitely worth your time andFinally a film (excluding Argo) that actually lives up to the hype. Wreck-It Ralph is pure fun entertainment. It'll have you laughing out loud, and it'll even have you tear up a bit. You really get a great feel for the characters. Disney did a very solid job with this movie. Great story, great characters, good fun, what more can you ask for? Wreck-It Ralph is definitely worth your time and your money. Good nostalgiac fun for all. 9/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.