8.5

1. Feb 5, 2014
    Classic video games character cameos and video games come to life in a hyper detailed CGI world. Sold. Unfortunately this movie falls flat overall. Too many characters, overly tricky plot twists and really is two plots smashed together. This movie really should have been called "Sugar Rush" because Ralph's overarching plot seems lost in the meat of the film's race and betrayal story.

The ensemble video game cast of characters never really gels for me in the same way as the toys do in Toy Story or Finding Nemo. I'm still waiting for an awesome video game move. Like Tron this one falls short of the mark.
  2. Mar 2, 2013
    i think disney should allocate more resources to making a quality film rather than paying ppl to write glowing reviews about this terribly unfunny and boring POS. i can't believe anyone would be that entertained by this movie to give it a 10 let alone an 8 or 9 unless they were being paid to promote this film under false pretenses. i saw 30 minutes of this movie and had to walk away. really bland, desperately trying to be funny, creatively bankrupt waste of time. if i had anything to do w/ this production, i'd insist on having my name removed from the credits or at least listed under a pseudonym.

this movie is a train wreck and a far cry from pixar gems like wall-e, up!, monster's inc. etc... even decent disney films like entagled which had great characters and quality writing. anyone who *sincerely* believes this movie deserves anything above a 4 is only lying to themselves. absolutely abysmal. but having said that... i still encourage you to watch it if you have a chance just to get a better understanding of how marketing and hype have permeated everything we are exposed to in our daily lives from media to politics to consumerism.
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is the biggest piece of commercial i've ever seen in an animated movie. the well known, and well loved gaming characters like, Bowser, Sonic, Eggman, packman, and so on. They are only in the movie for like 5mins, and over half of them don't even have a line. I bet it's just so they can put em on the poster and in commercials, so people go see it.

Futher more, it was
    predictable as hell. well, maybe it's just me, but i feel tricked by Walt Disney, what a load of BS (sorry). i'm just glad i didn't pay to watch it.

But i can see that it would be good for small children, who dosen't know thoes classic gaming personalities, so they don't feel tricked. And it definitly shouldn't get oscar nominated. But i guess if it wins a Oscar Statuette, then i'll know that the Oscars is Fixed. xD
  4. Dec 29, 2012
    "Wreck-It Ralph" starts out completely promising, witty, and filled with a sense of smart blending of arcade and video game culture. However, as the film progresses, the story becomes weak and the characters are lackluster in any comedic wit or compassion. The film fails as a comprehensive plot and becomes a completely missed opportunity for the blending of such popular characters sharing the screen for one of the first times. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    Pass. I right this review for adults that like animated films, like myself. This movie had a great concept, and the world was well defined in the first 20 minutes. After that, all your beloved classic video game characters disappear from the movie. I thought the movie was going really well up until the point where Wreck-It Ralph reach the candy racer video game. This is when the movie turned terrible. I don't think I smiled or laughed once for the next hour. I will however give them credit for the last 15 minutes of the movie, which was the best part. This movie had great potential, but most of it ended up being the same quality as Ice Age. Expand
  6. map
    Nov 5, 2012
    Anyone that gives it a 10 was pair to do so or have been heavily warped. This movie is presented in a nice way like chocolate coated crap.
    Movie should have a Content advisory for plenty of reasons. This movie is more targeted to adults than kids to attract the adults to take the kids. It

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.