8.4

1. Jun 4, 2013
    "Wreck It Ralph is a wonderfully delight, pure imaginative treat. That has set a new bar for Disney films everywhere including PIXAR. It has tons of heart and humor, Without a doubt the best animated film of the year. Maybe even quite possibly a classic." A+
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    One of the best Movies I have seen in a long times, especially coming from the Disney Animation studio. If you're a video game fan, prepare to at least see the movie twice, or get it on DVD as it is loaded with cameos and Easter eggs. While the story is Disney typical, it respects the video games and even makes fun of itself in the process yet never straying too far from its roots.

I'm

I'm going to go see it again.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    When I saw the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph last year, it didn't excite me too much. Still, I thought I would give it a shot. I am long time gamer after-all. I didn't expect to watch a great nostalgic and heartfelt film. It is my favorite animated film since Toy Story 3.
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    This movie was a fantastic depiction of the lives and coalescence of many nostalgic video games dating back as far as 1981 (Qix), and as recent as today (Sonic, Bowser, etc.). This makes the film recognizable to the rounded ages of four to forty, given times of development. Go see it.
  5. Jan 25, 2013
    I haven't savoured any animated movies for a while, and I wasn't sure if it was because I was growing up or if they were actually getting worse. Then came this movie, the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. Thanks to some nifty world-building, I fell in love with the video game universe and got nostalgic when watching the video game action scenes, especially those set in SugarI haven't savoured any animated movies for a while, and I wasn't sure if it was because I was growing up or if they were actually getting worse. Then came this movie, the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. Thanks to some nifty world-building, I fell in love with the video game universe and got nostalgic when watching the video game action scenes, especially those set in Sugar Rush. Sarah Silverman's vocal performance as Vanellope von Schweetz stands as one of the movie's greatest highlights, and the animation and 3D are enticing and colourful. The script and characters are just as smart as some of Pixar's greatest movies, and had they released Wreck-it-Ralph instead of Brave last year, I would've gone as far to say that they made a full recovery from Cars 2. They didn't unfortunately, but Wreck-it-Ralph still emerges as the Toy Story of a new generation and I'd love to see how it'll play out as a franchise. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2012
    If you've read my other reviews, you are probably well aware that I love video games and movies. This movie takes my two favorite things, and throws them into one. Now the question is: does it work? The answer is an absolute YES!!! In fact, this movie is so good, that it is now one of my favorite movies of all time! It is funny, has memorable characters, great animation, and the mostIf you've read my other reviews, you are probably well aware that I love video games and movies. This movie takes my two favorite things, and throws them into one. Now the question is: does it work? The answer is an absolute YES!!! In fact, this movie is so good, that it is now one of my favorite movies of all time! It is funny, has memorable characters, great animation, and the most original setting in the history of cinema. I really have very little to complain about in this movie. Okay, so there might be one or two little things. For one, there are several video game characters that I wanted to see in this movie, but weren't there (seriously, Disney shows no love to Mario, Link, Samus or any other heroic Nintendo character). Yes they did mention Mario at one point, but that doesn't count. Also, I found the plot to be a little bit unoriginal, and predictable. A super villain who wants to be good? I'm pretty sure that's been done before. It also follows a pattern that I like to call the classic Disney film plot. In other words, if you have seen any other Disney movie, you can probably guess what this movie's plot is like. Despite this, the original setting makes you completely forget about the plot. This really is an excellent movie, and is totally worth watching if you love animation, movies, video games, an original setting, or just want a movie that has quite an adventurous feel behind it. Expand
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    Hilarious, flawlessly made and great entertainment for all viewers. Wreck-it Ralph will please both gamers and film goers alike with its utterly beautiful and brilliant execution and will keep both the young and the old constantly entertained.
  8. Nov 4, 2012
    If you ask me, this is great enough to be a pixar film. Its the most fun i've had with an animated film since "Toy Story 3". If you were one of many who were dissappointed by "Brave", then check this out. It has the charm and great characters of a Pixar movie, coupled with some great humor that seems to take inspiration from Dreamworks Animation. At first, the title character Ralph seemsIf you ask me, this is great enough to be a pixar film. Its the most fun i've had with an animated film since "Toy Story 3". If you were one of many who were dissappointed by "Brave", then check this out. It has the charm and great characters of a Pixar movie, coupled with some great humor that seems to take inspiration from Dreamworks Animation. At first, the title character Ralph seems mean-spirited, but he later turns out to be a great hero. Older viewers will recognize the games shown and feel the nostalgia, and younger viewers will appreciate the colorful animation. But what older and younger viewers can agree on is that Wreck-it Ralph's storytelling and emotion is top notch. Expand
  9. Feb 3, 2013
    Wreck-It-Ralph is hilarious, smart, heartwarming, and manages to bring you into a fantastic world. It features great voice acting and clever jokes for all ages. I give this film 96%.
  10. Nov 4, 2012
    WOW!, Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most amazing movies that I have the oportunity to watch this year. The story can sounds simple, but the magic of the movie start when you watching the cameos of all the famous characters that we know. The animation is really incredible, is like watch much movies in one. The screenplay can be the weak point of the movie, but don't have much importance whenWOW!, Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most amazing movies that I have the oportunity to watch this year. The story can sounds simple, but the magic of the movie start when you watching the cameos of all the famous characters that we know. The animation is really incredible, is like watch much movies in one. The screenplay can be the weak point of the movie, but don't have much importance when you watch a funny show, and Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most funny "shows" of this year. Amazing movie. Expand
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    Above all other entertainment mediums I am a gamer first and foremost so when I heard about Pixar making a Toy Story esque film about a videogame arcade I was a little worried, especially when I heard that real game characters such as Sonic Bowser would make an appearance...oh how wrong I was to worry.
    Wreck-It Ralph tells the story of Ralph, the bad guy in the arcade game Fix-It Felix. Ralph doesn't like being a bad guy because bad guys dont win medals or get celebrated so when he is shunned from the games 30th anniversary party Ralph decides to leave his game, join a different one and win a medal for being a good guy. However in his disappearance the game Fix-It Felix is continued to be played and is reported broken due to a missing Ralph. Felix realises how much of a role Ralph plays and must track him down and get him back in the game before they are unplugged forever.

Wreck-It Ralph is incredibly well animated, has a brilliant voice cast and some great cameo's of real game characters and their voice actors. Gamers and non-gamers alike will enjoy it for its modern take on the 'Toy Story' tale and for its hilarious references, the most notable being the Konami Code.
    Wreck-It Ralph is this generations Toy Story and a film that should not be missed by anyone of any age.
  12. Feb 25, 2013
    i love this movie, it has a great range of funny emotional scenes. A great family movie starring Jane Lynch, and John C. Reilly.
  13. Feb 19, 2013
    Best movie I saw in 2012. As a game villain Ralph is tired of being treated poorly, so on a bet he make an attempt at getting a coveted hero's medal. A story of trust and friendship, the video game landscape doesn't hurt the movie at all.
  14. Nov 7, 2012
    I Loved This Movie! Possibly The Best Animated Movie Of 2012! Very Creative, Never A Dull Moment!
    Love The Video-Game Style!
  15. Jan 23, 2013
    The reason that I orignally wanted to see this movie, was because it was about video game characters in a games arcade and it featured many cameos from famous game icons. After seeing this film, I can say that it had all of that and more. Having 'Sonic the Hedgehog' appear more than three times in a movie already makes it awesome for me and there's plenty of fan service for everyone elseThe reason that I orignally wanted to see this movie, was because it was about video game characters in a games arcade and it featured many cameos from famous game icons. After seeing this film, I can say that it had all of that and more. Having 'Sonic the Hedgehog' appear more than three times in a movie already makes it awesome for me and there's plenty of fan service for everyone else too, ranging from 'Super Street Fighter' to 'Pacman'. There's just so much attention to detail, from the way some characters movements have an extremely low frame-rate like in some retro video-game, to a scene where Ralph pulls out of a sink a 'Super Mario' mushroom, an exlamation mark from 'Metal Gear Solid' and Zangief of 'Super Street-Fighter's unerwear. There are so many other scenes and aspects to the movie that have so much attention in the detail more so than any other movie that revolves around video games would, so I won't spoil it for you by saying any more about this (Besides, if I told you about every detail and reference to real video games in this movie, you'd be reading this for hours, anyway.) So they've definetely got the video-games side of this movie right, but what about the plot. Well, I know a bad guy who is looking to be good to be "wreck-ognized" isn't exactly the most original plot. While I haven't seen any movies that have actually used this plot before, I am sure it has been done and it also feels like the typical type of Disney plot. But to be honest, this did not disappoint me. You may think that this is because the video-game elements would distract you from the not-so-original plot, but I have to say, that isn't all. The reason the plot didn't bother me is because it was interpreted so well. Of course an animated movie revolving around video-games is quite a new thing, so this does not feel old. But the plot is just done so well at the same time. I cannot explain exactly how it does it, all I can really say is that you should definetely consider seeing it. If you play video games, don't even consider it. Just see it without question. And if you don't play video-games, the storyline is enough to make this movie worth seeing. I would give this a 9/10, but Metacritic only allow whole numbers, so I'll give it a 10. But to be honest, I have no problem giving it a 10. See it. Expand
  16. Feb 5, 2013
    Wreck It-Ralph is one of the best animated movies I have seen, the movie is heartwarming. The story is about Ralph who is on a journey of self discovery. It's a beautiful movie with meaning and a strong message that really makes you think about the importance of being able to accept yourself, who you are and what you do.
  17. Apr 19, 2013
    It has been a long time since Disney has produced something this great of a masterpiece; with an audience suited for anyone, beautiful animation, characters the audiences can relate to, emotional voice acting, a twist that actually surprised me and to top it all video game references that were actually relevant to the story. This film deserves all of the 'wreck-ognition' it has achieved.
  18. Nov 6, 2012
    If you are a gamer, and a gamer from the older generation, this movie is for you. All the little tidbits from the Konami code to Zangief's underwear paired with the overall tender story make this movie hilarious and extremely entertaining. In no other film will you see Dr Robotnik, Bison, and Bowser sitting in a support group while Ken and Ryu hit up Tapper's after a long day of work.If you are a gamer, and a gamer from the older generation, this movie is for you. All the little tidbits from the Konami code to Zangief's underwear paired with the overall tender story make this movie hilarious and extremely entertaining. In no other film will you see Dr Robotnik, Bison, and Bowser sitting in a support group while Ken and Ryu hit up Tapper's after a long day of work. Innovative, interesting, and of course the movie discusses the general issues surrounding the video game industry in a poignant way. Highly recommended for children and adults alike. Expand
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    One of the best animated films of 2012.
  20. Dec 8, 2012
    Wreck-It Ralph is one of the best movies of 2012. There were moments when I went "Awwe", moments when I went "Woah!", moments when I cried, and moments when I was shocked. It was a fantastic movie that you will always remember!
  21. Nov 2, 2012
    Best movie I have seen in years. Funny quips, nostalgic video game characters, comedy for young and old, heartfelt story line. This movie has it all. Disney has a real winner on it's hands. I saw the movie 2 months before release and couldn't want to line up at a theater to pay my money to go see it again. This is a movie you will have to get on Blu-Ray and pause just to catch all theBest movie I have seen in years. Funny quips, nostalgic video game characters, comedy for young and old, heartfelt story line. This movie has it all. Disney has a real winner on it's hands. I saw the movie 2 months before release and couldn't want to line up at a theater to pay my money to go see it again. This is a movie you will have to get on Blu-Ray and pause just to catch all the hidden "easter eggs' if you will. LIke "No Campers" written in graffiti on the walls or coins coming out of Sonic when he gets bumped into. The very opening scene blows you away when you go from 2D view of the Fix it Felix Jr. game into the 3D immersive world. Ralph is a great hero to root for and Vanellopee is lovable and cute with just the right amount of feisty-ness. Over a great cast, many laughs, and a great ride into the world of video games new and old. Expand
  22. Nov 2, 2012
    At face value, it's an aesthetic sugar rush of humor and excitement through a video-game rendering of "Candy Land". For the adults among us it's a story of identity, and perhaps more importantly, it's a master-class interpretation of the age-old question, "what truly makes a hero?"

You'll laugh, you'll cry -- and if you're like me, your heart will soar before the closing credits. Welcome to the Disney family, Ralph. Highly recommended.
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    Saw this movie a week after release with my girlfriend. Us both being gamers and suckers for anything that reminded us of our youth. we saw this movie expecting greatness, and what we got was better then that. If you love video games with a religious passion then this movie will make you cry tears of joy at every moment of it (ad we did). the animation, sound, voice actors and plot are allSaw this movie a week after release with my girlfriend. Us both being gamers and suckers for anything that reminded us of our youth. we saw this movie expecting greatness, and what we got was better then that. If you love video games with a religious passion then this movie will make you cry tears of joy at every moment of it (ad we did). the animation, sound, voice actors and plot are all completely solid. i have no complaints about this movie and would gladly watch it again for double the price. Expand
  24. Jan 5, 2013
    Fantastic movie. Not only is the soundtrack incredible amazing for an movie (Especially the song AFTER the movie, from Owl City!) The characters are also lovable and interesting, the story is unique in the sense that it makes you think someone is a bad thing and they turn out to be good and it also has a plot twist in the end. And the references to other games like Pacman and Sonic areFantastic movie. Not only is the soundtrack incredible amazing for an movie (Especially the song AFTER the movie, from Owl City!) The characters are also lovable and interesting, the story is unique in the sense that it makes you think someone is a bad thing and they turn out to be good and it also has a plot twist in the end. And the references to other games like Pacman and Sonic are also amusing and cool. I really love this movie and I suggest every gamer (Even the ones who play Call of Duty, since - SPOILER - there is a Call of Duty reference in the movie..) should go watch it. Expand
  25. Apr 18, 2014
    This was silly Epic! I was surprised to find myself loving everything about it. It`s great in every way. It`s funny and has a good message. The characters are easy to like and root for.
  26. Dec 8, 2012
    Very good movie. The voice acting was great, and the animation/art style was quite impressive. There are only two minor annoyances - the change in pacing made the second half of the movie take a little bit of time to get used to (although you do eventually warm up to it), and I wasn't too fond of the bathroom humor.
  27. Dec 20, 2012
    Wreck-It Ralph is an original feel good movie sure to please audiences of any age.
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    It's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film prettyIt's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film pretty much had everything to be the success that it was. Overall a must-see for Disney fans out there! Expand
  29. Dec 25, 2012
    If there's one word to describe this, it's original. Funny, sassy and incredibly clever. Best Disney movie in a long time, if not ever. In the beginning the concept is hard to grasp, but along the way, the characters explain it rather enjoyably. Wreck-it Ralph is a symbol of what it is in the arcade: here for a long time to come, even as other films come and go.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.