7.5

1. Feb 3, 2012
    Don't let the title of this movie give you the wrong idea, I'll agree with anyone that says it was a bad move on the developer's part. It makes this film seem like some dry, sad, and depressing film, when it's the complete opposite. What I like about this movie is the uniqueness, when I first started watching I was iffy as to the turn out, but I quickly thought, "what an interesting twist!" Somehow, this movie accomplishes making death nothing to be afraid of, and actually quite humorous and casual. I would be giving this movie a higher score if the effects weren't so below par. Which doesn't matter much, considering the rest of the movie is great, but the effects are just dreadful in my opinion. However the acting is refreshing. It's not particularly "incredible," but it's better than overacting, and better than completely inexperienced actors. It's right in between, with a little uniqueness, just like the plot of this movie. I thought the black hole in Eugene's car was a little silly, and completely unnecessary, I didn't get the meaning of it, it just seemed random and unneeded. And another attempt at bad effects. But despite those few set backs, if you're looking for a different movie, that I guarantee you have never seen anything like before, watch Wristcutters: A Love Story. ||Breakdown:||Specific Grade: 83%||Acting: 21/30||Effects: 14/20||Plot: 19/20||Sounds: 14/15||Worth Time: 15/15|| Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Reaves
    Quite a bit darker than most mainstream romantic comedies. As you might not expect, it’s also quite a bit more inventive and far wittier than most mainstream romantic comedies.
  2. Seems to me, teenage suicide isn't that funny, and nothing in this movie changed my mind.
  3. Reviewed by: Gianni Truzzi
    This delightful piece of whimsy uses its simple premise effectively to gain and keep our attention and to remind us simply that, while this world appears ordinary, it is still unbounded by reality.