7.4

1. JasonL.
    Jan 13, 2008
    There have been some great movies lurking around lately. This is one of them. A guy searches a strange land for his dead girlfriend. This is a touching, funny and bizarre road trip movie with a fantastic soundtrack. I watched this and realised that not every movie from America is bad, just most.
  2. S.T.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Predictably a new cult classic. I can't wait to watch this one again.
  3. JoeB.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Very original, atmospheric, surreal and funny with a great trio of lead actors, including Patrick Fugit, and awesome surprises from Tom Waits and Will Arnett.
  4. LaurenH.
    Dec 2, 2007
    a delightful movie that was surprisingly funny and incredibly original, one of the best of the year
  5. HannahF.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Great film! Original and witty.
  6. SteveE
    Dec 7, 2008
    Considering the fact that this movie was made in a few weeks, the director got sterling performances from all of the principals. The basic theme is that even in purgatory people are just wandering around without knowing what they want or what to do with themselves. I didn't think the premise of the movie was a "conceit," because it served this message. A thoroughly enjoyable movie, Considering the fact that this movie was made in a few weeks, the director got sterling performances from all of the principals. The basic theme is that even in purgatory people are just wandering around without knowing what they want or what to do with themselves. I didn't think the premise of the movie was a "conceit," because it served this message. A thoroughly enjoyable movie, and it even has Tom Waits in it. Collapse
  7. NickM
    Jul 16, 2008
    Its certainly one of the most original movies that i have seen in a while.....it wasn't necessarily a huge laugh out loud type of comedy, but it had some good comical parts to it....overall i found it to be very enjoyable, with a rather unpredictable ending.....i thought that the acting in it was very well done also.
  8. BrandonJ
    Mar 24, 2008
    One of my favorite films of last year. Fugit is really starting to come into his own, as is Sossamon. Good acting + great premise = above average dark romcom.
  9. ColeT
    Jun 14, 2009
    One of my favorite road trip movies. I also like it because I get to see Will Arnett play a person very similar to his Arrested Development character.

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Reaves
    Quite a bit darker than most mainstream romantic comedies. As you might not expect, it’s also quite a bit more inventive and far wittier than most mainstream romantic comedies.
  2. Seems to me, teenage suicide isn't that funny, and nothing in this movie changed my mind.
  3. Reviewed by: Gianni Truzzi
    This delightful piece of whimsy uses its simple premise effectively to gain and keep our attention and to remind us simply that, while this world appears ordinary, it is still unbounded by reality.