8.4

1. May 23, 2014
    This is the best X-Men movie so far, the story is great, the cast is incredible, the action scenes are amazing. This movie exceeded my expectations and I'm sure it will surprise you from the beginning to the end... and, I have a new favorite movie now...
  2. May 23, 2014
    With such abundance of talents, it's a surprise their powers are not throwing award statues at each other. An all-star ensemble delivers one of the better and more captivating superhero movie in recent time, despite the use of a rather mystifying time travel plot. They do a remarkable job of keeping the audience invested to the characters, each with brimming personality to ensure there'sWith such abundance of talents, it's a surprise their powers are not throwing award statues at each other. An all-star ensemble delivers one of the better and more captivating superhero movie in recent time, despite the use of a rather mystifying time travel plot. They do a remarkable job of keeping the audience invested to the characters, each with brimming personality to ensure there's never a dull moment. Visually, the movie is captivating, its contrast tone bridges the colorful 70s and severely bleak future impeccably. It also appropriately utilizes good humor throughout the seemingly melancholy plot.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is an ambitious movie, it brings the newer cast from First Class as well as the older trilogy, plus Hugh Jackman. The time traveling gimmick could be a puzzling one, and in some occasions there are tricky twists that rely on heavy expositions. However, the movie pulls it off quite neatly with balanced pacing. The complexity doesn't divert the focus away from relationship of characters, most of which are always in peril. Many of the cast are capable to lead a movie by their own, but the movie doesn't feel bloated because they are so many involved. Director Bryan Singer cleverly seams the characters' tales together; the present chemistry produces engaging interaction between them.

The bulk of the story occurs in 1973, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence take most of the spotlight. They perform admirably, each showcasing emotional baggage and entwined history together. Hugh Jackman fits into the party fairly well, he has been Wolverine for so long, he just naturally meshes together with the younger X-Men. Peter Dinklage provides a unique antagonist. X-Men movies are notoriously filled with military men as villains, it's nice to see someone more dynamic and with less reliance to violence.

Effects are done beautifully. The future battles are spectacular, not to mention the choreography gracefully combines the mutants' power into the fray. I personally like the intricacy of Blink's ability which allows her to use multiple portals. Her scenes are few, but very well done. The slow motion effect looks wonderful and melee combat is performed effectively, especially Mystique's acrobatic dances. There's lingering retro ambiance for 70s, a simple touch of familiarity. One minor blemish is the lighting for future setting might be a tad too dark at times to fully appreciate the graphic.

The prevalent flaw of time travel gimmick is the impact actions supposedly have on the future, this movie is no exception. There are a few instances where characters act rather brashly just in case it may hopefully change the future, a couple decisions are questionable as well, it's hard to believe experienced mutants with special powers would do impulsive action. It also tries to add prejudice theme, but seeing Jennifer Lawrence, even with blue skin, having self-confident issue is like seeing a supermodel complaining she's fat. All the flaws are just little hindrance, they barely affect the gripping performance of the talents.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is arguably the best of the franchise, it will entertain viewers with exquisite acting, finely pace story and delightfully likeable characters.
  3. May 23, 2014
    Best X-men Movie Ever. It has everything. Just watch it. Great characters and the most intriguing plot. One of the best films of this year and surely the best Marvel film. Watch it !
  4. May 23, 2014
    Don't understand all the praise for this dull, almost lifeless film. It gets a 2 from me because of an awesome sequence involving a mutant(Quicksilver) with super speed. It seems all the thought and energy were put into this scene, and it does pay off 200%. All the other actors seem to be showing up to pick up a paycheck, and moving along as fast as possible. I love Jennifer Lawrence, butDon't understand all the praise for this dull, almost lifeless film. It gets a 2 from me because of an awesome sequence involving a mutant(Quicksilver) with super speed. It seems all the thought and energy were put into this scene, and it does pay off 200%. All the other actors seem to be showing up to pick up a paycheck, and moving along as fast as possible. I love Jennifer Lawrence, but she even seems to be going through the paces. What a disappointment :( Expand
  5. May 24, 2014
    One of the better comic book/super-hero movies this millennium at the least. Brilliantly ambitious and innovative plot line. Had me skeptical at first considering the 4 previous X-Men plus the 2 Wolverine movies had their own plot elements that had to be accounted for, but they were incorporated spectacularly. Great action scenes, well rendered CGI while not being too dominating andOne of the better comic book/super-hero movies this millennium at the least. Brilliantly ambitious and innovative plot line. Had me skeptical at first considering the 4 previous X-Men plus the 2 Wolverine movies had their own plot elements that had to be accounted for, but they were incorporated spectacularly. Great action scenes, well rendered CGI while not being too dominating and disenfranchising. Great script and as per usual when you have Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart, phenomenal acting. Expand
  6. May 23, 2014
    The best X-Men film so far. Easily.
    The best X-Men film so far. Easily.
    After the series appeared to be fading away after a sub standard conclusion to the original trilogy and an awkwardly written and directed origins story, the films have been revived by two fantastic instalments. First Class did brilliantly to get the series back on its feet with an excellent prequel led by James McAvoy, however DOFP goes one step beyond. Combining a fascinatingly intriguing and complex plot packed with great spectacles with a timeline spanning both arcs of this franchise, the latest X-Men entry culminates in an extraordinary feat of superhero film making. For me, the only superhero movie to surpass DOFP's excellence is The Dark Knight, but that is hardly a criticism.
    I'm now eagerly awaiting the release of X-Men: Apocalypse, 2016 can't come soon enough.
  7. May 23, 2014
    The perfect summer blockbuster and the best x-men movie yet. I loved this movie and it is my favourite movie of the year so far. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. YES IT IS THAT GOOD. 9.610.
  8. May 23, 2014
    Only the Dark Knight surpasses this film in the genre. From beginning to the scene after the credits (it is after the full credits, by the way) Days of Future Past does not disappoint as an epic and satisfying conclusion to the earlier films, while setting up lots of new drama and intrigue for the next films. Almost all of the performances were completely spot on with particularly goodOnly the Dark Knight surpasses this film in the genre. From beginning to the scene after the credits (it is after the full credits, by the way) Days of Future Past does not disappoint as an epic and satisfying conclusion to the earlier films, while setting up lots of new drama and intrigue for the next films. Almost all of the performances were completely spot on with particularly good performances from Evan Peters (Quicksilver), Fassbender (Magneto) and both versions of Charles Xavier. In addition, the action was well orchestrated and creative with more than enough drama and power behind it.

I look forward to any number of sequels, in particular with what they hinted at for the next film.
  9. May 23, 2014
    When does a ‘special effect’ stop being special? The first time Jennifer Lawrence as a blue lady, “X-MEN: DAY OF FUTURE PAST”, turns into a male soldier it is a special effect and then when she turns into a beautiful woman it is special but the twentieth time she morphs into another person it isn’t special anymore.

When Hugh Jackman steps out of bed and shows full male back nudity that

When Hugh Jackman steps out of bed and shows full male back nudity that is special and may have an effect on the audience but it happens only one time making it a ‘special effect’. Michael Fassbinder, who hasn’t been shy when it comes to full frontal nudity in other films, stays dressed in this one and the first time he puts on his helmet and suspends everyone, and everything, in the air it is a special effect but the 4th or 5th it is a “So what?” Are Jackman’s ‘nails’ surprising anymore?

Is it surprising that the White House takes a battering or panes of glass of are smashed robot like transformers walk around killing people? I didn’t think so. How many mutant X-Men and X-Women are too many? Or do you just stop talking after Wolverine (Jackman), Mystique (Lawrence), Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Storm (Halle Berry) Magneto (Ian McKellan future, Fassbender past) Professor X (Patrick Stewart Future, James McAvoy past), Blink (Fan Bingbing), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Quicksilver (Evan Peters), Rogue (Anna Paquin) or the 50th X-Men or is it when you suspect Richard Nixon (Mark Camacho) might be a mutant?

There are as many story lines (screenplay by Simon Kinberg, story by Jane Goldman, Mattew Vaughn and Kinberg) as there are X-Men, X-Women and mutants but all are easy to follow, if you are interested in following any of them. Director Bryan Singer keeps the 2 hour, 11 minute movie going at a fast pace with all the special effects.

It is easy to see that paying the extra dollars to see it at IMAX and 3 D would probably be worth the money but, as far as I am concerned, this is my last foray into Marvel comic movies and other films that are mainly special effects that stop being special.
  10. May 23, 2014
    I will preface this by saying i grew up watching the x-men on Saturdays in the 90s they were my favorite super heros. I liked pretty much all previous x men films except the 2nd Wolverine which was horrendous. Days of future past is a terrible movie. They are touting this as the best super hero movie ever don't believe the hype!! Yes it has all the xmen in it but they dont do much atI will preface this by saying i grew up watching the x-men on Saturdays in the 90s they were my favorite super heros. I liked pretty much all previous x men films except the 2nd Wolverine which was horrendous. Days of future past is a terrible movie. They are touting this as the best super hero movie ever don't believe the hype!! Yes it has all the xmen in it but they dont do much at all. This feels more like a 3rd Wolverine movie with cameos by the x men. Quicksilver was great there is a great action sequence with him but he is used once then forgot about. This tries to be first class 2 Wolverine 3 and xmen 4 all in one and turns out to be a convoluted mess. With way too much dialog and not enough action. Save ur money and red box it Expand
  11. May 23, 2014
    This is the X-men movie that we've wanted since the beginning. The cast is absolutely perfect and the balance between the original cast and the first class cast is awesome. Intense action and emotional roller coaster. This movie basically rewrote all the wrongs of the first 3 films in a very tactful way. Can't wait until the next one.
  12. May 23, 2014
    X-Men: Days of Future Past is a very emotionally heavy movie, and I couldn't resist shedding a tear or two as I sat on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next, even though I read the comic before I went to the theatre.

Days of Future Past is superb in every way. The story is strong, the music fits the scenes, the cast is amazing, and all those wonderful Marvel jokes we never get tired of. I could write a lot, lot more, but I don't want to spoil it for you. So if you haven't seen it yet, WHAT are you waiting for? Buy a ticket, or tickets, and go watch the movie. You won't regret it!
  13. May 23, 2014
    No need to do pros/cons for this one I loved Days of Future Past! It is the perfect X-Men movie! Almost as good as First Class. Everyone in this movie put on a great performance, the action/set pieces were great, the story was done very well and that's saying something because it is a time travel movie, and a great underlying message of hope. Bryan Singer did a great job in his return backNo need to do pros/cons for this one I loved Days of Future Past! It is the perfect X-Men movie! Almost as good as First Class. Everyone in this movie put on a great performance, the action/set pieces were great, the story was done very well and that's saying something because it is a time travel movie, and a great underlying message of hope. Bryan Singer did a great job in his return back to the franchise, not sure if he'll ever do one again now, but if he does I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalment. Expand
  14. May 23, 2014
    This film was a juggling act of immense proportion. And it all played out beautifully. Less a reboot and more a healing, this is in any case the beginning of the future for the cinematic X-men universe. It's impressive that any sort of moving narrative was pulled out of what was trying to be accomplished, there are so many moving parts and so much to address that it might be a headache forThis film was a juggling act of immense proportion. And it all played out beautifully. Less a reboot and more a healing, this is in any case the beginning of the future for the cinematic X-men universe. It's impressive that any sort of moving narrative was pulled out of what was trying to be accomplished, there are so many moving parts and so much to address that it might be a headache for anyone unfamiliar with the franchise. But there is almost a bounty of narrative to be had and some extremely touching interactions of not only characters, but incarnations of selves. Nothing feels squandered or easily earned here, and so many wrongs have been righted. It's miraculous and perplexing at the same time, as the film concludes as a meta-feat: they were fighting for an alternate future by remaking history and well, they were also fighting for a better X-men franchise by rewriting past failures. I walked out of the theater feeling like part of me had actually been saved, and that my love and hope for this franchise, this world, had been rewarded. This is the best X-men film yet, and it does not neglect what came before but uses all of it. And there is only hope in the future. Expand
  15. May 23, 2014
    Director Bryan Singer make another masterpiece, the story is amazing
    and the cast done wonderful job. I have no idea how I can pass two
    hours when I watch this movie, it's the busy movie and make you stick
    with your seats. It's the 2nd best superhero movie I ever saw in my
    life (first was the dark knight 2008). If you are planning to saw it
    then go don't listen to bad reviews.
  16. May 23, 2014
    If you liked the other X-men movies, you will definitely like this one. It was a bit darker tone then the others. But good story, good character progression and good action. It did focus more on Xavier and Mystique. But in a good way. No spoilers, but the end credit scene was nothing really special and you have to wait until the very end of the credits to see it.
  17. 19x
    May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible jumbled mess of a film that walks all over itself and then again.

Not so much a Xmen film, then it is to showcase a 1970s Jennifer Lawerence.
    Lawerence is the the ONE that can save us or damn us. The trouble is, Lawerance is so gullible that all you need are mini speeches tor turn her bad or good.

Mystique can now also change her physical size and become as small as a Lanister. YET.. she gets shot in the leg, and limps around half the movie. Doesn't she heal fast as well?

How many times will Magneto just throw things? Is that all he can do? I thought his power was magnetism. Magneto vs Melneto? "Quick give me your car keys, I must defeat the bad guys"

Xavier has a serum that 'cures' a bullet to the spine but it also takes away his powers? Whaaaa? I mean honestly.. They could have easily said the bullet didn't cripple him, only to have him crippled later in the final film, which would have been the "ripple in the pond" bit..

Quicksilver by far the strongest Mutant in the film. After the great Metal man robbery, they just send him home. Don't you think he would be a huge asset to the cause?

They could have used the fact he was a rebellious kid, plus they drop the hint he was Magnetos kid to create a powerful story arch. Maybe quicksilver comes out of no where to rescue is father instead of Xavier letting him go.

The sentinels in 1970s are made of space age advanced technology. The 1970 space age sentinels are in the film for exactly 5 minutes, and do jack.

How come they extract and bond Mystique powers on the future sentinels but no other? Seems if you can take the DNA of one dead mutant and extract it, surly you can do it for any mutant

Wolverine is the biggest joke, he does jack **** in the entire film. I say again, does absolutely nothing. At the end of the film, Magneto tosses his ass in a big river left to die. Then when its all over, Xavier just leaves him there. Knowing FULL WELL all the acts of horror that will be committed on Wolverine.. Except Wolverine volunteered for it.
    Wolverine is also nude at one point, so the 90% male audience who like comic book movies will appreciate that.

The final future fight scene is almost exactly like the first one. Boring!!
    Kitty can do time travel now.
    Also Kitty suffers a mega gushing blood wound, yet.. the ice man or the fire guy can't close the wound up? There was no medkit on the Xplane?

I digress.. I could on and on and on.. How hard is it to stick to a a great comic book story? Why do they insist on reinventing the wheel...
  18. May 23, 2014
    So far this year has given us great super hero films. Until this point, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was my personal favorite of this year. But "X-Men: Days of Future Past" surprised takes that place. This easily has become one of the best super hero movies ever made. Simply speaking it is a beautifully crafted tale about hope that is supported until the end with deep and convincingSo far this year has given us great super hero films. Until this point, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was my personal favorite of this year. But "X-Men: Days of Future Past" surprised takes that place. This easily has become one of the best super hero movies ever made. Simply speaking it is a beautifully crafted tale about hope that is supported until the end with deep and convincing characters, great interactions between them, engaging action scenes, strong themes and a time travel story that works. For every super hero fan, this is a much watch! Expand
  19. May 23, 2014
    Probably one of the most high-concept superhero films of recent years, Days Of Future Past is an exhilarating ride from start to finish. The innovative use of each mutant's powers make some of the action sequences utterly unique (the use of portals is particularly effective). There is a bit of an Inception feel to parts of the film flicking back between the past and the future. This is noProbably one of the most high-concept superhero films of recent years, Days Of Future Past is an exhilarating ride from start to finish. The innovative use of each mutant's powers make some of the action sequences utterly unique (the use of portals is particularly effective). There is a bit of an Inception feel to parts of the film flicking back between the past and the future. This is no criticism as far as I'm concerned. Even the 3D is pretty good, though not necessary.

Given the sheer number of characters involved it is inevitable that some get a bit short-shrift: It is no understatement to say that Storm has about twenty words in the entire movie, Havoc gets about a minute, even Bolivar Trusk - ostensibly a main villain - does not have enormous screen time. However that serves even more to make sure you don't take your eyes of the film; this one requires far more engagement than, say, Godzilla. Again, not a criticism.

The time travel element does raise a few contradictions - particularly for the ending. I won't spoil it as, despite its flaws, it is a brilliant end to a great film. One footnote: those waiting for the post-credit sequence will find it very confusing if not well-versed in the comics. It also really IS post credits, so you have to wait the best part of ten minutes for it.

All in all, a good film that carries on from the excellent First Class and makes far better use of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen than Last Stand did. Thoroughly recommend.
  20. May 23, 2014
    INTENSE ! ! 2 minutes into the movie the action starts. I must warn you, dont blink or you might miss something. You really have to stay focused because there is a lot to take in. Time travel is a little bit hard to follow but the point is made clear. Besides that, WOW, Jennifer Lawrence is amazing along with the rest of the cast. Did I mention Jennifer Lawrence....lol smoking hot whenINTENSE ! ! 2 minutes into the movie the action starts. I must warn you, dont blink or you might miss something. You really have to stay focused because there is a lot to take in. Time travel is a little bit hard to follow but the point is made clear. Besides that, WOW, Jennifer Lawrence is amazing along with the rest of the cast. Did I mention Jennifer Lawrence....lol smoking hot when she transforms into a blue skin tight mutant is something to see. This weekend will be a busy one at the theatres. Block Buster for sure. I went to the Great Escape at the Harrisburg East Mall on the east shore. The east shore people for the most part dont know when to shut there FAT LIPS UP. On two occasions I had to stand up and tell a group of east shore people to shut the heck up, people are here to watch a movie, not to hear your fat lips flapping in the wind. I got clapped at for the one to have the balls to tell them to shut up. Then security came in and all was cool. And please you fat girls with cellulite, dont wear skin tight shorts or spandex, It makes people want to vomit, look in the mirror before you go out in public. The Regal Harrisburg 14 off of Progress Ave. and Caughey Drive is a great theater also but dont draw in the Harrisburg City crowd for the most part. I went to the midnite showing hoping the theater wouldn't have many people in it since it was Thursday night and I wouldn't have to deal with the type of people that show up at The Great Escape in the Harrisburg East Mall, which is a Regal theater also. But It had a good bit of people in it anyway. I still enjoyed the movie after the Security Guards came in. Yes, Security Guards to keep the A Holes in check. Go see this flick, you won't regret it. I love The Great Escape but not the near by people that show up on drugs and are disrespectful. Stay to the very very very end even when the lights come on and see if you can make sense of a 60 second clip. That one I can't figure out. If you can, please let me know. It was cool, just made everyone scratch there heads, LOL....Hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did. Just ask management to pop in once and a while to tell the rude people to shut up or leave. If you experience the same issue I did. The Great Escape is 1 of 2 of my favorite movie theaters. They have a great staff. I live 5 minutes away from Camp Hill Cinama Center but drive 20 minutes to the Great Escape because number 1 as I stated the staff is great and number 2 the chairs are cosy and just has a great atmosphere not to mention the sound is great. Dont get me wrong, your not always going to have to deal with the A Holes like I did tonite, but if you do just get a staff member to come in and put them in there place or the best thing to do is ask management or security staff to check in once in awhile, that way you dont miss any of the movie with your hard earned cash. If you were wondering what other theater is in my top 2 best theater list, It is The Regal off Progress Ave. and Caughey Drive as I mentioned in this review. Expand
  21. May 24, 2014
    I'm gonna start by saying that I'm not a huge X men fan but I am a big fan of Wolverine and Jennifer Lawrence's take on Raven, I've seen every X men movie now and I honestly thought this series wouldn't reach a level that would go higher then X2... but man was I wrong, this movie was excellent in every sense of the word, the pacing was perfect, there was a lot of comedic moments that II'm gonna start by saying that I'm not a huge X men fan but I am a big fan of Wolverine and Jennifer Lawrence's take on Raven, I've seen every X men movie now and I honestly thought this series wouldn't reach a level that would go higher then X2... but man was I wrong, this movie was excellent in every sense of the word, the pacing was perfect, there was a lot of comedic moments that I didn't expect, I will say that there's a sequence with Quick silver that's worth the ticket price alone, what surprised me the most however is that out of all X men / Wolverine movies this movie by far the least amount of action, proving that these Super hero movies don't need to be filled with wall to wall action to be an excellent Super hero movie, this wasn't just a good comic movie, it was an excellent movie... I've heard this said by a few reviewers but until I saw it I wasn't going to comment on it..."If this movie doesn't get a best picture nomination I will be appalled" I agree with that statement, giving this movie a 10 feels like an insult but since that the highest the scale goes it's a 10. Expand
  22. May 30, 2014
    Despite its weak human villain (Trask), this move is complex, quickly paced & fun and X-Men: Days of Future Past ranks amongst the best of the X-Men franchise. 8.5/10
  23. May 23, 2014
    In my opinion, the film may have had its mistakes on the continuity of the franchise, but that does not change the essence and the fact that X-Men Days of Future Past is a film that brings to us a reflective thought about what our choices defines a new future. It is a film of Super Heroes.
  24. May 23, 2014
    Easily the best X-men movie yet. It blends the original series of films very well with first class film. Bringing the two casts together to pretty much reboot the franchise. Don't forgot to stay after the credits for an epic easter egg of what is to come!
  25. May 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is just awful. I do not know why these directors keep making Wolverine the protagonist. I am sick of him already. The directors have so many other X-Men but Wolverine is the most popular and he is a cash cow. I guess it kind of makes sense with the plot in this one but still. He is bland and he hardly even fights. Mystique is alright in the film. She is basically there so Wolverine has something to do but it gets the job done. Magneto is complicated because you cannot tell what he is going to do. In one scene he is about to kill Mystique before she tries to kill the creator of the Sentinels but then later he tries to send a message to the world by trying to kill the very same person she was trying to kill. The best part of the movie is Quicksilver but he gets used for one or two scenes then the movie just drops him like his powers cannot help them in some other way, for instance, I don't know, finding Mystique! Also, Quicksilver mentions that his mom went out with a man who could control metal but then the subject never gets brought up again. I mean, come on! Why bring it up if you're not going to use it? Basically, mutants are being hunted, Wolverine is the only one who can save the day by going back in time and rounding up Charles and Magneto to team up but of course it is not going to be easy, even though Wolverine says that future is doomed if they don't work together. Magneto tries to do it his way because of angst and Charles is still upset that he took his girlfriend away. Big deal. There is also way too much talking and not enough action. Don't let the beginning of the movie fool you. There isn't going to be more action until near the end. I know that they are trying to set up the plot and go into some detail but jeez. I thought that Wolverine was going to do his taxes at some point. But I will say that Wolverine can hold his breath under water a really long time. And his body sure is tough enough to break metal right off even though it is pierced around his whole body...and well you get the idea. Maybe it is because it's a dream to him that it doesn't really affect him. Maybe... Also, I do not like how, at the end, Bryan Singer (The Director) basically says **** you to the first three X-Men movies and brought everyone back to life setting the movie up perfectly for a sequel. I guess Magneto isn't the main antagonist anymore? Or the fact that the future never happening maybe means that Magneto and Charles never get along. I don't know. That's up to the director of the next movie to decide. Wait, can't Charles just mind warp those future images into Magneto so that he remembers they are friends now? Oh well. Find out next week for the not so thrilling (not) conclusion! Expand
  26. May 24, 2014
    This is easily the best X-Men movie in its entire series. I have been a huge X-Men fan for decades and the story stayed mostly very close to the comic books. Maybe even closer than any other Marvel movie ever made. This competes with Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier for the best comic movie ever. Well worth the 247 million Fox spent making it. The ending was perfect and looks like X-MenThis is easily the best X-Men movie in its entire series. I have been a huge X-Men fan for decades and the story stayed mostly very close to the comic books. Maybe even closer than any other Marvel movie ever made. This competes with Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier for the best comic movie ever. Well worth the 247 million Fox spent making it. The ending was perfect and looks like X-Men Apocalypse will be extremely close to the comic story. Expand
  27. May 23, 2014
    This movie is average at best, the first problem that I noticed was lack of consistency with all the other x men movies, SPOILERS: theres no explanation a to why the sentinels werent mentioned before, why is the war detonated in the past since last stand had its "war" with no mention of a weapon like the sentinels against the mutants, next is the acting, what the hell happened to MichaelThis movie is average at best, the first problem that I noticed was lack of consistency with all the other x men movies, SPOILERS: theres no explanation a to why the sentinels werent mentioned before, why is the war detonated in the past since last stand had its "war" with no mention of a weapon like the sentinels against the mutants, next is the acting, what the hell happened to Michael Fassbender? Was he forced to act at gunpoint or what? He was lifeless.... the setpieces at times awesome, mostly involves the killing of some random mutant that we dont care about so there is that, next is the boring pace, the only redeeming thing is quicksilver and hes not around for long, what a shame... boring at times, bad acting, inconsistency, not as epic as avengers or man of steel and definitely not a thoughtful as captain america, it was really a let down for me despite the well intentioned fan service (Wolverine v Magneto) Hope this franchise returns to Marvel for theaters... Expand
  28. May 23, 2014
    The Best X-MEN Movie !!!
    The action scenes are epic and memorable. With great performances, Incredible special effects and a Spectacular script !!!
  29. May 23, 2014
    The film contains every sequence you need to know. From the past to future, also, it shows us that if we liked the other X-Men movies, this will be the most loved one. Bryan Singer fixed all the mistakes that the franchise has ever had. I highly recommend X-Men: Days of Future Past; not because it is a superhero movie but because it has a good script and great performances. This movieThe film contains every sequence you need to know. From the past to future, also, it shows us that if we liked the other X-Men movies, this will be the most loved one. Bryan Singer fixed all the mistakes that the franchise has ever had. I highly recommend X-Men: Days of Future Past; not because it is a superhero movie but because it has a good script and great performances. This movie exceed all my expectations. Can't wait for X-Men: Apocalypse. Expand
  30. May 23, 2014
    Such an incredible film. X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past are like complete reboots in the X-Men series. Totally diminishes the first three movies of the franchise: X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand like it never existed. What was great about X-Men:Days of Future Past is the incredible script and the compelling characters. The actors gave so much life to the charactersSuch an incredible film. X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past are like complete reboots in the X-Men series. Totally diminishes the first three movies of the franchise: X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand like it never existed. What was great about X-Men:Days of Future Past is the incredible script and the compelling characters. The actors gave so much life to the characters they portray. An audience can feel their pain, anguish and longing to be accepted. James McCavoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence are top of their game. Their performance was outstanding and deserves so much recognition. A 10 out of 10. Best movie of the year thus far and Best Summer Movie of the year! Expand
  31. May 23, 2014
    Without a doubt the penultimate X-Men movie in this universe. The new characters it introduces are a joy to watch especially Quicksilver who steals every scene he's in. I think a lot of moviegoers will consider his scenes in the movie as their favorites. My only criticism of the film,and it's a minor one,is that the ending was a little too neat but that can happen when time-travel is theWithout a doubt the penultimate X-Men movie in this universe. The new characters it introduces are a joy to watch especially Quicksilver who steals every scene he's in. I think a lot of moviegoers will consider his scenes in the movie as their favorites. My only criticism of the film,and it's a minor one,is that the ending was a little too neat but that can happen when time-travel is the major conceit. Expand
  32. May 23, 2014
    I haven't had this much fun with a superhero movie since The Avengers. This movie is fantastic. The story was great and cohesive, the characters were well acted and awesome, the action was amazing and the ending of this movie is badass. To those who read comics, the post credit scene will be awesome for you guys to see. I highly reccomend X-Men Days Of Future Past.
  33. Jun 7, 2014
    This movie was all over the place. It felt like a ginormous retcon that only ended at the same place we started all those years ago.....except Wolverine has a bit of grey in his hair while everyone else somehow looks exactly the same as they did in the first movie.

A lot of the mutant powers werent shown very well and were tweaked in order to fit whatever grand idea Singer had in his head. From Bishop's absorption power being turned into a glorified super soaker to QuickSilver being more of a time-controller than a mutant who could run faster than sound. A small gripe that slightly cheapened some scenes for me.

The plot, pacing, and characterization were what really brought the movie down for me. A lot of it was just sub-par.
  34. May 24, 2014
    This was a great movie overall, the setpieces and action scenes were very well done, the plot was well adapted from those comics it drew upon for inspiration, and it leaves off with a couple ideas left in my head as to where the series might go next without unbearable cliffhangers.

The acting was generally good, but Fassbender wasn't as magnetizing as he was in First Class. The dichotomy of past/future Magneto's actions was interesting enough to keep my mind off Fassbender's performance during the movie, though.

At the end, I was left excited for the next film, and hoping it is made as well or better than this one was!
  35. May 23, 2014
    It isn’t just the Xs and Os that make the film special; it’s also the film’s ambition, which cannot be understated. This film is being released in a post-Avengers world, where culmination is king (see DC/WB’s recent Justice League-related moves as evidence), and the X-Men franchise comes into this picture as considerably fractured. The original “modern day” team – Wolverine, Professor X,It isn’t just the Xs and Os that make the film special; it’s also the film’s ambition, which cannot be understated. This film is being released in a post-Avengers world, where culmination is king (see DC/WB’s recent Justice League-related moves as evidence), and the X-Men franchise comes into this picture as considerably fractured. The original “modern day” team – Wolverine, Professor X, Cyclops, Storm, etc. – petered out with the third entry, only Wolverine has had any success as a stand-alone spinoff, and the First Class “prequel” was immediately hailed as the best of the entire lot, leaving the original to be forgotten. Rather than reboot the whole shebang or focus on a specific First Class sequel, Singer instead doubles-down and incorporates old and new. Granted, he mitigates some risk by keeping the focus on only the best characters from the two worlds, but his faith in incorporating anyone from the old world other than Wolverine, and his willingness to cut bait on some of the lesser characters from the new world, speaks to his confidence as a filmmaker. Expand
  36. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With two teams joining together in a truly epic way, id say this is the best X-Men yet. It surprises me that the bar is still set at a reasonably reachable level. *SPOILER* Apocalypse will give Ultron & ALL OF DC a run for its money. The perfect set up for people to get interested in the next installment Expand
  37. May 24, 2014
    I have nothing more to say than pure awesomeness! it was definitely the best movie i 've seen this year. I might even say it was the best marvel movie. the actors were great and i loved that it combined the cast from the trilogy and from the first class. some might say the plot was a bit confusing but i think that it was what it made this movie special. i couldn't ask for anything betterI have nothing more to say than pure awesomeness! it was definitely the best movie i 've seen this year. I might even say it was the best marvel movie. the actors were great and i loved that it combined the cast from the trilogy and from the first class. some might say the plot was a bit confusing but i think that it was what it made this movie special. i couldn't ask for anything better from x-men. i highly recommend it. if you love fantasy movies don't even think about it just watch it! Expand
  38. Jul 4, 2014
    terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible
  39. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The writers of this very exciting film were clearly BIG fans of the original Matrix, and, by extension, Plato's Cave. Beyond the obvious use of the name Sentinels, the future sequences were very similar to the out-of-the-matrix mothership, and the past sequences/locations were similar to the inside-the-matrix sequences. Not literally, but the sense of urgency and juxtaposition. See it and decide for yourself. Beyond that comparison, the acting in this film is superb. Best superhero flick of the summer - not a tough task. Expand
  40. May 29, 2014
    This is one of the best superhero movies ever made and is easily the best X-Men movie to date. It puts the X-Men franchise back on track. This year has been great so far with this and Winter Soldier being amazing.

Remember the Dark Knight films being praised as the best superhero movies? Well they weren't since theres nothing "super" about them. Good movies but not superhero movies. These recent Marvel movies are written really well AND they do the comics justice unlike Nolans trilogy.

This is a true superhero movie and one of the best, if not the best.
  41. May 24, 2014
    This film did one thing and one thing only: amaze me. Everything in this movie was done to near perfection. Action sequences were unbelievable, the cast (Jackman, Lawrence, and McAvoy) spectacular, and best of all, the fantastic storytelling by Bryan Singer. This is not only the best X-Men movie, but possibly Marvel's best yet.
  42. May 23, 2014
    Pretty much the best X-Men movie by far. The story is great, the connection between old and young x-men is decent. The cast is outstanding. The action scenes are awesome. Do not hesitate to go to the cinema and watch a 3D version. It is worth it!
  43. Jul 25, 2014
    cant stand singers xmen. I didnt even really think first class was that good. I feel its one of the worst of the marvel cannon of movies. The best moments are in the trailer and there is maybe one or two scenes that are good. Time to reboot Xmen and start from scratch.
  44. May 23, 2014
    Luckily, the X-men movies stay on a roll with First Class, The Wolverine and now this. The movie did an excellent job of balancing the story lines and the acting was top notch. Glad to see the X-men franchise is back on track!
  45. May 23, 2014
    A fantastic film the puts the X-Men back on the right path. After X3 this franchise hit a major speed bump, but following First Class director Bryan Singer continues that films momentum. A
  46. May 31, 2014
    Not only is this one of the best movies of the year so far, it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever witnessed. The combination of both "First Class" and the original X-Men cast worked out so perfectly! The time-travel aspect and story arc worked out so well. Plus, James Mcavoy's performance as younger Professor X was the best part of the movie. Even Quicksilver was one of the bestNot only is this one of the best movies of the year so far, it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever witnessed. The combination of both "First Class" and the original X-Men cast worked out so perfectly! The time-travel aspect and story arc worked out so well. Plus, James Mcavoy's performance as younger Professor X was the best part of the movie. Even Quicksilver was one of the best parts of the movie. Overall, everything meshed incredibly well and every character (for the most part) had their moments and were at their dynamic best! I don't care what others think, this is the best one in the series. This is truly worthy of an A+! Go see it! Expand
  47. May 24, 2014
    Wow, all my monies spend on watching previous X-Men and Wolverine movies have been erased with Days Of Future Past. Quicksilver was the best and I didn't miss the post-credit scene introducing Apocalypse.
  48. May 24, 2014
    This film is by far the strongest in the X-Men series. It captures the heart and emotions not focused on in the other films and aims to tie continuity together in between the sequels and spin-offs of the series. Though a lot of characters in this film seem to be used as special-effects-mutant-power-grunt-men, it mostly works, with Fan Bingbing’s Blink and Evan Peter’s Quicksilver being theThis film is by far the strongest in the X-Men series. It captures the heart and emotions not focused on in the other films and aims to tie continuity together in between the sequels and spin-offs of the series. Though a lot of characters in this film seem to be used as special-effects-mutant-power-grunt-men, it mostly works, with Fan Bingbing’s Blink and Evan Peter’s Quicksilver being the strongest. The anchoring characters are the ones in the past, and the future ones used more as segues for action rather than character development and this also creates an interesting dynamic and balance to the enormous cast. Expand
  49. Jun 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In every level this movie has been the most complete marvel movie ever if not the greatest: The scenario is saturated with events that does not seem to distract you away from the main plot, we have a justified and well portrayed villain (magneto) which is non-existant in the marvel universe (except loki who might and probably should be considered as an anti hero after thor 2). I also do not know any other marvel movie that keeps this many characters and does not give you the feeling of the movie is overcrowded with too many shallow characters. The movie is emotional; not in a very dramatic way but it is able capture its thematic emotion: "Hope" because you get to feel some of the characters' feelings of desperation and their path of self destruction, you also get to see that this may fail no matter what you do but at the end hope wins and you get to experience this effectively due to great performances of the main characters. Expand
  50. May 29, 2014
  51. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i loved the movie he brings all the feels from the hq and the quicksilver scenes were awesome and the age of apocalypse scene in the end was very cool and the E for Extinction speech reference was an incridable easter egg Expand
  52. May 24, 2014
    I guess they learned from that X-Men: First Class fiasco that when people go to an X-Men movie want to see some popular X-Men characters and not the C-List X-Men. The reason this movie was good was because it wasn't X-Men: First Class, there were actually popular X-Men in this movie. X-Men: First Class was so horrible.
  53. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am not all that familiar with X-Men, but this movie was AWESOME! I really liked the time element to it and the best part of the movie is when young Xavier meets old Xavier through Wolverine's head. The action was great, the ending had sort of an Inception feel to it, with multiple climaxes going on at once. My only gripe was that they tried to tie in the Kennedy assassination and the Cuban Missile Crisis into X-Men lore. I found that to be a little cheesy. The sentinels were awesome to watch, and the movie is polished, fun, and entertaining. 9/10 Expand
  54. Jun 3, 2014
    Best X-men yet. An intriguing plot, likable characters, awesome action and a small dose of humor make this the best flick of the summer so far. The acting was terrific, with great performances from Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage and Evan Peters. Speaking of Peters, Quicksilver was a big surprise and the highlight of the movie, eliminating all earlierBest X-men yet. An intriguing plot, likable characters, awesome action and a small dose of humor make this the best flick of the summer so far. The acting was terrific, with great performances from Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage and Evan Peters. Speaking of Peters, Quicksilver was a big surprise and the highlight of the movie, eliminating all earlier complaints about his design. DOFP leaves a tough act to follow for the rest of the summer. Must-Watch Expand
  55. May 26, 2014
    XM:DoFP is wonderful. It's not quite the story you remember from the comic books in the 80's, but the basic plot is there. Bolivar Trask has created a series of military robots known as the Sentinels, whose sole purpose is to hunt down and kill the mutant threat. Unfortunately, the Sentinels figure out that the threat is larger than that, and end up destroying all of human civilization.XM:DoFP is wonderful. It's not quite the story you remember from the comic books in the 80's, but the basic plot is there. Bolivar Trask has created a series of military robots known as the Sentinels, whose sole purpose is to hunt down and kill the mutant threat. Unfortunately, the Sentinels figure out that the threat is larger than that, and end up destroying all of human civilization. Wolverine must go back in time to stop the event that leads to the initial government funding of the Sentinels program.

And of course, we are introduced to more mutants. Bishop is able to absorb energy from his fellow mutants and blast his foes with it. Blink, aside from being cute as hell, has an amazing portal ability that will leave you wanting to see more. Quicksilver simply steals the show with his incredible speed.

Jennifer Lawrence is given a greatly increased role this time around, no doubt because of the success of her career in other films. And Michael Fassbender continues to grow into the role of the complicated Magneto.

It's worth noting that X3 did a lot of damage to the franchise. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ending of this film, but it does attempt to right the sins of the past.
  56. Jun 1, 2014
    This is an excellent X-Men film that continues the rise of quality that came with First Class. Days of Future Past is definitely worth the watch in theaters, but fans of its typical action pacing will want to understand that this movie progresses a bit slower and utilizes action without dragging it out mercilessly. It is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite, X-Men movie toThis is an excellent X-Men film that continues the rise of quality that came with First Class. Days of Future Past is definitely worth the watch in theaters, but fans of its typical action pacing will want to understand that this movie progresses a bit slower and utilizes action without dragging it out mercilessly. It is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite, X-Men movie to date and makes me think there's still plenty left in the tank for this Marvel series adaptation. Expand
  57. May 24, 2014
    X-Men Days of Future Past is a miracle movie. It rectifies all the mishaps of the past installments, that includes Last Stand, and cleans it up in one swoop. By having so many characters, you would have though that they will completely lost the plot, and suffered the same fate as many other franchise entries. But by focusing on the characters, Singer has made his best film since X-2. ItsX-Men Days of Future Past is a miracle movie. It rectifies all the mishaps of the past installments, that includes Last Stand, and cleans it up in one swoop. By having so many characters, you would have though that they will completely lost the plot, and suffered the same fate as many other franchise entries. But by focusing on the characters, Singer has made his best film since X-2. Its a sequel and a reboot, mixed in together. One of the very best comic book film. Expand
  58. May 29, 2014
    Great movie!!!! For the first time in a long time the odds really seem stacked against the heroes. Easily one of my favorite superhero movies to date. Quicksilver also makes an appearance and even though it is brief it was amazing an I want to see more. Overall XMDFP is an amazing movie!!
  59. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I say any thing else, this movie is innovative on its chronological story-telling by doing something the source material has done, but no movie I can think of has ever tried: It's a good movie that undoes a bad movie! Walking into this film, I knew the time-travel aspect could enable the franchise to do more things and subtract installations that knee-capped it (Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine). Now onto the film ignoring that novelty; this film's story is bleak and it is really not afraid to express that. Some scenes feel like Dark Souls, but with weight. The story is that Wolverine is sent back via Kitty Pryde's powers to the early 70's to unite a depressed Charlies Xavier and incarcerated Erik Lensher to undo Mystique's act which pretty much dooms everyone. Also, Logan has to cope with the inconvenience that since he's sent back before the Weapon X project, he only has his bone claws. That's as much plot as I want to give away. Because the movie is running off of virtually two ensemble casts, any one with any dialogue of significance being a damn good actor. What's awesome is that even though the bulk of the film takes place in the past, Bryan Singer's trademarks of it being an X-men film are more prominent than Matthew Vaughn, First Class's director and this one's co-writer: It's theme is a reprise of X2's theme accompanied by a creative CG intro with a monologue by Patrick Stewart. It's focus when not on action, is just smart dialogue (this is an executive producer of House we're talking about here). The only two pieces of advice I give to those going seeing is to see X-men, X2, Last Stand (if you see the bad one before this, you'll appreciate what this film does), and First Class and prepare for a comic-book film darker than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Expand
  60. May 23, 2014
    X-Men: Days Of Future past is the best X-men film to date, completely destroying the crowned king X2. The film is full of emotion, action and intensity, Brian Singer is an amazing director, this truly is one of his finest films and really captures how much he cares for the X-Men franchise. Just an absolute master-peace of a film, i could recommend this to anybody, even those that dislikeX-Men: Days Of Future past is the best X-men film to date, completely destroying the crowned king X2. The film is full of emotion, action and intensity, Brian Singer is an amazing director, this truly is one of his finest films and really captures how much he cares for the X-Men franchise. Just an absolute master-peace of a film, i could recommend this to anybody, even those that dislike superhero films because to me X-men isn't really about being a hero, its about trying to survive, trying to beat those that look down upon you in positive or negative ways and finding hope in hopeless situations which truly is the main theme for this film, finding Hope when all seems lost.

10/10, characters are superb, acting is amazing, Action is intense and the plot is one of the best ive ever seen form any superhero film.
  61. May 26, 2014
    This is probably the best X-men film to date. Finally the X-men franchise is living up to its potential. The plot is complex. Characters have agendas and motives that overlap or conflict at times and are authentic. It is an ensemble film where key characters are dynamic. At last what X-men should be.

The good. The plot within itself makes sense. Its really easy to mess that up in

The good.
    The plot within itself makes sense. Its really easy to mess that up in things involving time travel.
    The action sequences are pretty amazing. No one character is too powerful in comparison to others. The scenes set in the future manages to show a bleak abysmal world, but still evoke warmth between the onscreen characters. Including new characters you've never met who fit in seamlessly. And it adds to the rushed desperate feel of it. Scenes in the past manage to convey the feeling of the period aside just from a bunch of funky clothes. Characters are shown as fragile as well as being powerful.
    The bad.
    One apparent plot hole Charles Xavier is alive in this bleak future, yet when Wolverine is flashing back the rest of the dark phoenix ark from X3 clearly happened. One of the great things about this film is they get a chance to re-do that mess. I feel like they should have gone one way or the other on that. Or come up with a workaround. Things don't have to have happened exactly as we saw in X-3. In this future they obviously didn't. Maybe a deleted scene will explain it.
    Similarly as warm and re-assuring as it is to see the original X1 cast at the end of the film, it would have been a golden opportunity to re-cast a character or two as I hope they do going forward.
    Also, and I found this rather weird, Jennifer Lawrence emotes more and has more texture when she is Mystique. When you see her without all the blue makeup her face looks a tad airbrushed and she is not very expressive. I really do not know how they managed that one.
    Also anyone who is expecting anything more than a bit part from Storm. Sorry. Not in this movie.
    The verdict. At last we have moved past the period where creating a superhero movie meant cramming it up the wazoo with special effects. They should try to tell the best story they can, and add effects to heighten the experience. That is what this film does.
    It also gets a bonus point for giving them the ability to reboot the franchise to a higher expectation going forward.
  62. May 24, 2014
    Easily the best "X-Men" film since Singer's original attempts, "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" features a challengingly novel narrative structure, intensely engaging set pieces, and a bevy of memorable moments of pathos. And, although the film leaves many questions and thread left to be resolved, it still represents a magnificently satisfying return to form for one of cinema's first superheroEasily the best "X-Men" film since Singer's original attempts, "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" features a challengingly novel narrative structure, intensely engaging set pieces, and a bevy of memorable moments of pathos. And, although the film leaves many questions and thread left to be resolved, it still represents a magnificently satisfying return to form for one of cinema's first superhero franchises. Expand
  63. May 27, 2014
    Nice to see Bryan Singer back at the X-Men helm. He's clearly been missed since his departure.

Days of future past does a fantastic job melding all the movies together and bringing the X-universe back on track. Singer's direction is noticeable as everyone and everything in every scene does it's part well. However, as a bit of a fanboy of the comics, I am a little disappointed that

However, as a bit of a fanboy of the comics, I am a little disappointed that some of the trailered characters (Warparth, Blink, Sunspot, etc.) played really small roles. Still, for the short time they spend on screen, they still check really awesome and are done justice (unlike the over saturated mess that was Last Stand.)

I was a little curious to the casting of Peter Dinklage. He plays the role extremely well, but feels a bit out of place. Fair play on the writers not putting in any short jokes (as there was a ton of opportunity to do so.)

Hats off to James McAvoy, a stunning portrayal of Xavier, again. Michael Fassbender is Magneto, to the point that he seriously outshines Sir Ian McKellen (who is now obviously far too old to continue to play Magneto.)

If I had to have gripe, it is that effects didn't really blow me away (while I hated Last Stand, it did have some spectacular scenes,) but that's not a bad thing since it did a far better job and telling a rich coherent story.

Overall:
    While the effects may be toned down a little (from my point of view) X-Men Days of Future Past managed to tell a great story and represented its franchise fantastically! Bryan Singer: Welcome back!

Also what a great post credit scene! Can't wait for the next movie.

Side Note:
    If anyone from the production team for the next move reads this: Please, please, please put Psylocke into the next movie. Properly, not that abomination from Last Stand.
  64. May 26, 2014
    About 3 years ago, Mathew Vaughn tried a whole new level of Xmen with Xmen First Class, and despite being too long, it was brilliant. But now, in 2014, director of Superman Returns- Bryan Singer comes with another level of high class, well acted Xmen, with good results. The first think I want to say is that Days of Future Last isn't your typical action fulled, popcorn movie. If you likeAbout 3 years ago, Mathew Vaughn tried a whole new level of Xmen with Xmen First Class, and despite being too long, it was brilliant. But now, in 2014, director of Superman Returns- Bryan Singer comes with another level of high class, well acted Xmen, with good results. The first think I want to say is that Days of Future Last isn't your typical action fulled, popcorn movie. If you like the comics or are familier with the characters and storylines, it's good to go for you. Some movies are so gripping and they stay so true to their comics and origins- DOFP is that type of movie. The Xmen send Wolverine played by Hugh Jackman in the past to stop the war that came in the future. Hugh Jackman was really good in this movie. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were the highlights. Jennifer Lawrence and Halle Berry were there but they were normal fare. This is the most absorbing and greatest Xmen movie ever know in recent years, it deserves the hype, and sure as damn deserves this much pride. This is what Tarantino did to Pulp Fiction, what Nolan did to The Dark Knight, what Kubrick did to Clockwork Orange. This is real cinema. I think I have never watched a movie so exciting and refreshing. You walk out of the theatre felling a sense of joy or spotting those Easter eggs with your friends and family. That is why movies are made. And DOFP is just that and even more. Why wait? Devour this excellent piece of filmmaking. Expand
  65. May 30, 2014
    The Great: My favorite part of the film is the speed mutant. It was just so cool to watch him in action. But if he had stuck around for the rest of the film, it would be too easy.

Great ending as well - we get to see all the changes in the timeline, and showing Jean and Scott as a small tribute and connection to the original X-men trilogy was nice. But most importantly, the older timeline is still remembered by Logan; so the previous timeline we saw still holds some meaning.

The good: Great humor - especially with Wolverine. Great action. The young versions of the heroes were handled very well - like making Young Charles a drunk / druggie, so he has something to overcome if he wants to save the mutants. They did a good job with building the characters of the three key heroes - Mystique, Xavier, and Magneto. The chemistry between Fassbender and McAvoy was great just like in "X-men: First Class", and I liked how even though they reconcile, Magneto still decides to do things his own way and act as the villain.

The bad: very formulaic story with tons of exposition. Like Young Charles not wanting to help Logan and then agreeing after a 10 second shot of Raven's picture. Or the X-men in real time being attacked right when Logan is about to succeed in his mission. The plot was incredibly predictable and everything is done by the Hollywood formula. Also, some of the character decisions (primarily Magneto) were pretty stupid - if he had just talked to Mystique after they stopped the assassination, there would be no point for the escalation that followed.

Overall though a very solid entry in the superhero genre and the X-men series.
  66. May 23, 2014
    The best X-Men movie and the best Superhero movie in general, successfully puts this franchise back on the right track without it feeling cheap or fake.
  67. May 24, 2014
    Bryan Singer's return to the franchise created some major hype, and the results? X-Men: Days of Future Past exceeds expectations and dazzles throughout; from the opening sequence featuring old and new mutants allying against some Sentenals -- who, minor SPOILER alert, are winning -- to one of the funniest scenes in X-Men history, featuring Quicksilver and some slow-motion badassery. AndBryan Singer's return to the franchise created some major hype, and the results? X-Men: Days of Future Past exceeds expectations and dazzles throughout; from the opening sequence featuring old and new mutants allying against some Sentenals -- who, minor SPOILER alert, are winning -- to one of the funniest scenes in X-Men history, featuring Quicksilver and some slow-motion badassery. And for the ladies, there's even some minor man candy, in which Hugh Jackman is seen again flaunting his 40-something-year-old body in a short nude sequence.

The casual viewers might find it impossible to catch onto all the characters at the beginning, but Days of Future Past handles this story exceedingly well, choosing to maintain the attention on a select few characters. As usual, Jennifer Lawrence steals the spotlight with her sassy, sexy portrayal of the classic Mystique, however, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy are excellent in their roles as well and often maintain control over a storyline you'd think Logan himself usually ends up stealing.

Any casual or longtime certified X-Man shouldn't turn down the opportunity to see one of the finer entries in the X-Men franchise. It's a conceptually and visually stunning superhero story that's fast-paced and has enough dazzling direction, exhilarating action sequences, and moments of hilarity to make anyone firm believe that the days of X-Men's seemingly inevitable apocalypse -- and no, I'm not referring to the upcoming 2016 sequel -- are now officially over.
  68. May 25, 2014
    Being the oldest superhero franchise,the xmen series had a few flaws in some of its previous films but Singer was able to bring back the X-men grove and earn redemption in the latest instalment of the series.Totally satisfying and immensely Awesome
  69. May 24, 2014
    "So many battles waged over the years... and yet, none like this. Are we destined to destroy each other, or can we change each other and unite? Is the future truly set?"

Without a doubt the best X-men movie yet. Director Bryan Singer seamlessly blends the original series characters very well with First Class characters intertwining both universes into one cohesive film that by the end will leave you wanting more. I was actually surprised by how much i ended up liking X-Men: Days of Future Past, the trailers didn't really do anything for me and i have never really thought that the X-Men films were all that great to begin with the exception of First Class which i thought was a refreshing take on the franchise. The films plot deals with time travel and with that Bryan Singer rights all the wrongs that have been done to the franchise and setting it up for bigger and crazier things to come.

The film opens up in the future, times are dark and we see that only a few mutants are left thanks to a army of government controlled Sentinels made by Trask Industries. With little time left Xavier (Stewart) and Magneto (McKellen) with the help of kitty Pryde (Page) plan is to send Wolverine's (Jackman) consciousness back to 1973 in order to stop the Sentinel program from ever starting. Once in the 1970's story arc the plot turns to finding Mystique (Lawrence) as we soon find out that she is the main reason to why the future Sentinels are able to hunt down a kill the Mutants with ease.

Before Wolverine a young Xavier (McAvoy) and Beast (Hoult) can find Mystique they must free Magneto(Fassbender) who is being held prisoner 100 floors underneath the pentagon for committing a heinous crime killing the president. Anyways to free Magneto Wolverine seeks out the help of Quicksilver (Evan Peters) which honestly ended up being the biggest surprise of the whole movie. He pretty much stole every scene he was in, his part of the film ends up being the most humorist also he has this one scene that was just totally awesome pretty much everyone in my theater was laughing.

The action was kick ass in both the future and past stories but of course the future action was better and it doesn't take more then the opening to show you that. Another great thing about the film is that you get to see plenty of superheros die, not just die but get brutally killed that was actually cool to see for once. The film did have it fair share of problems and even though they didn't present that much of a problem it was still a shame to see Singer and the writers let that happen. The special effects were amazing to say the least at no point did i ever question it, even when we see things like Magneto ripping apart a baseball stadium and making it float across the sky as little parts of concrete and earth fall from it. The Sound editing was also pretty great too they knew the right moments to cut the sound out setting the tone of a intense and powerful scene, they do that a couple times throughout.

Overall i give it a 8.2 While i didn't think it was better then Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past is miles better then any previous X-Men movies and sets the path towards the Apocalypse in 2016.
  70. May 23, 2014
    One word, AMAZING. It is the best X-men movie to date. After the nightmare that was X-men 3, and X-men Origins, the past three X-men films have been much better, and this movie is the best one. With a lot of the original cast returning, this movie rights the wrongs of the franchise. it has a great story, and some amazing acting for a superhero movie, particularly by Fassbender and McAvoy.One word, AMAZING. It is the best X-men movie to date. After the nightmare that was X-men 3, and X-men Origins, the past three X-men films have been much better, and this movie is the best one. With a lot of the original cast returning, this movie rights the wrongs of the franchise. it has a great story, and some amazing acting for a superhero movie, particularly by Fassbender and McAvoy. This movie definitely brings back the good vibes that came with the first X-men movie, if you are a fan of superhero movies, or you just love a good summer blockbuster, this movie is a must see. Expand
  71. May 25, 2014
    Brian Singer brings X-Men back to the glory of when it was fully under his helm. This is taken from one of the better X-Men story lines. It's not the greatest action film, nor the greatest sic-fi film, nor the greatest comic book film. But' it's still excellent in all three categories.

I do not recommend to those who aren't already X-fans. I don't think it's accessible unless you already know and like the X-Men universe to some degree, at least. But the film fully delivers to those of us who are fans. For us, this is a great summer movie.
  72. May 27, 2014
    With a clever plot and a brilliant cast and we'll laid sequences x men days of future past is one of the best instalments in the franchise the actors are on there game they all know there role like the back of there hand even so after 14 years for some put they keep it fresh you also get more Jennifer Lawrence as mystique and a very unexpected ending x men fans will enjoy.
  73. Jun 3, 2014
    The biggest problem for me is probably because I came to see the movie with such high expectation that it was going to blow my mind and replace X2: X-Men United as my favorite installment of the franchise. The movie is still decent, and I love the story telling because it's pretty solid. However, while the scene from the future is very exciting with all the mutant fights, the past deliversThe biggest problem for me is probably because I came to see the movie with such high expectation that it was going to blow my mind and replace X2: X-Men United as my favorite installment of the franchise. The movie is still decent, and I love the story telling because it's pretty solid. However, while the scene from the future is very exciting with all the mutant fights, the past delivers too much of the drama and less the action. My favorite thing of Days of Future Past is, just like everyone else, the fresh portrayal of Quiksilver by Evan Peters. He's a very potential star and I'll still be waiting very enthusiastically for Apocalypse. Though I do have to say it has failed to hold its position on my favorite summer movie this year. Expand
  74. May 24, 2014
    NOW THIS IS A SUPERHERO MOVIE!!! This movie is brilliant, it even fixed the crappy X3 stuff, the story, acting, effects, even the soundtrack was amazing! Hands down the best superhero/comic movie ever! Take that The Amazing Spiderman 2 and your crap movie! This one is a MUST SEE!
  75. May 24, 2014
    As a fan of the series and watching all the previous xmen/wolverine movies i enjoyed this one alot. with a non linear plot line the directer did a great job of not making this confusing. i thought the emotion and passion was very sdtrong in the movie and it was a gripping movie. i loved how the story weaved from past to present and used both cast of actors from first class and theAs a fan of the series and watching all the previous xmen/wolverine movies i enjoyed this one alot. with a non linear plot line the directer did a great job of not making this confusing. i thought the emotion and passion was very sdtrong in the movie and it was a gripping movie. i loved how the story weaved from past to present and used both cast of actors from first class and the original movies. this wasn't simply a mutant mash-up and the plot was well mad eand as a fan of the series i think it held true to X-men and im pumped for the next one to come out! Expand
  76. May 26, 2014
    x-men days of future past is an amazing addition to a great series,director Bryan Singer returns as the triumphant director of X1 and X2,and what we get is an inrcredibly human,terrificly acted and brilliantly shot story,that just confuses quite a lot for the people that have seen all previous films including the prequels.

The performances were excellent from everyone ,yes some do get

The performances were excellent from everyone ,yes some do get more screentime than others,but they are also so well developed and heartful,that it's hard not to feel attached to these characters,wolverine is again great ,Hugh Jackman really nails his role ,i can't think of anyone else that will do it better than him,James Mcavoy and Michael Fassbender deliver their best performances as proffesor x and magneto,Jennifer Lawrence as mystique was incredible,Evan Peters who plays quicksilver is absolutely awesome,even though he's got few scenes in the movie he completely steals the show in them.It's a great ensemble that goes from small characters to big ones ,but it constantly manages to make them more and more apealing and relevant to the story.The story itself is really good,if not a little bit complex and illogical which is unfortunately it's only weakness,see the story is handled extremely well ,the general feel ,the mood ,the atmosphere,the characters,time-travel element is handled mostly well,and i say mostly only because the events that happen here don't really make sense to the other films ,without spoiling anything expect to be asking questions left and right and getting really twisted about how certain things work out and how they fit into the general story of x-men.

What Bryan Singer doesn't completely nail in his story department ,he does in action ,needless to say it's intense,suspensful ,badass,spectacular and even horrifying at times.The stand out scene for me was quicksilver set piece ,remember matrix's introduction to the groundbreaking slo-mo bullet time ,well this movie takes that onto a WHOOOOLLLE new level,involbing quicksilver running at a killer speed in slow motion dodging bullets ,hitting guards,climbing on walls,in a beatifully ,visually and choreographically stunning set piece that will blow your mind,accompanied by some great music by Jim Croce,the rest of the action is just as good if not a bit repetitive,if this movie would solely be judged by the action i'd say it delivers and then some.

The movie is a wild ,emotional ride ,that is done with a huge respect to the franchise,further develops characters and gives our eyes a true eye-candy,it's one of the best films of this year,it's definetely worth watching and even if it does confuse a little with it's time-travel structure,it still remains my second favorite x-men movie to date,right after first class.
  77. May 30, 2014
    Director Brian Singer takes all the best elements of the X-Men franchise to create satisfying installment that fans and moviegoers will enjoy. A perfect film to start off the summer, in my opinion.
  78. May 24, 2014
    Marvel, man. They have been on a roll! They are pumping out movies nonstop, and in return, money is raining on their heads. Heck, they're now the highest grossing movie franchise EVER now! However, all this doesn't mean that they rush their movies, nor do they act like they just want money for their movies. They put such care and attention into their films for all their devoted fans.Marvel, man. They have been on a roll! They are pumping out movies nonstop, and in return, money is raining on their heads. Heck, they're now the highest grossing movie franchise EVER now! However, all this doesn't mean that they rush their movies, nor do they act like they just want money for their movies. They put such care and attention into their films for all their devoted fans. Guess what? X-Men Days of Future Past is just like the other Marvel films in terms of quality, if not better! At the core of every Marvel movie, their true genre is action. One-on-one fight scenes with hero and villain, countless numbers of structures falling down, explosions (not to a Michael Bay degree though), it's awesome action. So of course, DoFP has amazing action with all the X-Men. I loved seeing their mutant powers come to life and then watching in awe as they kicked ass. Speaking of the characters and their powers, all of them are truly brought to life. While the acting is nothing revolutionary, everybody still does a fine job. I especially liked Michael Fassbender's performance as Magneto. He really acts like a menace sometimes (which he will do more than often in the movie), and there's not a better pick for a character that's supposed to be cruel than him. The title of the movie gives you some hints about the storyline, right? Well, what happens is that the world is getting eaten up by the Sentinels, and they are still trying to kill every mutant they can find. The X-Men soon figure out someone must go into the past with Kitty's powers to change what happened. I will not lie, you will have to pay attention most of the time. It wasn't a problem for me, though. While it's not the most original Marvel storyline you've ever heard, it's still interesting enough to keep you entertained. In terms of flaws, I really couldn't detect any. Does that mean it's a 10 out of 10 masterpiece (12 Years a Slave is considered that score imo)? No. Yet still, DoFP is still gonna be one of best Marvel movies you've seen. All these positives really add up into being a great time at the movies. It's worth it. GO SEE IT! Expand
  79. May 24, 2014
    Brilliant. The masterpiece of the X-Men saga. Clever, funny and captivating. A message to Disney: Be inspired by that movie for the next movies... REALLY. Only one negative point: the absence of Anna Paquin.
  80. Jun 6, 2014
    actually, this movie was quite different then before, this movie has breathtaking graphic and the story line is not bad enough, the acting of actor and actress was good and marvelous, the action is very good too thought, this movie was the best of the year for me, I like this
  81. May 28, 2014
    Director - Bryan Singer

Starring - Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen X-Men is the oldest franchise that Marvel currently have in their ever expanding film universe. However it has been surpassed by the Avengers, both in their stand alone films and the juggernaut that was Avengers Assemble. Then Matthew Vaughn's prequel,
    Director - Bryan Singer

X-Men is the oldest franchise that Marvel currently have in their ever expanding film universe. However it has been surpassed by the Avengers, both in their stand alone films and the juggernaut that was Avengers Assemble. Then Matthew Vaughn's prequel, X-Men: First Class (2011) shot some much needed life back into the series and things started to look up. But could the franchise keep it up?

Now Bryan Singer, director of the first two mutant films, is back and has the mammoth task of combining both sets of actors and giving us a film more credible and entertaining than the dismal X-Men: Last Stand (2006).

Without giving too much away, the plot revolves around Magneto and Professor X (McKellen and Stewart) sending Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) back in time to 1973 to see... Magneto and Professor X (Fassbender and McAvoy). Their mission is to change history and prevent the war that will wipe out mutant kind. And thus we go from old cast to new.

James McAvoy plays a broken Charles Xavier with raw anger and sadness, far removed from the all-knowing calm figure of Stewart. He is a joy to watch as he struggles with his power.

Fassbender is also a wonder, never overplaying a role that could have led to scenery chewing of the highest order. The chemistry between both actors is amazing, I just wish they had more time together.

Jennifer Lawrence has made the role of Mystique/Raven her own (Rebecca who??) She is sexy, sassy and focused but has not yet grown into her evil persona of the original films, which means we can truly love her (for now anyway).

And onto Jackman. You just have to look at the posters to see he is supposed to be the star of the film and there is no denying that he has been consistently good even as the films diminished in quality. While he does play an important role in the plot, he sometimes acts as merely a foil for the new cast but what a foil he is.

Special mention goes to Nicholas Hoult's Beast who has grown as a character even if his screen time isn't extensive.

I couldn't write a review without mentioning Quicksilver. I admit that when I first read about the character being included I was sceptical. I truly believed that Singer only did it to piss off Whedon and the folks at the new Avengers film. But Evan Peters is a blast as the super speedy mutant who, despite his limited screen time, makes every scene he's in his own. His performance is an obvious contrast to the serious portrayal that Aaron Taylor Johnson will probably give in Age of Ultron (if the mid-credit scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier is anything to go by). Also, there is a cheeky little nod to his parentage; brought a smile to my face.

The film itself is well paced... action and emotion in equal balance. The 131 minute run time passes by without feeling like it is starting to lag.

The mixture of high quality digital and grainy 1970s film is used to great effect.

As with most Marvel films, stay until the end of the credits for a peak into what lies ahead for X-Men.

There are a few niggles I have (at the beginning of the film Wolverine's claws are back to being made from adamantium which pretty much negates anything that happened in The Wolverine) but for the most part Singer brings back the familiar and fans can feel safe in his capable hands.
  82. May 25, 2014
    Just got back from watching X-Men: DOFP. Very entertaining with some great (and not so great) effects; but with some very sincere moments of character development, specially with Prof. X. All the acting was top-notch as you would expect. However, there were some (major) characters who hardly got a word in at all. One major character was just seen in the hallway at the end and anotherJust got back from watching X-Men: DOFP. Very entertaining with some great (and not so great) effects; but with some very sincere moments of character development, specially with Prof. X. All the acting was top-notch as you would expect. However, there were some (major) characters who hardly got a word in at all. One major character was just seen in the hallway at the end and another (future-version) major character wasn't seen at all (If Magneto got his power back after X-Men: Last Stand, didn't she?). Characters we did get to see and actually have some lines, were great. New characters (for the movie series) were awesome: Quicksilver!

As with all time-traveling-based stories, it's always a challenge to pull it off "realistically". X-Men: DOFP did so splendidly and with heart. Nice story, indeed. Again, some very deep moments. The effects were top-notch in most of the scenes... but a few, well, had less time spent on them (ie: the fall out of the window).

Very enjoyable, smart superhero movie for summer. Go see it!
  83. May 29, 2014
    My favorite x men movie as of right now the action was great and the characters I sincerely cared for there was a lady played by Ellen Page and I don't know what her name was unfortunately but I liked her and I felt bad when she got hurt wolverine was awesome because well he's wolverine magneto was amazing and well pretty Much every other character was to there was a surprising amount ofMy favorite x men movie as of right now the action was great and the characters I sincerely cared for there was a lady played by Ellen Page and I don't know what her name was unfortunately but I liked her and I felt bad when she got hurt wolverine was awesome because well he's wolverine magneto was amazing and well pretty Much every other character was to there was a surprising amount of emotion in this movie so prepare your tear ducts and the question is would I put this up there with Avengers , the dark knight rises and whatnot yes I would and beyond an easy 10/10 five out of five and a bad a** seal of approval Expand
  84. May 25, 2014
    This is not just the best X-men film so far, it's the best Marvel film so far. A huge improvement from the ridiculously overrated Avengers. The plot is well thought, despite being a sequel the character development is decent. The cinematography and visual effects are spot on. And the acting was terrific, James McAvoy in particular was absolutely spectacular and deserves to be at leastThis is not just the best X-men film so far, it's the best Marvel film so far. A huge improvement from the ridiculously overrated Avengers. The plot is well thought, despite being a sequel the character development is decent. The cinematography and visual effects are spot on. And the acting was terrific, James McAvoy in particular was absolutely spectacular and deserves to be at least considered for a supporting actor nod.
    Although the film does have a few issues, but overall, it accounts for a great cinematic achievement.
  85. May 23, 2014
    This X-men movie is the best one for its: understandable character development, spectacular action, powerful dialogue, subtle fanservice, and respect to the source material.
  86. May 30, 2014
    the best x men movie made so far, this will delight you in so many ways. the outstanding ensemble with great action sequences, to a nearly flawless story (you unfortunately cant deny the confusion the x men time frame has created), and the exciting score- this film is simply awesome!! after the devastating x-men: the last stand, you will be glad to find Bryan Singer as the ultimatethe best x men movie made so far, this will delight you in so many ways. the outstanding ensemble with great action sequences, to a nearly flawless story (you unfortunately cant deny the confusion the x men time frame has created), and the exciting score- this film is simply awesome!! after the devastating x-men: the last stand, you will be glad to find Bryan Singer as the ultimate director and storyteller.
    this is undoubtedly the best marvel film ever and no match for all the other petty stunts.
  87. May 25, 2014
    Now this is what I'm talking about. This is definitley my favorite X-Men movie. And since X2 was my favorite comic book movie, this is now my favorite comic book movie. This is an absolute must see. Great plot, great acting, actual strong emotion and one of the best final battles I've ever seen. Go see it!
  88. May 29, 2014
    A thoughtful, well-crafted, highly metaphorical action adventure film that doesn't rely on special effects alone to carry its story. An excellent ensemble cast, terrific visuals and ample wit make this a crowd-pleasing blockbuster that provides plenty of food for thought as well.
  89. May 26, 2014
    In order to garner full value of this movie, it is critical one has seen the prior X-men movies. Initially, I did not have high expectations for, yet another sequel. I thought, how could they possibly improve on the prior films? Well, they did it... The story, plot and special effects are exceptional. This movie not only plays on the various attributes of the favorite X-men characters, butIn order to garner full value of this movie, it is critical one has seen the prior X-men movies. Initially, I did not have high expectations for, yet another sequel. I thought, how could they possibly improve on the prior films? Well, they did it... The story, plot and special effects are exceptional. This movie not only plays on the various attributes of the favorite X-men characters, but adds a few new wrinkles to the saga, as well as, provides sub-textual life lessons. This is a must see movie and I highly recommend the 3D version. I reserve the rating of 10 for those few "epic" films, therefore; I rate this particular movie a 9 and save the rating of 10 for the entire series. Go see this movie... Expand
  90. May 24, 2014
    I watched the movie with a bad expectation about it, but that Xmovie surprised me, was not that tiring sequence as Xmen3 or XmenOriginsWolverine. It flows as well as drawings and comics. Regarding the storyline, is at the level of Captain America 2.
  91. May 26, 2014
    Best Xmen movie since Xmen 2. I feel like this movie has given the franchise a well need jump start. Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence are great, but the Quicksilver scene steals the show
  92. May 27, 2014
    Easily the greatest X-Men movie ever created in the history of ever. It blew minds. Go see it. Literally the best one released so far. Honestly, this is probably the best that super-hero movies are ever going to get to. The last superhero movie that I saw that I thought was this good was Spiderman 2 with Tobey Maguire (and can't forget that Willem Dafoe cameo) and X-Men blows that movieEasily the greatest X-Men movie ever created in the history of ever. It blew minds. Go see it. Literally the best one released so far. Honestly, this is probably the best that super-hero movies are ever going to get to. The last superhero movie that I saw that I thought was this good was Spiderman 2 with Tobey Maguire (and can't forget that Willem Dafoe cameo) and X-Men blows that movie out of the water. I've seen it four times already, and I'm ready for a fifth. Seriously, no movie has had me this engaged. Michael Fassbender as Magneto and Patrick Stewart as Professer X had the greatest bromance since Brokeback Mountain, and it had me sobbing in the theatre, along with those next to me. You can't remember a greater post-credits clip than the one schwarma scene in the Avengers, and this movie annihilates that one. You gotta wait till the end of the credits. Words cannot express how much this movie means to me, and how much it has affected me in the days after I experienced the beauty that is X-Men: Days of Future Past. Go see it, and don't forget the Kleenex and Vaseline. Expand
  93. Jun 2, 2014
    One of the best X-Men movie I have ever seen. I was hoping to see a little bit more about the future part. Special effects were amazing, actors were amazing, story was amazing and the sentinels were just so bad ass. Great movie, to be seen right away.
  94. May 28, 2014
    I have a personal dislike for marvel. I feel that as if most of their movies are meant for kids.However, X-Men : Days of future past was able to bring in such a good story ark and character development that the most common issue I have with Marvel flushed down the toilet. It proved to be a great movie that not only is the best X-Men movie but also one the best marvel movies ever put on theI have a personal dislike for marvel. I feel that as if most of their movies are meant for kids.However, X-Men : Days of future past was able to bring in such a good story ark and character development that the most common issue I have with Marvel flushed down the toilet. It proved to be a great movie that not only is the best X-Men movie but also one the best marvel movies ever put on the big screen. Expand
  95. May 28, 2014
    Nice movie , I didn't expect it to be that good! Highly recommend it someone who hasn't watched it yet! The cast is amazing and it will keep your eyes wide open from beginning!
  96. May 29, 2014
    The actors are superb in this X-Men installment. The movie was well paced with no lulls. Interjecting the characters into a sort of alternate history created an environment ripe with ways to entertain the viewer. The story is nothing short of captivating. This is possibly the best of the X-Men movies.
  97. Jun 1, 2014
    As a huge x-men fan growing up, I liked this movie a lot; however, I didn't think it was AS great as people are proclaiming it to be. It's a good story, but it could be difficult for younger viewers to follow. Also, the movie does deviate from the source material quote a bit, but that's not a big deal.
    Also worth nothing is that there really isn't that much action in it. That's not to say that the lack of action makes it any less of a movie, but it's just something to note before going into watching this movie.
    Overall, this is a really good movie.
  98. Jul 30, 2014
    BY FAR the worst xmen movie ever made the mistakes both logical and else where just all over the place it was just such a huge bummer and such a terrible movie that i dont even know where to begin to criticize ...
    But above all the sentinels kicking mutant as* 'es like its nothing is what killed it for me i mean come on ... Anyone who has watched the xmen - tas and read the xmen comics would say the same thing about this terrible excuse of an xmen movie my overview opinion is that marvel should stop making movies and ruining childhoods because this thing totally ruined mine ...
  99. Sep 18, 2014
    Coming from a longtime fan of the comics, this was a GOOD movie. It was probably the most anticipated of the X-Men movies I have seen lately. I was disappointed at how they deviated from the original story ark that the movie was based on, but I do understand that they are trying to connect the original X-Men movies with the newer X-Men: First Class team.
  100. Oct 3, 2014
    Fantastic film, I really enjoyed First Class and was eager to see the sequel as soon as it ended. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, and haven't really followed it that much in terms of comics and its previous films. I have seen X-men 1, 2 and 3. But I haven't seen the Wolverine films.

Days of Future Past is very entertaining throughout the entire film, very well done and enjoyable. Although the storyline isn't complex the action is where the heart of the film is, and I enjoyed every second of the film.

1. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    May 23, 2014
    Ambitious, even audacious, the movie's mix of action and for-devotees-only intrigue can overwhelm, but there are moments of sheer virtuosity, too.
    He’s (Singer) reborn — deft, elegant, spring-heeled — in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The special effects don’t bog him down: They lift the movie to a surreal and more emotional dimension.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 22, 2014
    I couldn’t follow many of the ins and outs of the time-travel scenario, and I’m not altogether sure that the filmmakers could, either. It doesn’t really matter. It’s enough that the movie is fun. We shouldn’t also expect it to make sense.