4.7

1. Feb 4, 2011
    I really don't understand the low rating because I absolutely loved this movie. I've watched it several times and could keep on watching it again and again. I wasn't a Jack Black fan before seeing this, but now I'm more interested in seeing his movies. Michael Cera was terrific, as one might expect.
  2. Jul 24, 2012
    Very funny, with jokes very well done, this is really an example of "do not trust blindly in the critical", it is worth watching and be sure the writers had a lot of work on the jokes, because they are perfect! To give a low grade for jokes so good, one must be very boring, and is running with all work very well executed! In short: It's worth seeing, and give a good grade, to show these critics that they are jerks! Expand
  3. JB-
    Nov 6, 2012
    It was very funny I loved this movie.. .
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    Michal Cera character do this film funny, literlay this film without him is crap, Jack Black sucks, but still have funny moments, so, i think that this film is a few laughs and generally good
  5. Sep 17, 2014
    There are few movies I can watch over and over. The Matrix, LotR - The Fellowship of the Ring, The Hobbit and I've recently added Year One to this short list. The first time I saw it, I think there was just too much to take in. It's crammed with jokes and subtle body language. If you're stuck up or don't like outrageous humor like Dumb and Dumber, don't bother. I don't feel like reading another "Woe is me, this movie is so disgusting/offensive/gross". Go back to your Downton Abbey.

Best parts: Michael Cera dancing, "You can stick your finger in it's hole", "Ribbit... Go Away Marlack", Michael Cera Sleep Over with gassy kid, "muscle tribe of danger and excellence", "What does this look like?", "I've seen what you do with your right hand, no thanks."

Year One is not really THAT bad and not ENTIRELY without laughs.
  2. During all of the film’s oh-so-long 97 minutes, Year One, barely earns a snicker.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Any good will the movie generates, though, is grated right back off by Black, whose obnoxiousness has lost whatever charm it once possessed.