Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 19, 2008
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 288 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JanetDec 22, 2008
Another flop from Jim Carrey. Who reviews his scripts.
AlexJ.Jan 26, 2009
DIABOLICAL FILM. Jim Carrey ruined it big time, he always does. Probably loves men and all. Winky face.
KevinSApr 10, 2009
I knew every second of this movie within the first 5 minutes. Like baking bread, this thing never strayed from it's recipe. Seemed more like a self-help message extended into 1.5 excruciating hours.
jDDec 21, 2008
Trite, boring jim C vehicle. High point is zoey D. She grounds the run away train & adds a sweetness to the flick that really is the only consistent positive. Overall a flop of a film. Wait for DVD.
DarwinDec 21, 2008
It's the end of the line for Jim Carrey. It's almost as if he's stuck in a time warp back in the 90's. He needs a script with new material to salvage his once superstar career. Too many bad movies to suit me.
LolitaDec 21, 2008
Time for JC to ride off into the sunset. He plays the same character in every film. Enough already as it's no longer funny. Grow up.
CarolSJan 13, 2009
I walked out of this movie and I haven't done that in a very long time. I found it tiresome, not that funny (Carey's schtick is getting worn out). Only reason to give it a one was his co-star, Zoey. She's fresh and brought a I walked out of this movie and I haven't done that in a very long time. I found it tiresome, not that funny (Carey's schtick is getting worn out). Only reason to give it a one was his co-star, Zoey. She's fresh and brought a bit of life to this dog. Expand
RichieDec 21, 2008
Don't spend you hard earned money on this sappy crap.
heyitsmegrif4Jan 2, 2012
Jim Carrey gives a typical performance which ends up not funny because he always acts the same way. And the premise is quite silly and Zooey Deschannel doesn't belong in this awful movie she needs to do better things. I give this movie 21%.
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
Jim Carrey has the potential for something funnier, but instead stars in this painfully average and mostly predictable comedy that doesn't do anything new. Yes, this movie isn't funny.