4.2

1. Oct 1, 2011
    Oh please. "Yogi Bear" is terrible film with nothing useful. From acting (oh I forgot, there IS no acting) to story, everything tastes extremely bland. Just... just don't watch it. It's meaningless as hell.
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    Oh my God. What were they thinking. I didn't expect an Oscar caliber movie, but certainly better than this. Anyone over the age of 5 will be looking for the exit after about 5 minutes of this crap.
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    Just plain awful nothing can compare because it is that. I give this just unexplainable movie a terrible just awful 4% of a good movie. Boy is that awful.
  4. Dec 21, 2010
    It is predictable in its humor but it doesnt try TOO hard so it isnâ
  5. Dec 17, 2010
    In all honesty, I went into this film with low expectations. As the distributor who acquired rights was Warner Brothers, (who also messed up a live action dragon ball Z adaptation along with countless other films). I was thinking that the wrong people would be chosen to make this film and the wrong people would be involved with it. Boy, I was right.
    The film is nothing but a bunch of crass
    The film is nothing but a bunch of crass humor with an all star cast. As a lot of production companies usually do, they focus more on the quality of the CGI animation rather than the quality of the "characters" that the CGI animation is supposed to represent.

My Review Score: 33/100

Final Consensus: If you have kids, take them, if not, then DON'T! It pays no homage to the original Yogi Bear. If you want more reviews like this, or want to request a review from me.
    Sign up on gamerspurgatory.darkbb.com and send a private message to me (DarkZX)
    I will take all requests.
  6. Aug 31, 2011
    I expected a terrible movie when I went to the movies to watch it with my 4 year-old brother. It's beyond terrible; it's just **** The actors are really bad (especially Anna Faris's performance), and there is no script. It's not funny, and it has no message at all.
  7. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crap like "The Yogi Bear Hour" and other William Hanna and Joseph Barbera crimes against animation(save for their stint with MGM) are the foremost reason why some people today still insist on pigeonholing "cartoons" as being strictly a medium for children. All that junk which inundated the airwaves on those Saturday mornings of yore can be attributed to Hanna-Barbera's maiden voyage("The Ruff and Reddy Show") into television(following a successful run helming "Tom and Jerry" shorts). Their second offering, "The Huckleberry Hound Show", made its debut in 1958, and right away, the Jellystone National Park bear became the program's breakout star, paving the way for future successes such as "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" and "The Jetsons", and other like-minded production companies who imitated Hanna-Barbera's cut-rate animation methods, which more than often, married the cut-rate imagination of their banal premises and storylines. The only means of justifying, as it turns out, such ephemeral programming, is through compartmentalization, in which the aging Generation X-er views a show like "The Yogi Bear Hour" purely as a nostalgic trip, divorced from any sort of critical language that would delineate the shoddiness of the overtly commercial enterprise, one whose sole purpose was to peddle sugary breakfast cereals to little kids. As art, even the venerable Flintstones, were not gr-r-r-r-eat, even by Adult Swim standards. On "The Simpsons"(which was the first prime-time animated program since Fred and Wilma left the air in 1960, creator Matt Groening seems to express a love/hate relationship with Hanna-Barbera's body of work through the cartoon-within-a cartoon, "The Itchy and Scratchy Hour", an ultra-violent homage to the feuding characters' predecessors, "Tom and Jerry", the crowning artistic achievement in a chequered past for these problematic animators. But is it homage? Maybe not. In each episode, the mouse(Itchy) eviscerates the cat(Scratchy) so thoroughly and in such graphic detail, the evocation to the MGM shorts hardly looks like a loving one, but instead, takes on the appearance of being a desecration; a rebuke, perhaps, to the sell-out that followed when the collaborative team transitioned themselves from the big screen to the small screen, where they proceeded to infantilize the art form in the superceeding decades to follow. Groening seemingly pisses on the one accomplishment that Hanna and Barbera can hang their hats on, in which Bart and Lisa, once every feline snuff short reaches its inevitable solution, laughs, or rather, gets the last laugh, as if mocking the children's programming pioneers, who once launched a Yogi Bear offshoot in outer space(the short-lived "Yogi's Space Race", which capitalized on the "Star Wars" phenomena), and laughed all the way to the bank. And now, six years after a certain talking dog last got the big-screen treatment(2004's "Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"), the talking bear undergoes the same computer-generated transmogrification process, as well, a consolation prize of sorts for missing out on the three-strip Technicolor process. Similar to his canine stablemate with the speech impediment, the smooth-talking bear with a propensity for thievery has never looked better, but despite the makeover, the twenty-first century edition of this allegedly loved bear finds himself stuck in the same one-note narrative that rued the earlier models and their respective programs("Yogi's Gang", "Yogi's Treasure Hunt", and "Laff-A-Lympics, where the Yogi Bears squared off with the Scooby-Doos and the Really Rottens), which are best left forgotten on the popular culture trash heap. The only entertainment that can be imparted from this live-action version of "Yogi Bear" is the thought of Justin Timberlake(the epitome of smarm in David Fincher's "The Social Network", playing Napster founder Sean Parker) doing his Boo-Boo voice-overs in the sound booth, since it's pretty clear, as evidenced by the shortage of laughs(Anna Faris, notwithstanding), that neither he nor Dan Ackroyd were allowed to improvise. Like Trix, "Yogi Bear" is for kids, but alas, herein lies the paradox: it's for kids who grew up. After all, the last original Yogi Bear cartoons ran in the mid-eighties. Since then, the aforementioned "Simpsons" happened. "Spirited Away" happened. "The Triplets of Belleville" happened". "King of the Hill" happened. "Mulan" happened(minority opinion). "Ratatouille" happened. More sophisticated than your average cartoon-watcher(the kids of Generation X, who may not know who Yogi is), the now-mature viewer may wonder why a frog-mouth turtle would impress national park patrons more than a talking bear(who can maneuver a jet-ski like a Go-Go) when Jellystone nearly closes due to a mayor's machinations to rezone the land. What's next? "Shazam"? Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2010
    After seeing trailers for this movie, I had low expectations. And although this is better than that damned Alvin & the Chipmunks 2, I can't help but feel it is in the same league!! The special effects are really (and I mean really) bad, & whereas the cast is well-chosen, they are let down by a crappy script & even crappier directors.
    At least it's better than Furry Vengeance.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    When i first heard about this movie I was excited to see it. But I was disappointed about the movie.
    The acting was pretty bad. Except Yogi and Booboo they were the only good characters in the movie.
    I saw this in 3-D, the 3-D was ok in some parts but i don't think this needed to be in 3-D.

All and all i thought it was a bit average.
  10. Dec 30, 2010
    Cute movie. The fluff you'd expect, but nothing objectionable. Bad acting and pretty stiff, but a cute film to take the kids to. Nothing to really satisfy the boomer nostalgia that will bring people in. But at least they took the high road on humour. No potty stuff.
  11. Feb 26, 2011
    Hmm... When I went to see this movie, I though it was going to suck real bad. Turns out, you really just need to remove the words "real and "bad". It just sucks. It was a lot better than I though it was going to be and I can usually tell if anything will be a flop before the reviews come in. Yes, it was a flop. Why? Well, the animation feels old, you can tell it's green-screened in someHmm... When I went to see this movie, I though it was going to suck real bad. Turns out, you really just need to remove the words "real and "bad". It just sucks. It was a lot better than I though it was going to be and I can usually tell if anything will be a flop before the reviews come in. Yes, it was a flop. Why? Well, the animation feels old, you can tell it's green-screened in some parts, the story is bad and most of the jokes are lame. On the upside, some jokes DID work, the voice acting for Yogi Bear was good and the fireworks scene was pretty cool but unless you're a kid under 8 years old, I say it's best to leave this one. Expand
  12. May 4, 2011
    This was probably the worst movie ever there was no story it was funny at all and it is a total waist of money.Either rent this or never see this movie!
  13. Jun 26, 2011
    It's a shame, Yogi Bear is such a classic. I will admit I let out a giggle every now and again due to it being... Yogi Bear. As a movie it severely lacks in storyline and I lost interest about a third of the way through.
  14. Jul 23, 2011
    Yogi Bear is a bad film with good parts. The only good parts in the film is remembering how the yogi bear cartoon series was like. The problems with the film is boring, dull, not funny and dosent do a great job on yogi bear that they should have done. I would only see this if you want but i wouldnt watch this again.
  15. Sep 25, 2011
    10 minutes after watching the movie, I wanted to leave. It forces it's cliche, dry, predictible humor down your throat, the CGI is one of the worst I've seen in a modern movie, and the story is so overused and random that there is nothing good about it. I stayed for 20 minutes to see if it got better, and it just got worse. I immediately walked out disgusted.
  16. Dec 10, 2011
    Oh ho-ho, I see what they are trying to do here: they're using the image of an iconic, beloved character who has been living with us for generations just to cover up the messiness present on his deplorable script and lamentable acting. Sorry Yogi-bear, but nothing on this film was worthy of my money.
  17. Sep 1, 2011
    ONE OF THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE ..... Script BAD , Directing BAD , Acting SO BAD , Music BAD , Effect NOT BAD BUT NOT THAT GOOD EITHER .........I have no else to say coz i think I've made it pretty clear .
    Story : 0.12
    Directing : 0.12
    Acting : 0.02
    Sound :0.12
    Effect : 0.72

OVERALL : 110
  18. Jul 9, 2014
    These live action movies with CGI characters are almost impossible to master. I should know, I've seen Alvin & the Chipmunks. This is a worse example. The comedic acting is laughable itself, and not in a good way. The whole film is annoying and drab. Don't take your kids, unless they're less than three.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Feb 7, 2011
    The wee'uns may enjoy the forest-based capers but for adults this is no pickernick.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Dec 17, 2010
    Here, Dan Aykroyd mimics the original voice, but the three-dimensional CGI isn't loose and lively enough to compensate for the unimaginative story.
    While the outdoor sequences were filmed in New Zealand's Woodhill State Forest – the movie's most stunning 3-D moments – Yogi Bear does feature notable "Canadian content" via two Ottawa-born thespians.