You Again

5.4

1. Sep 29, 2010
    You Again has what so many other movies seem to have in recent years: a great cast wasted on a terribly boring, average script and a plot whose twists you can see coming from miles away. Betty White is tragically underused, Odette Yustman (I know, I didn't know who she was either) is almost painfully bad and Kristen Bell, as always tries her hardest to save the movie, but she just isn'tYou Again has what so many other movies seem to have in recent years: a great cast wasted on a terribly boring, average script and a plot whose twists you can see coming from miles away. Betty White is tragically underused, Odette Yustman (I know, I didn't know who she was either) is almost painfully bad and Kristen Bell, as always tries her hardest to save the movie, but she just isn't believable as a 'nerd'. The movie is, however, saved just a tad by the warm chemistry between Jamie Lee Curtis and the always amazing Sigourney Weaver. The scenes between them are natural, funny, and at one point, even heart-warming, but always believable. Someone really needs to give Weaver a role that can win her an Oscar, because I really can't think of any actor more deserving than her. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    Okay, so maybe it's because I saw it for free during a sneak preview, or maybe because I expected it to be completely lame that I was able to be somewhat pleasantly surprised and found I actually enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't expect greatness, so I wasn't disappointed that it was mediocre, but sometimes funny and sometimes even a little touching. If you are in the mood for aOkay, so maybe it's because I saw it for free during a sneak preview, or maybe because I expected it to be completely lame that I was able to be somewhat pleasantly surprised and found I actually enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't expect greatness, so I wasn't disappointed that it was mediocre, but sometimes funny and sometimes even a little touching. If you are in the mood for a silly, occasionally funny Disney-fied movie, this one isn't too bad. Though, the friend I saw it with thought it was total crap, so maybe I was just in a good mood that night. :-) Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2010
    The formula here is so overused it fails to be charming and just comes out as messy. There are a few moments of clarity brought to you by our star power houses of Sigorny Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Betty White make it worth a look.
  4. Mar 7, 2011
    Honestly, this movie had a good premise, but was terrible in execution, Not funny, had way to many "full house music spots", and it was un-funny, boring. I sound like a broken record.
  5. Mar 7, 2011
    you again wasn't the most amazing movie out there but it was still a cute little film that to me made my family laugh. I have to admit the acting in it was sometimes to over dramatic, only because the actress herself couldn't fit into a "royal **** role because shes a true sweet heart (Odette Yustman). She matched the pretty, girl lovable, Joana but as J J she really didn't know how to beyou again wasn't the most amazing movie out there but it was still a cute little film that to me made my family laugh. I have to admit the acting in it was sometimes to over dramatic, only because the actress herself couldn't fit into a "royal **** role because shes a true sweet heart (Odette Yustman). She matched the pretty, girl lovable, Joana but as J J she really didn't know how to be a bad girl. not only that but there are a few revisions of the screen play that could have been written better then maybe the movie wouldn't have turned out to look so fake at times. Other then that it was a cute film but it didn't turn out the way I expected it Expand
  6. Dec 7, 2012
    A movie with great actors and fun.
  7. Mar 21, 2014
    this is the a step we should all learn when you meet someone who you know bullied you in highschool get revenge on them . i have seen this movie to many though thats why i am giving it a 6/10 .
    Grade C-

1. A lot of gunk: dance-offs, sing-alongs, awkward exes, and a dirty-talking White blasting through, I'm afraid, the last bits of her novelty. That again?
    The movie's pleasures are scant, apart from its observance of Gene Siskel's Rule of Swimming Pool Adjacency, which states that when well-dressed people are near a swimming pool, they will - yeah, you got it.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    As the girl fights and rivalry play out, flashes of wit are obscured by the plot's contrivances.