5.3

1. Jul 17, 2015
    With moments of pure fun and laughter , the story is not deep and you lose interest in the progress of the movie that ends in a very obvious way.A film to be seen only once .
  2. Jan 20, 2015
    This one of there most funny movies I have ever seen! From start to finish it has been hilarious and entertaining! This movie is easily worth watching!
  3. Jul 8, 2014
    A terrible, terrible movie not funny one bit. Got this one thinking it would be really funny but I was wrong. It was a waste of time and was so stupid. Didn't laugh even once during this entire movie
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    I have no idea why critics rate this movie so low, because it is actually very good. Since it's a comedy, and we see a lot of funny moments during this nearly 2-hour long movie thanks to Sandler's commitment to his character, were i a film critic i would certainly grade "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" somewhere between 60 and 64
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    Dennis Dugan and Adam Sandler have worked together several times before in the past, however they've never made a movie quite as funny as this! Definitely one of Sandler's best films.
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    Zohan is a mess.
    An extremely inconsistent film that fails with most of its delivery. The script is poor but not awful, and the acting is surprisingly okay. Many of the laughs fail, the excessive descriptive sexual content verbalized for "jokes" ends up getting very tiresome by the end. All I can say is that there are some cheap laughs that succeed.
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    It's the kind of film that is so painfully stupid that it's funny. Yes you may get a few laughs out of it but those laughs are the kind of laughs you have when something is so stupid that you can't believe they actually thought that'd be funny or worth putting in a film.
  8. May 13, 2013
    stupidity at it's best,if u wanna prove U r clasy by dislikn dis stupid mastrpc..U lack stupid depth lol..john turturro as phatush is quite remarkable n adam O stupid adam only U n only U r funny widout a funny bone ha ha
  9. Jan 2, 2013
    One of the funniest movies i ever seen! Great acting from Adam Sandler. The jokes are quiet nice and not such standard thing like in other funny movies. 2h of great comedy stuff.
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring a plot that's more disrespectful than amusing, "Zohan" only proves to be passable in the long run.
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    This one is different from the rest of the Sandler slapsticks, because here, he's putting forth everything he has to make his character utterly hilarious.
  12. Nov 1, 2012
    Really funny comedy, with laughing fits guaranteed. Adam Sandler as Isreali super soldier and sexual hairdresser and John Torturro as villain and friend at the same time appear with unbelievable action mixed with awesome laughs. Worth watching and at any rate better than another of the uncountable amount of romantic comedies.
  13. Jul 10, 2012
    This movie was awesome! Great over the top ridiculousness but in a thoughtful way. This is my favorite Adam sander movie. Its great from start to finish.
  14. Jun 12, 2012
    One of the most bizarre Sandler movies yet, honestly it doesn't even feel like Sandler movie most of the time so this may be enjoyed by people who don't typically enjoy his work. One thing is for sure however and that is that this movie is hilarious, and has good intentions. This movie is incredibly over the top and at times completely gonzo, and that's what makes it so enjoyable, and TheOne of the most bizarre Sandler movies yet, honestly it doesn't even feel like Sandler movie most of the time so this may be enjoyed by people who don't typically enjoy his work. One thing is for sure however and that is that this movie is hilarious, and has good intentions. This movie is incredibly over the top and at times completely gonzo, and that's what makes it so enjoyable, and The Zohan is now one of my new favorite Adam Sandler characters. It's truly a hilarious movie that in no way should be viewed by younger audiences as it's also, I guess you could say, one of the more raunchy movies from Happy Madison and Sandler. but for older audiences I definitely recommend. Expand
  15. Jun 11, 2012
    Its a weird concept, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan has very funny humor and a bit of action. I guess the action can also be considered funny too. It isn't afraid of being wacky and Adam Sandler gives a better than normal performance.
  16. Jan 22, 2012
    This film is not only one of the worst I have ever seen but its easily the worst film of Sandler's career and that is saying something. Its 2 hours of my life that I sadly regret wasting.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    I enjoy watching Adam Sandler in Billy Madison, Water Boy and even Little Nicky, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan was absolutely a complete mess, for this was one of the worst Adam Sandler films I had ever seen. The film literally made my brain numb with its unfunny jokes that were repetitive, forced and had too much humus to bear with. Seriously, after watching this film didn't want meI enjoy watching Adam Sandler in Billy Madison, Water Boy and even Little Nicky, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan was absolutely a complete mess, for this was one of the worst Adam Sandler films I had ever seen. The film literally made my brain numb with its unfunny jokes that were repetitive, forced and had too much humus to bear with. Seriously, after watching this film didn't want me to eat humus for over a week. I've seen gross and dumb comedies that were well written and made me laugh, but somehow You Don't Mess with the Zohan shouldn't "Mess with the Audience" on this horrible movie. Expand
  18. Sep 8, 2011
    This movie is enjoyable, but to no great extent. It needed more over-the-top slapstick and less sex with old ladies. Not necessarily a waste of time, but not a movie you need to see.
  19. May 6, 2011
    Gross and stupid. Treats every punchline like a dead horse and keeps on beating the stuffing out of it. Which would make it bearable, had any of the jokes worked. I like silly comedy but so much depends on the cleverness of the writing. This doesn't have what it takes.
  20. Dec 31, 2010
    Only the best film ever. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

________________________________________________________________________________
  21. Sep 22, 2010
    I am a HUGE Adam Sandler fan but I think this is the worst movie i have ever watched. The jokes are not very funny and the plot is mediocre at best. I miss the old Adam Sandler movies.
  22. Sep 14, 2010
    A bunch of really bad jokes. Some fun actionscenes, but not enough to save this lame movie. A lowpoint for Adam Sandler. **** old women is maybe a fetish for some, but not fun in a comedy.
  23. JunedAli
    Jun 16, 2009
    Exceptional movie, i enjoyed everything.
  24. BárbaraE
    May 16, 2009
    Made me laugh out loud during the entire movie, which is no small feat.
  25. guy!
    Apr 26, 2009
    Wow, this movie was anything but funny. I honestly can't understand how anyone could like it. The only scene that actually made me laugh was the unconscious kid in the barber shop, but that's about it. Everything else in the entire movie is sloppily thrown together, embarrassingly awful, and left me with an unbearably awkward sense as I watched. Don't even bother picking up Wow, this movie was anything but funny. I honestly can't understand how anyone could like it. The only scene that actually made me laugh was the unconscious kid in the barber shop, but that's about it. Everything else in the entire movie is sloppily thrown together, embarrassingly awful, and left me with an unbearably awkward sense as I watched. Don't even bother picking up the dvd, I guarantee it will be a waste of time and money. Expand
  26. John
    Feb 20, 2009
    Like hearing a bad joke for 2 hours straight? If so, then this movie is for you.
  27. DavidS.
    Jan 31, 2009
    This has to be one of funniest movies i've seen in a long time. Adam Sandler might be a little bit over the top in some movies. But this entire movie is just over the top, and really takes up some issues that is usually taboo. The movie does contain alot of sex, no actual nudity no wories. I think that is the reason for the bad reviews could unfortunetly also be that some people This has to be one of funniest movies i've seen in a long time. Adam Sandler might be a little bit over the top in some movies. But this entire movie is just over the top, and really takes up some issues that is usually taboo. The movie does contain alot of sex, no actual nudity no wories. I think that is the reason for the bad reviews could unfortunetly also be that some people simple don't like jews. If anyone think that this movie is purely pro-Israeli probaganda think again, hard to say more without spoiling it. The movie is great, creative and well made with a budget of over 90 Million dollars. If you have just some crude humour element in you this movie is a must see. Expand
  28. RayS
    Dec 16, 2008
    I knew this wasn't going to be award winning, but I have always enjoyed Adam's movies in the past. But this one was a REAL STINKER. I am embarrassed for all involved, beyond stupid.
  29. MattT
    Dec 7, 2008
    Love It. This is a great movie, full of giggles, in earlier reviews it was described as a ''Teen Movie'' ,well, im a teen, and I loved it.
  30. GeraldoK.
    Nov 21, 2008
    I absoulutely loved this movie. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It even got my DAD to laugh. Adam Sandler knows how to make a movie and how to be funny in one.
  31. ToddS
    Oct 20, 2008
    I stopped watching this pathetic drival, that isn't even worthy of being called a movie, after 15 min. Eddie Murphy can pull off being a foreigner better than Adam, and that isn't saying much. I could have done better playing the part of Zohan and I don't act. This was Adam Sandler's worst ever, seriously his worst. Instead of vulger humor, Adam, stick with drama. Your I stopped watching this pathetic drival, that isn't even worthy of being called a movie, after 15 min. Eddie Murphy can pull off being a foreigner better than Adam, and that isn't saying much. I could have done better playing the part of Zohan and I don't act. This was Adam Sandler's worst ever, seriously his worst. Instead of vulger humor, Adam, stick with drama. Your much better at it and we don't walk away wanting to vomit popcorn. Expand
  32. Ginny
    Oct 17, 2008
    Somehow it's mezmorizingly stupid...yet funny.
  33. BDub
    Oct 9, 2008
    This movie is stupid, lets get that out of the way. This is one of those movies where i cringe from some parts of the movie, or just have to simply ask why they included some of the rediculous parts. But if you are the type that can look past the moments of stupidity and not let that effect you from finding the other parts funny then you should enjoy this. Grandmas Boy, Zoolander, This movie is stupid, lets get that out of the way. This is one of those movies where i cringe from some parts of the movie, or just have to simply ask why they included some of the rediculous parts. But if you are the type that can look past the moments of stupidity and not let that effect you from finding the other parts funny then you should enjoy this. Grandmas Boy, Zoolander, Anchorman, and Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. That is the level of humor we are dealing with. I was laughing so hard at some parts that i could overlook the stupid. I don't think that the racial humor between the jewish and lebanese was that bad, and interesting because i've never seen it before depicted on screen. The dancing celebrations that lebanese break out in are pretty hilarious. Don't pay attention to those that don't read reviews before seeing movies or don't know what to expect going in. Because if you are reading this you aren't like them anyways. Expand
  34. notknown
    Oct 4, 2008
    This was the worst movie i have ever seen by Adam Sandler. I expected much more from him. If it wasn't for the fact the i bought the tickets, i would have walked out within 30 minutes!
  35. JuicyT
    Oct 2, 2008
    I agree with Nikko. Yes, Zohan pushes the PG-13 rating and maybe some younger audiences shouldn't be allowed to see it, that's the one part Lindsey is right about. However, this movie is vulgar, but it's not offensive to our nation, nor does it make references to 9-11, the only thing i can draw from it is that he was an ex-terrorist who wanted to style hair. I also think it I agree with Nikko. Yes, Zohan pushes the PG-13 rating and maybe some younger audiences shouldn't be allowed to see it, that's the one part Lindsey is right about. However, this movie is vulgar, but it's not offensive to our nation, nor does it make references to 9-11, the only thing i can draw from it is that he was an ex-terrorist who wanted to style hair. I also think it brings satisfaction and laughs to Americans when they see terrorists being depicted as bumbling idiots rather than ruthless killers. So if you thought this movie was offensive, watch "postal", it makes "zohan" look like The Lion King. P.S. how many movies HAVE you seen? Expand
  36. mauriciol.
    Sep 26, 2008
    this movie was great, i laughed alot and really enjoyed it , the zohan is crasy and loves old women
  37. JayH.
    Sep 23, 2008
    I will never understand the appeal of Adam Sandler. This movie is so stupid and rarely funny. It's insulting, done in very poor taste. A waste of time. The cameo appearances by various stars helps, but nothing can save this mess.
  38. Bas
    Sep 13, 2008
    I'd rather rip out my spinal-cord and go ropeskipping on the nearest highway than to have to give this movie a higher rating than zero. I watched this movie shaking more and more with anger after every 'joke'. The humour is unfunny, does not adress a problem and does not seem to serve any other function than to remind you that there are enough people with low enough IQ and I'd rather rip out my spinal-cord and go ropeskipping on the nearest highway than to have to give this movie a higher rating than zero. I watched this movie shaking more and more with anger after every 'joke'. The humour is unfunny, does not adress a problem and does not seem to serve any other function than to remind you that there are enough people with low enough IQ and understanding of world politics on the planet to make this film profitable. The one thing that does amaze me is that people actually spent time making this film. Adam Sandler has my respect to gather enough braindead bigots to actually get this film into theatre. Expand
  39. AbdallahA.
    Sep 7, 2008
    It's really funny how the Arab-Israeli conflict is portrayed. Has a message and made me laugh.
  40. AlM
    Aug 25, 2008
    Can things get any lower than that? Let's forgive and forget. Adam, seriously, you can do better
  41. ViswanathJ.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Definitely one of the worst films I've seen in my lifetime. The film is about sex & stupidity and not comedy & romance. I wonder why adam sandler opted to act in this film at the first place ? If there was an award for worst film of the century, I am sure this would win.
  42. JonB
    Aug 3, 2008
    Cheesy lines, sexual puns, and satire. Descent movie overall, though.
  43. AaronN.
    Jul 19, 2008
    They should have given this the R rating for random sex scenes that have no meaning, and is not kinky at all. Not to mention the stereotypes of Arabians are highly enforced. Dipping everything in hummus. Smar move Adam Sandler, Smart move...
  44. MartinS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    It's weird. I can't think of one Adam Sander comedy I've actually liked and yet I loved "Reign Over Me," "Punch Drunk Love" and "Spanglish". Zohan is another ridculously stupid Sandler comedy.
  45. AndrewR.
    Jul 12, 2008
    An assault of stupidity with a few laughs along the way. If there is such a thing as a stupid knife, I was being stabbed repeatedly by it throughout.
  46. NikkoC.
    Jul 9, 2008
    Please Lindsey, stop being an earnest, humourless embarrassment to American woman. The ultimate subversion IS humour, not your boring, pious, I-am-a-martyr, super-sensitive political correctness. The people you worry will be offended will not see this film b/c they have no sense of humour and b/c they like to complain and preach hate - much like yourself. The worst movie you have ever Please Lindsey, stop being an earnest, humourless embarrassment to American woman. The ultimate subversion IS humour, not your boring, pious, I-am-a-martyr, super-sensitive political correctness. The people you worry will be offended will not see this film b/c they have no sense of humour and b/c they like to complain and preach hate - much like yourself. The worst movie you have ever seen!? Um, Bio-dome? Battlefield Earth? No, Zohan. Yeah, whatever. Try a little more humour and a little less embellishment specifically used to try and reinforce your views on events like 9/11 which were joke material - whether you like it or not - three years ago. If they aren't, then the perpetrators have won b/c your spirit is not the kind worth saving. Stop choking up metacritic with your total BS. ta, ta. Expand
  47. TravisS.
    Jul 8, 2008
    I must say I laugh a more then I have in a wile. He sure does bang a lot.
  48. JacobL.
    Jul 6, 2008
    You Don't Mess with The Zohan is perhaps one of the funniest movies you'll ever see this summer. However, be warned there are a lot of sex jokes, along with some other inappropriate humor. If you are under 18 I suggest you look away from the screen at certain points like I did. Trust me. Despite all the inappropriate humor and some jokes I did not quite get, the real humor comes You Don't Mess with The Zohan is perhaps one of the funniest movies you'll ever see this summer. However, be warned there are a lot of sex jokes, along with some other inappropriate humor. If you are under 18 I suggest you look away from the screen at certain points like I did. Trust me. Despite all the inappropriate humor and some jokes I did not quite get, the real humor comes from the way Zohan talks. All and all You Don't Mess with a Zohan is a great movie and I wouldn't like it any other way. Expand
  49. DanM
    Jul 4, 2008
    Ok, first off, if you didnt like this movie, go watch Cloverfield, then i guarantee you will give "You Dont Mess With The Zohan" a 7,8, or 9. Enough said.
  50. JE.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Come on--political over the top satire is funny.
  51. WillH.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Eh. Funny in places, stupid in others. A teen movie, certainly.
  52. JessicaS.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Never before have I walked out of a movie. I had to leave the theater after about 30 minutes, it was terrible. The [lack of] acting, the [lack of] plot, the [lack of] humor. I wouldn't watch this if someone payed me too.
  53. RobbH.
    Jun 29, 2008
    This was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. My face hurt from laughing for two hours. I follow Israel closely, so I probably get and appreciate the humor here more than those who don't know a lot about Israel. But judging from those in the theater, everyone was laughing pretty hard. Enjoy.
  54. LindseyD.
    Jun 24, 2008
    This was the dumbest movie I have seen thus far in my life. The only thing I have learned from this movie is that trailers may not give an accurate perspective of the movies plot line. The movie was ONLY sex jokes, with few minor legitimately funny jokes. The racial jokes were neither funny, nor appropriate at this current time and age, where those concepts are still rather numb from This was the dumbest movie I have seen thus far in my life. The only thing I have learned from this movie is that trailers may not give an accurate perspective of the movies plot line. The movie was ONLY sex jokes, with few minor legitimately funny jokes. The racial jokes were neither funny, nor appropriate at this current time and age, where those concepts are still rather numb from recent events including 9/11. These jokes should NOT be made yet. Then there's all the sex jokes. Our society generally frowns on people who do actually make these jokes in everyday life and now they're putting these jokes in movies?! What is that?! How is this movie PG-13. This is easily an R rated film. No one can say that Rent, Miss Congeniality, or any other PG -13 movies for sexual content are on parr with this disgusting film. There was no way to tell on any level that the jokes would exist from any trailers, movie pictures, etc. Our society doesn't need futile, dirt movies. Our society needs inspiring movies, legitimately funny movies, and even stupid movies, but this? This is lower than dirt. It is not worth your money or your time. Adam Sandler is an idiot for presenting this film to us like we're idiots that love such grotesque concepts. In no way is this appropriate for 13 yr olds, all the way to 18 yr olds. (preferably no audience) Save yourself from the mistake I made by seeing this movie and don't waste time or money on this worthless piece of junk. Expand
  55. AMovieCritic
    Jun 22, 2008
    Actually a very funny movie with very funny performances and a good message. Among Sandler's funniest.
  56. RichardW.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Hysteria tempered by redundancy and cinematic penis envy.
  57. BillyB.
    Jun 22, 2008
    This rates with Plan 9 from Outer Space. The only difference being that Plan 9 has gained a degree of cult status. Don't Mess is the worst movte I have seen, They really shouldn't have messed!
  58. HaruhiS.
    Jun 19, 2008
    I certainly didn't expect a movie like Don't Mess With the Zohan. It was funny, and enjoyable. I didn't know what to expect before watching the movie because I didn't know anything about it. When my friend told me that it would be good, I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. The humor might not please all audiences. It is sexual humor meaning middle I certainly didn't expect a movie like Don't Mess With the Zohan. It was funny, and enjoyable. I didn't know what to expect before watching the movie because I didn't know anything about it. When my friend told me that it would be good, I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. The humor might not please all audiences. It is sexual humor meaning middle schoolers will be instantly disgusted, while high school and college students will have a good laugh. Go watch it, you won't regret it. Expand
  59. Kasey
    Jun 19, 2008
    I like Adam Sandler movies for the most part. This was probably one of his worst movies though. If you want to see Adam gyrating in a boring movie with no action watch this movie. Most of the movie was very boring, just talking. Watch the trailer and this looks like it's going to be an Adam Sandler superhero movie but there is only a couple scenes with any action... I laughed a I like Adam Sandler movies for the most part. This was probably one of his worst movies though. If you want to see Adam gyrating in a boring movie with no action watch this movie. Most of the movie was very boring, just talking. Watch the trailer and this looks like it's going to be an Adam Sandler superhero movie but there is only a couple scenes with any action... I laughed a couple times but I definitely wouldn't buy this on dvd. Seriously almost all the action scenes were shown in the preview and the rest is just boring and weird. Expand
  60. DanielC.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Far worse than what I was expecting and my expectations were not that high to begin with. Don't waste your time.
  61. MarkA.
    Jun 16, 2008
    I've seen every Sandler movie and this one is by far the worst. There were a few funny scenes but overall it was stupid.
  62. SteveO
    Jun 16, 2008
    Wow this was bad. Fake middle eastern accents? Sandler screwing 70 year old women? What happened?
  63. MikeU.n
    Jun 15, 2008
    As a comedy, "you don't mess with the zohan" is, for the most part, funny. Although a few good jokes were already in the trailer, it still manages to be hilarious. There are constant chuckles here and there, as well as a few moments that really make you laugh out loud. In addition, the plot is quite interesting and it fits in with the comedy rather nicely. I also think the acting was As a comedy, "you don't mess with the zohan" is, for the most part, funny. Although a few good jokes were already in the trailer, it still manages to be hilarious. There are constant chuckles here and there, as well as a few moments that really make you laugh out loud. In addition, the plot is quite interesting and it fits in with the comedy rather nicely. I also think the acting was generally good, although some people may have trouble listening to the accents. However, there are also a few cons, One being that the ending was confusing and short. Also, even though it was funny, I can't help but notice that they could have put a little bit more jokes in or make them more funny. In conclusion, Zohan is great if you're looking for some quick laughs. At the end of the day, Zohan is a winner, and likely to be one of the best comedies of the year. Expand
  64. Steve
    Jun 14, 2008
    This movie is hilarious if you are in the right mood when you go to see it. It is very entertaining and has some good jokes, but it it still utterly stupid at some points. Only go to see this if you are in the mood for a ridiculous, over the top, hilarious movie.
  65. MarkB.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Sophomoric can be good. The Zucker brothers, the Farrelly brothers, even the Marx brothers can be like a breath of fresh air in a dusty waxworks museum. Pablo Picasso once said that the enemy of art is good taste...but then, Picasso didn't live long enough to see any Adam Sandler movies! More often than not, the undeniably talented comic actor's hits (Billy Madison, Big Daddy, Sophomoric can be good. The Zucker brothers, the Farrelly brothers, even the Marx brothers can be like a breath of fresh air in a dusty waxworks museum. Pablo Picasso once said that the enemy of art is good taste...but then, Picasso didn't live long enough to see any Adam Sandler movies! More often than not, the undeniably talented comic actor's hits (Billy Madison, Big Daddy, The Longest Yard, Click ad nauseum) personify him not only as an arrested adolescent but a perpetually (and psychotically) angry one; the box office success of movies as unpleasant as those reveals things about their fans that I'm not sure I want to know. So it's a relief that Sandler's latest, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, is, relatively speaking, not too mean-spirited (although why Sandler continues to find humor in making children cry is way beyond me). As an Israeli James Bond/ Rambo combo who seeks a new life as a hair stylist in the US, Sandler gives a surprisingly disciplined, even graceful performance that's reminiscent, of all things, of his rather sweet romantic comedy turn in his least characteristic movie, James L. Brooks' Spanglish. Other enjoyable performances back Sandler's up: Emmanuelle Chriqui is a charming leading lady; Lainie Kazan's crack comic timing put me in mind of her uproarious portrayal of the ultimate Jewish mom in 1982's My Favorite Year (and she doesn't look like she's aged a day since); as two of the Zohan's old foes, John Turturro is amusing (even if he's in danger of becoming this decade's answer to Vito Scotti if he takes on too many more ethnic roles), while Sandler's longtime buddy and perpetual hanger-on Rob Schneider for once DOESN'T make you want to tear out either his hair or your own. And here, as in last year's I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Sandler interestingly attempts to blend genuine social commentary with copious gross-out humor in much the same way that Mel Brooks did in Blazing Saddles (a movie that, beyond the beans-around-the-campfire gags, wore its heart so firmly on its sleeve in favor of racial brotherhood that it stopped just short of singing "Kumbaya" to its audience); Sandler, who's admirably never been shy about proudly proclaiming his Jewishness, takes on xenophobia, suggests that Israelis and Palestinians CAN get along and--most controversially of all, perhaps--makes a case that disco music CAN be enjoyable in the right time and place. So why the 4? Simply because, unlike Blazing Saddles, Zohan (with the exception of one smart throwaway joke involving a terrorist telephone hot line) just isn't funny; the writing is extremely scattershot, hummus-on-the-wall, and frequently just plain desperate. Worst of all is Sandler's and director Dennis Dugan's conviction that endlessly referring to its title character's "package" is in and of itself a laff riot: the character Biggus Diccus in Monty Python's Life of Brian notwithstanding, the only time a huge penis in the movies is funny is in certain triple-X rated movies from the days of yore when John Holmes used to almost trip over his own. Ultimately, good intentions aside, the only point that You Don't Mess With the Zohan really proves is Newton's Law of Gravity; cowriter Judd Apatow has been THE dominant voice in American film comedy for the last three years (and I'm even counting the underrated Drillbit Taylor), but this movie proves that even HE had to come down some time! Expand
  66. JaredB.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Hysterical! It's much more like Adam Sandler's earlier comedy so fans of Happy Gilmour and Billy Madison are going to be pleased. I was laughing from almost the moment it started until the ending credits rolled. It's stupid, it's wonderful, it's hilarious!
  67. NemoM.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Hilarious, witty, and intelligent, this movie rocked me and moved me off of my seat, and celebrating for joyous happiness.
  68. IndianaJones
    Jun 13, 2008
    Adam Sandler is a comic genius.
  69. IanM.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The funniest movie since Happy Gilmore, probably of the decade. Take that critics! I mean....haters!
  70. BatmanC.
    Fun movie...yes!
  71. MarkS
    Jun 12, 2008
    Too many anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-everything slurs. Would've been much funnier w/o them.
  72. PhilD.
    Jun 11, 2008
    This movie isn't even funny. I think Adam Sandler likes old women or something... I couldn't even finish this movie. Please don't see this movies unless you want to laugh at other cultures, and old people getting it on.
  73. JustinT
    Jun 10, 2008
    I'm an Adam Sandler fan, but this movie had a few laughs but thats about it. Overall it was disappointed and felt half-assed. Comedy was not there and simply said, had too many 8th grader jokes. Characters were lame and uninspired. I want my 2 hrs back.
  74. PatP
    Jun 9, 2008
    Ouch. I like comedies and was expecting an intentionally idiotic farce, but left the theater disappointed. It was simply unfunny, poorly made, and difficult to watch. None of the characters were interesting and the fake accents were painful. I give this movie a 1 instead of a 0 out of pity, and perhaps to subliminally justify paying to watch it. To quote a far better Adam Sandler movie, Ouch. I like comedies and was expecting an intentionally idiotic farce, but left the theater disappointed. It was simply unfunny, poorly made, and difficult to watch. None of the characters were interesting and the fake accents were painful. I give this movie a 1 instead of a 0 out of pity, and perhaps to subliminally justify paying to watch it. To quote a far better Adam Sandler movie, "Everyone in this room is dumber for having [seen] it." Expand
  75. JoshO.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Zohon is the first anticipated comedy of 2008s that literally made me gag on my popcorn. My friends and i left the theatre in disgust of Sandler's attempt at sexual jokes. This is one movie you do not want to see with your mum and dad....let alone, at all.
  76. KyleM.
    Jun 9, 2008
    The worst Sandler film yet. Simply awful. The humor was either just plain unfunny, or else penis jokes. I don't see why Sandler would do this.
  77. William
    Jun 9, 2008
    The worst film, bar none (ok maybe Ishtar), that I have ever seen.
  78. JimF
    Jun 9, 2008
    Terrible, terrible, terrible. Really who's kidding who? Even as dumb comedies go( which I enjoy)-- TOTALLY LAUGHLESS. Get lost with this junk!
  79. Paul
    Jun 9, 2008
    this was really bad. i was led to believe it might be half as funny as billy madison and happy gilmore, and it did not come close to that modest goal. it's grating, it's really stupid, the same tired jokes get repeated ad nauseam and i want those two hours of my life and $12 back. badly.
  80. HowardP.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Stupid? Yes. Funny? Hell yes. At its core, it's really a send up of Israeli's. Some scenes, like Zohan strutting the beach in Tel Aviv, are priceless and dead on. Others, are simple dead on arrival (the Henry Winkler scene, for example). But it's probably the funniest movie out in June.
  81. G
    Jun 9, 2008
    A film whose potential was never reached. I laughed a few times, but at a certain point you wish he would have spent more time on the script and mined the material for all it was worth.
  82. ChadS.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Do you remember the barenaked old ladies in the Dove adverts that ran in movie theaters last year? Do you remember the snickers and gagging noises of your neighbors, while you tried to be mature about the commercial's pro-age rhetoric that beauty is ageless? Teenage boys beg to differ, however, and they'll snicker and gag even louder as Zohan(Adam Sandler) has sex with his Do you remember the barenaked old ladies in the Dove adverts that ran in movie theaters last year? Do you remember the snickers and gagging noises of your neighbors, while you tried to be mature about the commercial's pro-age rhetoric that beauty is ageless? Teenage boys beg to differ, however, and they'll snicker and gag even louder as Zohan(Adam Sandler) has sex with his mature customers. Adam's extra-cirricular activities with these senior citizens is the subtext of Dove's Real Beauty campaign; that a woman can be desirable at any age. But in a puerile movie like "You Don't Mess With the Zohan", cross-generational sex is bound to be the stuff of cheap laughs. And the movie cheats, to get its easy laughs. Zohan attracts an older clientele because he's working from a Paul Mitchell book that dates back to 1986. The customers are at least, ten to fifteen years, too old. "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" starts off well, as Zohan's invincibility to injury suggests that his superhero-like ability is a satire on the comic book genre. That scene in which he kicks a man in the face with his legs from impossible angles makes him a mutant, right? But the film doesn't really follow up on this potentially interesting premise. Late in the film, the film scores a few points by showing that Zohan's destiny was to be a peacekeeper instead of a hairdresser. This is faint praise, but I've seen worse, much worse. Expand
  83. MikeN
    Jun 8, 2008
    Went with a group of friends and didn't really expect much; but I laughed the whole way through. The movie is so over the top and filled with one WTF moment after the next. The plot is just there to provide the jokes. I'm not a big Sandler fan, but I found this movie to be pretty funny.
  84. JamesC.
    Jun 8, 2008
    I need therapy after seeing this movie. Who decides that American audiences are eager for such stuff?
  85. CoreyC.
    Jun 7, 2008
    One or two mildly funny scenes, both of which you have seen if you saw the trailer. All the humor is crude, sex-related, extremely uncomfortable if you are seated with anyone near the rating limit (which should be PG-16) or you go with a family member. Don't get me wrong, Apatow has made some great sex comedies, this one is just crude and unfunny; the jokes land like lead balloons. One or two mildly funny scenes, both of which you have seen if you saw the trailer. All the humor is crude, sex-related, extremely uncomfortable if you are seated with anyone near the rating limit (which should be PG-16) or you go with a family member. Don't get me wrong, Apatow has made some great sex comedies, this one is just crude and unfunny; the jokes land like lead balloons. Sandler can do far better (I'd like to believe so, anyway). Expand
  86. Jordash
    Jun 7, 2008
    Sure, you can get a few chuckles out of the movie, but 90% of the film was Arab stereotyping and Adam Sandler having sex with older women.
  87. Manjero
    Jun 7, 2008
    You Don't Mess With The Zohan, a seemingly great movie was almost a disappointment to watch. The main plot isn't really interesting, and although the there were many potential jokes and laughs that could've been rendered from the story, only a few were able to make me laugh. In other words, the really entertaining parts were already presented in it's You Don't Mess With The Zohan, a seemingly great movie was almost a disappointment to watch. The main plot isn't really interesting, and although the there were many potential jokes and laughs that could've been rendered from the story, only a few were able to make me laugh. In other words, the really entertaining parts were already presented in it's commercials.Though, iIf you are expecting another great Adam Sandler movie, the constant chuckles and crassness of the movie might just get what you're looking for. Expand
  88. MichaelK.
    Jun 7, 2008
    I don't care what anyone says...Apatow has a great formula for success. Of course, the movie is stupid, but what do you really expect? Well, expect to have quite a few belly laughs because Sandler and friends are grossly inappropriate and crude. If you expect smart and witty humor then don't expect this to be a comedic masterpiece because it is not. It is, however, hilarious and I don't care what anyone says...Apatow has a great formula for success. Of course, the movie is stupid, but what do you really expect? Well, expect to have quite a few belly laughs because Sandler and friends are grossly inappropriate and crude. If you expect smart and witty humor then don't expect this to be a comedic masterpiece because it is not. It is, however, hilarious and that is all I was looking for. I would definitely see it if you want to laugh. Expand
    Jun 7, 2008
    For a comedy, this movie was largely entertaining. If you enjoy laughing what-so-ever, this movie will do it for you. Do yourself a favor and watch this movie.
  90. JustinD.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Adam Sandler's worst. He had good intentions, and he paved a road to hell. What was Roger Ebert thinking? Terrible film. Adam Sandler stopped attempting comedy years ago.
  91. BenK.
    Jun 6, 2008
    This is not only a hilarious film, it is a brave attempt at finding comedy on current issues. Being Jewish myself, I laughed hysterically at all the Israeli and Jewish jokes, and thought that apart from too many crotch and Hummus jokes, it was an outstanding comedy.
  92. DarrenM.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Oh my ... Such a bad, bad movie. The comedy misses so often and the accents are ridulously hard to listen to for 10 minutes, let alone 90. Reign Over Me was funnier.
  93. bbbabetten
    Jun 5, 2008
    So funny and memorable.

1. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    If nothing else--and there isn't much else--You Don't Mess With the Zohan pronounces the Middle East fair game for absurdist comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The off-the-wall comedy of Robert Smigel and Judd Apatow leaves a mark on the script, but it would require a talent of Peter Sellers' magnitude to conquer this material, and he's not around.
  3. Forget "Monty Python," You Don't Mess With the Zohan is a circus that never really flies.