5.3

1. Jul 8, 2014
    A terrible, terrible movie not funny one bit. Got this one thinking it would be really funny but I was wrong. It was a waste of time and was so stupid. Didn't laugh even once during this entire movie
  2. Jun 28, 2014
    I have no idea why critics rate this movie so low, because it is actually very good. Since it's a comedy, and we see a lot of funny moments during this nearly 2-hour long movie thanks to Sandler's commitment to his character, were i a film critic i would certainly grade "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" somewhere between 60 and 64
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    Dennis Dugan and Adam Sandler have worked together several times before in the past, however they've never made a movie quite as funny as this! Definitely one of Sandler's best films.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Zohan is a mess.
    An extremely inconsistent film that fails with most of its delivery. The script is poor but not awful, and the acting is surprisingly okay. Many of the laughs fail, the excessive descriptive sexual content verbalized for "jokes" ends up getting very tiresome by the end. All I can say is that there are some cheap laughs that succeed.
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    It's the kind of film that is so painfully stupid that it's funny. Yes you may get a few laughs out of it but those laughs are the kind of laughs you have when something is so stupid that you can't believe they actually thought that'd be funny or worth putting in a film.
  6. May 13, 2013
    stupidity at it's best,if u wanna prove U r clasy by dislikn dis stupid mastrpc..U lack stupid depth lol..john turturro as phatush is quite remarkable n adam O stupid adam only U n only U r funny widout a funny bone ha ha
  7. Jan 2, 2013
    One of the funniest movies i ever seen! Great acting from Adam Sandler. The jokes are quiet nice and not such standard thing like in other funny movies. 2h of great comedy stuff.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring a plot that's more disrespectful than amusing, "Zohan" only proves to be passable in the long run.
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    This one is different from the rest of the Sandler slapsticks, because here, he's putting forth everything he has to make his character utterly hilarious.
  10. Nov 1, 2012
    Really funny comedy, with laughing fits guaranteed. Adam Sandler as Isreali super soldier and sexual hairdresser and John Torturro as villain and friend at the same time appear with unbelievable action mixed with awesome laughs. Worth watching and at any rate better than another of the uncountable amount of romantic comedies.
  11. Jul 10, 2012
    This movie was awesome! Great over the top ridiculousness but in a thoughtful way. This is my favorite Adam sander movie. Its great from start to finish.
  12. Jun 12, 2012
    One of the most bizarre Sandler movies yet, honestly it doesn't even feel like Sandler movie most of the time so this may be enjoyed by people who don't typically enjoy his work. One thing is for sure however and that is that this movie is hilarious, and has good intentions. This movie is incredibly over the top and at times completely gonzo, and that's what makes it so enjoyable, and The Zohan is now one of my new favorite Adam Sandler characters. It's truly a hilarious movie that in no way should be viewed by younger audiences as it's also, I guess you could say, one of the more raunchy movies from Happy Madison and Sandler. but for older audiences I definitely recommend. Expand
  13. Jun 11, 2012
    Its a weird concept, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan has very funny humor and a bit of action. I guess the action can also be considered funny too. It isn't afraid of being wacky and Adam Sandler gives a better than normal performance.
  14. Jan 22, 2012
    This film is not only one of the worst I have ever seen but its easily the worst film of Sandler's career and that is saying something. Its 2 hours of my life that I sadly regret wasting.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    I enjoy watching Adam Sandler in Billy Madison, Water Boy and even Little Nicky, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan was absolutely a complete mess, for this was one of the worst Adam Sandler films I had ever seen. The film literally made my brain numb with its unfunny jokes that were repetitive, forced and had too much humus to bear with. Seriously, after watching this film didn't want me to eat humus for over a week. I've seen gross and dumb comedies that were well written and made me laugh, but somehow You Don't Mess with the Zohan shouldn't "Mess with the Audience" on this horrible movie. Expand
  16. Sep 8, 2011
    This movie is enjoyable, but to no great extent. It needed more over-the-top slapstick and less sex with old ladies. Not necessarily a waste of time, but not a movie you need to see.
  17. May 6, 2011
    Gross and stupid. Treats every punchline like a dead horse and keeps on beating the stuffing out of it. Which would make it bearable, had any of the jokes worked. I like silly comedy but so much depends on the cleverness of the writing. This doesn't have what it takes.
  18. Dec 31, 2010
    Only the best film ever. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

________________________________________________________________________________
  19. Sep 22, 2010
    I am a HUGE Adam Sandler fan but I think this is the worst movie i have ever watched. The jokes are not very funny and the plot is mediocre at best. I miss the old Adam Sandler movies.
  20. Sep 14, 2010
    A bunch of really bad jokes. Some fun actionscenes, but not enough to save this lame movie. A lowpoint for Adam Sandler. **** old women is maybe a fetish for some, but not fun in a comedy.

1. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    If nothing else--and there isn't much else--You Don't Mess With the Zohan pronounces the Middle East fair game for absurdist comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The off-the-wall comedy of Robert Smigel and Judd Apatow leaves a mark on the script, but it would require a talent of Peter Sellers' magnitude to conquer this material, and he's not around.
  3. Forget "Monty Python," You Don't Mess With the Zohan is a circus that never really flies.