tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Sep 23, 2013
    It is a classic story of a father-and-son conflict.

A father is a well-known French wine maker who does not treat his son too well. The movie has a potential to be a brilliant one: it is shot very well, acting is superb, all details are done to the best of French cinematography. Unfortunately, the twist near the end turns this drama into a some kind of a thriller. In my opinion, not
    It is a classic story of a father-and-son conflict.

A father is a well-known French wine maker who does not treat his son too well.

The movie has a potential to be a brilliant one: it is shot very well, acting is superb, all details are done to the best of French cinematography. Unfortunately, the twist near the end turns this drama into a some kind of a thriller. In my opinion, not believable, not necessary and not tasteful...

If not for the ending I would give this movie a "9"...

1. Reviewed by: Stephanie Merry
    Sep 27, 2013
    You Will Be My Son is not a subtle movie. Some of the characterizations and music feel heavy-handed, and one major plot point late in the film feels inauthentic.
  2. Reviewed by: G. Allen Johnson
    Sep 19, 2013
    How much you enjoy You Will Be My Son depends on how much you can take an unbearable, arrogant jerk as your lead character.
  3. Reviewed by: Kenneth Turan
    Sep 11, 2013
    A strongly acted, character-driven melodrama, concerned with the dynamics of family in general and father-son issues in particular, it presents situations so emotionally supercharged that the whole story could have come straight out of Balzac.