8.5

1. Mar 18, 2013
    This movie is as inspiring as it is emotional as it is funny. It is a must watch music documentary. I did not like the background comments made by the director and following members of the group to the hospital was unnecessary and insensitive as well, but I looked past these flaws and thought it was incredible from start to finish. You have no reason not to watch this, seriously (and you don't even have to be a rock fan). Expand

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    An irresistibly joyous, tearful and, most importantly, musical doc about a band of senior pop singers whose repertoire includes "Golden Years," "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and "Stayin' Alive."
  2. The movie offers an encouraging vision of old age in which the depression commonly associated with decrepitude is held at bay by music making, camaraderie and a sense of humor.
    It's truly inspiring to watch Fred Knittle, 81 and tethered to an oxygen tank, perform a riveting solo of Coldplay's "Fix You" after his singing partner dies shortly before the show.