4.8

1. Sep 27, 2011
    The movie is OCCASIONALLY funny. After that, "Your Highness" is pure crap.
  2. Apr 8, 2011
    Critics will mock but the frat boys will flock! This medieval stoner comedy is a somewhat noble idea that's ultimately bogged down by too much vulgarity, poor writing and not enough creative thought. Your Low-Ness is a minimally funny, often flat, rarely involving, mostly shocking and always raunchy crusade thru the pre-summer-release doldrums of April.
  3. Apr 9, 2011
    With one sexual innuendo after another and sci-fi/fantasy references many films have beaten time and time again, Your Highness was undoubtedly targeted at an audience of horny nerds. Unless your into low brow films with a crude sense of humor, I suggest skipping this one.
  4. Apr 11, 2011
    Coming from a guy who usually likes this type of low brow stuff, the movie's got nothing. It survives on the charm of Kenny Powers (yes, it's the same character), but nothing else in the movie is worth watching in the least. Makes you feel nostalgic for the quality of a Bill & Ted or Pauly Shore movie.
  5. Apr 9, 2011
    I enjoy watching comedies... but this one just falls short. WAIT FOR THE DVD... save your $9-10, and go rent something from redbox for $1... you'll be glad you did.
  6. Apr 30, 2011
    "A few laughs here and there , Your Highness cant quite live up to full expectations , with a great cast. Its so dull and idiotic like a bad comedy central show its just lame humor with good actors. It means well but in the end it never amounts to anything" .. D+
  7. Apr 11, 2011
    This movie was horrible! Disgusting! I am so upset I saw it. I hated it! Please do not go see this movie. Save your time and money. Very bad. Not funny at all. Very stupid and annoying.
  8. Apr 18, 2011
    Remember in Idiocracy how everyone got dumber and dumber until they were watering fields with gatorade and not even moving from their easy chairs to relieve themselves? That's what's happening here.
  9. Apr 21, 2011
    What can I say besides that it was horrible, I can't even say it was chuckle worthy. I had some uncomfortable chuckle moments but that was the extent of it. Only those who are under the influence of drugs could possibly enjoy this movie. However I only bumped it up a few points just for seeing Natalie Portman's butt and a couple of topless girls that were in it weren't bad looking.
  10. Apr 24, 2011
    This is probably the worst movie that I have seen this year. There is probably one or two funny moments but the humor is aimed at those whose brain has been turned off or melted with substance abuse. I would not recommend this movie at all so save your money and go and see some thing else.
  11. Apr 30, 2011
    I want my **** money back. Never came close to making me laugh. Wow. Everyone involved in this film should be deeply embarrassed. The film assumes you're an idiot and fails to deliver humor capable of making a person of average intelligence laugh.
  12. May 14, 2011
    I'll be honest and say i was slightly disappointed by this. I was expecting a film that was as funny as Pineapple Express or even funnier. But its not. It was still a funny film and worth seeing but its just not as funny as you hope for
  13. Jun 16, 2011
    When I first heard of the movie '' Your Highness " , I was really exited to go see it, especially when Natalie Portman (as Isabel) and James Franco (as Fabious) are casted. After seeing it, I was terribly disappointed. I only had a few chuckles throw the hole movie. There was a lot of silly, stupid, immature jokes, especially with penises. '' Pineapple Express '' was way better. The only good and fun thing about this film is Natalie Portman. I feel sorry for her for being apart of this embarrassing comedy. It's a shame because she's such a great actress. Also, I heard that the budget was limited. Danny McBride said that the first draft of the script worth 200 million dollar. When David Gordon Green (the director of the movie) and Danny presented it to the studio, they said that it wasn't possible. So they had to cut of some scenes from the movie. That also means that some of the special effects were failed. There was this character (I think is Manious the Bold), is not human by the way, looked like Leonardo from the movie '' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '' (1990), which had a horrible look. Anyway, this movie is a huge disappointment for me. Expand
  14. Jul 30, 2011
    Probably one the worst movies I had ever seen.
    I don't get Natalie Portman, why the hell would she go for this movie.
    Total waste of time and a huge waste of money. The special effects are quite good actually but the vulgarity and stupidity of the screenplay and the idea in general are so bad.
  15. Aug 12, 2011
    I really wanted to like this movie. Danny McBride and James Franco are some of my favorite individuals, but this movie was more frequently un funny and in many places, offensive. This movie is at best straight to dvd.
  16. Aug 15, 2011
    Shocking, just shocking. I don't think there was a single funny moment in the entire film. The ONLY saving grace was watching Natalie Portman dive into a pond wearing a thong.
    Don't even bother pirating this film.
  17. Aug 31, 2011
    Everybody though this movie was funny, but like did you watch the same think as I did, Poor Choices all over the thing. Natalie Portman and James Franco were not in their right minds when they accepted to do this movie, honestly. If you pay attention, in some scenes you can clearly see obvious mistakes. I didn't like this film that much, It is from the same director of Pineapple Express so I was expecting something funny and good, but it didn't happen at all. Expand
  18. Sep 11, 2011
    We have come a long way! Now we can watch movies like this and not have to think at all! Wow, what a piece of trash! I did not get this movie at all; maybe the raunchy humor can ge remotely entertaining to some, but just running around in costumes and cursing doesn't really do it for me.
  19. Aug 29, 2014
    Awful comedy starts (and pretty much ends) with the dubious premise of setting a raunchy, profanity-laden stoner comedy amongst the knights and damsels of the middle ages - kind of like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but with a lot more weed and almost no laughs. Perhaps the writers and director should have set down the bong and slept it off before asking the studio to invest millions in this overlong, under-inspired mess. (Then again, what were the suits at Universal smoking when they green-lighted it?) And while you may be tempted to rent this just for the opportunity to see Natalie Portman briefly in a thong, I must warn you that first you have to sit through the spectacle of seeing Toby Jones WITHOUT the benefit of a thong; that's right, you're going to get mooned by Dobby the House Elf. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    It does have some funny parts. It's limp. Just a bit of a limp one. It feels like like they're trying to be funny. I guess that's the problem. ****
  21. Dec 3, 2011
    It's all about f*ck, penis, vagina. That I really hate is I try so hard to laugh, but there's few scene made me laugh easily. Anyway Portman still charismatic than others. Don't waste your time, leave it.
  22. Jan 1, 2012
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Its really nothing but a bunch of perverted (and unfunny) jokes supported by terrible acting and a horribly stupid script. Its just complete trash.
  23. Feb 16, 2012
    The movie is simply stupid. I usually like sex jokes but in this movie there was not a moment I could laugh at. To tell the truth I was terrified. It looks like the script was written by a 14 y.o. with a lot of hormonal issues who is starving for sex.
  24. Feb 25, 2012
    This would be in my top five as one of the worst films of 2011. Someone has to explain to me why Natalie Portman agreed to do this or someone needs to sit down with her manager. Some of the dumbest crap I've ever seen written for the anything. Performances smell all around, there's nothing in this film that is even close to redemption.
  25. Mar 24, 2012
    Nothing can describe this piece of trash. i have never seem a movie that not only wasted my time but it seems the actors. aren't all the actors embarssed from this disgusting film? if i was in this film i would hide under a rock and never come out again. A truly worthless film
  26. Aug 25, 2012
    Danny McBride was very poor in a film which definitely required an amazing performance from the lead. Natalie Portman and James Franco must have realised their mistake in taking on a film with McBride when they were at the premiere. It is a bit weird how they were duped into making a comedy which seems to aimed at people without a single brain cell. Still, even I admit that it was funny in parts.
  27. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie was a total joke. These actors should feel embarrassed to be apart of this epic fail of a comedy. I don't know how a movie like this even gets picked up.
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    The jokes are predictable and lame, as its about as coherent as a bad spoof flick. I'm beginning to think Pineapple Express contained the first and last example of a funny Danny McBride.
  29. May 10, 2013
    A medival spoof that combines weed and plentiful sex (from the modern age) with swords and armor (from a past age) with a sprinkle of fantasy in the form of monsters and magic. Your Highness ISN'T Pineapple Express 2, and this is disappointing for many. The inclusion of a stronger cast such as Seth Rogan or Emma Stone would have bolstered this movie to new heights. Franco and McBride don't have enough funny script to work with and as the movie goes on, everything just gets worse. The best gags included a penis and the expense of the duo's third male party member. Everything else tries too hard and looks fake. You'll get a few laughs but it's not enough to carry this mediocre movie. Expand
  30. Aug 8, 2014
    Probably the worst film I have seen in a long time - a shameful waste of a top cast, expensive special effects and everyone's time and talent wasted on this. Oh boy, it's bad.... The very opening hanging scene that introduces our "hero" suffering the sentence of a gang of dwarfs, feels like a low-budget Monty Python outtake - but it's not even that good, or funny. And that's how the film continues, interminably, to its cannot-come-soon-enough end. What its top cast (we'll exclude writer/producerDanny McBride from that description) was even thinking of, signing up to, and performing in this, I can't imagine. It is an embarrassment that most players here would doubtless like erased from their CV. Absolutely frightful.... No words can reallly describe the lame, embarassing, unfunnyness of this film. I would say you have to see it to believe that, but really... don't waste your time... This is execrable in the extreme.... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sam Toy
    Apr 11, 2011
    A decent, affectionate, fitfully funny take on the fantasy genre, but this could have been so much more.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Apr 10, 2011
    Your Highness is drive-by directing at its laziest, linking late-night sketch ideas in a quest for comedy as difficult to locate as the Holy Grail.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Apr 8, 2011
    Occasionally curious moviegoers will discover an especially rotten specimen of the genus Cinema stinkibus... a work of ur-awfulness, counterbrilliance and antigenius. Your Highness, the new medieval-fantasy farce starring and co-written by Danny McBride, is such a movie.