4.8

1. Apr 9, 2011
    Critics are killing this movie because of the crude humor, but I am a huge fan of crude humor so the critics can properly fellate themselves. Some people won't get this movie; but if your a gamer, stoner, comedy nerd, or all of the above GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! Kenny F'n Powers is in it! 10 out of 10! My stupid iPad touch screen won't let me go higher then 9. Damn you apple!!!!
  2. Jul 20, 2011
    this movie is one of the funniest and original movies i have seen in my entire life

the wise wizard scene had me cracking up so hard...watch this movie
  3. Apr 8, 2011
    This movie is really funny if you like Pineapple Express. Go see it and don't listen to the weak reviews online.
  4. drm
    Apr 20, 2011
    I usually stray away from comedy films, but as it was 4/20, I went to see this with a friend who 'highly' recommended it. It didn't disappoint. The writing was sharp, and the jokes ran the gambit from potty humor to stuff Dennis Miller might not even get. The point is there was something there for everyone. We get to see lots of Natalie Portman (which is always a treat), the villain isI usually stray away from comedy films, but as it was 4/20, I went to see this with a friend who 'highly' recommended it. It didn't disappoint. The writing was sharp, and the jokes ran the gambit from potty humor to stuff Dennis Miller might not even get. The point is there was something there for everyone. We get to see lots of Natalie Portman (which is always a treat), the villain is awesome, plenty of fodder for the lifestyle nerd/geek/dork element to lap up (brought to you by G4 & other fine lifestyle peddlers), & good old fashioned writing, with characters that you kind of care about. If you're not a prude...swallow it....and go see this. Expand
  5. Aug 12, 2011
    i never laughed this year at anything, i don't know what the critics are on but they must be so far up there own ass they can't even see the movie! watch it and you won't regret it funny funny funny stuff
  6. Dec 4, 2011
    I loved this movie and hated to come onto metacritic and see it have s*** reviews from all the critics that remember the good ole days when movies didn't have so many naughty words. A long time ago. This is definitely a movie more in tune with the current generation. It's raunchy as hell. It goes to some very wrong places. But that being said, it is HILARIOUS. I would think that anyone whoI loved this movie and hated to come onto metacritic and see it have s*** reviews from all the critics that remember the good ole days when movies didn't have so many naughty words. A long time ago. This is definitely a movie more in tune with the current generation. It's raunchy as hell. It goes to some very wrong places. But that being said, it is HILARIOUS. I would think that anyone who is a fan of It's Always Sunny would really enjoy this movie, it's got that good bit of absent-mindedness. And for reference, THERE IS A JUSTIN BIEBER MOVIE ON HERE WITH A CRITIC SCORE OF 52/100. If that is true, this movie deserves a 200/100, I have no idea how it is rated in the 30s. This is up there as one of my favorite comedies of all time, with Office Space, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Just thought I'd list them so you could see quickly whether you agree with this review or not. This movie is dirtier than all of them, but it's definitely worth the ride if that's what your into. Expand
  7. Apr 23, 2011
    This movie was very funny. If you don't pick up on subtle humor very well, you'll only get the weed and penis jokes, which must suck for you. If you enjoy funny and clever movies and don't have your head up your own backside, you will enjoy this movie!
  8. Jul 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just love this film. Well, first - you have to "play by the film rules", if you do, and accept, that it's not really real, or a graphic orgasm like new film's, i guess you can fall in love with this movie. For me, totally epic. I love it's arrogantly humor, it's adventuring environment, ... everything. Someone don't like it because of it's crap. YEAH! It is ... BUT that's what is going on ... it's crap, but it's seriously FUNNY piece of crap. Expand
  9. Aug 24, 2011
    Okay, I don't care what anyone says so Im just going to say it. This movie is hilarious! It seems like many of the people who hate this movie often insult the people who would like this movie more than the movie itself. Which says to me that the people who don't like it simply couldn't "get it" therefore would like to rip on the viewers to make them feel more intelligent. Is the movieOkay, I don't care what anyone says so Im just going to say it. This movie is hilarious! It seems like many of the people who hate this movie often insult the people who would like this movie more than the movie itself. Which says to me that the people who don't like it simply couldn't "get it" therefore would like to rip on the viewers to make them feel more intelligent. Is the movie stupid? Absolutely. Does it have a great plot with characters you can relate to? Absolutely not... sort of. I would give this movie an 8 but I feel like it deserves much more credit than the "critics" are giving it. Every actor in the movie was perfect for the roll and I laughed the whole way through. The directing was excellent and the story was VERY easy to follow. The effects, outfits, and sets were all... dare I say... spectacular. Certainly not the best movie but certainly not the worst or subpar. Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2011
    Why all the bad reviews? This movie was very entertaining--funny, with action & some laughs. I was expecting a LOT more marijuana references in this film because of the title but was pleasantly surprised to be wholeheartedly entertained throughout most of the film without a bunch of cop out drug jokes. Bravo to the writers & actors.
  11. Feb 17, 2012
    Simply the funniest movie I've seen in years! I assume most of the negative ratings come from the fact that it's quite crude, but if you find dick-jokes funny then you'll find this movie hilarious.
  12. Feb 20, 2012
    Well, you have to go into this movie knowing that it is going to be raunchy and tasteless and crude. If you accept that and are willing to forget about propriety, it is a hell of a lot of fun to watch some relatively serious actors/actresses perform in this crazy satire and sendup of chivalry. Don't be a snob; enjoy the intentionally silly and somewhat vulgar but never mean-spirited romp.
  13. the
    Sep 1, 2012
    this movie is for teenagers critics 666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666
  14. Mar 3, 2014
    This movie appealed to my sense of humour in the best way possible. I simply loved the movie and I wish to see more like it. It has to be one of my favourite movies and everyone I recommend it to loved it as well. I was actually quite shocked to see the critic reviews.

1. Reviewed by: Sam Toy
    Apr 11, 2011
    A decent, affectionate, fitfully funny take on the fantasy genre, but this could have been so much more.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Apr 10, 2011
    Your Highness is drive-by directing at its laziest, linking late-night sketch ideas in a quest for comedy as difficult to locate as the Holy Grail.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Apr 8, 2011
    Occasionally curious moviegoers will discover an especially rotten specimen of the genus Cinema stinkibus... a work of ur-awfulness, counterbrilliance and antigenius. Your Highness, the new medieval-fantasy farce starring and co-written by Danny McBride, is such a movie.