6.8

1. Aug 24, 2013
    “It’s a piece of s*** that, from a distance probably looks like a chocolate bar, but when you get closer, you got to come to the terms of fact that this is a f****** piece of s***.”

– Brad “The Cinema Snob” Jones
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    It is actually criminal that reviewers gave this garbage a good review this is one of the worst movies i have ever seen predictable plot and characters you don't give two about, and come on are guys with goat masks in janitor costumes scary
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. The characters actions were so stupid that it was unbelievable and the entire theater was laughing, including me. Acting was sketchy throughout. The plot was good per say but felt empty. The twist were some what interesting, Camera work was good. The poor acting and moronic characters ruined this for me, especially since I have been keeping tabs onOne of the worst films I have ever seen. The characters actions were so stupid that it was unbelievable and the entire theater was laughing, including me. Acting was sketchy throughout. The plot was good per say but felt empty. The twist were some what interesting, Camera work was good. The poor acting and moronic characters ruined this for me, especially since I have been keeping tabs on this film since I saw the first trailer. Though I give them bonus point because Sharni Vinson was awesome in it and super attractive. Collapse
  4. Aug 29, 2013
    This is by far the Worst movie I have ever seen. I couldn't figure out if it was a Comedy or a Horror movie. The previews you see on tv make it look like its going to be this scary movie and I was so disappointed. Seriously when I read reviews I say to myself "Oh, everybody is different, I will give it a try" I'm telling you from a person that loves movies, SAVE your money, or wait tillThis is by far the Worst movie I have ever seen. I couldn't figure out if it was a Comedy or a Horror movie. The previews you see on tv make it look like its going to be this scary movie and I was so disappointed. Seriously when I read reviews I say to myself "Oh, everybody is different, I will give it a try" I'm telling you from a person that loves movies, SAVE your money, or wait till you can get it on DVD of you must punish yourself. The name of the movie should be "You're next Sucker, got your money". Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2014
    How the **** did a film like this a 66 overall critic review? It sucked so hard it's not even funny. Acting was ok but the predictable plot and lack of quality gore really disappointed me. Don't even bother with this trash, It's a straight to video horror film at best.
  6. Aug 26, 2013
    Bad editing. Bad writing. Bad cinematography. Bad acting. Bad musical score. Bad "plot twists" Bad character development. Bad comedy. Bad mood.

Bad movie.
  7. Aug 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay. Let's get this outta the way. This is a Redbox rental...at best. Maybe something you stumble upon searching through Netflix one night. This is definitely not a movie ticket purchase. It's so damn full of cliche and just dumb moments that we've all seen before. I just kept hoping it would turn into something more the entire time, but was disappointed. Some horror movies can be....meh, but at least it was a good time, this wasn't even that. ***SPOILERS START*** What you see in the first scene is pretty much the entire tone of the movie. Period. I mean, the killers' calling card of "You're Next" doesn't even make sense or really apply to anything. It's not like this crew has been on a killing spree and this is their M.O. Just some punks in masks who get hired for a job. The motive for it all is....money? C'mon!!! ***SPOILERS OVER***. Apologies, for not giving a spoiler-free review, because I hate those too, but this movie doesn't deserve the time or effort to be vague. At the end of the day, make your own decision, but I think you should trust my humble opinion and wait for that $1.50 rental. Til next time! Expand
  8. Feb 12, 2014
    The movie started off extremely slow, but I kept on watching hoping it would get better. But it didn't. The movie has no scares, only laughs. watching this movie, it remind me of home alone and then at the end turns into a Rambo!
  9. Jan 19, 2014
    Slow pacing at the beginning forced me to FF alot until the killing began and then it was a soul-numbing blood-bath of psychotia. This type of film may work for some but not for me.
  10. Sep 27, 2013
    This movie has a great plot, I will give it that. But there was nothing to look forward to since the whole plot was revealed so soon in the beginning of the movie. Plus the fact that the acting was terrible. If you have money to waste and time to kill, go watch it. Then you will see that this movie could have been a classic if it had much better actors in it and the plot was not given awayThis movie has a great plot, I will give it that. But there was nothing to look forward to since the whole plot was revealed so soon in the beginning of the movie. Plus the fact that the acting was terrible. If you have money to waste and time to kill, go watch it. Then you will see that this movie could have been a classic if it had much better actors in it and the plot was not given away so soon. So in short, the movie needs totally revamped. This is nothing more then a B rated movie gone wrong. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    The movie is a complete joke. It reveals itself so early in the film, that the last half hour is nothing more than a bunch of gruesome deaths. The acting was actually scarier than the film and the entire premise was foolish.
  12. Jan 15, 2014
    This is just another cheap slasher film that tries to add a slight twist and a little style but overall it fails to add any new ground. The main female character saves this film from an F. D-
  13. Sep 4, 2013
    This movie was a bit of letdown. I didn't have high expectations going in, but this movie wasn't even credible in the slightest. I understand that most horror movies generally don't allow the user to suspend disbelief, but this movie takes it to another level. What really made me cringe was the awful dialogue. In particular, the line, me next to your dead mother." Do me a favor. What isThis movie was a bit of letdown. I didn't have high expectations going in, but this movie wasn't even credible in the slightest. I understand that most horror movies generally don't allow the user to suspend disbelief, but this movie takes it to another level. What really made me cringe was the awful dialogue. In particular, the line, me next to your dead mother." Do me a favor. What is good about this movie though, is the sound and camera work. For an independent film, they are very impressive. It's just the poor dialogue, and utter lack of realism that was the letdown. This is basically a modern day "Scream". But these days, movies like "Scream" are passe. Nothing original here folks. And you know a horror movie is particularly bad when the audience watching it is *laughing* at how bad it is. It was still better than Blair Witch Project though, which was the last independent horror film I saw at the theater. As we all know though, that isn't saying very much. Not a complete waste of money, but not a movie I'd watch again. Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible acting. Decent plot. The characters continuous screaming and yelling gave me a legit headache and made me want to turn it oft but i needed to see if it got better. Thank god i didn't spend the money to see it in the theatres or i may have left.

The mother obviously had some psychological problems which lead me to feel bad for her, and why would you leave her alone if that's the case!? Anyways, that was taken care of quite fast. One less screaming baby.

The plot was decent, somewhat thought out but there are already so many movies with the same 'twist and turns' the exact same plot. A little frustrating to say the least. Glad i saw it but wouldn't watch it again.

Shut the F up, stop screaming and doing idiodic things.
  15. Oct 26, 2014
    This movie does not deserve the ratings it got; it is a predictable, half action movie with poor actors and thin, fake characters. The plot leaves something to be desired and leaves you cringing in the end with the lame quote "why not?"

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Aug 28, 2013
    Wingard’s film is its own subset of fractious family crazy.
  2. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Aug 27, 2013
    A solid watch for gore fans.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Aug 26, 2013
    Maybe, in another time and place, and with different actors and a better director, it might have worked. But this thing collapses right from the get-go.