Youth Without Youth

6.2

1. MichelC.
    Jun 1, 2008
    They said that there was nudity in the movie, but not enough in my opinion. At the beginning it's quite satisfying with that german spy chick, but it goes dry afterwards. Just when you think he's gonna fuck that Veronica, she grows old and you know there's almost 0 chance that you'll see sex again in the movie.
  2. Jim
    Jan 4, 2008
    I agree one hundred with half of the critics have written--impenetrable. To the other half I say, "The emperor has no clothes."
  3. MichaelB
    May 29, 2008
    I can't believe I watched the entire thing.....whatever it was.
  4. MichaelE.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Not without moments reminding us that Coppola is a great filmmaker, but "Youth Without Youth" is essentially a non-film.

1. How's this for a ringing endorsement: Watching Youth Without Youth, Francis Ford Coppola's first film in nearly a decade, is like taking a philosophy exam. A really tiring philosophy exam, where the questions are elegantly phrased but damn confounding and not really conducive to right answers.
  2. Unfortunately, "Youth" becomes so lost in its own conceptual, convoluted vortex, it becomes virtually incomprehensible. Coppola proves that even the best of our film artists can lose sight of what this medium is all about: entertaining, enlightening and including its audience.
    Tt is a comeback, and if it leads the director to better work, it can be forgiven as a warm-up.