8.1

1. JonB
    Mar 21, 2010
    Anyone who rated this film below a 5 needs to go look in the mirror and smack thier stupid ego-maniacal reflection. I love that one person said the zombies didn't feel like a real menace..... dude it's a comedy. It was pretty funny. It had a hilarious cameo. The saddest part about the bad reviews is that most are from zombie movie fans. Ladies and gentlemen, let us not rip on Anyone who rated this film below a 5 needs to go look in the mirror and smack thier stupid ego-maniacal reflection. I love that one person said the zombies didn't feel like a real menace..... dude it's a comedy. It was pretty funny. It had a hilarious cameo. The saddest part about the bad reviews is that most are from zombie movie fans. Ladies and gentlemen, let us not rip on films that are helping bring zombies back. Zombieland is great for 3 reasons. 1 its funny, and if you dont think its funny, go to the doctor.... you are dying from taking life too seriously. 2 it has zombies, anything with zombies is great, and thier zombies were horribly fantastic. In conclusion, anyone who tried to take zombieland seriously should have read the title of the movie again, and stayed on the couch. The rules won me btw... those were great. and finally, anyone who read this and notices that I only gave 2 examples when I said 3 reasons should skip the doctor and go straight to the ER. Expand
  2. Mr.M
    Oct 10, 2009
    Went to see this today, walked out, bought 11 packets of noodles. I think that says enough but this is one hell of a film, rarely do you find a film of this quality, funny, great action moments and a great plot. Simply amazing.
  3. Keltik
    Nov 20, 2009
    Think Shaun of the Dead, but more like an American comedy than a British one. That's Zombieland in a nutshell. Excellent movie, and definitely worth buying once it comes out.
  4. TimothyT
    Nov 3, 2009
    Damn funny movie; watch it if you haven't already.
  5. omegokuo.
    Oct 13, 2009
    Excellent movie. Funny, not too long or drawn out. Best movie I've seen in months.
  6. JerryW
    Oct 15, 2009
    Woody Harrelson leads a group of desperate humans in a world overrun by flesh-eating zombies. The action is as brutal and bloody as you might expect, but it kicks ass! What makes this even better is the comedy
  7. MarkC
    Oct 17, 2009
    Pretty funny in some spots, drags a little in the middle. Overall, good movie to see.
  8. RickS
    Oct 22, 2009
    Its not just the amazing cast that makes this work - its the fact they dont bother with the boring social commentary - its like watching House of the Dead overkill with extra comedy.
  9. FeliciaN.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Non-stop fun. We laughed out butts off through the whole movie. The cameo was awesome, the action was awesome, the humor was awesome. Worth seeing.
  10. PaulJ.
    Oct 4, 2009
    I love zombie movies. I have to say This is the best zombie movie i have ever seen. I have watch pretty much watched all zombie movies and this is just the best hands down.
  11. JohnL
    Oct 5, 2009
    I don't buy movies when they come out to DVD/BR but if I did this would be at the top of the list. One of the few movies I actually paid to see in theaters and would probably go see again with friends.
  12. ChristinaR.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great movie. It is for zombie fans and non zombie fans alike. Must see.
  13. AnonymousMC
    Oct 5, 2009
    This movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters in years, and you never learn his true name. The character development is fantastic and the plot develops very well. I could shower this movie with praiseThis movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters in years, and you never learn his true name. The character development is fantastic and the plot develops very well. I could shower this movie with praise for hours, but I must end this. The only bad thing I have to say bad about this movie, is that it is pretty short. But besides that, this movie will pretty much guarantee to put a smile on your face. Expand
  14. BrandonZ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    This was the best horror comedy since Sean of the Dead. It's just full of comedy action and gore, I enjoyed every second of it.
  15. Natalie
    Oct 7, 2009
    Joy and sunshine wrapped in zombies.
  16. JohnS.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No Country for Old Men. In this film though he is much more about bravado and humor. If you saw Eisenberg in Adventureland or whatever that movie was called This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No Country for Old Men. In this film though he is much more about bravado and humor. If you saw Eisenberg in Adventureland or whatever that movie was called with him being employed at an amusement park then you will be extremely familiar with his performance from the start. The action scenes where zombies are slaughtered by the characters are few and far between. But the filmmakers are creative and polished in making them entertaining and satisfying. I thought the movie was a nonstop entertaining laughfest from start to finish. Expand
  17. MarcB.
    Oct 7, 2009
    I'm not a Zombie movie fan, but this HOR COM (Horror Comedy) was fantastic! Fun, easy to follow but with a good-hearted theme.
  18. JB
    Oct 7, 2009
    Seriously, a magically perfect & well crafted (story & characters) piece of work that will keep you laughing all the way till the end of the movie.
  19. CodiT.
    Oct 8, 2009
    The best zombie comedy ever.
  20. JACE
    Feb 1, 2010
    Rick rhymes with? What was your fave film, Shelock Holmes?! Any why do you idiots fell it necessary to ruin what is possibly one of the greatest cameos ever?!
  21. ryanj
    Feb 19, 2010
    I had high hopes for the film. Unfortunately, it was just a road-trip movie with the zombie theme thrown on to attract a larger crowd. I'm going to play Left 4 Dead.
  22. JoseF.
    Feb 23, 2010
    A very entertaining movie. My fiance begged me to put something else on before the movie started. She ended up loving it.
  23. ConnorK
    Feb 24, 2010
    I don't know what movie you guys were watching, those who rated it so low, but this is a great movie. It's funny and sorry all you fat people that are ticked off by this movie, but yes you would be the first to go. The cast is awesome and Woody is a beast. I loved this movie.
  24. ConnorM
    Feb 5, 2010
    PPL that R8 this 3 or below R either comedy H8ers or lil kids that don't understand jokes that adults understand.
  25. MikeZ.
    Feb 7, 2010
    LOVED every minute of it. very well done. it was funny, with scary parts, but thrilling from start to finish. would love a sequel
  26. AznanN
    Mar 22, 2010
    Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters pose a strange effect on people with no blood-relations. The force of similar experience causes them to band together like a family. There's also plenty of comedy to be had from Columbus's rule in surviving Zombieland, the zombie themselves and the surprise cameo. This is certainly on par with Shaun of The Dead, if not better. Expand
  27. JamesB
    Mar 3, 2010
    Like Shaun of the Dead, it pretty much has no plot. The only idea in the movie is kill zombies. But it's still fun and really funny.
  28. BenM.
    Nov 10, 2009
    If Shaun of the Dead and Superbad had a baby, it would be Zombieland.
  29. BillE
    Oct 11, 2009
    This was just a fun, escapist movie, that delivered on the promise. I had a smile on my face the whole time. It was exactly what I expected and sometimes that isn't bad thing.
  30. JeffK.
    Oct 10, 2009
    Good zombie fun. Better than i expected it to be. Enjoyed it the whole way through. Acting was competent. Enjoyed Woody Harelson more than i expected. Great zombie comedy moments. If your a fan of the genre, you will probably really enjoy this.
  31. AdamL
    Oct 10, 2009
    I was surprised at how this movie was actually better than I imagined. I kept wanting Woody H. to come back into the movie and realize some awesome movie fantasy action stunts, while relieving me of the teenage love crap. But even so , "Little Miss Sunshine", "Adventureland kid ", and Poorman's Lohan, all seemed to know there place , so they didn't really annoy me as much as I I was surprised at how this movie was actually better than I imagined. I kept wanting Woody H. to come back into the movie and realize some awesome movie fantasy action stunts, while relieving me of the teenage love crap. But even so , "Little Miss Sunshine", "Adventureland kid ", and Poorman's Lohan, all seemed to know there place , so they didn't really annoy me as much as I expected. I would say give this movie a chance, its not great, but basically good, with a good surprise cameo ! Expand
  32. BuckmanB
    Nov 1, 2009
    Best zombie movie ever made! If you like zombie movies, this will be your favorite, hands down. Keep in mind this is not a horror movie, this is a comedy movie.
  33. StevenC
    Nov 10, 2009
    A really fun movie, that doesn't take itself to serious. Some really funny scenes and great characters.
  34. DanC.
    Nov 20, 2009
    Great fun! Extremely entertaining and often quite clever. I loved every minute of it. The film delivers exactly what it promises: zombies, Woody Harrelson kicking serious behind, and a rollicking good time.
  35. ChrisR.
    Oct 12, 2009
    Brilliant, just brilliant. Probably the best zombie movie ever. If you like zombies, you'll love this!
  36. AbhinavR
    Nov 30, 2009
    At only 1:20, Zombieland is good fun, without any 'waffly' scenes or boring sequences. It's fast-paced and has good, witty humour. Highly recommended!
  37. gabbg
    Nov 30, 2009
    Different from other zombie films,,a little bit funny but fantastic in terms of entertaining,,,simple but elegant.
  38. JoshF
    Oct 13, 2009
    Nothing short of fantastic. One of the most entertaining and hilarious films I've seen since Tropic Thunder.
  39. TL
    Oct 13, 2009
    Kept me and my friends entertained. One of my favorites of the year definately. Kind of short and got just a little boring during the middle but for the most part it was great. Best American horror/comedy of the year I'd say. The actors did a darn good job and the characters were likable. Grats to the movie makers and thanks for talking of a sequel!
  40. RyanS
    Oct 15, 2009
    I liked the zombies, the gore, the violence. Woody Harrelson makes a good zombie killer. The laughs were there, but there was nothing overly funny. The teen romance element was kind of out of place.
  41. JeffA
    Nov 5, 2009
    Unlikeable characters, pretty dumb, tries to be funny and hip but the writing is really pretty crap.
  42. KenG
    Oct 15, 2009
    Goofier than most zombie movies, but still fill of action, thrills and suspense, this is just a lot of fun.
  43. StevenA
    Nov 6, 2009
    I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit it's not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but it does come close. And coming from a western attempt, it should the amount of effort put into it. I would definitely recommend watching it. I want to see it again. Expand
  44. RobynB
    Nov 6, 2009
    this was the worst "zombie" movie i have ever seen. there was little to no plot, and there was no reason why any of those characters would be alive based on pure stupidity. "lets go to pacific play land and turn on all the lights and rides and NOT expect zombies to attack, especially while we're in a major city. but before we do that let's go to Bill Murray's house with this was the worst "zombie" movie i have ever seen. there was little to no plot, and there was no reason why any of those characters would be alive based on pure stupidity. "lets go to pacific play land and turn on all the lights and rides and NOT expect zombies to attack, especially while we're in a major city. but before we do that let's go to Bill Murray's house with lots of glass windows and hit golf balls and make lots of noise"???????? it just didnt make any sense! i hated this movie to the core. Expand
  45. StephenG
    Oct 18, 2009
    Zombieland is really good. I recomend seeing it.
  46. JimS
    Oct 2, 2009
    Not what I expected, Zombieland is essentially a road-trip movie fueled with teen-age angst and mid-life melancholy. It is full of laughs and even manages a few tender moments. Above all, it is a finely crafted escapist romp, a movie feast for the senses. Oh and yeah, there is some great zombie killin
  47. Esme
    Oct 2, 2009
    Awesomely entertaining and funny.
  48. DavidF.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I usually don't like these kind of movies, I mean shawn of the dead was okay but really not all that funny. That said this movie was great, a perfect balance of novel ways to kill zombies/humans and running jokes. The "love story" was not over done and serves to compliment the overall movie without attempting to steal the spotlight.
  49. WadeG.
    Oct 2, 2009
    ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans about Bill Murrays part in the movie but I will say its one of the most awesome I cant believe my eyes moments in the whole movie. Honestly if you don't go see this movie you are missing a classic that will be talked about 20 years from now. Expand
  50. EricE
    Oct 2, 2009
    I am not a huge Zombie movie fan. Usually they are too gory for my tastes. But a friend dragged me to this movie and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was quite funny. It also wasn't that gory like it could have been. There was only one scene where I looked away because I knew something gross was coming. It may be a rare buy for me when it comes out on Blu-Ray.
  51. AshtonS
    Oct 2, 2009
    Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and that is hard to top.. Expand
  52. ChrisS
    Oct 22, 2009
    Zombieland is one of the best movies of the decade. I would recommend seeing it.
  53. JimF
    Oct 25, 2009
    "Zombieland" starts well, with the narrative voice of Jesse Eisenberg providing a witty and original take on the vampire story: antisocial behavior being a help in warding off the undead, with wittily designed title cards popping up at every time the narrator's lessons appear on screen. And while Woody Harrelson's introduction doesn't nearly live up to the hype and "Zombieland" starts well, with the narrative voice of Jesse Eisenberg providing a witty and original take on the vampire story: antisocial behavior being a help in warding off the undead, with wittily designed title cards popping up at every time the narrator's lessons appear on screen. And while Woody Harrelson's introduction doesn't nearly live up to the hype and expectation generated by the ubiquitous traile, it has its share of moments. Unfortunately, most of this initial interest and amusement faded with the introduction of the poorly drawn, unattractive and unimaginative female characters (2 young sisters) that pop into the film somewhere in the middle of the second reel. And while it's pretty obvious when the character is shown to be such an innocent loner that at some point he's going to have to "nut up or shut up", given the way this takes place, audiences might be forgiven for wondering if the filmmakers have themselves had much experience with this. Expand
  54. NiickkT
    Oct 27, 2009
    Really enjoyable "zombe" film, good performances from all involved and the most hilarious cameo appearance in a film for years. It did take a while to get going but I look forward to seeing it again. Not at all scarey, there is a bit of gore though if you are squeemish.
  55. PaulS
    Oct 31, 2009
    Not quite Shawn of the Dead but still a good zombie comedy.
  56. MicksK.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Simply amazing, this is the zombie parody people have never expected to be so good.
  57. ChrisG.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Best Zombie film I've seen in 5 yrs. Director sets a nice pace and it flows very well. All the actors had great screen presence and chemistry with one another. Not to mention it is one of the most original zombie screenplays ever written.
  58. MattY
    Oct 3, 2009
    I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film rocked; easy recommend. Expand
  59. ChrisM
    Oct 3, 2009
    This movie was much better than I expected. I'm kind of tired of the whole zombie genre in general, and entered this film with low expectations. Thankfully, not only did this movie exceed my expectations, but it did so to the level where I would recommend it to others. Its genuinely funny, but while this movie and Shaun of the Dead will see a lot of comparisons (not very many This movie was much better than I expected. I'm kind of tired of the whole zombie genre in general, and entered this film with low expectations. Thankfully, not only did this movie exceed my expectations, but it did so to the level where I would recommend it to others. Its genuinely funny, but while this movie and Shaun of the Dead will see a lot of comparisons (not very many ZomRomComs out there) the similarities end at the genre. That said, thoroughly enjoyable movie and Id recommend it to anyone. Expand
  60. RicardoWizard
    Oct 3, 2009
    A great movie to see in theaters and to have a fun night out. The action is awesome, the comedy is outright funny and the cameo is one of the best cameos of the entire year. My favorite movie of the year so far.
  61. HollyS.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Better than Shaun of the Dead. Funny from frame 1 until the end!
  62. TylerR.
    Oct 4, 2009
    A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. I'm thoroughly disappointed with it's metascore on here. It deserves better. I give this 2 thumbs up and recommend it for anyone (Who can handle lots of gore). Expand
  63. JasonN.
    Lots of fun!!!
  64. MattB.
    Never got boring.
  65. OscarF.
    Unimaginably Funny!!!
  66. Mel
    Oct 5, 2009
    The over-the-top gore had me worried at first, but this movie actually had some great character development and a fun sense of humor!
  67. DougT
    Hilarious. Simply that.
  68. BillyS.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Zombieland is as funny as Shawn Of The Dead, but because of one surprize cameo that has to be the single greatest cameo ever in a movie, moves it up a couple notches on my scale. an instant classic scene!
  69. JackC.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Works on pretty much all levels. A hilarious script with four great performances and plenty of cool action/horror sequences.
  70. KeithP.
    Oct 6, 2009
    I like Zombieland. This movie is funny. I laughed a lot when I watched it. I give it a 10 out of 10.
  71. KainD.
    Oct 6, 2009
    You enter the theater with intentions of seeing a hilarious romp through a zombie infested world, and that's exactly what you get. Flawlessly well done.
  72. Adam
    Oct 6, 2009
    nut up or shut up, the funniest movie this year.
  73. AndrewT.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This film the best teen to very young adult oriented romantic comedies I have ever seen. And being from Texas, I can confirm that Garland, Texas really does look like that! Well done Ruben Fleischer!
  74. Ostaf
    Oct 8, 2009
    Really REALLY funny. There was a few times when it was kind of slow and the people that sat behind me pissed me off (yes I am rating this movie down because of the people behind me in the movie theater) But I laughed at Bill Murry so hard I peed a little. Funny movie and I recommend it to everyone (except people that don't like R rated movies.
  75. KenS
    Oct 9, 2009
    Don't think; just laugh.
  76. SamH
    Jan 17, 2010
    This movie rocked. It's the perfect comedy. It's got zombies, so its a bit scary at some parts, but its also got a lot of humor, and even some romance. This is honesty one of my favorite comedies. It's the right kind of funny with not too much references to sex, like most recent comedy movies.
  77. AntwianF.
    Jan 22, 2010
    woody at his best. very funny albeit corny and different zombie flick that does it thing. the girls are the best even though they don't have many morals. laugh out loud comedy/drama????
  78. NickT
    Jan 27, 2010
    This has got to be the best Horror/Comedy film yet. It was mainly a spoof, but didnt go too far with it. Great visual effects, awesome camera angles, and the perfect cast. If only it was just a little more longer.
  79. BillyC
    Feb 12, 2010
    I knew nothing of the movie going in, loved it after "Double Tap". 9 instead of 10 because it was a bit slow in places, but most of the scenes were great.
  80. MiKE
    Feb 12, 2010
    I enjoy the whole zombie idea, where the whole population turns into zombies and its the end of the world. The movie had such a good start! I was ready to enjot it, and then it became boring with a cast of 4 actors!?!? Not funny, no adventure, AVOID
  81. MattT
    Feb 16, 2010
    Not nearly as good as many here and elsewhere are claiming. Both me and my wife agree it was 'alright'. And everyone seems to be gushing about Bill Murray's cameo, but it was really only worh a couple of chuckles, if that. I would say this is worth watching if you don't have to pay for it. Also, turning all of the lights and rides on at an abandoned amusment park and Not nearly as good as many here and elsewhere are claiming. Both me and my wife agree it was 'alright'. And everyone seems to be gushing about Bill Murray's cameo, but it was really only worh a couple of chuckles, if that. I would say this is worth watching if you don't have to pay for it. Also, turning all of the lights and rides on at an abandoned amusment park and not knowing it would attract zombies is pretty stupid. And how exactly were they riding all of the rides anyway with no one to start and stop them? I know I'm being picky but even wacky comedies have to follow some rules or who would give a crap what happened to the characters? Expand
  82. NathanielD
    Mar 22, 2010
    Brilliant film, homages and paradys at the same time. Some miss jokes but enough brilliant hits to make it up.
  83. MarkW
    Mar 28, 2010
    According to most reviewers Zombieland was either was the worst movie ever (a "1") or the best (a "10")! A little reality check... Zombieland is a cute flick with a few big laughs, a handful of chuckles, and a flimsy plot. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half if you have some time to kill but nothing you will be talking about a few days later. So ignore all the "fan boys" and all the According to most reviewers Zombieland was either was the worst movie ever (a "1") or the best (a "10")! A little reality check... Zombieland is a cute flick with a few big laughs, a handful of chuckles, and a flimsy plot. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half if you have some time to kill but nothing you will be talking about a few days later. So ignore all the "fan boys" and all the "haters" and give it a watch if you don't have something you *really* want to watch in your DVD queue. Expand
  84. JonK
    Mar 29, 2010
    It seemed that the rules started out as a big part of the movie and were ignored too much later. Bill Murray was funny, yet being accidentally killed didn't seem to work well for the movie.
  85. TomR
    Oct 11, 2009
    Very very slow. Is about all I could say about it. I went in expecting a Shaun of the Dead which was great but it was was so boring. We kept hoping that it would get better but after Bill Murry (which was ok but no where as funny as everyone says) May wife and I left. We couldn't figure out how it would get better so we left.
  86. MichaelM.
    Oct 11, 2009
    This film is a lot of fun. I'll admit the plot is rather thin, but the goal here is laughs, and they deliver. By the way, Miles L. with his extended vocabulary needs to write a formal essay with examples, because I am racking my brain and I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.
  87. GavinC.
    Nov 14, 2009
    A really funny and self-aware film that delivers plenty of great characters and gore.
  88. EthanC.
    Oct 12, 2009
    This was one of the most entertaining movies ive seen in forever. It was hilarious and was just fun to watch. Its not the best movie i have ever seen but let me tell you it was very, very entertaining, and like i said before, just fun! So watch it and anybody who doesnt like this movie needs to get a stick out of their ass.
  89. warmerc
    Oct 12, 2009
    Zombieland reminded me of shaun of the dead in a lot of ways but i loved how they go through his rules and it based on a serious thing like zombies but has me laughing through out most of the movie.
  90. John
    Nov 29, 2009
    Funny coming of age movie but it's characters are quirky but a little too perfect. Predictable once you get the premise.
  91. ShannonC
    Oct 14, 2009
    No plot no story line at all your constantly waiting for something interesting or action worthy to happen. Bill Murray was the funniest part of the movie!!!
  92. homes
    Oct 14, 2009
    Truly a funny horror/comedy. Touching (as much as it can be) as well. I wish to restate this comedy is actually funny. A funny comedy, complete with new catch phrases like "nut up, or shut up". I recommend it to anyone with a stomach for gore and a sense of humor.
  93. GrantZ
    Oct 21, 2009
    Zombieland is without a doubt one of this years finest comedies. It's a genuine laugh-a-minute film. Even the gore is funny. You'll be hard pressed to not like the charismatic characters either who are just perfect, and really make this movie seem real.... in a way.
  94. ThomasI
    Dec 14, 2009
    I would give it a 9.8, because no film is perfect, this film had a few flaws... a few parts got to the edge of boring, but never crossed over. Bill Murray was the only real let down in the film. You'll be sure to have your fair share of violence and comedy... and it's all round AWESOME.
  95. Rick
    Dec 26, 2009
    How did this film ever score above 70? It was one of the worst pieces of garbage released in 2009, as far as I'm concerned. LIke 97% of the movie, the stopover at Bill Murray's mansion felt like it was written in to pad out a plot that would not have served adequately for a three-minute cartoon. If films like this can achieve popularity, it helps explain how Britney Spears and How did this film ever score above 70? It was one of the worst pieces of garbage released in 2009, as far as I'm concerned. LIke 97% of the movie, the stopover at Bill Murray's mansion felt like it was written in to pad out a plot that would not have served adequately for a three-minute cartoon. If films like this can achieve popularity, it helps explain how Britney Spears and Ashlee Simpson can become famous. Expand
  96. Fantasy
    Oct 25, 2009
    Not funny at all. Way overrated.
  97. KyleB.
    Dec 6, 2009
    ZOMBIELAND IS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!It was better then X men Origns and any other movie I've seen! I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN RUBEN FIEISCHER!!!!!! And by the way I am onley 8 years old.
  98. ChrisR
    Dec 8, 2009
    I enjoyed this movie for the fun entertainment it's supposed to be. I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead, but after seeing Zombieland and re-watching Shaun of the Dead I think Zombieland does a better job with pacing and some added depth, while Shaun is more carefree and whimsical. I love the way that the Rules were shown in the movie. It gave Zombieland a unique edge for me when I enjoyed this movie for the fun entertainment it's supposed to be. I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead, but after seeing Zombieland and re-watching Shaun of the Dead I think Zombieland does a better job with pacing and some added depth, while Shaun is more carefree and whimsical. I love the way that the Rules were shown in the movie. It gave Zombieland a unique edge for me when I was simply expecting another silly zombie flick. Expand
  99. DavidP
    Dec 18, 2009
    Not by any means a great film, it's still a good film and a funny one. Bill Murry's cameo as..well, Bill Murry, is probably the best part of the movie. The forced romantic subplot falls a little flat, but the film doesn't dwell on it's shortcomings, choosing instead to keep throwing the gags and gore up till the very end.
  100. Nuno
    Dec 19, 2009
    First of all I must say, I knew absolutely nothing about this movie when I bought the ticket for the movie. Had no expectations, damn, I didn't even know if this was a comedy or not! Well anyway, this movie is nearly perfect, what many may dislike is the fact that this isn't a complete comedy; has some dramatic moments, and some romantic moments, by that I mean this isn't a First of all I must say, I knew absolutely nothing about this movie when I bought the ticket for the movie. Had no expectations, damn, I didn't even know if this was a comedy or not! Well anyway, this movie is nearly perfect, what many may dislike is the fact that this isn't a complete comedy; has some dramatic moments, and some romantic moments, by that I mean this isn't a 100%comedy; for me, it worked perfectly. Expand

1. Falling closer in tone to "Shaun of the Dead" than "28 Days Later" or the George Romero movies, Zombieland has its tongue planted firmly in its rancid cheek while still delivering the visceral goodies.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Benefiting from the very different but very appealing comedy styles of Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg even when the script's wit runs thin, this should be catnip to jaded genre fans.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Fitfully amusing romp directed with little ambition and even less distinction by first-timer Ruben Fleischer.