Columbia Pictures | Release Date: October 2, 2009
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 1035 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Watermelon789Jun 12, 2011
Funny is a word that is utilized for stuff that are funny, and Zombieland can take part of the word and fuse it with action. Zombieland rivals Shaun of the Dead , so maybe both have similarities . But who cares, as long as you laugh you willFunny is a word that is utilized for stuff that are funny, and Zombieland can take part of the word and fuse it with action. Zombieland rivals Shaun of the Dead , so maybe both have similarities . But who cares, as long as you laugh you will be happy. Expand
GagaForGhibliJun 1, 2012
More Funny Than Scary!
Still A Really Good Movie!
Daniel2651Feb 10, 2014
If you like Shaun of the Dead then you'll love Zombieland. It is the best zombie-film yet and as well as being filled with horror, gore and action it is also filled with comedy.
One great thing about the film which really stands out is the
One great thing about the film which really stands out is the writers choice of characters. For example the main charcter, Columbus, (Jesse Eisenberg) is a very good charcter because he's scared of loads of things like the rags people use to clean tables. These silly fears that Columbus has make him seem weak and keep the viewer wondering if he'll survive Zombieland. Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) and Wichita (Emma Stone) are also great characters who keep you interested because they're not very trustworthy, which makes you wonder which is harder for the last survivors of Zombieland to trust eachother or for them to survive the flesh-eating zombies?
The film also shows you the personality of these charcters in a very unique and entertaining way. It shows the personality of Columbus in a funny and action-packed scene which ends with him being chased by a zombie. This chase scene is not only action-packed but also funny and very gory. The film also shows the personality of Little Rock and Wichita in a very unique and funny way which tells us what they used to do before the world got taken over by zombies. This scene is funny but there is no action or gore in it which the viewer might be expecting after they've seen the gory way Columbus' personlity was introduced. So this scene is funny but it can leave the viewer feeling unsatisifed.
The film's plot is also quite simple which stops the viewer from feeling confused and lost. The plot is that the world has been taken over by zombies and Columbus is one of the last survivors. Soon Columbus finds Tallahasse (Woody Harrelson) who is also a great character because he is seen as a man who is hell-bent on killing zombies and also has a big weakness. Together they find Little Rock and Wichita just after an exhilirating fight scene between Tallhasse, Columbus and three hungry zombies, who are trying to get to a place which is rumoured to have no zombies in it.
But one bad bit of the film is shortly after the scene where the gang decide to live in Bill Murray's house. After this scene the film gets very slow and starts to lack action. Although during these scenes the film does try to keep the viewer entertained by throwing in a few funny jokes.
On the other hand the end scenes of the film more than make up for this boring mistake. During these last scenes the viewer is kept on the edge of their seat by the thrilling chase scenes which are made even better by the magnificent special effects. These scenes re-emphasise how dangerous Zombieland is and leave you wondering if the four will survive.
I would give this film 9/10 and I defintely would recommend it to fans of Shaun of the Dead and other horror/comedy films.
Bullet97Oct 24, 2010
The greatest comedy of the decade!! Forget the Hangover. I've never seen a zombie movie before, but after watching this, I've become addicted to them!! A fun blast, this movie has many awesome factors. Right from the start, it plunges youThe greatest comedy of the decade!! Forget the Hangover. I've never seen a zombie movie before, but after watching this, I've become addicted to them!! A fun blast, this movie has many awesome factors. Right from the start, it plunges you right into the simple but hilarious plot. After explaining the hilarious rules, it shows some of the best slo mo I've ever seen. Then, it shows you the characters and launches you into the story. First off, the cast is brilliant. The badass Woody Harrelson, the nerdy Jesse Eisenberg, the smoking hot Emma Stone, and the sassy Abigail Breslin all bring comedy and heart to this movie. Second, the script and dialouge are witty and hilarious. Third, the gore and action are great. The ways they figure out how to kill the zombies are original and hilarious!! Overall, standing out as its own movie rather than just a Romero tribute, Zombieland features a great cast, a great script, and great action than makes it a total blast!!! Expand
smijatovDec 25, 2010
Who would have thought this would be so good?! It is hardly scary - there are a few scenes, but overall it is rather comical, actually. A very smart comedy, with excellent dialogue and some rather funny plot. The performances are prettyWho would have thought this would be so good?! It is hardly scary - there are a few scenes, but overall it is rather comical, actually. A very smart comedy, with excellent dialogue and some rather funny plot. The performances are pretty decent, and Bill Murray's cameo performance definitely stands out as one of the most memorable parts of the film. Very funny comedy, worth while! Expand
ERG1008Aug 19, 2010
World taken over by Zombies, surviving teenager gets ride from Zombie killer, goes after Twinkies, meet some girls, Zombiefest!
Very well done comedy horror (people are calling it the US Shaun of the Dead) with an excellent script, great set pieces and OTT gore.
Never takes itself seriously, moves at a decent pace, killer cameo & has a tremendously good soundtrack.
bubbaOct 9, 2010
The humor in this movie makes up for the lack of a plot and therefore i give it a 9 because the humor is everything in a movie and i love it but i deducted a point because the plot wasn't very good and i gave it a 9 because Tallahassee isThe humor in this movie makes up for the lack of a plot and therefore i give it a 9 because the humor is everything in a movie and i love it but i deducted a point because the plot wasn't very good and i gave it a 9 because Tallahassee is awesome and i love columbus he is a nerdy little spit *#%$ and i love him for that and the humor in this movie is really good Expand
roddersj04Jan 1, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombieland: A darn good zomcom From the opening moments, you know this film is gonna be one fun ride. Zombieland shows the ongoing zombie apocalypse, from the point of view of four characters. Nervous Columbus is the typical unlikely hero, but he and his list are entertaining to watch, especially when the many items pop up at various places throughout the movie. Woody Harrelson basically steals the film as gun-toting, Twinkie loving Tallahassee. His dialogue sparks. The revealation that he lost his son really makes you feel for the character. The sisters, Little Rock and Witchita, run cons on the two males many times through the movie, with them stealing the boys trucks three times. Their chemistry really sparks, and you believe that these two could be sisters, as they set off through the zombie wasteland to visit the theme park they enjoyed back in happier times. And the cameo! Bill Murray appears, scaring Tallahassee and Witchita as he pretends to be a zombie. His cameo was seriously genius, making you laugh throughout all of his scenes. Tallahassee going all geek boy during meeting him is funny as, with them smoking from a bong, to dressing up as ghostbusters. Shame Columbus accidently shoots him, thinking he was really a zombie. To be honest, if Zombies do infest the world, there should be a lot more. Especially running to Tallahassee when hes unloading bullets after finding the redneck truck. Also, some of Columbus' early dialogue had me cringing a bit. The finale: Fighting zombies at the amusement park, from Talahassee on the rollercoaster to locked in the booth whilst surrounded, this ranks up there with the best film zombie fights. Gotta love when the zombies chasing after Columbus get hit by the swinging ride (dunno its name). And the zombie clown. Win! All in all, this was a brilliant zombie film. If it wasn't for Shaun Of The Dead, this would be the best zombie comedy film. Oh well Expand
RumblebeeloveDec 13, 2010
This movie is a must see for any and all zombie fans. There is wonderful camera work, chemistry between the actors and some fantastic zombie effects. Let's not forget the generous nods to great horror flicks of old, and a very special cameo.This movie is a must see for any and all zombie fans. There is wonderful camera work, chemistry between the actors and some fantastic zombie effects. Let's not forget the generous nods to great horror flicks of old, and a very special cameo. It's fun and witty, and is one of my new favorite films. Go see this, it is worth every bit. Expand
TheQuietGamerMar 9, 2011
While it misses some opportunities to be funny, it's still a fantastic zombie movie do to the actors, they actually are believable because they act like real people (except maybe Tallahassee), this is still one of my favorite zombie movies,While it misses some opportunities to be funny, it's still a fantastic zombie movie do to the actors, they actually are believable because they act like real people (except maybe Tallahassee), this is still one of my favorite zombie movies, and a must see for fans of the genre. Expand
khen001Dec 27, 2010
Maybe if comedy movies are like this, critics will respect its genre and can get a highly positive review. Every elements in this movie is perfect. All casts ensemble each character in a great way. The zombies were funny and scary. Its veryMaybe if comedy movies are like this, critics will respect its genre and can get a highly positive review. Every elements in this movie is perfect. All casts ensemble each character in a great way. The zombies were funny and scary. Its very different to all zombie movies, maybe because it is comedy. No thanks to movies of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer because its kinda rough and stupid. "Zombieland" is better than "The Hangover", I can say. I hope the sequel will still average the goodness of its predecessor. Expand
MrRiggsFeb 26, 2011
ZOMBIES! What else do you need to know? Has to be one of the best zombie flicks out there. AWESOME music, AWESOME cast, AWESOME effects. Dont get much better then this. If you like blood and zombies then this is purely right down your alley.
TheNewSpielbergMay 2, 2011
Twinkies, zombies, Woody Harrelson playing a total badass and two hot chicks. Plus a nerdy computer geek. What could possibly go wrong. When I first saw the trailer back in 2009, I thought it was just another dumb comedy movie, but instead ITwinkies, zombies, Woody Harrelson playing a total badass and two hot chicks. Plus a nerdy computer geek. What could possibly go wrong. When I first saw the trailer back in 2009, I thought it was just another dumb comedy movie, but instead I was given eye candy every minute, and loved it enough to include it in my countdown of my top favorite movies of all time. Ruben Fleischer should receive a medal. In the words of Tallahassee, time to nut up or shut up! Collapse
lovemusicMay 15, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah funny movie. Jesse eisenberg is great. woody harrelson always will be great. Bill Murray was hilarious.
ZiggyStardustJun 21, 2011
One hell of a zombie flick! Finally something innovative and new. This movie was amazingly well done and had GREAT humour! I enjoyed every minute of it.
AodecimJul 30, 2011
Completely innovative and refreshing using a completely stale and unimaginative setting -- a Zombie Apocalypse. The character development was satisfying and the comedy was very entertaining. This is still one of my favorite comedies in myCompletely innovative and refreshing using a completely stale and unimaginative setting -- a Zombie Apocalypse. The character development was satisfying and the comedy was very entertaining. This is still one of my favorite comedies in my 22 years of living. The chemistry between Harrelson and Eisenberg is one that I hope to see again in the near future. Expand
ccarroll21Sep 17, 2011
All I can say is, firgin hilarious!!!! Very quotable. I find myself accidentally reciting lines from this movie all the time. Good flick to own and enjoy more than once.
vini1904Aug 18, 2012
A great zombie movie, who knows comedy and horror merge in the right dose, no words to describe, everything fits perfectly in this film, you want excitement? watch this movie, you want comedy? watch this movie, you want to terror? watch this movie!
StevenFMar 31, 2013
Finally something has come along to rival the brilliance of Shaun of the Dead. Zombieland stars Jesse Eisenberg, Wood Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as they embark on finding a safe zone away from their post-apocalyptic nightmare,Finally something has come along to rival the brilliance of Shaun of the Dead. Zombieland stars Jesse Eisenberg, Wood Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as they embark on finding a safe zone away from their post-apocalyptic nightmare, but all the trouble isn't necessarily from the undead.
Eisenberg narrates an ingenious script, outlining different ways to stay alive, such cardio, in other words out-running the undead, all these 'rules' run throughout the film and are simply hilarious, another being to enjoy the little things of there no longer being any rules on earth.
Each character is never properly named in the film, instead being named after where they are from or going to, Eisenberg is Columbus, who runs into Tallahassee (Harrelson), a larger than life man who appears to have been anticipating such an occurrence, he is longing for a Twinkie, and will not stop bashing the heads of obese zombies until he finds one.
They run into Wichita (Stone) and Little Rock (Breslin) who are con artists, and quite good at it. They manage to steal the two mens truck, but it is short lived and they all end up embarking on a journey to Pacific Playland in LA, allegedly free of zombies.
Zombieland combines all the apocalyptic elements of a zombie film but sweetens the film with excellent comedy and wonderfully timed acting.
Harrelson is brilliant as Tallahassee who is endlessly searching for the one Twinkie, but he also holds a different secret that is torturing him inside. The only performance to rival is brilliant and comedic turn was that of Bill Murray, who has an out of this world cameo as himself, it is just laughter perfection.
It raises the barrier and takes away the doom and gloom for a while and almost seems to fulfil a bucket list type film that shows what people would like to think they would do when the world was plunged into chaos, wreck shops, steal cars etc.
The film doesn't change anything in regards to the genre itself, but its brings forward a ver welcome attempt to humorously describe how different people may react to such an occurrence.
Definitely one of the standout comedies in a while, one that has the heart and soul of characters but with a very surreal genre of how this development comes around, and of course a wonderfully funny Bill Murray cameo.
WesfanMay 28, 2012
this movie was awsomely funny it deliverd in every way possible. im glad i payed to see this movie. it had action, comedy, and cutegirls how could any other movie be this good.... beside the Scream Franchise
MilitaiziJun 9, 2012
I love the idea of the movie, it is definitely aimed for teenagers and that's what I am. This is the best zombie comedy out there (I don't take this as a horror movie) with it's stereotypical faces and outstanding storytelling (I fell in loveI love the idea of the movie, it is definitely aimed for teenagers and that's what I am. This is the best zombie comedy out there (I don't take this as a horror movie) with it's stereotypical faces and outstanding storytelling (I fell in love with the style).

I didn't wait this movie to be so good when I first time saw it, actually I was shocked about how good it was, I'm an old school zombie movie fan, I mostly watch Romero's movies, but when you have watched them, there's no helping it. And another plus is the rewatching bonus it gives, this is a movie you can watch alone, with friends or even with family, and it does always give good laughs.
dev92Aug 25, 2012
A phenomenal film which belongs in the same league as Shaun of the Dead when comparing horror/comedies. Woody Harrelson was fantastic as was Jessie Eissenberg. They complement each other very well and obviously are juxtaposed to Emma StoneA phenomenal film which belongs in the same league as Shaun of the Dead when comparing horror/comedies. Woody Harrelson was fantastic as was Jessie Eissenberg. They complement each other very well and obviously are juxtaposed to Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin. I thought that the pacing as well as the emotional arc suffered by a few of the characters really suited the film. This will surely become an all-time classic. Expand
Fadam_GNov 23, 2012
In my opinion this is the perfect film. There is comedy, action, sadness, romance and bromance all rapped up with a well acted believable cast with a well thought out plot to entertain anyone that isn't a complete idiot. I understand thatIn my opinion this is the perfect film. There is comedy, action, sadness, romance and bromance all rapped up with a well acted believable cast with a well thought out plot to entertain anyone that isn't a complete idiot. I understand that everyone's taste in films is different but anyone who puts rates this film any less than a 7/10 clearly has some personal issues with something associated with the film and needs to be ignored because the film itself has very few flaws. I'm not going to list flaws because if I do you will just spend the whole film looking for them and you won't be able to enjoy it properly. I'm not usually one for watching films more than once or twice unless they are very good but I've watched this one at least a dozen times which shows that this is truly the most entertaining film you will see for a long time. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Utilizing a killer blend of exceptional humor and eye-catching violence, "Zombieland" is an immaculate modern comedy featuring some utterly lovable characters.
survivorfan989Apr 7, 2013
A solid comedy blended nicely with Horror to make one heck of a film! I've seen it quite a few times now but it never gets old and it is thoroughly entertaining despite only really featuring four characters, all whom do a great job. There isA solid comedy blended nicely with Horror to make one heck of a film! I've seen it quite a few times now but it never gets old and it is thoroughly entertaining despite only really featuring four characters, all whom do a great job. There is enough clever comedy in there to keep you laughing, as well as watching out for the zombies ready to give you a good jump! It won't be a film for everyone, but I think it's one that most would find it hard not to enjoy! Expand
jAbMaNFeb 11, 2011
Great zombie comedy/horror film besides Shaun of the Dead. Jesse Eisenberg is great and Woody Harrelson is funny.
TylerDurden900Jul 9, 2014
Zombieland is a very funny horror comedy similar to Shaun Of The Dead. The movie is America's version
of Shaun Of The Dead basically. The cast is fabulous in their roles and the movie never hits a dull or
uneven moment. Definitely one of
uneven moment. Definitely one of the best horror comedies in years.
heyitsmegrif4Apr 12, 2012
With Zombieland's incredible cast, and its cool, visual style, and Zombieland managing to be funny, scary, and a great action movie. Zombieland brought life back to the Zombie genre. I give this movie 96%.
grandpajoe6191Oct 2, 2011
"Zombieland" is a rare movie that actually criticizes the world with its laughs and scare. It's a movie you would despise first and love later.
RazvSep 21, 2010
One of the most entertaining movies i've seen in a long time. Along with a great cast comes a simple yet very funny and spectacular plot. Continuous laughter and fun. Very good movie.
MoviebuffreviewJun 2, 2011
A little cliche? Sure. But Zombieland is one hell of a good time, in fact, one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. Thanks to a strong cast and characters, awesome action, awesome dumb slapstick as well as smart dark humor, it isA little cliche? Sure. But Zombieland is one hell of a good time, in fact, one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. Thanks to a strong cast and characters, awesome action, awesome dumb slapstick as well as smart dark humor, it is ingenious and entertaining. See it Expand
MediaCriticNov 3, 2011
I think the movie is a tad overrated in some aspects. It's a good movie, but not THAT good. It's got what you would expect from a zombie movie, blood and guts and weapons and YES, zombies! The bad thing is for me, this is not a film that II think the movie is a tad overrated in some aspects. It's a good movie, but not THAT good. It's got what you would expect from a zombie movie, blood and guts and weapons and YES, zombies! The bad thing is for me, this is not a film that I could watch again and again. The storyline is okay and some parts are quite funny, but the moments aren't as good anymore when you watch it for a second time, which is disappointing. A good zombie movie, though there are better ones out there. Expand
ScottENov 8, 2009
A lot of fun.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
DeVr33zDec 21, 2010
The movie is great popcorn entertainment, and charming characters make it even better. It's too bad it couldn't have been a little funnier at some points, because by the time the end credits were rolling I felt like the plot had missed someThe movie is great popcorn entertainment, and charming characters make it even better. It's too bad it couldn't have been a little funnier at some points, because by the time the end credits were rolling I felt like the plot had missed some potential for comedy. It's still a great movie to watch with friends though. Expand
KundKNov 30, 2010
A gory and mostly hilarious zombie comedy second only to "Shaun of the Dead". There are graphic titles with rules for survival, there is ironic narration, there is chewing entrails, there is Zombie Kill of the Week and zombie Eddie Van Halen,A gory and mostly hilarious zombie comedy second only to "Shaun of the Dead". There are graphic titles with rules for survival, there is ironic narration, there is chewing entrails, there is Zombie Kill of the Week and zombie Eddie Van Halen, but there are also true, deeply human emotions. And a small but awesome cast of survivors. Expand
PaxsterOct 20, 2010
A good film that doesn't require your up most attention. Great cameo from Bill Murray, it does what it is supposed to do with the gore and the laughs and it exceeded my expectations.
GavGav96Dec 10, 2010
The first 10 minutes may suggest otherwise, but Zombieland somehow manages to amusingly gross you out with much violence, keep you chuckling at the jokes the whole way through, and also seem touchingly sad at brief moments.
Justinavery7074Oct 7, 2011
Pretty goddamn stupid, but fun in those terms. I don't think that I ever issued any laughter when I saw this movie, but what actually ensued was entertainment. Something about seeing some zombies die and a nerd get a girl appeals to me. NotPretty goddamn stupid, but fun in those terms. I don't think that I ever issued any laughter when I saw this movie, but what actually ensued was entertainment. Something about seeing some zombies die and a nerd get a girl appeals to me. Not to a standard to where it's common, but to a degree of moderate entertainment. Nothing especially great or remarkable, but somewhat worthwhile. Expand
MovieLonely94Oct 24, 2010
very entertaining and very funny
PYRiAHDec 13, 2010
I have a feeling that people are actually going to enjoy this movie. If the movies Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead had a baby and chose a Michael Cera wanna-be to be the main character, they would name their undead child "Zombieland".I have a feeling that people are actually going to enjoy this movie. If the movies Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead had a baby and chose a Michael Cera wanna-be to be the main character, they would name their undead child "Zombieland". Destined to be a cult classic, "Zombieland" has everything a fan of zombie movies would ever want, comedy and gore. Director Ruben Fleischer took a risk at making another zombie movie when the genre is already so saturated with mediocre films, but for some weird reason "Zombieland" was able to stand out amongst the crowd. Maybe it was the casting of Woody Harrelson?

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
jimmytancrediMay 29, 2011
Youâ
LevelsAndGearDec 27, 2011
"Zombieland" One Line review! (B+)!

Very funny, more romance than I expected, WoW gets a nerdy shout out and Facebook gets a dis - definitely worth checking out. (Note: Not really scary or over the top gross)
j30Sep 27, 2011
A really good zombie comedy movie with rising stars Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. Not to mention the great career turnaround from Woody Harrelson (See the Messenger).
EssenceOfSugarJul 16, 2012
If this was supposed to a zombie comedy, I wasn't sure which I saw most of. There were some awesome jokes, but I felt they became a little too few and far between. I also think the pacing was also a little uneven, because considering it wasIf this was supposed to a zombie comedy, I wasn't sure which I saw most of. There were some awesome jokes, but I felt they became a little too few and far between. I also think the pacing was also a little uneven, because considering it was barely an hour and a half it was a little slow at first and then sped up. I preferred the characters and more or less the ending as that's when it had a little more depth. The rules made up by Columbus were pretty awesome though - and pretty useful when a real zombie apocalypse happens. Expand
BrandonBonaseraNov 18, 2011
ZOMBIELAND is a pretty good movie, but I probably expected too much from what the movie turned out to be.
Trev29Sep 1, 2012
This is a twisted comedy that just lets loose and has one laugh after the other. Killing zombies looks like so much fun. Wish I could get in on the action. Great cast!
ChrisFarnworthJul 17, 2012
To be honest I loved this movie and I think the main reason for this is the cast. I didn't even recognise Woody Harrelson at first but his character was so cool and funny. Jesse Eisenberg reminded me of Jonah Hill playing the typical geekyTo be honest I loved this movie and I think the main reason for this is the cast. I didn't even recognise Woody Harrelson at first but his character was so cool and funny. Jesse Eisenberg reminded me of Jonah Hill playing the typical geeky guy who is hopeless with girls, but I'm glad to see someone else in this role because Jonah Hill has played this kind of character too many times. Also the two sisters in Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin were devious and brilliant, it was nice to see the star from Little Miss Sunshine in a much more grown up role and Emma Stone was just gorgeous as usual. I especially liked the way the rules dropped down throughout the film and the plot was decent, however it seemed to lose pace in the middle of the film. I would love to see a sequel with a bigger budget and more zombies. Definitely my favourite Zombie comedy film to date. 8/10 Expand
StaticSpineJan 17, 2014
Well, this movie is just okay. I mean it's nothing more besides good actors/convincing characters, but the length is too short to expose them or to tell a good story. So there is no actual plot and nothing interesting happens. | found outWell, this movie is just okay. I mean it's nothing more besides good actors/convincing characters, but the length is too short to expose them or to tell a good story. So there is no actual plot and nothing interesting happens. | found out that this movie was made out of a pilot episode for the TV series, that's how it really feels. Expand
dante_finnDec 18, 2012
Double hitting head smashing comedy
Iky009Jan 5, 2014
Cruelmente divertido
FilmVirtueMar 12, 2014
Zombieland is the perfect mix of comedy, horror, and zombie gore put together to be a film. The Acting is top notch and the effects are even better. Not to mention the plots originality is amazing. Great film, two thumbs up.
RaoulCFeb 8, 2010
Very funny and great movie aswell with the best cameo ever! Woody really is at his best as a but-kicking cowboy meats zombieslayer. If you like black comedy, you're gonna love this!
DanielF.Oct 13, 2009
This movie succeeded at being what it was trying to be, which is something that no one else was trying to be. Its funny, with an adequit dose of gore toward the beginning, and a simple flowing storyline. Did I mention it was funny? This movie succeeded at being what it was trying to be, which is something that no one else was trying to be. Its funny, with an adequit dose of gore toward the beginning, and a simple flowing storyline. Did I mention it was funny? Zombieland will be remembered for its hilarious cast of characters and a very impressive cameo toward the middle. I would suggest this to anyone who thinks themselves a fan of zombie movies or anyone who wants a laugh that will stick with them. Expand
Lge777EOct 2, 2009
This movie is non-stop FUN, killing Zombies. I guess it doesn't get old when done right and Zombieland was done right. Normally i dislike this types of movie like Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead. But Zombieland was funny and This movie is non-stop FUN, killing Zombies. I guess it doesn't get old when done right and Zombieland was done right. Normally i dislike this types of movie like Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead. But Zombieland was funny and well put together toss in Woody and you have a movie worth your hard worked coin. Expand
zachOct 4, 2009
This was a lot better than i was expecting. This movie has its jump outs but this movie is flippin hilarious! My favorite zombie movie.
AzmodeusBOct 5, 2009
Well done, highly enjoyable zombie fun. The whole theater was having a great time, including myself.
KevinD.Oct 8, 2009
I went in with very moderate expectations. Happily every expectation was exceeded. This movie is beautiful, funny, and dripping with style. While Jesse Eisenberg often felt like he was trying to invoke Michael Cera, he did a great job. Woody I went in with very moderate expectations. Happily every expectation was exceeded. This movie is beautiful, funny, and dripping with style. While Jesse Eisenberg often felt like he was trying to invoke Michael Cera, he did a great job. Woody H. was brilliantly cast and performed the role flawlessly. There isn't a single thing I would change about this movie. Go see it! Best comedy-zombie film since Shaun of the Dead. Expand
PatG.Oct 9, 2009
Great Movie! Downloaded a crappy version of it and could not wait to see the awesomeness of this film in the theater. Even better!!! Highly recommend.
JohnBFeb 6, 2010
Great piece of work. Listed as a comedy, but I found myself saying "epic win" instead of laughing most of the time.
EricWOct 14, 2009
Truly a great experience for any zombie enthusiast. I never grew tired of it's comedic moments and the action parts were pretty solid for a zombie film. This movie sits up there with Shaun of the dead on my list of favorite films.
SgargioFOct 14, 2009
A Very good movie, Funny, spectacular, Well done... A must for everyone who likes zombie movies
DanWOct 2, 2009
This movie exceeded my expectations. It was pretty funny and the cameo that has a lot of people buzzing is quite awesome. If your a fan of Zombies and/or Shawn of the Dead, I recommend this to you.
chelseamOct 2, 2009
Ok when i saw the commercials for this movie i half expected it to be so horrible it was funny but i had to see it. I'm glad i did i really love the movie. I laughed through out the whole thing and so did my dad and everyone else in the Ok when i saw the commercials for this movie i half expected it to be so horrible it was funny but i had to see it. I'm glad i did i really love the movie. I laughed through out the whole thing and so did my dad and everyone else in the crow. Definitely a movie ill have to buy when it comes out. Expand
tibetanpunkDec 8, 2009
This is one of the only movies I have paid the over-priced entry fee into a cinema to see in recent years were I have come out not feeling ripped off. That's all I have to say.
PatOct 3, 2009
The writing and plot leaves some to be desired in spots, but for the most part this film is perfect in its purpose: comedy, usually at the expense of zombies. I was laughing for pretty much the whole film along with the entire theater. The writing and plot leaves some to be desired in spots, but for the most part this film is perfect in its purpose: comedy, usually at the expense of zombies. I was laughing for pretty much the whole film along with the entire theater. Acting is excellent from Harrelson and Eisenberg and adequate to good from everyone else. Expand
ChadS.Oct 3, 2009
If the best thing about "Zombieland" was the zombies, and the gross-out factor of the cannibalism practiced by the walking dead, this latest entry in the horror subgenre(popularized by George Romero), would be just another ripoff, another If the best thing about "Zombieland" was the zombies, and the gross-out factor of the cannibalism practiced by the walking dead, this latest entry in the horror subgenre(popularized by George Romero), would be just another ripoff, another brainless brain-eating spectacle. Billed as a comedy, thankfully, the laughs that this rollicking film generates aren't always edgy laughs, an audience's audible stamp of approval emanated out from violent situations, a nihilistic nonchalance over the loss of human(and zombie) life. Although there is some of that, conveyed through the hero's list of rules for survival(during the title sequence), "Zombieland" settles down after it sheds the requisite amount of gore to meet the genre minimum, and achieves transcendency(read: a zombie film for non-zombie fans) from its wide-ranging efforts. That's because a lot of the laughs derive from recognizable human interaction. Anchored by, holy mad cow, an interesting lead, the aptly named Columbus(because this Internet explorer discovers America) nearly relegates the zombies to the sidelines. Columbus discovers people: Tallahassee(Woody Harrelson), Wichita(Emma Stone), and Little Rock(Abigail Breslin); he discovers love(Wichita). One more film with the suffix "-land" in it(the first wasGreg Mottolla's "Adventureland"), and Eisenberg will have completed a coming-of-age trilogy. In those opening moments of "Zombieland", Columbus shows us the ill effects that stem from his reclusive conduct, as he narrates dispassionately about the fallibility of man(too fat, too stingy, too careless) while being victimized by a predatory evil dead onslaught. Late in the film, Columbus comes of age when he learns the value of human life, and amends the "don't be a hero" rule by becoming one. This is the most humane zombie movie ever made. Expand
BrainVineOct 3, 2009
If you like zombie movies see this. It is that simple
JimmyF.Oct 3, 2009
Truly fun. Great pace. Nice follow-through on all subplots. Amazing that it's this guy's first feature!
GeorgeNewellOct 5, 2009
I laughed a lot... which is rare for a zombie movie but then again it has BM.
ThuyTOct 7, 2009
Best comedy/horror I've seen all year. Tons of hilarious parts and tons of parts that scare you. Great mixed movie.
ShaneA.Oct 7, 2009
Very Good! Funny as well , especially when they go to Bill's house!
ColeOct 8, 2009
Definitely in my top five favorite movies. I was laughing from beginning to end.
BobSOct 9, 2009
Not as good as Shaun of the Dead. However that was such a funny movie, that doesn't really matter. The only thing Zombieland is lacking is the zombies themselves. But that isn't a bad thing either. Woody Harrelson's character Not as good as Shaun of the Dead. However that was such a funny movie, that doesn't really matter. The only thing Zombieland is lacking is the zombies themselves. But that isn't a bad thing either. Woody Harrelson's character comes off as a Mr. Burns type, but he develops into a sensitive one. Jesse Eisenberg is funny as a Star Trek nerd, Emma Stone gives a good performance, and I don't quite remember her name but the other girl is great too. The ending is very generic, but the rest isn't. The funniest movie of the year so far, it's very much worth the 10 dollars to get in. Expand
DalekJan 6, 2010
I expected more violence and killing from this movie, I didn't think there was enough but, it's interesting. Some funny parts, and 2 girls going to a theme park. Yeah, we all know what zombies like... Loud noises. That's a bit stupid.
MaineMFeb 21, 2010
Fun and enjoyable film. Its NOT a serious zombie film with some jokes - its a full-blown comedy! Definitely worth your time as long as you don't take it too seriously - just have fun!
LandonwFeb 3, 2010
Great Horror movie & Comedy too! I like Good Rated R movies, and thier are not many good R Rated movies anymore but pg-13 movies to target family night out. Was a great zombie movies but only flaw was they took the best of the other zombie Great Horror movie & Comedy too! I like Good Rated R movies, and thier are not many good R Rated movies anymore but pg-13 movies to target family night out. Was a great zombie movies but only flaw was they took the best of the other zombie movies but of course during the movie the cast shot at chest or put themselves in trapped enclosures time & again & youre thinking are they careing about thier lifes? Great Rental and Own if you Like Horror & good script! Expand
AlanRMar 18, 2010
funny well cast entertaining romp and for any one who thinks its cliche THATS THE POINT its making fun of basically every other zombie movie.
JonBMar 21, 2010
Anyone who rated this film below a 5 needs to go look in the mirror and smack thier stupid ego-maniacal reflection. I love that one person said the zombies didn't feel like a real menace..... dude it's a comedy. It was pretty Anyone who rated this film below a 5 needs to go look in the mirror and smack thier stupid ego-maniacal reflection. I love that one person said the zombies didn't feel like a real menace..... dude it's a comedy. It was pretty funny. It had a hilarious cameo. The saddest part about the bad reviews is that most are from zombie movie fans. Ladies and gentlemen, let us not rip on films that are helping bring zombies back. Zombieland is great for 3 reasons. 1 its funny, and if you dont think its funny, go to the doctor.... you are dying from taking life too seriously. 2 it has zombies, anything with zombies is great, and thier zombies were horribly fantastic. In conclusion, anyone who tried to take zombieland seriously should have read the title of the movie again, and stayed on the couch. The rules won me btw... those were great. and finally, anyone who read this and notices that I only gave 2 examples when I said 3 reasons should skip the doctor and go straight to the ER. Expand
Mr.MOct 10, 2009
Went to see this today, walked out, bought 11 packets of noodles. I think that says enough but this is one hell of a film, rarely do you find a film of this quality, funny, great action moments and a great plot. Simply amazing.
KeltikNov 20, 2009
Think Shaun of the Dead, but more like an American comedy than a British one. That's Zombieland in a nutshell. Excellent movie, and definitely worth buying once it comes out.
TimothyTNov 3, 2009
Damn funny movie; watch it if you haven't already.
omegokuo.Oct 13, 2009
Excellent movie. Funny, not too long or drawn out. Best movie I've seen in months.
JerryWOct 15, 2009
Woody Harrelson leads a group of desperate humans in a world overrun by flesh-eating zombies. The action is as brutal and bloody as you might expect, but it kicks ass! What makes this even better is the comedy
RickSOct 22, 2009
Its not just the amazing cast that makes this work - its the fact they dont bother with the boring social commentary - its like watching House of the Dead overkill with extra comedy.
FeliciaN.Oct 3, 2009
Non-stop fun. We laughed out butts off through the whole movie. The cameo was awesome, the action was awesome, the humor was awesome. Worth seeing.
PaulJ.Oct 4, 2009
I love zombie movies. I have to say This is the best zombie movie i have ever seen. I have watch pretty much watched all zombie movies and this is just the best hands down.
JohnLOct 5, 2009
I don't buy movies when they come out to DVD/BR but if I did this would be at the top of the list. One of the few movies I actually paid to see in theaters and would probably go see again with friends.
ChristinaR.Oct 5, 2009
Great movie. It is for zombie fans and non zombie fans alike. Must see.
AnonymousMCOct 5, 2009
This movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters inThis movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters in years, and you never learn his true name. The character development is fantastic and the plot develops very well. I could shower this movie with praise for hours, but I must end this. The only bad thing I have to say bad about this movie, is that it is pretty short. But besides that, this movie will pretty much guarantee to put a smile on your face. Expand
BrandonZ.Oct 5, 2009
This was the best horror comedy since Sean of the Dead. It's just full of comedy action and gore, I enjoyed every second of it.
NatalieOct 7, 2009
Joy and sunshine wrapped in zombies.
JohnS.Oct 7, 2009
This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No Country for Old Men. In this film though he is much more about bravado and humor. If you saw Eisenberg in Adventureland or whatever that movie was called with him being employed at an amusement park then you will be extremely familiar with his performance from the start. The action scenes where zombies are slaughtered by the characters are few and far between. But the filmmakers are creative and polished in making them entertaining and satisfying. I thought the movie was a nonstop entertaining laughfest from start to finish. Expand
MarcB.Oct 7, 2009
I'm not a Zombie movie fan, but this HOR COM (Horror Comedy) was fantastic! Fun, easy to follow but with a good-hearted theme.
JBOct 7, 2009
Seriously, a magically perfect & well crafted (story & characters) piece of work that will keep you laughing all the way till the end of the movie.
CodiT.Oct 8, 2009
The best zombie comedy ever.
JACEFeb 1, 2010
Rick rhymes with? What was your fave film, Shelock Holmes?! Any why do you idiots fell it necessary to ruin what is possibly one of the greatest cameos ever?!
JoseF.Feb 23, 2010
A very entertaining movie. My fiance begged me to put something else on before the movie started. She ended up loving it.
ConnorKFeb 24, 2010
I don't know what movie you guys were watching, those who rated it so low, but this is a great movie. It's funny and sorry all you fat people that are ticked off by this movie, but yes you would be the first to go. The cast is I don't know what movie you guys were watching, those who rated it so low, but this is a great movie. It's funny and sorry all you fat people that are ticked off by this movie, but yes you would be the first to go. The cast is awesome and Woody is a beast. I loved this movie. Expand
ConnorMFeb 5, 2010
PPL that R8 this 3 or below R either comedy H8ers or lil kids that don't understand jokes that adults understand.
MikeZ.Feb 7, 2010
LOVED every minute of it. very well done. it was funny, with scary parts, but thrilling from start to finish. would love a sequel