4.3

1. Aug 10, 2011
    In summary: a pleasant way to spend 2 hours with the kids.

In summary: a pleasant way to spend 2 hours with the kids.

I took my kids (6 year old boy, 9 year old girl) to see Zookeeper, and all three of us came away entertained. Kevin James plays essentially the same role in all his films (Paul Blart, Hitch), the lovable loser too shy and awkward to get the girl. But, he plays the part well, has charisma, and does some excellent physical / slapstick comedy.

The kids loved the talking animals, the humor was good for all ages, and there is nothing offensive beyond some toilet humor. All in all it was a solid family flick that was low on the annoyance factor (think Chipmunks or Smurfs). If you're looking for "A Film", you're in the wrong theatre; if you want a pleasant way to spend 2 hours with the kids, you could worse than Zookeeper.
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    While there are better ways to spend your free time this is still a solid movie, but definitely one for younger audiences (although there is some swearing), it can be predictable at times, and takes a little while to get into it, I did manage to get several laughs out there, and honestly who doesn't enjoy some slapstick every now and then, and Kevin James once again plays the lovable guyWhile there are better ways to spend your free time this is still a solid movie, but definitely one for younger audiences (although there is some swearing), it can be predictable at times, and takes a little while to get into it, I did manage to get several laughs out there, and honestly who doesn't enjoy some slapstick every now and then, and Kevin James once again plays the lovable guy who's to shy to get the girl (so basically the same guy he played in Paul Blart) but he is very good at it, so in the end it's a movie with flaws but still enjoyable one for the family to watch together. Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2012
    Don't say no to this! Its just my opinion. My whole family thought that this was funny throughout, and I thought that the story was better than many recent Sandler movies.
  4. Jan 23, 2012
    Kevin James barley made this movie watchable and the weird thing is that it seems like Adam Sandler is like a bad luck charm because almost all movies that he is involved in are all epic fails like Bucky Larson which should have ended his career just for being involved. Well the movie is dumb and lame it's a darn shame that James and Adams cant make a good movie like I Pronounce you chuckKevin James barley made this movie watchable and the weird thing is that it seems like Adam Sandler is like a bad luck charm because almost all movies that he is involved in are all epic fails like Bucky Larson which should have ended his career just for being involved. Well the movie is dumb and lame it's a darn shame that James and Adams cant make a good movie like I Pronounce you chuck and Larry which I didn't even find remotely bad despite it's awful reviews Collapse
  5. Jul 18, 2011
    You could say that this movie is corny, terrible, not well done... but those people just don't see the point of the movie. This movie was a classic, but probably not like polar express classic. It reminded me a lot of Paul Blart mall cop (since the same guy played the lead role). The movie lived up to the hype, but didn't exceed it. The moral of the movie was about a man being true toYou could say that this movie is corny, terrible, not well done... but those people just don't see the point of the movie. This movie was a classic, but probably not like polar express classic. It reminded me a lot of Paul Blart mall cop (since the same guy played the lead role). The movie lived up to the hype, but didn't exceed it. The moral of the movie was about a man being true to himself and his friends. To me, it was a combination of night at the museum (due to the fact that something really unexpected seemed to come to life) and Paul Blart Maul Cop (for both plot and commedy). If you liked both of those movies, see the movie once. It may be a little corney, but it is a very good family friendly movie. The people who don't like this movie don't think about what is happening. They just see "bad anamatronics" and "corney plot". If you look deeper, you'll see it is a funny family friendly movie that was very creative and worth seeing the first time. Maybe in a year, you'll see it again for laughs. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2011
    I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was hilarious.Great cast.You don't see movies like this very often.Reminds me of FurryI loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was hilarious.Great cast.You don't see movies like this very often.Reminds me of Furry Vengeance.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  7. Sep 11, 2011
    Zookeeper is a great family comedy movie. It's very easy to understand and I'd recommend this movie to anyone who likes comedy.it's also pretty cute that the animals talk and I feel sorry about the hurt gorilla.
  8. Apr 6, 2014
    Zookeeper is just an orginal kevin james movie . the comedy is sort of enjoyable . Grade A- ............................................................................

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Jul 25, 2011
    Some sparks of comedy and fun but largely a flat and unrewarding comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Jul 16, 2011
    The best thing I can say about this sleep-inducing kiddie comedy is that the need to bring in a PG rating must have precluded the endless series of giant-turd gags promised by the title.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Singer
    Jul 12, 2011
    Fans of the spectacle of Kevin James falling over (nine times in 104 minutes!) and shockingly brazen product placement ("Is T.G.I. Friday's as incredible as it looks?") may dig this deranged comedy; everyone else will be scratching their heads.