Paramount Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2001
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 192 Ratings
WATCH NOW
RalphWJul 30, 2009
A very good comedy with a lot of funny actors. And too all the comments calling this a social message, ITS A FREAKING COMEDY MOVIE, if you take this seriously then there is something really really wrong with your head its meant to be funny A very good comedy with a lot of funny actors. And too all the comments calling this a social message, ITS A FREAKING COMEDY MOVIE, if you take this seriously then there is something really really wrong with your head its meant to be funny and not to be taken seriously, were all looking at you "Poor K." Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
butchdeadliftMar 23, 2011
Zoolander was funnier than most comedies iv'e seen made in the past decade. Occasionally, you need to leave reality behind and just have fun at the movies
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Quite possibly the greatest comedy Ben Stiller has ever starred in, "Zoolander" finds itself within a hilarious middle-ground between goofy and satirical.
Rox22Sep 23, 2013
I do give this movie points for trying to do something a little different. Yet, as usual, Stiller comes off a bit to dry and his performance feels forced most of the time.

But him aside, the premise is interesting, the humor is childish

But him aside, the premise is interesting, the humor is childish but entertaining and the characters are something different.

Overall:
The movie could have used a stronger lead and someone who can do physical comedy (Stiller can't.) Other than that I still enjoyed the movie and it was something different.
ydnar4Nov 22, 2014
Zoolander is full of classic comedy actors that are at their top of their game. Of course this film is a little stupid but it makes up for being funny. I'm looking forward to the long awaited sequel to this film. Ben Stiller and Owen WilsonZoolander is full of classic comedy actors that are at their top of their game. Of course this film is a little stupid but it makes up for being funny. I'm looking forward to the long awaited sequel to this film. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are at their buddy comedy best in Zoolander. Expand
YellowKirbyJan 6, 2016
Although slightly disappointing, 'Zoolander' is still a fun comedy to watch in your spare time. It starts out a little slow, and most of the LOL jokes come in slightly later in the movie. Also, the story meandered from time to time,Although slightly disappointing, 'Zoolander' is still a fun comedy to watch in your spare time. It starts out a little slow, and most of the LOL jokes come in slightly later in the movie. Also, the story meandered from time to time, especially towards the end.

In short, 'Zoolander' is a relatively funny flick to watch in your spare time, but not necessarily something to put a day aside for.
DanBurritoJan 17, 2016
Zoolander is a hilarious satire on the fashion industry. Ben Stiller does a great job and so does Owen Wilson but the real scene-stealer is Will Ferrell. He was just hilarious. I did find that it had a bit of a slow beginning but it producedZoolander is a hilarious satire on the fashion industry. Ben Stiller does a great job and so does Owen Wilson but the real scene-stealer is Will Ferrell. He was just hilarious. I did find that it had a bit of a slow beginning but it produced enough laughs to make up for that. Ben Stiller's performance as the film's clueless main character was fun to watch and might just be his best role to date. David Duchoveny's cameo was also very funny. If you don't like these "deliberately stupid" comedies, then this isn't for you but if you do, I'd recommend it. Let's hope the sequel lives up to the hype! Expand
EpicLadySpongeJan 31, 2016
I'm only here because of Zoolander 2. Zoolander actually works to be a better comedy workout for your average movie collection. Hoping Zoolander 2 can be this good as the first one.
TheQuietGamerJan 23, 2015
Over-the-top characters, an absurd premise, and "stupid" humor are all present here. However smart satire keeps the while thing afloat. Ben Stiller (who wrote and directed this as well) has crafted a hilarious movie. One that does go to goofyOver-the-top characters, an absurd premise, and "stupid" humor are all present here. However smart satire keeps the while thing afloat. Ben Stiller (who wrote and directed this as well) has crafted a hilarious movie. One that does go to goofy extremes to get it's laughs, but succeeds because of it. I also can't help but love the plethora of great cameos.

My total score for the movie is a 9.3/10.
SusanneOFeb 3, 2010
People must not understand what satire is. This movie is one of the funniest satirical movies I have ever seen.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
RumblebeeloveDec 13, 2010
This one of my most favorite films. It is satire at its best. The chemistry itself is a reason to watch, for the way Stiller and Wilson work so very well together. Yes, silly, but done in the best way possible!
EmanuelC.Oct 1, 2001
Copies "Austin Powers" but still has its own unique brand of comedy. Owen Wilson is great. This film has the funniest orgy scene I've ever seen.
RahulD.Apr 20, 2008
This is one of the best comedies out there. If you want a quick laugh without thinking, watch this.
TonyJSep 4, 2009
If you like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson then this is a must-see. It's a very funny film. @ Poor K. - you're taking it too seriously! It's a comedy film, not a socio-economic commentary. Next you'll be complaining that If you like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson then this is a must-see. It's a very funny film. @ Poor K. - you're taking it too seriously! It's a comedy film, not a socio-economic commentary. Next you'll be complaining that Spiderman doesn't portray spiders justly. Expand
StaciSep 20, 2005
This is my favorite movie of all time. Ben Stiller is a genius.
NunyaB.Oct 27, 2006
Absolutely hilarious. It's been 6 months since the last time of many that I've seen this movie, and I'm laughing just thinking about it.
KeeganH.May 23, 2006
This movie was so funny owen wilson + Ben stiller = hilarious.
AbbyJun 30, 2007
I am still laughing.
KevinMMar 13, 2009
I can't understand some people's extreme dislike for this movie. I loved every minute of this movie and I'm sorry if it was too wacky for some, but that's the point.
EmmaN.Jan 29, 2007
My brother made me watch this movie coz he loved it SO much. And I must admit, it is very funny. A creative idea executed to near highest standards. V. Good.
SpangleDec 13, 2013
Good and entertaining movie. Certainly plenty of funny moments complimented with an interesting storyline and good performances from the quite star-studded cast (Stiller, Wilson, Farrell).
TrilobiteGSep 30, 2015
A dumb, wacky comedy that ensures a good time even if most of the jokes grow on you ironically and have more of a awkward but at the same time hysterical feel to them.
Movie1997Apr 24, 2013
Zoolander is one weird movie, but you have to admit, it's insanely hilarious. The storyline is good, but for a short movie, it getsthrown in different directions. The characters do make-up for the story's off guide. They may be stupid, butZoolander is one weird movie, but you have to admit, it's insanely hilarious. The storyline is good, but for a short movie, it getsthrown in different directions. The characters do make-up for the story's off guide. They may be stupid, but they seem to put a smile on our face, especially Ben Stiller (Derek Zoolander) and Will Ferrell (Mugatu). Even though Ben has his funny moments he also has his retarded moments, but c'mon, you got to enjoy his idiotic performance. Overall, for a short movie and a weird storyline, you'll still enjoy this silly comedy. Expand
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Dispite being released in 2001 it took me years to see this movie im not sure why because i love Ben Stiller and the film is filled with good actors like Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, David Duchovny,Dispite being released in 2001 it took me years to see this movie im not sure why because i love Ben Stiller and the film is filled with good actors like Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, David Duchovny, plus others i guess it was just a movie i never got around to seeing. Still though since then i have watched the movie at least a good 20 times and i still absolutly love it. Stiller is beyond hilarious in this movie the comedy is so stupid but thats why its so funny and why i love it. There are so many great scenes that leave you crying from laughter like the gas station scene and the walk off between Stiller and Owen. Love this movie it never seems to get old =D

Overall i give it a 7.5 I hope they do Zoolander 2 i know its been in talks for years but its one movie i loved to get made id for sure go watch it in theaters.
iCronicJul 11, 2014
good music up in here. Liked the movie, stiller is always good
MrMovieBuffFeb 1, 2016
'Zoolander' is a bit of a guilty pleasure...a movie I shouldn't really like, but ended up surprising me more than I expected.

Ben Stiller plays an iconic fashion model named Derek Zoolander, who rises from his fame and becomes one of the hottest faces in the country, but then his stardom falls. This is due to his rival named Hansel McDonald (Own Wilson) who ends up winning an award one night that Zoolander thought he was going to win.

Embarrassed and humiliated from this event, Derek tries to rebuild himself when the eager businessman that is Mugatu (Will Ferrell) wants to train him to assassinate the Malaysian Prime Minister.

That is the plot, crazy as it may seem, but that is the plot of this dark comedy.

Stiller directs this movie with a dark and sometimes warped tone, he also plays the character of Zoolander with some kind of dorky, loser feel to him. He is very simple minded and his background includes his dad (played by Jon Voight) hates him, and is ashamed that his son is a male model.

The funny moments in this film are extremely funny, and while it does go a little off the rails in terms of its plot and writing, this is a dumb comedy where you're meant to have fun and just roll with it.
RickyBobbyApr 4, 2015
Hilarious movie love Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell a great pick can't stop watching it can not wait for the second one hopefully it will be even better than this one a 100% by Aidan
aadityamudharApr 19, 2016
Zoolander is a hilarious satire on the fashion industry. Ben Stiller does a great job and so does Owen Wilson but the real scene-stealer is Will Ferrell. He was just hilarious. I did find that it had a bit of a slow beginning but it producedZoolander is a hilarious satire on the fashion industry. Ben Stiller does a great job and so does Owen Wilson but the real scene-stealer is Will Ferrell. He was just hilarious. I did find that it had a bit of a slow beginning but it produced enough laughs to make up for that. Ben Stiller's performance as the film's clueless main character was fun to watch and might just be his best role to date. David Duchoveny's cameo was also very funny. If you don't like these "deliberately stupid" comedies, then this isn't for you but if you do, I'd recommend it. Expand
MasterRileyJul 23, 2016
Zoolander is a very fun movie to watch. Its full of cheesy jokes and dialogue but it never takes itself too seriously. Its a generic comedy movie but a good one at that.