• Record Label: V2
7.2

Review this album

1. JS
    Sep 2, 2002
    a bunch of complete and utter twaddle. more 'tear-your-hair-out' than 'chill-out'.
  2. JohnF.
    May 8, 2002
    Moby, you're not going to be a licensing treasure two in a row, so do something interesting. This man could do so much better.
  3. MichaelF.
    May 14, 2002
    I'm a HUGE Moby fan. But this cd is just shit. I listened to the cd on AOL and I just thanked God that I didn't buy it. PLAY was a GREAT cd, every song was great and different. Well, with 18, every song is different, but fucking HORRIBLE! I bet that there's ONE good song on that cd. That's what they should call the cd "One to 17" 1 being the only good song and 17 being I'm a HUGE Moby fan. But this cd is just shit. I listened to the cd on AOL and I just thanked God that I didn't buy it. PLAY was a GREAT cd, every song was great and different. Well, with 18, every song is different, but fucking HORRIBLE! I bet that there's ONE good song on that cd. That's what they should call the cd "One to 17" 1 being the only good song and 17 being all the shitty ones. The songs sound like fucking lullabies for fuck's sake! At least it's original. But it's shit and a half. I could probably get more pleasue out of watching a shitty, good-for-nothing, offensive, close-minded, imature, stupid Eminem music video. But I probably wouldn't half as hard as this shitty cd. Collapse
  4. FeiteF.
    May 15, 2002
    This album is really boring. '18' is just copy and paste fom 'Play'. Moby, you are more creative than this!

1. The lead single, the excellent, Bowie-ish wibbler 'We Are All Made Of Stars' is a total red herring. The other 67 minutes and 17 tracks are 'Play' Redux; familiar-sounding "oh-lord-my-dog's-just-died" samples over shopworn pianos and strings, straining to be epic but lacking the crucial element of surprise that made 'Play' sound so innovative.
  2. Another cool chill-out album.
  3. Q Magazine
    A more coherent album [than Play], it enchances rather than advances his previous approach, proving superior to its predecessor because its music is more sensitive, its emotions more personal, and what's on offer is a closer, more inviting experience. [May 2002, p.105]