19 - Adele
  • Release Date: Jun 10, 2008
7.5

Review this album

1. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a very commendable debut from a 19 years old girl. Though it opens with songs that are a bit boring ("Daydreamer" and "Best for Last"), it picks up well from "Chasing Pavements", "Cold Shoulder", to my two favorites: "My Same" and "Hometown Glory". Adele is very talented and her next efforts should offer more than this. She's the new queen of pop music.
  2. Nov 28, 2013
    One of my favorite artists of all time soulful, genuine, moving, passionate, real, wonderful, emotional i love you Adele and God bless your baby and family!
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    Adele is a true powerhouse vocal that cannot be judged for not having the bad girl karma, since there are several other figures who stood out having the zen quality, but can surely be judged for pushing a monochromatic (and sometimes even boring) album, which comes together as melodrama over the classic unsuccessful romance.
  4. Aug 2, 2011
    No more than her second album, "19" introduces to us, the soulful Adele voice, though it doesn't sound so much "soul" in the record. "Chasing Pavements", "Melt My Heart To Stone" and "Hometown Glory" are really the highlights of "19", with great lyrics and contagious pop rhythms. Lyrics are not so well creative in the rest of the songs and sometimes, they tend to be repetitive and too simple, though Adele's voice amazingly keeps you listening the entire album track by track. Expand
  5. Oct 1, 2012
    Her next album, "21", is way better than this one. But it does have really solid songs and her vocals in this album is spectacular. A very good album overall..........
  6. May 14, 2012
    In my humble opinion, one of the most addicting albums I've ever heard. I wont bore you with mundane details, but its just flat out easy listening at its finest. It's bursting with personality. My only minor complaint is that track 7 "First Love" is underwhelming and feels a little out of place, but its still a solid song. Give this album a listen!
  7. Jul 23, 2011
    A strong start for this talented musician. Although a lot of her lyrics are somewhat simplistic and tread the same ground (love lost and found), her voice is a real treat to listen to, regardless.
  8. May 28, 2011
    19 is a complete album. Catchy some times (Best For last, Chasing Pavements...), sad (First Love, Daydreamer...) It's a must for any jazz, blues, pop lovers. And what a voice!
  9. May 24, 2011
    Compared to '21', this album lacks many nice songs and songs to keep people wanting to continue listening to the album in its whole entirety. ''Chasing Pavements'' is the main highlight to the album.
  10. Jan 20, 2012
    Adele's voice is something to behold, but the majority of the songs on '19' take major turns in the wrong direction and end up sounding like a whiny, annoying teenager making nonsensical claims about her love life. However, there are still times where she can be a good songwriter, both 'Chasing Pavements' and 'Hometown Glory' are exceptional tunes, but the rest of '19' is dull and uncomfortable.
  11. Mar 31, 2014
    Adele has a million-dollar voice, but her music is not on par.
    She is highly overrated, but at least she is talented.
    Favorite Tracks: Rumour Has It, Rolling In the Deep, Don't You Remember
    Least Favorite Tracks: Someone Like You, One and Only
  12. May 30, 2014
    "19" introduced us to the amazing singer-songwriter Adele. With songs that are just emotionally satisfying as they are catchy; it just shows that this woman is here to stay.
  13. Nov 14, 2012
    The first album of Adele prove her fascinating talent , even she is so young, she makes a kind of music that is not so "actual and commercial", her music can transfer you to a old years. Her voice is superb, so deep and moreover she has a style so sophisticated. I love her.
  14. Nov 26, 2011
    I first heard the song on this album is Chasing Pavenments and Hometown Glory. Then listen "Daydreamer, Now and Then, and Cold Shoulder". I love it. Then I listened to the song "Right as Rain" kind of music in this song sounds like "Amy Winehouse. Overall this album 19, Adele gave a very brilliant musicality. She has a beautiful soulful voice.
    Adele is also a great songwriter. "19" is one
    that must be listened to albums of all time ...... Expand

1. A beyond stellar debut in both quality and originality.
  2. As is to be expected given Adele's tender years, thematically things are a bit monochrome.... All this, however, is forgiven with a listen to the highlights, such as the sweet acoustic guitar-led 'Daydreamer.'
  3. The co-writes--not as many as you might’ve expected--generally boom from the speakers. The self-penned efforts are bare-boned, erratically excellent but frustratingly blighted by Adele’s penchant for going beyond her capabilities as a vocalist.