21 - Adele
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
7.6

Review this album

1. Mar 4, 2011
    This is the best album of this year so far. All of the songs here are well-written and full of emotion that the audience can easily relate themselves to. With an instant classic and Grammy-nominated potential album like 21, I really cannot believe why it got only 76 points. All the mixed reviews are full of hatred and maybe the people who wrote those reviews need to check their definitionThis is the best album of this year so far. All of the songs here are well-written and full of emotion that the audience can easily relate themselves to. With an instant classic and Grammy-nominated potential album like 21, I really cannot believe why it got only 76 points. All the mixed reviews are full of hatred and maybe the people who wrote those reviews need to check their definition of what is called " true music " ! Expand
  2. May 30, 2011
    an album full of soul that doesn't rely on hype to be successful. Adele has shown everyone that all you actually need is a voice and a good song filled with emotion and class. one of the best albums of the year and the best voice right now and i'm so glad she received this amount of success.
  3. Jul 5, 2011
    I'll sum up my review with the word "heartbreak", for various reasons. When one decides to give "21" a listen, they'll find that most of the songs evolve around the theme of heartbreak. The lyrics are dep, insightful, and poetic, without ever lapsing into pretension. Adele's voice (already known for it's flawlessness) is in top form here, as she moves from soft emotion to belted power withI'll sum up my review with the word "heartbreak", for various reasons. When one decides to give "21" a listen, they'll find that most of the songs evolve around the theme of heartbreak. The lyrics are dep, insightful, and poetic, without ever lapsing into pretension. Adele's voice (already known for it's flawlessness) is in top form here, as she moves from soft emotion to belted power with perfection. She sings with soul and blues that come from a past age while remaining entirely relevant. The result is heartbreaking for the listener, as that pitch-perfect voice helps dig out emotions that you may not usually feel. Finally, the album's major flaw also deals with heartbreak: there's too much of it. While the album is brilliant, it does become repetitive, with almost every song being a depressed, emotional cry for love. However, this is a minor flaw that can be overlooked. "21" is brilliant. Expand
  4. Feb 24, 2011
    OK first off.. Amy and Duffy?? wth are you smoking..
    This woman is in a class of her own and a truly rare talent.
    I preordered her latest release and im blown away...It will leave you captivated and wanting more.
  5. Apr 28, 2011
    The thing about pop music is that it has roots in any genre, and of course, some might appeal for marketing, leaving it all too over-flooded by scheme productions, and some might leave their influential essences on it. In that case, Adele fits perfectly as some bluesy and soul influenced who got a way to make it sound radio friendly and melodically fitting for popular taste. That's whatThe thing about pop music is that it has roots in any genre, and of course, some might appeal for marketing, leaving it all too over-flooded by scheme productions, and some might leave their influential essences on it. In that case, Adele fits perfectly as some bluesy and soul influenced who got a way to make it sound radio friendly and melodically fitting for popular taste. That's what pop's all about, to captivate people with its own, though, commercial style. Well, â Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2011
    Compared to 19, this albumâ
  7. Feb 3, 2012
    Adele is such a good artist. Beautiful voice and music and she's the 2nd best singer (The Weeknd is the first). I bought this album for my mom and she loved it i checked it out it was one of the best albums of 2011
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    The albums sound a tad bit repeatitive, but listen to the lyrics and the vocal perfomance and you help to appreciate the album, my standout tracks are Someone Like You, Rolling IN The Deep, Rumor Has It, Turning Table, and the impressive vocal performance of Dont You Remember.
  9. Apr 9, 2011
    Just after listening to it once, I became addicted to the album. Definitely one of my all-time favourites. Songs like 'Rolling in the Deep', 'Someone Like You' and 'Set Fire to the Rain' are main highlights of this album.
  10. Mar 1, 2011
    This album is amazing! She has completely grew up and i am proud of her. The songs "Someone Like You" and "Turning Tabels" for example, shows how talent she is. To me, this album is 10 out of 10.
  11. Mar 13, 2011
    Adele has a talent that people wish they had. You can't help but fall in love with this album after you listen to it once. Adele is a true artist and you will not be disappointed purchasing 21.
  12. May 28, 2011
    You will worship this album... in fact, you already are but you don't know. Like a critic said, after listening a few times to the album, you'll feel like you always knew them. This is quite true. If you loved 19, 21 will make you forget it quite fast.
  13. May 25, 2011
    I loved the un-pretentiousness and softness of the album. Love it! Adele has a unique voice, but in a few songs she reminds me on P!nk - and that's not a bad thing!
  14. Aug 14, 2011
    Adele never lets you down. You know, Adele gives you the "clean, high quality, polished" music feeling when you listen. Some songs are ear-worms, some are classics that won't be forgotten. And in this era full of bubbly-pop, Adele is like a refreshment.
  15. Nov 14, 2011
    Beautiful voice; powerful and meaningful. All the songs are very heart-warming and touching. However, I found the songs rather repetitive. Other than that, it is a perfect album. The song that stood out to me the most was 'Someone Like You' - such a heart-breaking song. A simple piano accompaniment was a fantastic decision to show off Adele's gorgeous vocals. Great job, keep it up!
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    The 'IT' girl of the year is an unlikely pop princess. Bolstered more by her talents than her looks and 'gimmicks', Adele brings in memories of pop powerhouse 'Dione Warwick', and soulful singer 'Aretha Franklin'. She is essentially the anti-'Lady Gaga'. 21 cemented her place as one of the best singer in the business right now, with some of the best vocal performance in recent memory. OneThe 'IT' girl of the year is an unlikely pop princess. Bolstered more by her talents than her looks and 'gimmicks', Adele brings in memories of pop powerhouse 'Dione Warwick', and soulful singer 'Aretha Franklin'. She is essentially the anti-'Lady Gaga'. 21 cemented her place as one of the best singer in the business right now, with some of the best vocal performance in recent memory. One of the year's best album. Expand
  17. Nov 27, 2011
    It's amazing. It's as simple as that. Her voice is so soulful and beautiful, it cannot NOT touch you in some way. The orchestration and the piano suit her perfectly.
    Both her albums are absolute must-buys.
  18. Dec 15, 2012
    21 is absolutely stunning, for me is one of the best albums of all times. Adele has a magnificent vintage voice and her songs are simply amazing. Love songs like Don't You Remember, Someone Like You, Hiding My Heart and One And Only show the incredible capacity of Adele to do lyrics about love, the most beautiful but painful thing in the world. All the songs are brilliantly produced. I was21 is absolutely stunning, for me is one of the best albums of all times. Adele has a magnificent vintage voice and her songs are simply amazing. Love songs like Don't You Remember, Someone Like You, Hiding My Heart and One And Only show the incredible capacity of Adele to do lyrics about love, the most beautiful but painful thing in the world. All the songs are brilliantly produced. I was waiting for a album like for a long time. Adele is in my opinion, one of the best artists ever in the music history. Expand
  19. Jul 18, 2012
    Absolutely stunning. Though I think there's so much "heartbreaking" topics in the album, Adele's powerful voice really makes the day! The most particular thing is the incredible Adele's capacity to go through different types of styles, as we can see in "Set Fire to the Rain" and "Don't you remember". So far, one of the most incredible albums ever in the 21 st century! (Album's name says it: "21")
  20. Apr 18, 2011
    Adele's previous album â
  21. Oct 1, 2012
    I don't understand why some people are giving a low score to this amazing album. The vocals of Adele are absolutely spectacular and the songs in the album are great. An incredibly fantastic album from Adele........
  22. Jun 29, 2011
    Lady Gaga promised us the album of the decade. Unfortunately, she fell a little short, because Adele already had it. The album isn't perfect. It could use a little diversity, but all in all, our twenty-one year-old heroine is well on her way to becoming the next soul queen, up there with Norah Jones, Aretha Franklin, and Amy Winehouse.
  23. Aug 3, 2011
    There's a reason this album has been so popular this year. Lead off single Rolling In the Deep and Set Fire to the Rain show off the raw power of her voice, infusing elements of rock and blues. Meanwhile, songs like Someone Like You showcase her emotional vulnerability (she actually sounds like she's crying). Though those three are the best songs, the other songs are mostly good, too. TheThere's a reason this album has been so popular this year. Lead off single Rolling In the Deep and Set Fire to the Rain show off the raw power of her voice, infusing elements of rock and blues. Meanwhile, songs like Someone Like You showcase her emotional vulnerability (she actually sounds like she's crying). Though those three are the best songs, the other songs are mostly good, too. The middle of the album drags a little bit, since it is very ballad-heavy, but overall very good, and a big improvement over 19. Expand
  24. Dec 12, 2011
    One of the best albums of 2011, Great audio quality,mixing & production. I'm a metalhead and audio engineer, this is not really my style of music but it's still a great album with a great production. Haters gonna h8.
  25. Nov 23, 2011
    I "LOVE" this album........
    I think this is the best album i had ever listened to!
    Adele such an inspiration and a great singer as well. Everything about Adele is just wonderful . She really has the talent. Well done Adele ! 21 fabulous album forever â
  26. Dec 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album has surprised me very positively for the take Adele has on its major themes. Vocally and lyrically, it is a great album as well. Her voice in "Don't You Remember" and "Someone Like You" makes 21 worth listening already. "Rumor Has It" and "Lovesong" are very interesting tracks in terms of experimentation, I'd say. They are responsible for giving the album its most important moments of breathing in a sea of pop/soul-oriented songs. The lyrics are strong at most and very touching in some tracks, especially in "Set Fire to the Rain", "Take It All", and "Rolling in the Deep". Despite being a 100% reflection of a bad relationship, Adele's different approaches to singing her lack of luck in love make this album something one should not ignore. It may sound over the top saying that, but this album sounds as the savior of pop song in 2011, a year with major acts relying too much on how to do whatever on the dance floor, instead of thinking about anything else - not to mention all the auto tune "divas" we were exposed to throughout the year. Expand
  27. Jan 15, 2012
    Without a doubt 21 is a masterpiece. The flowing integrity of the album is simply astounding, starts with the singers breakup, progresses to loneliness, and eventually accepts everything. Rarely does an artist spill their heart onto an album, and make it pleasurable for the listener, it includes up-beat meaningful tunes that pull on emotional cords, all combined with a magical voice.
  28. Feb 5, 2012
    It may be a little overrated but Adele and her team did an excellent job with this album. I'd rather hear this playing on the radio than those generic pop songs with lots of autotune and no lyrical content AT ALL. Very well developed though the topic on its lyrics may be a little repetitive, but it's understandable since writing music is what helped her get over her break-up. Very deep andIt may be a little overrated but Adele and her team did an excellent job with this album. I'd rather hear this playing on the radio than those generic pop songs with lots of autotune and no lyrical content AT ALL. Very well developed though the topic on its lyrics may be a little repetitive, but it's understandable since writing music is what helped her get over her break-up. Very deep and emotional. It definitely deserves the awards it has been nominated for. Expand
  29. Mar 31, 2012
    What a great album.Adele puts her heart and soul into this album.Great songs from Rolling in the Deep to Rumour Has It this is something to hear.21 is a album that you will love.Adele is a amazing singer.This is something you will enjoy and worth your money.

1. Jun 14, 2011
    Hearing a voice that grows scratchy and threatens to break and has not been tampered with, has not been slicked over in a studio, a voice that reveals all that can be found within a person and also seems to hold something back, to suggest another truth just behind the veil.
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    The Brit School girl undergoes a successful soul-pop makeover. [Feb. 2011, p. 108]
    On her sophomore album, 21, Adele channels real emotion and blasts through sincere ballads and angry rockers with few missteps.