808s & Heartbreak

8.1

Review this album

1. NateP.
    Nov 26, 2008
    The first half of the album is quite nice, especially "Welcome to Heartbreak." The rest of the album, however, fades into a string of songs that are extremely bland, whiny, and just not amusing.
  2. BenBacon
    Dec 1, 2008
    I hate 50 Cent. Let me "say it twice" (thanks, Sway Dasafo): I hate 50 Cent. But 'twas Curtis who summed it up best, "It sounds like T-Pain's album. I would rather buy T-Pain's album from T-Pain." I am well on my way to an ulcer from T-Pain's incestuous use of the auto-tune function. And now Kanye's a biter (even though he claims to have created it on his first I hate 50 Cent. Let me "say it twice" (thanks, Sway Dasafo): I hate 50 Cent. But 'twas Curtis who summed it up best, "It sounds like T-Pain's album. I would rather buy T-Pain's album from T-Pain." I am well on my way to an ulcer from T-Pain's incestuous use of the auto-tune function. And now Kanye's a biter (even though he claims to have created it on his first commercial drop)? Blerg! Now, I must quote the brilliant Tina Fey, for only her words will suffice: WHAT the WHAT?! Expand
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    Inconsistent album. There are a lot of unnecessary autotune and vocoder. Yeah, that was the Kanye's idea to write the songs, but sometimes the autotune hits your ears and that's horrible. The album has a good part around the middle(Amazing, Love Lockdown, Paranoid, RoboCop) but it has terrible songs later like Bad News or See You In My Nightmares. Not good at all.
  4. Aug 26, 2015
    It's a good album and would be way better if he sang this **** without auto-tune and also changed the theme a bit, and for the folks that called Kayne a "classic artist", **** please, he's just a singer...
  5. Apr 28, 2015
    Strange, but not bad, 8o8s & Heartbreak his Kanye's weakest effort to date by relying way too much on auto-tune and commercial club pop songs and not enough on his hip-hop genius.

1. Kanye West’s fourth album 808s and Heartbreak follows the crowd rather than leads it. Where he steps, the footprints of T-Pain are readily visible. His use of auto-tune throughout the album is heavy, and in songs like Heartless and Love Lockdown its use is appealing.
  2. The resounding verdict is that it’s a surprising, but bold and brave progression from last year’s confused "Graduation."
  3. It might seem harsh but let's hope he doesn't find too much happiness in the meantime. Loneliness is proving quite the muse.