Abnormally Attracted To Sin

8.0

Review this album

1. GuyM
    Aug 5, 2009
    Considering the fact that I've been a fan of Tori's for almost 2 decades now, since Y Kant Tori Read, I would say that I consider myself a Toriphile. With that being said, I can't believe how unbelievably bored I was while listening to this album, I just couldn't get into it at all... I've been trying to figure it out, but it's just so commercially different Considering the fact that I've been a fan of Tori's for almost 2 decades now, since Y Kant Tori Read, I would say that I consider myself a Toriphile. With that being said, I can't believe how unbelievably bored I was while listening to this album, I just couldn't get into it at all... I've been trying to figure it out, but it's just so commercially different than anything she's ever done. What's surprising is that she produced this album herself and unfortunately both she and Bö have been completely lost in most of the tracks of this particular album. Very disappointed. Expand
  2. SisterJanet1219
    Jul 23, 2009
    I have been a Toriphile for so long now, I can't even count the years. With that said it pains me so greatly to see her come to this. "Abnormally Attracted to Sin" is, by far, one of the worst pieces of work she has come out with. I never thought I would dislike her work as much as I do on this record. I much prefer "Y Kant Tori Read" to this, at least that album was honest and, I have been a Toriphile for so long now, I can't even count the years. With that said it pains me so greatly to see her come to this. "Abnormally Attracted to Sin" is, by far, one of the worst pieces of work she has come out with. I never thought I would dislike her work as much as I do on this record. I much prefer "Y Kant Tori Read" to this, at least that album was honest and, shockingly, not as over-produced as this one. I have always loved how she continuously evolves from record to record but with "Abnormally" I feel that she has just thrown together 20 years worth of worthless "B" sides and called it a night. I love you Tori, but even you can't be as proud of this as you were of your work of old. Collapse

1. Occasionally vague, sometimes incohesive and a little self-indulgent it may be, but ultimately Abnormally Attracted to Sin is an abnormally attractive piece of work, and another fine example of the shining talent that is Tori Amos.
  2. Sometimes her brains get a little too big for her Bible. But when she's banging on her piano over layers of lush electronics, she's got the rapture part down.
  3. Abnormally Attracted To Sin turns out to be a collection of tracks that simply doesn't work as a whole because it can't properly be listened to in one go. Pity, for somewhere in amongst it all Tori proves that she's still capable of producing a storming album.