8.1

Review this album

1. Oct 10, 2011
    I have been listening to Tori Amos for almost 20 years now. I have experienced her evolution over time. Like anybody, we go through transitions. Abnormally Attracted to Sin is by far my favorite transformation she has shared with her audience. AAtS is not instant gratification, you must research it's origins and listen for musical signals in each Sin based song. It's a beautiful collection of electric gothic inspired tunes surely that will stand the test of time. Once you get it, you won't let go. Start with the title track, examine the subtext, concentrate on the layers of sounds, from there work your way out..... There's a key hole on the back of the cd for a reason. Mmm Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2014
    I find this album slightly tedious. It's better than Beekeeper, A LITTLE, maybe.... but some of these songs are just embarrassing. Not even cute. What is going on with her sometimes? lol Flavor, Curtain Call, and Fast Horse are brilliant songs. There are always at least a handful with Amos. This is only her second mediocre record.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    It is difficult to digest and understand the songs. The first time I heard it I said "Tori is no longer the same", however was enough play 20 times and you're done! I want to hear live. That is how feature "500 miles", "Fast horse" and "Starling" (which reminds a lot the album "From the choirgirl hotel").
  4. Apr 6, 2013
    An excellent Tori Amos album, as always. "Maybe California", "Welcome to England" and the title track are my personal favourites, with the first one being, in my opinion, one of her best ballads ever. Also, "Lady in Blue" is a terrific closer. As for the large number of tracks, I would, too, be happier if she moved some of them to B-sides or the Deluxe Edition, for example "Police Me", "Strong Black Vine", "Not Dying Today" and "500 Miles". I don't consider them bad, they are just most likely to be skipped over. Expand

1. Occasionally vague, sometimes incohesive and a little self-indulgent it may be, but ultimately Abnormally Attracted to Sin is an abnormally attractive piece of work, and another fine example of the shining talent that is Tori Amos.
  2. Sometimes her brains get a little too big for her Bible. But when she's banging on her piano over layers of lush electronics, she's got the rapture part down.
  3. Abnormally Attracted To Sin turns out to be a collection of tracks that simply doesn't work as a whole because it can't properly be listened to in one go. Pity, for somewhere in amongst it all Tori proves that she's still capable of producing a storming album.