Alive 2007 - Daft Punk
9.5

Review this album

1. Feb 8, 2014
    I haven't scored many albums a 10 out of 10 yet until now. It's one of the most essential music collections in electronic dance music (EDM if you will) and one of the most visually stunning, conceptually inspiring and innovative live events in music altogether. It'd be equivalent to committing a sin to not recognize Alive 2007 as a masterpiece. It's biggest achievement and treasure -- aside from actually making their 2005 "dud" Human After All feel at home in our hearts after all -- has to be the remixes of "Around the World / Harder Better Faster Stronger", which has alone inspired the careers of electronic musicians such as deadmau5 (not solely, but a prime majority of it). Although not technically "perfect" by any means, all music has minor flaws -- so do humans and even robots. Perfect scores should be awarded to dedicated pieces of music, concerts, or in this case, altogether, and Alive 2007 is just that. It's not an exaggeration when calling it essential to EDM. Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    A perfectly executed mash-up of all of the best songs we know and love from the most iconic electronic duo, Daft Punk. This is probably the best live album ever.
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    flawless live album, everything that is good about daft punk rolled into an incredible hour+. great listening experience you wont soon forget. The track lead-ins are fantastic, and the French duo manages to make material from their alright album 'human after all' seem fresh and energetic.
  4. May 18, 2012
    Oh Yeah! It was too long since their 1997 daftendirktour, but they've been alive around the world one more time! What a dicovery this album was to me, it just washed my brain. My teachers tell me the most fresh musique is rock n roll, but the rock from these robots is harder, better, faster and stronger than any other artist!
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Alive 2007 can be best described as a remastering and a re-invigoration of Daft Punk's earlier works. This doesn't make it bad however. This live project remixes the weak points from Human After All with Daft Punk's earlier works seamlessly.

The result is an amazing performance that ranks as one of the most exciting I have ever heard.

This performance truly is a treat to listen to, I
    highly recommend it. Expand
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    This really makes me wish I could hear them live. It is a incredible experience to feel the great live rhythm of their songs. It impresses me how Daft Punk can make such a work. Flawless.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    Obviously anyone that disagrees with Daft Punk hasn't lived long or should
  8. Jul 27, 2013
    This album remains my most played album ever, with over 3000 plays. Each and every track clearly shows the amount of precision, effort, and confidence put in by Daft Punk and the result is surreal.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing. I can't believe they realized such a perfect mix of all their most fantastic songs, and all seems perfectly natural and spontaneous. Just listen to "Da Funk/ Daftendirekt" mix to understand. Greatest album made by them of course. Over and over better.

1. Nothing can quite match the in-person thrills of the current Daft Punk live experience, what with the robot costumes, onstage pyramid and body-rattling beats radiating out into the blissed-out faithful. But Alive 2007 comes pretty darn close.
  2. The results were massive--the myriad "best show ever" kudos deserved.
  3. This is the first-rate live album that Electric Light Orchestra should have made but never did.