7.7

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2011
    Only track I really liked was Psychosocial. While there maybe a few likeable songs on the album, It simply isnt that good. Really disapointing if you ask me.
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Useless album, band members and sold out band. They don't make metal. It's garbage-like. Everyone listens to them without even knowing what do they listen to.
  3. Apr 11, 2014
    I introduced myself to Slipknot through curiosity, and I hated the song Psychosocial at first. But after listening to that song, along with Sulfur and Snuff excessively, I grew to like all of them. So I decided to listen to the whole album that those songs are on. 57 minutes of my life that I'd gladly like back.
    What Slipknot basically does with almost every song here is they combine
    Corey Taylor's harsh sing-talk vocals (with occasional clean vocals) with trashy metal riffs. They do this excessively, and with songs like Gehenna reaching close to the 7 minute mark, it gets awfully repetitive.
    The one exception to this, however, is Snuff. Snuff is a beautiful song and is my personal favorite.
    Slipknot has a lot of longtime fans, but I am choosing to not be a new fan. Standout tracks are Sulfur, Psychosocial, Dead Memories, and Snuff. Don't waste your time with the rest of the album unless you're a true Slipknot fan unlike me.
  4. Feb 18, 2014
    Disappointing. Conventional. Friendly melodies. Almost nothing original. It was the best billboard album, but the worst artistic one. It was released for good sells. I wouldn't recommend listening to that juvenile album.

1. All Hope Is Gone as a whole winds up being as bleak and unforgiving as its title.
  2. The set is at once Slipknot's most ambitious and accessible outing to date, with a broad palette of sounds and textures that shift faster than Michael Phelps off the starting block.
  3. Happily, Slipknot can pull in these directions and still maintain a new standard of bone-crunching intensity . There are louder metal bands in the world, for sure, but the Iowan nine-piece continue to make the most noise.