7.7

Review this album

1. Aug 18, 2010
    This album is good, but not one of their best. Unlike their other albums, when you like all of the songs except one.. In this album you will probably like 3 or 4 songs. In other words, this album is good....but not great.
  2. Xx5h34xX
    Oct 14, 2008
    whoever rates any slipknot above an 8/10, really needs to "expand". Especially vol3, and all hope is gone posers. The only albums i think are ok iz the first three;slipknot,mfkr,and iowa. But man guyz, stop thinking this shit "is brutal and badass" cuz its not. And for the others who play guitar hero and think slipknot is cool cause of that on stupid song needs to expand. Listen to whoever rates any slipknot above an 8/10, really needs to "expand". Especially vol3, and all hope is gone posers. The only albums i think are ok iz the first three;slipknot,mfkr,and iowa. But man guyz, stop thinking this shit "is brutal and badass" cuz its not. And for the others who play guitar hero and think slipknot is cool cause of that on stupid song needs to expand. Listen to heretic anthem or sometin. And for everybody who needs to "expand" try these bands/albums, Some are thrash metal and some are death metal, Anthrax - Fistful Of Metal Children Of Bodom Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia Hammerfall Iced Earth Blind Guardian Hatebreed Malice - License To Kill Loudness Mercyful Fate - In The Shadows Nightwish Nevermore Opeth - Deliverance Sepultura Sonata Arctica Suffokate VADER - Impressions In Blood Shoots den braddah's! Aloha from Hawaii. Expand
  3. RyanB
    Jul 25, 2009
    Slipknot definitely have some good songs on this album, but in my opinion, Vol. 3 was more intricate and more interesting. The soft tracks on the album sound like they belong with Stone Sour, while the heavier songs are no departure from Slipknot, which, while good in some ways, leaves a lot to be desired.
  4. TomP
    Sep 28, 2008
    LMFAO! Orelha's comment was the funniest review I've seen in awhile. And props to Joe. That just made my day. I haven't even listened to this album so...A review?...well, it's Slipknot, what's left to expect?
  5. CPD
    Feb 12, 2011
    Rather uninspired when compared to their early work. Although decent on its own, this album will find its greatest demise in being compared to its predecessors.
  6. JoelG.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Fast but no-key solos, forgettable songs... These guys are supposed to be more than just another metal band but this cd makes me question.
  7. JoeBlow
    Sep 2, 2008
    This post is mostly targeting the first comment by someone named Orelha, dude, dudette, whatever you are, LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE PRINTING A REVIEW. Nobody knows what the hell you're talking about and you sound like an idiot. Yes I agree, it's not Slipknot's defining work (not by a long shot), but at least make a case for yourself by not sounding like you just stepped off a This post is mostly targeting the first comment by someone named Orelha, dude, dudette, whatever you are, LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE PRINTING A REVIEW. Nobody knows what the hell you're talking about and you sound like an idiot. Yes I agree, it's not Slipknot's defining work (not by a long shot), but at least make a case for yourself by not sounding like you just stepped off a banana boat! Expand
  8. billD
    Nov 28, 2008
    Its almost okay as a cd. this and vol 3 are the poser cds of this band and they suck kinda. the songs were taken mainstream by guitar hero and straight up posers.
  9. FilipL.
    Oct 23, 2008
    All we already knew that new album would't be so energetic like selftitled and iowa.. simply they've been into mainstream many years from now, so they act like that. sad but true.
  10. Oct 24, 2014
    A huge difference from their last album and I think for a band that has been around for such a long time that it's a good/bad thing. Some of the tracks did sound rather similar but they did have the benefit of having some good stand out tracks like Psychosocial and All Hope Is Gone. Overall, Not that bad.
  11. Apr 11, 2014
    I introduced myself to Slipknot through curiosity, and I hated the song Psychosocial at first. But after listening to that song, along with Sulfur and Snuff excessively, I grew to like all of them. So I decided to listen to the whole album that those songs are on. 57 minutes of my life that I'd gladly like back.
    What Slipknot basically does with almost every song here is they combine
    What Slipknot basically does with almost every song here is they combine Corey Taylor's harsh sing-talk vocals (with occasional clean vocals) with trashy metal riffs. They do this excessively, and with songs like Gehenna reaching close to the 7 minute mark, it gets awfully repetitive.
    The one exception to this, however, is Snuff. Snuff is a beautiful song and is my personal favorite.
    Slipknot has a lot of longtime fans, but I am choosing to not be a new fan. Standout tracks are Sulfur, Psychosocial, Dead Memories, and Snuff. Don't waste your time with the rest of the album unless you're a true Slipknot fan unlike me.
  12. Feb 18, 2014
    Disappointing. Conventional. Friendly melodies. Almost nothing original. It was the best billboard album, but the worst artistic one. It was released for good sells. I wouldn't recommend listening to that juvenile album.
  13. Oct 27, 2014
    Their worst album to DATE!!! the only good songs on here are Psychosocial and Sulfur the rest are watered down with acoustic guitars or they just are not as good as the others.

1. All Hope Is Gone as a whole winds up being as bleak and unforgiving as its title.
  2. The set is at once Slipknot's most ambitious and accessible outing to date, with a broad palette of sounds and textures that shift faster than Michael Phelps off the starting block.
  3. Happily, Slipknot can pull in these directions and still maintain a new standard of bone-crunching intensity . There are louder metal bands in the world, for sure, but the Iowan nine-piece continue to make the most noise.