7.7

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2011
    Only track I really liked was Psychosocial. While there maybe a few likeable songs on the album, It simply isnt that good. Really disapointing if you ask me.
  2. Aug 18, 2010
    I love every single Slipknot album but this one is my favorite. There are many different styles on this album; ranging from erie melody to explosive thrash. The thing that unifies all of the songs is that they are all equally heavy. You can't go wrong here.
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    This album is good, but not one of their best. Unlike their other albums, when you like all of the songs except one.. In this album you will probably like 3 or 4 songs. In other words, this album is good....but not great.
  4. Dec 11, 2010
    Slipknot, at their finest. There's nothing to say here, but, AWESOME. One of my all-time favorite albums, easily my favorite Slipknot one, Just an incredible album.
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    A lot of fans were disappointed with this album calling it "there weakest yet" but I found it awesome with the heavy deep voice of Corey Taylor, backed by the sick musical talents of the rest, this has to be there most brutal sounding album yet, while some songs such as Snuff and Dead Memories are weaker, they are no less enjoyable, but I feel they would have been better for Corey's otherA lot of fans were disappointed with this album calling it "there weakest yet" but I found it awesome with the heavy deep voice of Corey Taylor, backed by the sick musical talents of the rest, this has to be there most brutal sounding album yet, while some songs such as Snuff and Dead Memories are weaker, they are no less enjoyable, but I feel they would have been better for Corey's other band Stone Sour, but if you like Slipknot or Metal in general this is an album you must pick up. Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2011
    Excellent. It´s the real combination of Iowa heaviness with the Vol.3:Subliminal Verses quality. Really Masterpiece. Listen to it to feel completely energized.
  7. Apr 7, 2011
    My 2nd favorite album along with they're other album Subliminal verses.
    This album was perfection ,corey taylor really brought out some great lyrics in the songs ,this is they're latest album.
    The lyrics corey makes are inspirational and always were with the other albums they created. I really like their drummer "Joey Jordison" he would be my altime favorite drummer along with Lars
    My 2nd favorite album along with they're other album Subliminal verses.
    I really like their drummer "Joey Jordison" he would be my altime favorite drummer along with Lars ulrich from Metallica.
  8. Jul 17, 2011
    What can I say? This album is what got me into Slipknot in the first place. I personally love it all the same as their other albums. This is good music all around.
  9. Nov 7, 2011
    This album is certainly more accessible than previous efforts, but I can't hold that against them as it actually works straight through the entire album. Where as their first 2 albums were excellent exercises in single dimension rage, All Hope Is Gone (as well as on Vol. 3) is the sound of a band working effectively to take it's roots and into new, multi-dimensional (commercial) territory.This album is certainly more accessible than previous efforts, but I can't hold that against them as it actually works straight through the entire album. Where as their first 2 albums were excellent exercises in single dimension rage, All Hope Is Gone (as well as on Vol. 3) is the sound of a band working effectively to take it's roots and into new, multi-dimensional (commercial) territory. I think they do it pretty well. A usual the musicianship is killer. Expand
  10. Jul 2, 2012
    SlipKnot are without much of a doubt, one of the most distinguished metal bands of all time. Their music are unique in their own rights, I purely posted on this album because it's my favourite one. SlipKnot (In general) are brilliant anyway, to any heavy-metal loving person.
  11. CPD
    Feb 12, 2011
    Rather uninspired when compared to their early work. Although decent on its own, this album will find its greatest demise in being compared to its predecessors.
  12. Sep 20, 2011
    Slipknot is a great heavy metal band and this is my favorite album from them. I like all the songs on here but my favorite is sulfur, which is actually my favorite song from them.
  13. Oct 24, 2014
    A huge difference from their last album and I think for a band that has been around for such a long time that it's a good/bad thing. Some of the tracks did sound rather similar but they did have the benefit of having some good stand out tracks like Psychosocial and All Hope Is Gone. Overall, Not that bad.
  14. Jun 30, 2012
    It is hard to better Volume 3, and this was proven by All Hope Is Gone. It in itself is a great album with punishing sounds from Psychosocial and melodic efforts emphasizing Taylor's vocal abilities such as Child of a Burning Time. Great album, but not quite as good as previous.
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    Useless album, band members and sold out band. They don't make metal. It's garbage-like. Everyone listens to them without even knowing what do they listen to.
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    This work has everything that characterizes slipknot:
    Hardness, melody, strong percussion, good lyrics, good DJ sound, etc.
    Definitely one of the best works of Slipknot and one of the best albums of 2008, is a complete disappointment that many do not hear this great work.
    This album definitely deserves a throne in the world of music of the decade 2000.
    They must listen before dying
  17. Apr 8, 2014
    The album is good but it did have that energy.My favourite is All hope is gone , gehenna and vendetta. But still, they can't beat the previous album: Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses.
  18. Apr 11, 2014
    I introduced myself to Slipknot through curiosity, and I hated the song Psychosocial at first. But after listening to that song, along with Sulfur and Snuff excessively, I grew to like all of them. So I decided to listen to the whole album that those songs are on. 57 minutes of my life that I'd gladly like back.
    What Slipknot basically does with almost every song here is they combine
    What Slipknot basically does with almost every song here is they combine Corey Taylor's harsh sing-talk vocals (with occasional clean vocals) with trashy metal riffs. They do this excessively, and with songs like Gehenna reaching close to the 7 minute mark, it gets awfully repetitive.
    The one exception to this, however, is Snuff. Snuff is a beautiful song and is my personal favorite.
    Slipknot has a lot of longtime fans, but I am choosing to not be a new fan. Standout tracks are Sulfur, Psychosocial, Dead Memories, and Snuff. Don't waste your time with the rest of the album unless you're a true Slipknot fan unlike me.
  19. Feb 18, 2014
    Disappointing. Conventional. Friendly melodies. Almost nothing original. It was the best billboard album, but the worst artistic one. It was released for good sells. I wouldn't recommend listening to that juvenile album.
  20. Oct 27, 2014
    Their worst album to DATE!!! the only good songs on here are Psychosocial and Sulfur the rest are watered down with acoustic guitars or they just are not as good as the others.

1. All Hope Is Gone as a whole winds up being as bleak and unforgiving as its title.
  2. The set is at once Slipknot's most ambitious and accessible outing to date, with a broad palette of sounds and textures that shift faster than Michael Phelps off the starting block.
  3. Happily, Slipknot can pull in these directions and still maintain a new standard of bone-crunching intensity . There are louder metal bands in the world, for sure, but the Iowan nine-piece continue to make the most noise.