• Record Label: Reprise
8.8

Review this album

1. DominicS
    Sep 30, 2004
    Don't get me wrong - it's a good, solid album. But there is no way that it lives up to the extensive hype it's being given. Especially given their political views - I just feel that this album is getting excess acclaim because it is _fashionable_ to be anti-imperialist these days. If you don't consider the political message, they just aren't making good music on Don't get me wrong - it's a good, solid album. But there is no way that it lives up to the extensive hype it's being given. Especially given their political views - I just feel that this album is getting excess acclaim because it is _fashionable_ to be anti-imperialist these days. If you don't consider the political message, they just aren't making good music on this album. Expand
  2. [Anonymous]]
    Jul 2, 2005
    Disappointing. Period.
  3. Somebody
    Dec 9, 2005
    Meh. Green Day redefines what is known as "generic punk-pop." I have been trying to hear a song on this CD with "mature lyrics," but all I manage to hear is Green Day.
  4. BangoSkank
    May 21, 2005
    I heard about this album from a lot of people so I decided to give it a go. Now ive never really been too much of a fan of greenday, but when i heard all the hype swarming this album I was excited. But...once again hype has let me down. The music in this album, claiming to be a "rock opera", is bland and repetitive. I have no idea how anyone could ever listen to this album more than I heard about this album from a lot of people so I decided to give it a go. Now ive never really been too much of a fan of greenday, but when i heard all the hype swarming this album I was excited. But...once again hype has let me down. The music in this album, claiming to be a "rock opera", is bland and repetitive. I have no idea how anyone could ever listen to this album more than twice, i got bored with the songs on the first go. Also I heard this album dealt with politics and other intriguing things, but again I was let down. This album has nothing to do with politics or anything important for that matter. It's just a bunch of nonsensical drivel piled together. The reason im giving this album a 5 and not a 0 is because although i was bored with the songs, some of the guitar is at least somewhat memorable but other than that this album has no substance. (Oh yeah, and anyone who says that Billy Joe, or whatever, is hot...hes in his 30s and the only reason he "looks" hot is because he uses a LOT of makeup) Expand
  5. DaveyB
    Sep 15, 2006
    Average at best. Greenday employ the oldest "reinvented" trick in the book and fool every freshman in the world. As a massive greenday fan since 2031/smoothed out/ slappy hours, I was bitterly dissapointed. Typical greenday, well have to wait 3 years for another album too. The promise of the title track squandered at the expense of selling a mythical rock opera!! One word to describe Average at best. Greenday employ the oldest "reinvented" trick in the book and fool every freshman in the world. As a massive greenday fan since 2031/smoothed out/ slappy hours, I was bitterly dissapointed. Typical greenday, well have to wait 3 years for another album too. The promise of the title track squandered at the expense of selling a mythical rock opera!! One word to describe it... Pants!! Expand
  6. alexa
    Jun 18, 2008
    Sub-sub-par Green Day at best. So much of it is forced and reachy, musically and lyrically. The well is tapped I'm sad sad sad to say; I'm the biggest GD fan there ever was...was.
  7. ChrisL
    Feb 13, 2005
    This lot are solely responsible for so many shit bands like Good Charlotte.This is such a pointless predictable mainstream album.Nobody should bother making or listening to retro shit like this anymore,guitar music is dead.There is nothing new under the sun.Thank God for electronica.
  8. MusicLover
    Oct 21, 2007
    This album was sort of just a plain rock album. Don't get me wrong: it had good songs on it. I loved how they had medleys like "Jesus Of Suburbia" & "Homecoming", but it didn't offer something totally new. It almost turned me off from Green Day, but I still love them.
  9. Mar 21, 2015
    I would say Dookie is their best album but this isn't bad. I would say Dookie is their best album but this isn't bad. I would say Dookie is their best album but this isn't bad.

1. It is exactly what the band needs to boost itself to the next level of pop-punk prowess.
  2. There's still plenty of spunk in to be found in this Sgt. Pepper-lite.
  3. Not only does it contain Green Day’s finest songs (and choruses) to date... but it also scratches at the surface of political dissatisfaction with nails sharp enough to leave a nasty scar.