• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Jan 5, 2010
5.4

Review this album

1. May 24, 2011
    No amount of autotune can turn Ke$ha from glittery train wreck into a bona fide Britney competitor cause lets face it - thats all Ke$has after. Take it off and V.I.P are the only great tracks.
  2. Apr 9, 2011
    It looks like Kesha and Justin Bieber are trying their hardest to to make mainstream music even worse than it is. This album is disgustingly awful, with terrible lyrics and oh so many stutters. She barely even sings; she just talks the lyrics.
  3. EnnisM
    Jan 14, 2010
    Abusive use of synthesizer to mask Kesha's inability to sing this kinda of music (whatever you call it, dance, pop...) has succeeded in fooling most of us (as people are finding it appealing). There is an emergence of electronic music nowadays, but that does not mean that the singer should not care about making use of his/her real voice; after all, singing remains vocal music Abusive use of synthesizer to mask Kesha's inability to sing this kinda of music (whatever you call it, dance, pop...) has succeeded in fooling most of us (as people are finding it appealing). There is an emergence of electronic music nowadays, but that does not mean that the singer should not care about making use of his/her real voice; after all, singing remains vocal music accompanied by musical arrangements (merely talking all through videogame sounds does not make a song). May be she can try and sing more naturally next time; wish you best Kesha if you read this. Expand
  4. RanelG
    Jan 14, 2010
    No talent, horrible voice, horrible lyrics, just flat out horrible. The only people who ever like her are preppy teenage girls, and trust me they have horrible taste in entertainment. Also, what were the critics thinking?! 63?! I was expecting this to be a 38 or something. Yet they rate down good bands like Seether, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Hinder, Three Days Grace, and yet rate No talent, horrible voice, horrible lyrics, just flat out horrible. The only people who ever like her are preppy teenage girls, and trust me they have horrible taste in entertainment. Also, what were the critics thinking?! 63?! I was expecting this to be a 38 or something. Yet they rate down good bands like Seether, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Hinder, Three Days Grace, and yet rate up this loser....please. Expand
  5. GrantP
    Jan 16, 2010
    It really is sad that there are people who enjoy this. It's not even music...it's a product of the music industry for a quick buck.
  6. TurlutteB
    Jan 18, 2010
    There are only a couple of good songs. There are too many filler songs here. Nothing exciting about this album.
  7. MarkC
    Jan 19, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Contains some of the worst music I have ever heard and contains some of the dumbest lyrics ever produced. Whoever gave this girl a record label seriously needs to be fired...this scum is stinking up the music world.
  8. JoelG.
    Jan 5, 2010
    This is ubber trash .. the sound and the gimmicky of kesha is just unflattering and her style and music underwhelms and leaves you wanting more.
  9. tym.
    Jan 6, 2010
    I'm a teenager and i even think this album sucks it sounds like all the other pop albums of the last decade. More people need to start listening to real music
  10. JonathanH
    Jan 7, 2010
    +1 for being a good looking girl. -10 for the lyric "And now the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger, but we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger." Easily the worst combination of words ever set to music.
  11. Jul 27, 2011
    Ke$sha has a hard time understanding her job. Music Artist are supposed to create and break boundaries. Not mock them. "Animal" may be praised for it's catchy tunes. But not all catchy music is good music. With little to no intelligence, "Animal" has to be one of the hardest to listen to albums I've ever heard. Where there are witty and asinine lyrics and abuse use of an Auto-Tune plugin,Ke$sha has a hard time understanding her job. Music Artist are supposed to create and break boundaries. Not mock them. "Animal" may be praised for it's catchy tunes. But not all catchy music is good music. With little to no intelligence, "Animal" has to be one of the hardest to listen to albums I've ever heard. Where there are witty and asinine lyrics and abuse use of an Auto-Tune plugin, you get a sound that is under worked, lazy, and overrated. Expand
  12. Mar 25, 2012
    Well............not good. I Like a lot "Take it Off", but not the other songs.... the sound is the same in all the songs... the kind of album with 2 hits and no substance, like LMFAO's "Sorry for party rocking" but better.
    ( sorry for my English )
  13. KirstenR.
    Jan 10, 2010
    Listened to this album with a completely open mind, and it was still absolutely horrible.
  14. randyy.
    Jan 10, 2010
    Another bad debut album. The lyrics are easily some of the most stupid ever. I'm a teenager and even i think this sounds terrible. Go listen to some real music.
  15. ChrisC
    Jan 10, 2010
    Lets dissect this album. Lyrics:0 Quality:0 Musical Talent:0 Oh and BTW, everyone look up The Party by Justice ft. Uffie. Then come back to me and ask why Justice doesn't sue the living god out of Kesha.
  16. Mike
    Jan 10, 2010
    Gutter-trash lyrics over Disney Channel beats... Who is this album even for? If "Ke$ha" is attempting to be a joke, it's working... her problem is that it's just not funny. Luckily, no one will know who she is 6 months from now.
  17. MarcyP.
    Jan 22, 2010
    Nothing fun about this album...just some girl who keeps drinking about alcohol. Boring.
  18. steve
    Jan 10, 2010
    Utter crap. The music biz is already way too diluted with garbage. This is worse than garbage. Let's hope she goes away for good. I saw her on Conan O'Brien. Stupid song, stupid lyrics and lame trashy manufactured MTV persona.
  19. GabrielS.
    Jan 8, 2010
    Horrible, just plain horrible. Lyrics, Beats, and the HEAVY use of Auto-tune is disturbing. But I don't know who is worse though, her or Soulja Boy?
  20. Jun 16, 2011
    It's perfect for when you want a pulsating migrane. If you respect yourself and love music, just avoid Kesha at all costs. I mean, for the love of God, if she keeps getting money for this "music" she'll never leave.
  21. StanJ
    Jan 12, 2010
    Absolutely horrible "music" that is more or less a copy of Uffie. How talking over beats with poor lyricism can be be considered music is anyone's guess. Rappers are much more clever than Ke$sha. Maybe the dollar sign in her name signifies how much it's worth?
  22. JackH.
    Jan 22, 2010
    If Lady Gaga were a character on Jersey Shore, she'd be Ke$ha. Absolute garbage.
  23. Sasha
    Jan 6, 2010
    utterly stupid. go listen to smashing pumpkins
  24. Erichk
    Jan 8, 2010
    Only fun to listen to when you're wasted and making fun of it.
  25. Dec 29, 2010
    I hate this album as much as the next guy but please quit crying about how much music has become a commodity because its really embarassing that I constantly see people going up to a tombstone entitled "real music" leaving flowers and crying. Ok i never really saw that but the way you people act, it might as well be. Calm down people sheesh, Its just music, not your life.
  26. Nov 21, 2010
    God-awful to say the least. Redundant, the inappropriate and ineffective usage of Auto-Tube and the slutty drunk party girl persona. Honestly, sometimes you can even differentiate songs from another and discern when a song ends. You can thank my roommate for this review. Buy: N/A

Download: N/A

Skip: Everything except "Take It Off" which deserves one listen but no download
  27. Dec 15, 2011
    A Glittery- Pop- Auto-tune Mess with awful hooks and childish lyrics. She brings absolutely nothing new to the Pop table and appeals primarily to pre-teenage girls who could care less about its terrible lyrics. Granted there is a decent song in there in "Animal" but the record as a whole is beyond awful.
  28. Sep 16, 2010
    Ke$ha is your stereotypical pop artist, one that can not sing. If you have ever heard her live, you will know what I mean. In one point in time, having SOME singing talent was a requirement to be a pop star. Today, all you need to be have is a party girl image and pretend to be drunk everywhere you go. This whole album is full of autotune. Every. Single. Song. Yes, it's catchy. Doesn'tKe$ha is your stereotypical pop artist, one that can not sing. If you have ever heard her live, you will know what I mean. In one point in time, having SOME singing talent was a requirement to be a pop star. Today, all you need to be have is a party girl image and pretend to be drunk everywhere you go. This whole album is full of autotune. Every. Single. Song. Yes, it's catchy. Doesn't mean it's worthy anything. Expand
  29. Feb 20, 2011
    Too much auto-tune and not enough actual talent. Oh and she can't spell. I refuse to call her Ke-sha, and always refer to her as "Ke-dollar-ha". It's how it's spelled...
  30. Oct 5, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Despite a couple of catchy beats, the lyrics are so vacuous and trite and the singer's voice so grating (dare I call her a singer? She talks her way through most of the album with the voice of a bratty 13 year old) that any redeeming qualities imparted by beat or production are negated. Ke$ha makes the likes of Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look likeAbsolutely awful. Despite a couple of catchy beats, the lyrics are so vacuous and trite and the singer's voice so grating (dare I call her a singer? She talks her way through most of the album with the voice of a bratty 13 year old) that any redeeming qualities imparted by beat or production are negated. Ke$ha makes the likes of Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look like refined ladies. If I were a singer, I'd be embarrassed to share a label with her. Just YUCK. Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2010
    This album is mostly filled with Auto-Tune, computerized beeps in the wrong places, and too many songs sounding the same. First of all, we have the actually decent: "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes", & "Animal". Then we have the average: "Tik Tok", "Stephen", "Hungover", "Party at a Rich Dude's House", & "Blind". Then, come the utterly laughable: "KissThis album is mostly filled with Auto-Tune, computerized beeps in the wrong places, and too many songs sounding the same. First of all, we have the actually decent: "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes", & "Animal". Then we have the average: "Tik Tok", "Stephen", "Hungover", "Party at a Rich Dude's House", & "Blind". Then, come the utterly laughable: "Kiss N' Tell", "Blah Blah Blah", "Backstabber", "Dinosaur", & "Boots & Boys". Collapse
  32. Nov 27, 2010
    It's funny how the Auto-tuned Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, earned so much money in the music industry. While musical talents like Bjork are trying to gather people's attention by using her original voice and avant-garde themed music, Ke$ha is just a girl who wants to get fame instantly without corcerning her music. Whoever says Ke$ha is good for making fun music is wrong. When you listen to theIt's funny how the Auto-tuned Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, earned so much money in the music industry. While musical talents like Bjork are trying to gather people's attention by using her original voice and avant-garde themed music, Ke$ha is just a girl who wants to get fame instantly without corcerning her music. Whoever says Ke$ha is good for making fun music is wrong. When you listen to the album, the first few things you will find hating in this album are the wasted lyrics and deafening Auto-tuned Ke$ha's voice. Ke$ha does not even use her own voice in the album. It's like a robot was making this album more than Ke$ha did. The lyrics are good only when you are in the club, starting fights or putting yourself in shame either you are totally drunk or high on drugs. I say Lady Gaga is a lousy artist. Yet, Ke$ha makes Lady Gaga similar to Kate Bush because she's so much worse than the bad Lady Gaga. It'll be a miracle to her if this album will be remembered as long as Diana Ross' album did. Expand
  33. Aug 15, 2012
    This is a great tornado of destruction. The auto-tune is the great emperor in the crisp voice of Ke$ha, creating an eerie echo and thundering. Tracks like "Tik Tok" and "Blah, Blah, Blah" are simply sharp arrows going at high speed directly to your eardrums. Just say, disappointing.
  34. May 31, 2011
    Ke$ha is what a lot of pop stars are these days -- spunky and obnoxious. Animal is nevertheless a generic, yet irresistibly catchy dance album that is adequately produced, but notoriously cheap. Its standout track is its lead single, "TiK ToK", which is -- again -- irresistibly catchy. However, a lot of its weakness draws from tracks such as "Backstabber", that are flooded in heavy amountsKe$ha is what a lot of pop stars are these days -- spunky and obnoxious. Animal is nevertheless a generic, yet irresistibly catchy dance album that is adequately produced, but notoriously cheap. Its standout track is its lead single, "TiK ToK", which is -- again -- irresistibly catchy. However, a lot of its weakness draws from tracks such as "Backstabber", that are flooded in heavy amounts of Auto-Tune and sound like they were recorded on GarageBand. Expand
  35. Nov 12, 2013
    ...............................................................The way she presents herself in this album and in public is trash. She is one of the worst Brittney Spears ripoffs.
  36. Sep 10, 2011
    Many say this album was "the best of 2010" or "the best way to begin the new decade". I beg to differ. Very few of these songs here are actually enjoyable. Actually, I can't think of one that I truly, solidly enjoyed. "Your Love Is My Drug", "TiK ToK", "Blah Blah Blah", and "Take It Off" are all stupid.
  37. Dec 11, 2011
    Talk about filler! There are only 6 good tracks, the 4 singles, her appearance on the Taio Cruz record dirty picture and 1 album track called kiss and tell. The other 10 songs sound exactly the same and even the youth of today would cringe at the lyrics and the production could of been done by children. The only reason why I give it a 4 is because 6 of the tracks are good. If I was you ITalk about filler! There are only 6 good tracks, the 4 singles, her appearance on the Taio Cruz record dirty picture and 1 album track called kiss and tell. The other 10 songs sound exactly the same and even the youth of today would cringe at the lyrics and the production could of been done by children. The only reason why I give it a 4 is because 6 of the tracks are good. If I was you I would just buy the 5 singles. Expand
  38. Dec 7, 2012
    If you are a fan of the over-use of auto-tune, bad songwriting, and horrible vocal skills, then this truly is the album for you. However, if u have "ears" like the rest of us do, then it is not.

1. It’s hard to remember the last time an album so flat and vacuous generated such a buzz.
  2. Here he frames her Valley Girl sneer with electro-glam arrangements that make brushing one's teeth ''with a bottle of Jack'' sound like an awesome way to kill the morning-after blues.
  3. Ke$ha's tipsy lilt allows her to effortlessly shift from half-singing to half-talking, a technique that makes her vocals carom like shiny pinballs against the crazy beats and sound effects that make up these tracks. She never gets bogged down or sounds like she's trying too hard.