Animal - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Jan 5, 2010
5.1

Review this album

1. May 24, 2011
    No amount of autotune can turn Ke$ha from glittery train wreck into a bona fide Britney competitor cause lets face it - thats all Ke$has after. Take it off and V.I.P are the only great tracks.
  2. Sep 10, 2011
    Many say this album was "the best of 2010" or "the best way to begin the new decade". I beg to differ. Very few of these songs here are actually enjoyable. Actually, I can't think of one that I truly, solidly enjoyed. "Your Love Is My Drug", "TiK ToK", "Blah Blah Blah", and "Take It Off" are all stupid.
  3. Mar 25, 2012
    Well............not good. I Like a lot "Take it Off", but not the other songs.... the sound is the same in all the songs... the kind of album with 2 hits and no substance, like LMFAO's "Sorry for party rocking" but better.
    ( sorry for my English )
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    ...............................................................The way she presents herself in this album and in public is trash. She is one of the worst Brittney Spears ripoffs.
  5. Nov 25, 2010
    This album is mostly filled with Auto-Tune, computerized beeps in the wrong places, and too many songs sounding the same. First of all, we have the actually decent: "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes", & "Animal". Then we have the average: "Tik Tok", "Stephen", "Hungover", "Party at a Rich Dude's House", & "Blind". Then, come the utterly laughable: "Kiss N' Tell", "Blah Blah Blah", "Backstabber", "Dinosaur", & "Boots & Boys". Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2010
    God-awful to say the least. Redundant, the inappropriate and ineffective usage of Auto-Tube and the slutty drunk party girl persona. Honestly, sometimes you can even differentiate songs from another and discern when a song ends. You can thank my roommate for this review. Buy: N/A

Download: N/A

Skip: Everything except "Take It Off" which deserves one listen but no download
  7. Aug 15, 2012
    This is a great tornado of destruction. The auto-tune is the great emperor in the crisp voice of Ke$ha, creating an eerie echo and thundering. Tracks like "Tik Tok" and "Blah, Blah, Blah" are simply sharp arrows going at high speed directly to your eardrums. Just say, disappointing.
  8. May 31, 2011
    Ke$ha is what a lot of pop stars are these days -- spunky and obnoxious. Animal is nevertheless a generic, yet irresistibly catchy dance album that is adequately produced, but notoriously cheap. Its standout track is its lead single, "TiK ToK", which is -- again -- irresistibly catchy. However, a lot of its weakness draws from tracks such as "Backstabber", that are flooded in heavy amounts of Auto-Tune and sound like they were recorded on GarageBand. Expand
  9. Apr 9, 2011
    It looks like Kesha and Justin Bieber are trying their hardest to to make mainstream music even worse than it is. This album is disgustingly awful, with terrible lyrics and oh so many stutters. She barely even sings; she just talks the lyrics.
  10. Dec 29, 2010
    I hate this album as much as the next guy but please quit crying about how much music has become a commodity because its really embarassing that I constantly see people going up to a tombstone entitled "real music" leaving flowers and crying. Ok i never really saw that but the way you people act, it might as well be. Calm down people sheesh, Its just music, not your life.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    Talk about filler! There are only 6 good tracks, the 4 singles, her appearance on the Taio Cruz record dirty picture and 1 album track called kiss and tell. The other 10 songs sound exactly the same and even the youth of today would cringe at the lyrics and the production could of been done by children. The only reason why I give it a 4 is because 6 of the tracks are good. If I was you I would just buy the 5 singles. Expand
  12. Sep 16, 2010
    Ke$ha is your stereotypical pop artist, one that can not sing. If you have ever heard her live, you will know what I mean. In one point in time, having SOME singing talent was a requirement to be a pop star. Today, all you need to be have is a party girl image and pretend to be drunk everywhere you go. This whole album is full of autotune. Every. Single. Song. Yes, it's catchy. Doesn't mean it's worthy anything. Expand
  13. Feb 20, 2011
    Too much auto-tune and not enough actual talent. Oh and she can't spell. I refuse to call her Ke-sha, and always refer to her as "Ke-dollar-ha". It's how it's spelled...
  14. Nov 27, 2010
    It's funny how the Auto-tuned Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, earned so much money in the music industry. While musical talents like Bjork are trying to gather people's attention by using her original voice and avant-garde themed music, Ke$ha is just a girl who wants to get fame instantly without corcerning her music. Whoever says Ke$ha is good for making fun music is wrong. When you listen to the album, the first few things you will find hating in this album are the wasted lyrics and deafening Auto-tuned Ke$ha's voice. Ke$ha does not even use her own voice in the album. It's like a robot was making this album more than Ke$ha did. The lyrics are good only when you are in the club, starting fights or putting yourself in shame either you are totally drunk or high on drugs. I say Lady Gaga is a lousy artist. Yet, Ke$ha makes Lady Gaga similar to Kate Bush because she's so much worse than the bad Lady Gaga. It'll be a miracle to her if this album will be remembered as long as Diana Ross' album did. Expand
  15. Oct 5, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Despite a couple of catchy beats, the lyrics are so vacuous and trite and the singer's voice so grating (dare I call her a singer? She talks her way through most of the album with the voice of a bratty 13 year old) that any redeeming qualities imparted by beat or production are negated. Ke$ha makes the likes of Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look like refined ladies. If I were a singer, I'd be embarrassed to share a label with her. Just YUCK. Expand
  16. Jul 27, 2011
    Ke$sha has a hard time understanding her job. Music Artist are supposed to create and break boundaries. Not mock them. "Animal" may be praised for it's catchy tunes. But not all catchy music is good music. With little to no intelligence, "Animal" has to be one of the hardest to listen to albums I've ever heard. Where there are witty and asinine lyrics and abuse use of an Auto-Tune plugin, you get a sound that is under worked, lazy, and overrated. Expand
  17. Dec 7, 2012
    If you are a fan of the over-use of auto-tune, bad songwriting, and horrible vocal skills, then this truly is the album for you. However, if u have "ears" like the rest of us do, then it is not.
  18. Jun 16, 2011
    It's perfect for when you want a pulsating migrane. If you respect yourself and love music, just avoid Kesha at all costs. I mean, for the love of God, if she keeps getting money for this "music" she'll never leave.
  19. Dec 15, 2011
    A Glittery- Pop- Auto-tune Mess with awful hooks and childish lyrics. She brings absolutely nothing new to the Pop table and appeals primarily to pre-teenage girls who could care less about its terrible lyrics. Granted there is a decent song in there in "Animal" but the record as a whole is beyond awful.

1. It’s hard to remember the last time an album so flat and vacuous generated such a buzz.
  2. Here he frames her Valley Girl sneer with electro-glam arrangements that make brushing one's teeth ''with a bottle of Jack'' sound like an awesome way to kill the morning-after blues.
  3. Ke$ha's tipsy lilt allows her to effortlessly shift from half-singing to half-talking, a technique that makes her vocals carom like shiny pinballs against the crazy beats and sound effects that make up these tracks. She never gets bogged down or sounds like she's trying too hard.