Animal - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Jan 5, 2010
5.2

Review this album

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Best album of 2010. 1. "Your Love Is My Drug" 7/10 (Annoying Chorus, great otherwise)
    2. "Tik Tok" 8/10 (Great Track, But Over Played)
    3. "Take It Off" 10/10 (Amazing track all around, only critique too much autotune)
    4. "Kiss 'N' Tell" 10/10 (Great lyrics about a cheating boyfriend, overall extremely catchy)
    5. "Stephen"
    5/10 (Oh dear, only song i cant stand)
    6. "Blah Blah Blah" (featuring 3OH!3) 10/10 (Effective lyrics and great overall track)
    7. "Hungover" 10/10 (A softer side of Kesha, great track) 8. "Party at a Rich Dude's House" 7/10 (Missing a special something)
    9. "Backstabber" 8/10 (Great track)
    10. "Blind" 10/10 (Favorite track from the album)
    11. "Dinosaur" 7/10 (Funny but a little blah)
    12. "Dancing with Tears in My Eyes" 9/10 (Amazing lyrics, typical chorus)
    13. "Boots & Boys" 6/10 (Missing something)
    14. "Animal" 10/10 (Great track )
  2. May 22, 2014
    After 20+ listenings I would give the album an A.
    After a while you learn to appreciate each and every song on this fun dance pop album. It's -as is clearer now- certainly an album with a clear organic connection to the singer. I would suggest listening to Animal Inside, a very beautiful song.
  3. Aug 14, 2013
    I love this CD! This is not a "mixed or average" CD! This is Ke$ha's best work, and you can see that in the songs. And songs like "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes" show that Ke$ha isn't just a party girl.
  4. Dec 12, 2010
    I am a little ashamed to say that I really liked this album. Some may say a lot of bad things, but in it, there is tons of great songs. I mean, "Tik Tok" already entered on the world pop culture. A lot of singers have covered this song, it appeared on Simpsons, and even earned a fun video parody with Star Wars. Everyone that listened to the song, got it stuck on their minds. I mean, it's not clever, but this is the POP song that we have been waiting since Britney Spears' "Toxic." But there are other two song extremely good on the album: "Take It Off", a hard song that is incredibly catchy and "Animal" that is the one that everyone that says that Kesha doesn't write good music should listen to. "Hungover" is another song that shows a different side of her. I mean, you will like this album, if you do not take it seriously. Expand
  5. Oct 7, 2011
    This CD Should Of Won ALBUM OF THE YEAR! A Great Debut Album, Almost As Good As Katy Perry's One Of The Boys.
    Kesha "Ke$ha" Sebert Has A Very Different Sound Than Anyone I Have Ever Heard.. I Don't Care What Other People Say "She Can't Sing Live Withought Autotune" Yes It Sounds Different... But Still Good!
    Below Is A Score Of Every Song On Ke$ha's Debut Album: Animal
    Your Love Is My
    Drug 10/10
    Tik Tok 9/10
    Take It Off 9/10
    Ki$$ And Tell 8/10
    Stephen 9/10
    Blah Blah Blah (The Hardest Song To Score.. I Hate The Guys.... K$ Does Fine) 8/10
    Hungover 10/10
    Party At A Rich Dudes House 8/10
    Blind 9/10
    D.I.N.A.$.A.U.R. (Best Lyrics) 10/10
    Dancing With Tears In My Eyes 8/10
    Boots & Boys (The Worst Song On The CD 6/10)
    Animal (BEST VOCALS & The BEST SONG ON THE CD!) 10/10
  6. Jun 2, 2011
    Much like Lady Gaga's "The Fame", Ke$ha's "Animal" is one of the most well-polished successors to Britney Spears' "Blackout". Hard to listen at first, it becomes very enjoyable after multiple listens though intellectually, she never seems to veer away from the drunk materialistic gal she's embodying in every song or video. Even so, her portrayal is sincere and rocking and the fact that she doesn't give a f*ck what you think makes the music more enjoyable to listen to. A drunk record with a drunk soul. Expand
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    The debut album from Ke$ha is certainly a good one! Although the auto tune can be quite unkind at times theres no doubt the tracks on this are lyrically amazing and they will get you dancing! If you take a look at the 4 singles released TiK ToK,Blah Blah Blah,Your Love Is My Drug and Take It Off, most people just think its an album full of party tracks, wrong. Look at songs like Stephen, Blind and Dancing With Tears In My Eyes. Overall a favourable album with highlights such as TiK ToK, Animal, Your Love Is My Drug, Blind and Take It Off. The only low i can find in the whole album would be Boots & Boys, i just dont really like the song personally. If you dont have the album yet, pick it up now its worth it! Expand
  8. Jan 19, 2013
    Nice debut album from Ke$ha that managed to deliver a string of hits. It's pure party pop music, and sure Ke$ha might not have the best voice but it's a fun album and full of catchy songs. Worth buying :)
  9. Mar 24, 2013

Dancing With Tear$ In My Eye$ 8/10
    Boot$ And Boy$ 7/10
    Animal 10/10
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    If you overlook the intense autotune use, this album was actually very good. Ke$ha shows the world it's okay to be crazy and fun loving, with humorous lyrics and catchy beats.
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    While this album is generic pop, its well done generic pop. All the songs are very catchy. Especially Backstabber and Kiss 'n' Tell are songs you'll be singing to within three listens.
  12. Nov 1, 2010
    With Animal, Ke$ha proves that she can make a nice-use of the auto-tune, with many danceable songs, despite this, we can't even say if she has any vocal ability.
  13. Nov 6, 2010
    She has sass and i'll say that. The album has just a tad bit to much auto-tune to it. Yet songs like "Kiss n Tell" and "Your Love is My Drug" are obvious best. The worst " Take it Off". It has just too much auto-tuned to it.Though the dance sound is nice at many times.
  14. Nov 25, 2010
    Animal have (like the most of the albums) a message on the lyrics. The message of Animal is: "it's party time". The album's lyrics are about party and that's good because in this world full of concerns, you need to forget it and chill out. However, the album take that party message to a extreme. The album in an only word: "catchy".
  15. Nov 26, 2010
    Her debut album is neither bad nor too good. It is good. Her songs are catchy and fun. The album is made for the dancefloor from "Your Love Is My Drug" to "Animal." Her techno-ballads possess that dancefloor beat. Lyrically, TiK ToK, Back$tabber, and etc is bad, "trying too hard", and empty. I love the rhythm and beats but the alcoholic lyrics is not needed.
  16. Aug 4, 2012
    The songs on Animal are catchy, but a lot of them are too similar and generic. Ke$ha does display a lot of personality on the album. Although there was a bit too much auto-tune, one thing I liked seemed to pop up on a few of the songs' final hooks: the way her vocals were layered (on Animal, DWTIME, KnT, Blind). Unfortunately, Ke$ha doesn't display as much talent as she has.
  17. May 19, 2012
    There are many earworms on this album, but Kesha's delivery is the same in each song. It's part of her appeal, but it gets old quite fast. Once again I keep admiring the people who wrote these songs (it's not easy to write light pop songs that you can hum after hearing them once) rather than the performer. And after seeing Kesha live at some TV shows, it's clear that she needs autotune for more than just a cool sound effect. Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2011
    Kesha might abuse her charm here and there, but Animal is an overly obnoxious, yet addictive guilty pleasure that spotlighted Kesha's fame and fortune. Overall, Animal gives us a hint of how crazily creative Kesha is in the studio, but let's hope she's a little more professional in her second studio album.
  19. Jul 22, 2012
    The songs on this album don't differ much in sound, but they are catchy throughout the whole album. Most of them show some kind of lack of intelligent lyrics, but the album is still good enough to have several good moments (Take It Off, Backstabber and Dancing With Tears in My Eyes).
  20. Apr 11, 2013
    A lot of just pop filler, but overall this is a good debut from Ke$ha. "Your Love Is My Drug" "Take It Off" and "Animal" are my standout tracks on the album.
  21. Sep 28, 2014
    Though it feels like it was just yester-year that Kesha—then known as 'Ke$ha'—took a commercial bath in fame, fortune, and glitter in between from the success of her debut single "TiK ToK", it has been nearly half a decade since the release of her debut album Animal and although she's more recently remembered for her rehab stint earlier this year—which actually didn't involve 'a bottle of Jack' in contrast to her nay-sayers—she remains a polarizing figure to the public. For example, her overuse of Auto-Tune made us question her vocal capabilities and with lyrics like "D-I-N-O-S-A-you are a dinosaur", we definitely questioned her songwriting capabilities. Would she be a one-hit wonder? Is she a parody artist or is this actually as deep as it gets in the mind of this Nashville gal-turned-Valley girl? Many of the questions have already been answered, we just never really payed more attention than we should have to learn them. Her 2012 acoustic EP Deconstructed certainly spotlights her ability to sing—why anyone would wanna cover up that quivery-yet-beautifully raw Nashville accent is above me—and considering her lengthy string of top-ten hits since her debut, it's out of question how successful her schtick has sold so far.

Let's get to Animal now: to sum it up, depth isn't in this record's ungrammatical vocabulary. Production-wise, Dr. Luke and Max Martin created some of the '10s most guiltiest electropop pleasures out of hits like "Take It Off" and "Your Love Is My Drug", however, while Lady Gaga's 2008 club classic "Just Dance" features some surprisingly well-detailed production to accompany its drunken lyricism, neither of the aforementioned are groundbreaking in any shape or form and often sound so sweet, they rot at the brain like a cavity due to the simplicity. The highlights on the record come from assisting producers like Tom Neville on "Boots & Boys"—spoiler, it lists two primary 'obsessions' that 'bring [her] so much joy'—and the Greg Kurstin-produced title track that could be the most thought-provoking, vulnerable track on the record. Her following EP Cannibal and second studio album Warrior continue to unveil more and more of her impact as a pop icon—albeit very, very calmly. As for now, Animal remains one of her funnest records to date and whether you're a female (or male) teenager experiencing bratty hormonal development or too drunk to understand who or what you are at this moment, it has a lot to offer as far as mindless dance-pop goes.
  22. Jun 20, 2014
    Um bom album,tem boas músicas,um pouco mais da maioria,por isso o 6.
    Mas mesmo nas boas faixas,houve um pecado,o auto tune.
    Ke$ha aprendeu com Animal e fez albuns melhores depois.
  23. May 30, 2011
    Several songs, such as Blah Blah Blah and Take It Off, are very catchy - and that's all. Autotune is used on almost every track and is sometimes extremely irritating and makes all songs sound the same. It is good that she contributed to the songwriting on every track, but only some of them are worth a listen.
  24. Nov 25, 2010
    This album is mostly filled with Auto-Tune, computerized beeps in the wrong places, and too many songs sounding the same. First of all, we have the actually decent: "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes", & "Animal". Then we have the average: "Tik Tok", "Stephen", "Hungover", "Party at a Rich Dude's House", & "Blind". Then, come the utterly laughable: "Kiss N' Tell", "Blah Blah Blah", "Backstabber", "Dinosaur", & "Boots & Boys". Expand
  25. May 31, 2011
    Ke$ha is what a lot of pop stars are these days -- spunky and obnoxious. Animal is nevertheless a generic, yet irresistibly catchy dance album that is adequately produced, but notoriously cheap. Its standout track is its lead single, "TiK ToK", which is -- again -- irresistibly catchy. However, a lot of its weakness draws from tracks such as "Backstabber", that are flooded in heavy amounts of Auto-Tune and sound like they were recorded on GarageBand. Expand
  26. Dec 11, 2011
    Talk about filler! There are only 6 good tracks, the 4 singles, her appearance on the Taio Cruz record dirty picture and 1 album track called kiss and tell. The other 10 songs sound exactly the same and even the youth of today would cringe at the lyrics and the production could of been done by children. The only reason why I give it a 4 is because 6 of the tracks are good. If I was you I would just buy the 5 singles. Expand
  27. Mar 25, 2012
    Well............not good. I Like a lot "Take it Off", but not the other songs.... the sound is the same in all the songs... the kind of album with 2 hits and no substance, like LMFAO's "Sorry for party rocking" but better.
    ( sorry for my English )
  28. May 24, 2011
    No amount of autotune can turn Ke$ha from glittery train wreck into a bona fide Britney competitor cause lets face it - thats all Ke$has after. Take it off and V.I.P are the only great tracks.
  29. Nov 27, 2010
    It's funny how the Auto-tuned Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, earned so much money in the music industry. While musical talents like Bjork are trying to gather people's attention by using her original voice and avant-garde themed music, Ke$ha is just a girl who wants to get fame instantly without corcerning her music. Whoever says Ke$ha is good for making fun music is wrong. When you listen to the album, the first few things you will find hating in this album are the wasted lyrics and deafening Auto-tuned Ke$ha's voice. Ke$ha does not even use her own voice in the album. It's like a robot was making this album more than Ke$ha did. The lyrics are good only when you are in the club, starting fights or putting yourself in shame either you are totally drunk or high on drugs. I say Lady Gaga is a lousy artist. Yet, Ke$ha makes Lady Gaga similar to Kate Bush because she's so much worse than the bad Lady Gaga. It'll be a miracle to her if this album will be remembered as long as Diana Ross' album did. Expand
  30. Sep 10, 2011
    Many say this album was "the best of 2010" or "the best way to begin the new decade". I beg to differ. Very few of these songs here are actually enjoyable. Actually, I can't think of one that I truly, solidly enjoyed. "Your Love Is My Drug", "TiK ToK", "Blah Blah Blah", and "Take It Off" are all stupid.
  31. Jul 27, 2011
    Ke$sha has a hard time understanding her job. Music Artist are supposed to create and break boundaries. Not mock them. "Animal" may be praised for it's catchy tunes. But not all catchy music is good music. With little to no intelligence, "Animal" has to be one of the hardest to listen to albums I've ever heard. Where there are witty and asinine lyrics and abuse use of an Auto-Tune plugin, you get a sound that is under worked, lazy, and overrated. Expand
  32. Feb 20, 2011
    Too much auto-tune and not enough actual talent. Oh and she can't spell. I refuse to call her Ke-sha, and always refer to her as "Ke-dollar-ha". It's how it's spelled...
  33. Oct 5, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Despite a couple of catchy beats, the lyrics are so vacuous and trite and the singer's voice so grating (dare I call her a singer? She talks her way through most of the album with the voice of a bratty 13 year old) that any redeeming qualities imparted by beat or production are negated. Ke$ha makes the likes of Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look like refined ladies. If I were a singer, I'd be embarrassed to share a label with her. Just YUCK. Expand
  34. Apr 9, 2011
    It looks like Kesha and Justin Bieber are trying their hardest to to make mainstream music even worse than it is. This album is disgustingly awful, with terrible lyrics and oh so many stutters. She barely even sings; she just talks the lyrics.
  35. Aug 15, 2012
    This is a great tornado of destruction. The auto-tune is the great emperor in the crisp voice of Ke$ha, creating an eerie echo and thundering. Tracks like "Tik Tok" and "Blah, Blah, Blah" are simply sharp arrows going at high speed directly to your eardrums. Just say, disappointing.
  36. Dec 29, 2010
    I hate this album as much as the next guy but please quit crying about how much music has become a commodity because its really embarassing that I constantly see people going up to a tombstone entitled "real music" leaving flowers and crying. Ok i never really saw that but the way you people act, it might as well be. Calm down people sheesh, Its just music, not your life.
  37. Sep 16, 2010
    Ke$ha is your stereotypical pop artist, one that can not sing. If you have ever heard her live, you will know what I mean. In one point in time, having SOME singing talent was a requirement to be a pop star. Today, all you need to be have is a party girl image and pretend to be drunk everywhere you go. This whole album is full of autotune. Every. Single. Song. Yes, it's catchy. Doesn't mean it's worthy anything. Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2010
    God-awful to say the least. Redundant, the inappropriate and ineffective usage of Auto-Tube and the slutty drunk party girl persona. Honestly, sometimes you can even differentiate songs from another and discern when a song ends. You can thank my roommate for this review. Buy: N/A

Download: N/A

Skip: Everything except "Take It Off" which deserves one listen but no download
  39. Jun 16, 2011
    It's perfect for when you want a pulsating migrane. If you respect yourself and love music, just avoid Kesha at all costs. I mean, for the love of God, if she keeps getting money for this "music" she'll never leave.
  40. Nov 12, 2013
    ...............................................................The way she presents herself in this album and in public is trash. She is one of the worst Brittney Spears ripoffs.
  41. Dec 15, 2011
    A Glittery- Pop- Auto-tune Mess with awful hooks and childish lyrics. She brings absolutely nothing new to the Pop table and appeals primarily to pre-teenage girls who could care less about its terrible lyrics. Granted there is a decent song in there in "Animal" but the record as a whole is beyond awful.
  42. Dec 7, 2012
    If you are a fan of the over-use of auto-tune, bad songwriting, and horrible vocal skills, then this truly is the album for you. However, if u have "ears" like the rest of us do, then it is not.

1. It’s hard to remember the last time an album so flat and vacuous generated such a buzz.
  2. Here he frames her Valley Girl sneer with electro-glam arrangements that make brushing one's teeth ''with a bottle of Jack'' sound like an awesome way to kill the morning-after blues.
  3. Ke$ha's tipsy lilt allows her to effortlessly shift from half-singing to half-talking, a technique that makes her vocals carom like shiny pinballs against the crazy beats and sound effects that make up these tracks. She never gets bogged down or sounds like she's trying too hard.