Review this album
Aug 11, 2010Best album of 2010. 1. "Your Love Is My Drug" 7/10 (Annoying Chorus, great otherwise)
2. "Tik Tok" 8/10 (Great Track, But Over Played)
3. "Take It Off" 10/10 (Amazing track all around, only critique too much autotune)
4. "Kiss 'N' Tell" 10/10 (Great lyrics about a cheating boyfriend, overall extremely catchy)
5. "Stephen" 5/10 (Oh dear, only song i cant stand)
6. "Blah Blah Blah" (featuring 3OH!3) 10/10 (Effective lyrics and great overall track)
7. "Hungover" 10/10 (A softer side of Kesha, great track) 8. "Party at a Rich Dude's House" 7/10 (Missing a special something)
9. "Backstabber" 8/10 (Great track)
10. "Blind" 10/10 (Favorite track from the album)
11. "Dinosaur" 7/10 (Funny but a little blah)
12. "Dancing with Tears in My Eyes" 9/10 (Amazing lyrics, typical chorus)
13. "Boots & Boys" 6/10 (Missing something)
14. "Animal" 10/10 (Great track )… Expand
May 22, 2014After 20+ listenings I would give the album an A.
After a while you learn to appreciate each and every song on this fun dance pop album. It's -as is clearer now- certainly an album with a clear organic connection to the singer. I would suggest listening to Animal Inside, a very beautiful song.
Dec 12, 2010I am a little ashamed to say that I really liked this album. Some may say a lot of bad things, but in it, there is tons of great songs. I mean, "Tik Tok" already entered on the world pop culture. A lot of singers have covered this song, it appeared on Simpsons, and even earned a fun video parody with Star Wars. Everyone that listened to the song, got it stuck on their minds. I mean, it's not clever, but this is the POP song that we have been waiting since Britney Spears' "Toxic." But there are other two song extremely good on the album: "Take It Off", a hard song that is incredibly catchy and "Animal" that is the one that everyone that says that Kesha doesn't write good music should listen to. "Hungover" is another song that shows a different side of her. I mean, you will like this album, if you do not take it seriously.… Expand
Oct 7, 2011This CD Should Of Won ALBUM OF THE YEAR! A Great Debut Album, Almost As Good As Katy Perry's One Of The Boys.
Kesha "Ke$ha" Sebert Has A Very Different Sound Than Anyone I Have Ever Heard.. I Don't Care What Other People Say "She Can't Sing Live Withought Autotune" Yes It Sounds Different... But Still Good!
Below Is A Score Of Every Song On Ke$ha's Debut Album: Animal
Your Love Is My Drug 10/10
Tik Tok 9/10
Take It Off 9/10
Ki$$ And Tell 8/10
Blah Blah Blah (The Hardest Song To Score.. I Hate The Guys.... K$ Does Fine) 8/10
Party At A Rich Dudes House 8/10
D.I.N.A.$.A.U.R. (Best Lyrics) 10/10
Dancing With Tears In My Eyes 8/10
Boots & Boys (The Worst Song On The CD 6/10)
Animal (BEST VOCALS & The BEST SONG ON THE CD!) 10/10… Expand
Ke$ha's tipsy lilt allows her to effortlessly shift from half-singing to half-talking, a technique that makes her vocals carom like shiny pinballs against the crazy beats and sound effects that make up these tracks. She never gets bogged down or sounds like she's trying too hard.