Antics - Interpol
9.0

Review this album

1. Jun 4, 2011
    This as to be my favorite album of the past decade. I'd say this one is even better than Turn on the bright lights because the songs are weirder, maybe a bit less dark, truly original as a whole. I absolutely love Paul Banks lyrics and voice, I don't think it's too much "Ian Curtisesque", or if it is well he did a better job. Same thing with the absurd Radiohead comparisons, I still can't find anything in common with those two bands. Enough with that. Antics is truly a masterpiece and an easy 10. Expand
  2. Jan 20, 2012
    Not quite the epic that was Turn On the Bright Lights but a very impressive follow up to it all the same. The bands biggest hit "Evil" really drove this album on commercially but there are plenty of better songs on here. It's still got the dark feel of TOTBL but doesn't have the same panic in the vocals and is a slightly brighter record overall. In my opinion Interpols first two records are flawless and it's a pity what followed after this wasn't quite up to scratch. They've been in the shadow of these records since they were released. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    Antics is a perfect album. No weak songs whatsoever, it just thumps and pounds in it's own dark way from start to finish without skipping a beat. Most Interpol fans would offer up their debut album Turn On The Bright Lights as the band's masterwork. For me, it's definitely Antics.
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    Perhaps the most upbeat album conducted by Interpol. If you are to introduce someone to this band, this is the album that you must show them to get them hooked.
  5. Dec 29, 2013
    Doesn't Quite top Interpol's stunning Turn On The Bright Lights, yet feels just as Bleak and depressing for example Tracks like Narc and Evil really show that the band still have what it takes to create new bleak, sad, lonely psychotic sounds about been blue.

There's something totally irresistible about Antics: The air of mystery, the bleak but hopeful arrangements and the melodies so sharp and moving that they might inspire a night of heroic partying.
  2. An album scored through with a vehement beauty that, with each listen, becomes all the more acute for its unwillingness to shy away from life's bleaker, more painful moments. [25 Sep 2004, p.62]
  3. Antics is ridiculously good. [Oct 2004, p.112]