Antidotes - Foals
7.6

Review this album

1. Feb 19, 2011
    'Tis a pretty strong debut! Was flirting with being harsh and giving it a 7, but I think it just about deserves an 8. With a strong balance of Indie anthems and soundscapey journeys like Olympic Airways and Big Big Love, it's got a good variety. There are a couple of lame ish ventures in the form of Red Socks Puge and Electric Bloom, but other than that, damn fine.
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    A decent record throughout and if you wanted one word to describe it I would say solid. This is much more frantic stuff than the band's two albums output since which are more in the typical indie rock/pop vein. Some will argue that this is where Foals sound at their most unique and what they have done since fails to stand out to the same extent. While I appreciate the serious rhythmicA decent record throughout and if you wanted one word to describe it I would say solid. This is much more frantic stuff than the band's two albums output since which are more in the typical indie rock/pop vein. Some will argue that this is where Foals sound at their most unique and what they have done since fails to stand out to the same extent. While I appreciate the serious rhythmic pieces on display on ANTIDOTES and the lightning in a bottle guitar work, for me their later work is more substantial and more satisfying. Expand

1. Promise delivered, divided by expectations frenzied, multiplied by still-evident potential for future releases… equals a Pitchfork-style 8.6.
  2. They do make thoroughly exciting music that becomes quickly airborne, able to move the listener to a different plane with disarming ease.
  3. Their debut sounds sleek and exhilarating, although Foals seem cautious about completely breaking out of the punk-funk strictures that have confined them so far.