- Summary: The second solo album from Slash features Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge on vocals and was produced by Eric Valentine.
- Record Label: EMI
- Genre(s): Pop/Rock, Album Rock, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Guitar Virtuoso
- More Details and Credits »
Jun 30, 2012At first I was somewhat skeptical of this album, and was unimpressed. As I kept listening to it, I have grown to like it more and more. ThereAt first I was somewhat skeptical of this album, and was unimpressed. As I kept listening to it, I have grown to like it more and more. There are enough catchy riffs and lyrics to keep you listening over and over. Yes, there is no Paradise City or Sweet Child O'mine, but still some very good tunes. We have to try not to compare this, to one of the best records ever made. Good Cd, worth buying.… Collapse
Jul 1, 2012This album is truly amazing and reminds me a lot of the old gnr. Songs like Anastasia are one of slash's best songs ever. The album provesThis album is truly amazing and reminds me a lot of the old gnr. Songs like Anastasia are one of slash's best songs ever. The album proves that rock and roll still exists. Yet again myles' vocals are flawless and in my opinion, has the best rock and roll voice in these modern times. The album was all recorded live so it has that raw feel to it. A must have for any rock fan!… Expand
May 23, 2012Best Hard-Rock Record I've been listen in years. Great work for Slash and Myles again.
The band has to grow even more. But has great songs andBest Hard-Rock Record I've been listen in years. Great work for Slash and Myles again.
The band has to grow even more. But has great songs and compositions that will make people fall in love common to the genre of it.… Expand
Sep 19, 2012I completely think that the 68 metascore that this site has rated this album is BS. This album is absolutely amazing. I'm gonna do aI completely think that the 68 metascore that this site has rated this album is BS. This album is absolutely amazing. I'm gonna do a track-by-track review. 1. Apocalyptic Love- The title track. Has a really slow intro, that starts into an amazing riff. This was one of the first songs I heard off the album, and it's one of the best.
2. One Last Thrill- This song is a fast, heavy, punk influenced track. I love this song, and even 4 months after the album's been out, I still don't know the lyrics all the way through. 3. Standing in the Sun- This is one of my all time favorite Slash and Myles Kennedy songs. When I first heard this song, I found myself pausing the song and smiling about the lyrics ("So keep your cloud of darkness and doom off my parade" being one of my favorite lyrics off the album). 4. You're A Lie- The First single off the album. This song really shows the power of Jesus, ahem Myles Kennedy's voice. The solo and the breakdown made me really love this song. 5. No More Heroes- This song is great. I don't really know how to explain why it's so good, other than it's great.
6. Halo- Epic lyrics, epic riff, epic vocals, epic solo. My 2nd favorite off the album. 7. We Will Roam- Never listened to this song all the way through (I don't know why)
8. Anastasia- Beginning with a classical guitar riff, that kicks into a heavy melodic verse and chorus combination, ending with a 2 minute solo. What more can you ask for in a song?
9. Not For Me- Slow epic ballad that is about drugs. I could really relate to this song, and it is the only song (so far) that I can play on bass. 10. Bad Rain- I really don't know how to describe this song. It's a heavy melodic love song, I really like it though. 11. Hard & Fast- This is like a heavier version of One Last Thrill. This song has an amazing solo. This song is absolutely great. 12. Far and Away- Never heard this song all the way through.
13. Shots Fired- Great song to close a great album
Myles Kennedy and Slash combined make an amazing band. If these two had formed a band in 1985 (When GNR was formed), I would still be happy. These guys are two GODS in hard rock and I can't wait until their next album comes out. (Next Year im hoping)… Expand
Jun 2, 2012This album didn't stick with me at first, which was disappointing. With each additional listen I liked it more and more and eventuallyThis album didn't stick with me at first, which was disappointing. With each additional listen I liked it more and more and eventually decided it was great. The problem here is that the songs just don't have catchy hooks or big choruses to really catch fire, but the craftsmanship is fantastic. My favorite album so far this year. Standouts: Anastasia and Bad Rain. Duds: none.… Expand
Jun 2, 2012Collaboration of great guitarist and one of the best vocals I've ever heard gave us one of the best rock - albums in 2012. Some of the songsCollaboration of great guitarist and one of the best vocals I've ever heard gave us one of the best rock - albums in 2012. Some of the songs have such a great story, solos, and it's all covered with Myles's voice. And the favourites are: Anastasia, Bad Rain, Shots Fired, We Will Roam and You're a Lie.… Expand
Nov 5, 2013This could've bee a great album, but I think the problem here is that Myles Kennedy's voice just isn't a right match for Slash's guitarThis could've bee a great album, but I think the problem here is that Myles Kennedy's voice just isn't a right match for Slash's guitar playing. Kennedy's voice is too clean and "wimpery" and doesn't have enough power or personality to blend with the vibe of Slash's guitar. Kennedy's voice can sound a little too whiny with not enough texture, like a balloon with the air being let out of it. I loved Rod Jackson's singing on the 2nd Slash's Snakepit album Rod Jackson had a booming, powerful voice with a soulful "growl" to it that really meshed with Slash's vibe. I wrote a review earlier in which i criticized the album for lacking in soul or personality, but at the time I couldn't quite put my finger on why. Having come back and listened to it again, it's clear that Kennedy's voice and vocal melodies are the culprit. Slash needed a bigger voice with more texture and SOUL to really bring out the best in his guitar playing.… Expand
|Doolittle 25 - Pixies|
|Physical Graffiti [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar|
|Black Messiah - D'Angelo|
|The Smithsonian Folkways Collection [Box Set] - Lead Belly|
|Bouquets from a Cloudy Sky: The Complete Pretty Things Collection [Box Set] - The Pretty Things|
|Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens|
|No Cities to Love - Sleater-Kinney|
|G Stands For Go-Betweens, Vol. 1 [Box Set] - The Go-Betweens|
|Apex Predator - Easy Meat - Napalm Death|
|Hand.Cannot.Erase. - Steven Wilson|
|The Fade in Time - Sam Lee|
|The Mindsweep - Enter Shikari|
|From Kinshasa - Mbongwana Star|
|Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit - Courtney Barnett|
|Choose Your Weapon - Hiatus Kaiyote|
|Extra Painful - Yo La Tengo|
|Complicated Game - James McMurtry|
|Ten Love Songs - Susanne Sundfør|
|Vulnicura - Björk|